Old 03-18-2005, 11:19 AM   #76  

Cherie I am so sorry you got the flu, it is the worst isn't it? I had influenza several years ago and it was terrible and my kiddos had the flu in Feb. I hope your little girls don't get it. That would be the pits. Do you have them this weekend or are they going with Dad so you can rest? Anyway I hope you do get better soon.

Hi Cal, yup we are still getting snow , first day of Spring on Sunday and we are suppose to get to get 5-10 inches today and into tomorrow. Glad you like your cabinets.

Noelle I hope you are enjoying your new kitten. I bet Michael loves it. I know my kids will probally be asking for a pet in couple of years .

Angie I didn't know you don't like fast food hamburgers. I have been making dh go through the drive in at McD's for happy meals. Other wise I would be ordering a Big Mac.

Hi Kempy, Summer and Dips. Everyone have a great day. Be back later!!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 12:02 PM   #77  

Oh Angie I wanted to ask you how did the thing with the Chamber of Congress go and the newspaper? Did they put your pic in the paper? I think that is so neat. What gift did they present you with? Okay I will shut up and stop asking questions !! Btw I didn't remember your house was still on the market. Good luck with the showing. That would be nice to cut the commute down. Bye for now....
Old 03-18-2005, 01:39 PM   #78  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi everyone. I have been so busy cleaning today. I am trying to get all the nooks and crannies that they may look at.

Cherie, You poor girl. I hope you get back to yourself real soon. If I lived closer I would come over and help out for ya.

Cal, I love to organize things. I bet it looks great. Enjoy the next week off.

Kempy, How are you doing this week?

Noelle, a new kitten. Your so lucky. I want a new kitten too but I cant get one since we will be gone so much. My MIL kittens are too cute. She has 2 bobtail ones and they love me and Jay so much when we go there. One has Spinabifida(sp) I know that isnt the right way to spell it. She hops like a bunny.

Julie, well, the guy gave us a 10 pound bag of flour and the newspaper guys made us take so many pictures. They tried to get Jay to go into the kitchen and dump flour all over himself for a "working pic" They were pretty funny. I can not believe I am going to have to look at that now. I am dead serious when I say I am FAT now. There is no hiding it. I look so much bigger than even the birthday pics this summer. The paper is weekly so I will post a link to it when it comes out. They are going to do it again when we open to get shots with the showcase loaded too. FUN FUN

The coofee guy came after the photo thing and he brought so much free stuff. I have tons of coffee signage. He is bringing in a 4 foot sign for the window later. He brought me these gift boxes that he makes and sells on the internet to give away as door prizes or raffles or whatever. They are nice. They sell for 16.95 each so I may try to get some to sell as food items later. They have coffee, tea,hot cocoa,biscotti and Ghiradelli chocolate in them. I think his websight is www.tasteofgoodmornings.com

I will post how the house viewing went tomorrow. I hope they buy it. I love my house but I am ready to move on as well. who knows I could always order the same house for up there.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #79  

Angie, that is so funny about the working pic. I can't wait to see them. Ten bag pound of flour, I thought it was going to be like a little something to hang on your wall. But I am sure you will get lots of use and the flour will be gone before ya know it. My mom is doing the same thing. Clean and more cleaning for open houses. It is stressful. Because people look at everything!!
I went to that website and those gift boxes would be great for your hutches. I could use a hot cup of something to warm up right now. They increased the amount of snow we are suppose to get, by tomorrow night could be 12 inches . Oh well I will look at it as being beautiful and hoping it is the last snowstorm .
Well I have been pretty much OP all week except last weekend and on Monday. I have to tell you about this cake I made for dh on his bd, I got the recipe of FOODTV, Paula Dean's Elvis's Gooey Peanut Butter Cake. Lets just say it was like heaven. It is great for a special occasion because of all that fat and calories but you girls should look it up and try it sometime. Okay I should not be telling you guys to eat cake but it was so darn good.
Check back later sweethearts.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:04 PM   #80  

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I had to pull us up from page 2.
It's so quiet here. I truly was hoping someone was online because I need a shoulder or two to cry on. Not having a good day today. Had to take an anxiety pill to feel better. It did work, some.
Won't be too negative. Last week I went to visit some of the teachers I worked with last year; it was great to see them. Several said I look like I've lost weight. It made me feel great. Also, last night hubby said the same. I guess if he's noticed, then I must have lost some. I go back to the doctor tomorrow, so we'll see.
Ashley spent last night with her best friend; now she's depressed because she missed her friend, Madi. Unfortunately, Madi moved about 7 miles away and they don't see each other as much as they'd like. They went together to see the movie "Ice Princess". She said she loved it.

