Old 03-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #121  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday girls. I've got my niece filing away all my A/P stuff. Once she's done with that she'll start on the A/R (that's where the nightmare begins). I am embarrassed but not too surprised that I haven't filed much of anything since after September 2004 . Whenever I'm paying bills and kicking out invoices I make copies and just toss them into a pile. I absolutely detest filing, it's one of the worse things you could ask me to do, ever. I'd rather put laundry away I'm just pulled in too many directions here, answering the phone, scheduling appointments, making sure the bills are posted and paid...handling delivers, yadda yadda yadda, filing is the last thing on my mind. Luckily I have a very sharp memory so if I can't find the paper they're asking about, I can usually remember something about it and fake it until I can actually excavate it out from under the pile.

Welcome Gina You picked a great group of gals to hang out with You sound like a busy woman as well. I've done WW in the past and it works great if you follow it Are you doing the points or core plan? How are you liking it so far? Sorry if I ask a lot of questions... I like to talk alot Well, I'm a married mother of 1 son (6 y.o.). My husband is a plumbing contractor and I run the office. We're a small company with just 4 other employees. I used to work in credit for 6 years but left that job for this one. Still not sure if I like it or not but it's a job. Can't wait to hear more about ya.

Julie, Calorieking.com is a great site, a lot more in their database than fitday.com. I'm glad you enjoyed your Easter Sunday. You're lucky that DH can take the goodies to the office and away from you, I'd have no such luck.

Angie, hope your day is going smoothly. Did you guys get approval to hang that neat sign?

Hey Kempy, I know you probably have a lot of customers. Don't work too hard.

Cherie, how'd you enjoy easter w/your girls?

Hey Cal, are you back to old grind yet? How did you the family enjoy Easter?

Well, I gotta get some work done while I have the extra hands helping me. Hello to all I may have missed and have a great Monday.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 03-28-2005 at 04:20 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:40 PM   #122  

Hey Girls,

I am back to school today. Not a bad start. Kiddos were moaning and groaning because I gave them homework; I told them, "Welcome back to school!!" I love my job.

Gina: Welcome. Noelle is right, these girls are the greatest. They have really been a support for me. I am a married mom of one daughter (age 7). My husband is from Italy so we travel there whenever we can. Travelling is one of my favorite things to do. I am a 7th grade Language Arts (English and Reading) teacher. I live just outside of Phoenix, Arizona where today it got up to near 80 degrees. Summer is coming!! Actually, it just feels nice to have some real Spring weather for a change. Supposed to be up to about 85 by this weekend. Again, welcome and we hope to get to know you better.

Noelle: Glad you got some help with the filing. When your niece finishes there you can send her to me. I also have not filed anything since Sept 2004. I hate filing. Like you, I know and remember enough to fake it until I find whatever I need.

Angie: I can't wait to hear how your first day went. I'm so excited for you. I also look forward to seeing your bakery this summer.

Julie: We didn't have much chocolate for Easter; never do because we don't let Ashley have it very often. In fact, she got a chocolate egg which she took 2 bites out of and didn't want it anymore and she got some jelly beans, which she said she doesn't like. We usually give her toys and things like that in place of candy. We did color some Easter eggs though and that was fun.

Kempy: My brother said he wasn't impressed with NO. He said it was dirtier and more congested than San Francisco. He said there were nice spots, but he expected more, I guess. How are things going for you? I hope business is picking up and you are busy, but not too busy. Have you been hit with some of those storms?

Cherie: Hope everything is well with you and your girls. I hope they enjoyed Easter as well.

Hello to Dips (where are you, girl??) and Summer.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:52 AM   #123  

Good Morning Girls!

First of all, thank you for welcoming me to your group. I may not get time to join in every day since I work from 10:00 to 2:00 during the week, and most of the time it is fairly busy here. But, my boss is in Florida (his winter retreat), coming back later today, so things will pick up again, especially with him trying to catch up on everything, although his son covered for him.

Anyhoo, as I mentioned, I live on the coastline and am a married mother of 4 children. My husband is a builder/renovator/mason/fisherman/type of guy. Right now he is working on Katherine Hepburn's house in Fenwick, which is a borough of Old Saybrook, where we reside. Fenwick is the uppity, prestigious, monied part. A business man from New York city bought the place for about 7 million and is totally renovating it. The house sits directly on the waterfront, alone from the other mansions in the borough.

Noelle: I am doing the flex plan at WW. I have done WW in the past and I find it to be the best for me. One of the girls at the office does SB, and she loves it. It's WW for me, although, I know what you mean, if you follow it!

We went to Hawaii about 12 years ago for our honeymoon. I love, love Hawaii. So beautiful. We did the tourist thing - Dole Pineapple, Pearl Harbor, went to a Luau (sp?), etc. It was so much fun and sooooo romantic. We went to the Island of Kuai (sp. again?) which was so lush and beautiful. Hopefully, we will go back again some day.

Cal: My parents are from Italy. They travel there quite often. My father is a mason and my mom is a homemaker, babysitter! My husband is Italian, but he was born in the States. I have never been to Arizona, but my sister has, and she absolutely loved it. Your weather is great. We are reaching 55-60 degrees today, which is great for us, considering the cold and snowy winter we just came off of!

I just went to get some water in the fridge here at work, and no water! Oh well, guess I'll have to use the faucet water. Ugh! Trying to drink at least 8 glasses a day, but the only problem with that is constantly going to the bathroom!

Hello to everyone else. Come out and play!!!

Gina
Ginact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:19 AM   #124  

Good Morning

Gina welcome to the group. I think these girls are great. We have all been friends for a long time. Good luck on WW. I am Julie and have two children and a dh. I am about 10 pounds away from where I would like to be. Btw, I would love to go to Italy. Sounds romantic and I love food!!

Cal that is great she doesn't like candy that much. My dd can't get enough. My ds could care less. Back to school!! Don't work to hard.

Noelle how about this, I come to HI and help you out. I could use a vacation and then we could go out at night? Sounds good to me? You wouldn't even have to pay me . I forgot to ask, did Michael have a good Easter?

Angie I bet you are having fun. In a way I wish dh and I could open a business together. But I don't know what we would do? It would be nice to be together and then sometimes maybe not all the time .

Cherie are you back to work? How are you feeling and sleeping lately? I watched some of the first episode of the Bachelor last night and it was just terrible, I can't believe how down hill the show seems to be going this season. Yuck. All the guy wants to do is "party"!! Stay a bachelor!!

Well hello everyone else. I am going to get going. Have a great day everyone.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:22 AM   #125  

Kempy how was your Easter? Did you go to your side or Joe's? I hope you are doing well. Miss you hun. Have a good week at work, I bet it is picking up for you with summer on its way.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:26 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Easter... a little late. I took the weekend off and just spent it with the girls.... I rented them the Sponge Bob movie... and I am SOOO ready to take it back! Saturday we dyed the eggs, and Sunday I was woken up at 6 AM by some very excited chickies telling me what the Easter Bunny left them. We ended up curling up in bed and watching The Incredibles on my laptop... the movie the EB left. Yesterday, I had the day off and spent it with Alan. I helped him find a dining room set and we shopped for lawn furniture. He hasn't decided about that, but the dining table and chairs looks really nice in his house. I made him stop at Pier One and we found the stuff to put on top of it. Nothing like being able to shop for cool stuff and someone else pays for it!

Angie.. How was your first day?????? I can't wait to see pictures of you place... and the old house sounds wonderful! I love old houses...

Hi Cal... nice to see you again! Your weather sounds wonderful! I wish my girls didn't like chocolate so much..... they had a ball on Sunday eating it all... I kept holding my tongue about it, because it's a holiday and I wanted them to enjoy it.

Noelle.. hey girl! Sounds like you have a great little helper.... and I hear you on the filing. Actually I would rather file than do laundry, so maybe we can work out some kind of trade there!

Julie.. I love calorieking. It has really opened up my eyes to what I am eating. I am trying to log in everything everyday. Oh.. did you watch the Bachelor last night? I did, and it was quite an interesting twist they have done. I don't think he is looking for a wife... and the girls are quite slutty it seems... but it should be some interesting episodes.

Kempy, how did you weekend go?

Summer and Dips HI!!!

Gina.. welcome to our group! Great women... they inspire me! I am a single mother of two girls. Hannah,7 and Megan, 5. I live in Oklahoma City, where I am a payroll manager for a cool weather company. Your husband's work sounds so interesting... I would love to see a manison like that!

OK.. well back to work here. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:13 PM   #127  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Hey!!!

I am so freaking busy right now but I wanted to check in and post about the bakery. We got opened and have done good for opening during mud season. Everyone likes the food and are great to deal with. I even got an order for 3 pies for Thursday so that is great. Here are some pics for you.

I will try to post later but right now I have to go start the donuts.

LUV YA!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bakery 3.jpg (22.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg bakery 5.jpg (31.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg bakery front.jpg (25.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg bakery front 2.jpg (22.8 KB, 16 views)
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #128  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Here is another one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BAKERY !.jpg (20.5 KB, 18 views)
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 05:31 PM   #129  

Oohh Angie!!!! I totally love the pictures. Your bakery is beautiful. Everything!! The donuts, cases, hutches, everything. Glad everything is going so great for you. I am so proud of you!! Thanks for taking the time to check in.
Hi everyone. Going to go have some enchiladas for dinner. Try to check back tonight.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #130  

Good Morning Everyone!!

Ang..... WOW... your store looks awesome! And those doughnuts!! OMG... I was drooling. YUM... I don't know how you do it.... working around all that yummy homemade stuff...... Everything looks great!

Did you watch the Amazing Race last night? I am still rooting for Rob and Amber, but I was disappointed in some of the comments they made last night (regarding the old couple) and how they didn't even ask if everything was ok when they drove by the accident. I am happy Deanna and Ray are off.. She looked like she got beat up there at the end... one eye swollen, lip split. If I were here.. I would take off running from that relationship. He is such a bully.

Well... my Dance Dance Revolution Extreme PS2 game and the two mats came in yesterday. I took it home and the girls and I started on the lessons. Megan (the youngest) can't keep up with the lessons, but she sure did have fun trying to stomp all over the mat. Her leg spread isn't big enough to span the mat.... but she is trying and having a great time. Hannah on the other hand, started out great.... but she tends to pout and give up when the step got to difficult. I tried to show her how to do it.. and that all it takes is practice.... but she just gives up to easily and WHINES...... anyway.. I'm gonna get her back on it this afternoon.... I'm going to make it fun.. she will eventually get the hang of it, hopefully! I was having problems myself on the second lesson when it got going a little fast, so I know if I am having problems, she will too, and I can understand her frustration. Oh well... So far, we are just doing the lessons... I'll keep you posted on how good of an actually workout it is!

I haven't really been exercising... but I am staying pretty OP where my eating is concerned. Tonight, I will get back on the treadmill.. as well and practicing with Hannah a little more.

OK.. guess I will get back to work here.... Everyone come out!!!! :-)

Cherie
Old 03-30-2005, 12:59 PM   #131  

OK... I just updated my signature line. I am going to challenge myself to a Memorial Day Challenge (May 30th) to see if I can lose 16 pounds. I figured 8 pounds a month would be doable if I just apply myself (was going to say 20, but figured that was really over shooting what was reasonable). So... if you are interested.... set a goal and lets see what we can do in the next two months!
Old 03-30-2005, 01:42 PM   #132  

Cherie I am up for it. I need some major motivation. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon and feeling stressed out. Just a medication check up but I am totally anxious . I am glad you and the girls are having a good time with your new game. Sounds like fun....I might have to talk to dh about buying one for the kiddos and me!! Sorry about Amazing Race, I don't watch it had to watch AI. Well I will check in later.
Come out girls.
Again Angie so proud of you. Dh thinks the donut case looks great. I wished we lived closer, I would come and buy alot of your goodies. Dh asked if you shipped any products yet? He has a major sweet tooth, not good for me though .
Old 03-30-2005, 01:48 PM   #133  

I have plain chicken breast baking in the oven right now....I feel like I am stumped on what to make all the time?? Any ideas?? I may shred them when they are done and make bbq chicken or a homemade pot-pie. Who knows.

Noelle who do you think is going tonight? I think it is going to be the guy with the blond hair? I just don't know.

Well gotta fix this hair and do my makeup.

Hi everyone, thinking of you all. Have a great day.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:05 PM   #134  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default happy HUMP day

Hey girls. I don't know why but this darn cold keeps lingering with me. I feel up then I feel down...stuffy head today, I took a Claritin to clear me up but it's not quite working. I hate to go to the docs though. Anywhoo, my niece filed everything I wanted her to do yesterday. Today I feel so busy with trying to keep organized! I don't want to start new piles but just to keep up with filing everything as I churn them out is just so time consuming.

Angie, AWESOME job on the bakery girl. Your selection looks better than brand name bakeries out here, I WANT donuts! I would definitely sit down and have a cup of coffee and a donut (or two) at your bakery .

Julie, I got to watch the whole AI show for once. I didn't really like Scot's version of that Brian McKnight song, mostly because I love the original and Randy was right, it was pitchy. I don't think I paid much attention to Federov, I think it would be between him and Scott to get booted tonight. Did ya notice that there's not much snark-factor in the show anymore now that Mikalah's gone?

Cherie, I'd like to lose at least 10 and not gain it back within 2 weeks of losing it . I am liking your motivation and think it'll rub off. Once I can kick this darn cough I am going out and walking again. Have fun working up a sweat with Dance Dance Revolution

Gina, glad you enjoyed my home state. I live outside of Honolulu but my in-laws live on Kauai "the Garden Isle". Doesn't it feel like a totally different place over there? So laid back and relaxed. Your hubby sounds like mine, he's got a plumbing contracting license but he prefers renovations--something about demolishing things and making them new again is what he loves to do--just on other people's houses though...our house is another story

Cal, I'd send Lacey to you (my niece that you met at Disneyland) to help with your filing but when she heard that you lived in AZ and not exactly near Anaheim, CA she said she wouldn't do it Sorry you had to go back to work already but at least you love your job, right?

Kempy, where are ya girl? Don't run yourself too ragged.

Dips, where are you hiding? Come out and post

Well, I guess lunch is calling. I had an orange, a piece of string cheese and some crackers for breakfast. Not exactly a balanced meal, but I forgot to bring my cereal and had to eat my snacks I'll try to be back later. Have a good one!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:55 AM   #135  

Good Morning Everyone!

Noelle, I hope you start feeling better soon. I still have a cough from my flu episode a couple of weeks ago and it's sure is bugging me too. People in my office are still sick, I think we just keep passing it around.

I got on the treadmill last night... 2 miles. Nothing great, but I did it. Hannah and I did the Dance Dance Revolution... and it was about 6:30... well, obviously we were too loud, and the people below us started banging on their ceiling... they are gonna have to get over that.... I have kids.. and we are going to play, and we live in a apartment for goodness sakes. It's not like we had the music up loud after 9PM or something.... oh well.. they are new neighbors... and I've been there for over two years now... so they will have to get over it. We only played for like 20 minutes. Geeze.

Anyway... guess I need to get back to work. Tomorrow is my official weigh in... I set my 16 pound goal weight from last Friday's weigh in, however, I may have to add a few pounds to it depending on what the scale shows tomorrow. I've had a slacker week where my exercise is concerned.

Have a great day everyone!

Cherie