Hope to see some posts.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:35 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone.... I am feeling soooo much better. I still have a hacking cough that is hanging on, but I am back! I feel like I've lost a week of my life..... everyone in my office got this stuff.. and I gave it to Alan. He is currently sick with it.. not as bad as I was, since I started giving him my medicine the doctor gave me... but still bad enough.

(((Cal))) I hope you are feeling better today. Sorry you had such a rough weekend.

Angie... congrats on the article! I can't wait to read it!

Julie, I hope the snow stops for you soon... It's finally SPRING! :-) we are having some springtime thundershowers, but the trees and flowers are starting to bloom. It was a beautiful weekend, however, we didn't get out because of the flu thing.

Kempy and Noelle.. how was your weekend?

OK.. well, I am back at work. I've got payroll to run this week, so I need to get busy getting caught up. Tonight, I am back on the treadmill... even if it is just for 20 minutes. I did lose weight last week... now it's time to work to keep it off!

Talk to you all later!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:43 AM   #82  

Good Morning Girls

Whats up today everyone?

Cherie glad you are feeling better. I hope Alan gets well soon. I sure hope the girls don't get it!! How is staying OP going? I am doing pretty well. I would love to lose ten pounds by my yearly exam in May. I think 20 minutes on the treadmill would be great. I have not been doing so well with excercise. I worked my you know what off last week and only lost one pound. Except for last Monday when I pigged out on cake, but after that I was strictly OP. Oh well I will take a loss rather than a gain. Btw I am jealous I want to see trees bloom and flowers!! J/K

Oh Cal, hugs honey my heart goes out to you. I know anxiety is a terrible thing to go through. Take it day by day. You always can PM me if you want. I have been there and it is tough thing to go through. And be proud of you for the weight loss. It feels great when someone notices and tells you. I am glad Ashley enjoyed the movie with her girlfriend.

Angie how was the open house? I hope you had a nice and not to crazy of a weekend. I hope the storm we had is not heading your way. It is going to be in the upper thirties so I excpect some melting going on. Haha.

Noelle missed you this weekend. I check in on and off. But didn't post to much. I hope you are having a sunny day .

Kempy how was your weekend? Miss you too babe.

Well I should get off of here and make and effort to get some kind of cardio in. Anyone have any special plans for Easter? We may stay home, go to mom's, mil's, my dad's, I don't know, I can't be everywhere and then the guilt sets in. Oh well I might have to spread it out. The best part is seeing my kids find their baskets and being thankful. Btw our girl scout cookies came. I threw a couple of boxes in the freezer. I just love those things. Well off of here for now. I was up to late last night, after midnight, kind of nauseated and had dh go and get me a diet lemon lime soda. It helped. I don't think I ate enough yesterday and it caught up with me at the end of the day.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:08 PM   #83  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good afternoon girlies!!! It has been sunny and beautiful here for the last few days. So much snow has melted already. It is supposed to hit 50 by the weekend. YEAH!!!

Cherie, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Sorry Alan had to catch it though. Poor guy.

Cal, You can tell us anything. You would never be bothering us. We will try as best we can to make you feel better so vent away. {{{hugs}}}

Julie, Nope the snow is supposed to stay to the south of Maine. YEAH!!! I cant handle another snowstorm right now. Mickey and Rebel have learned how to walk off the deck so we will look and they are out front. Now we have to lock them into the field. Bad dogs!!!

Well, The people came to look at the house. They said I have great decorating talant. They stayed for over an hour checking everything out. My realtor said their realtor called him and said they love the house and I can probably expect them to write up an offer by the end of the week. There is another couple interested he said too and they may come look at it on Friday. This is sad but I went to the manufactured housing dealer where we bought this and talked to the guy. I already have two picked out that I would get if this one sells. One is huge, it has the 2 livingrooms and one is a stepdown. I love them like that. So hopefully I can go pick out a nice piece of land and set up a brand new house again.

I made the carrot cake for the bakery yesterday. (it has to stay frozen to cut it so I made it now) It was so GOOD!!! No wonder I am so big, I just keep baking.

We bought a bunch of vintage postcards from ebay of Greenville and got them blown up and matted and framed to hang up in the bakery. They will look nice when they are up.

Well, I should really get some work done
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #84  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Happy Monday

Hey girls, I had a busy weekend with b-day parties and car shopping . I turned in my little red wagon for a slightly used silver '04 Nissan Murano . We went to the Saturn lot to look at the VUE (their little version of an SUV), and while it is very cute, the fully loaded new model would cost more than this used Nissan. It could not compete with the Murano in their used car lot. The Murano had less than 4K miles on it, full warranty, loaded with all kinds of bells and whistles that I have yet to learn how to use and it has black leather interior. We got it for well under the blue book value, but the part that endeared me the most about it? I think it suits me--short, stubby and with a big, round rear end Here's a pic (not mine, but just a stock photo)
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #85  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Angie, hope you get a great offer from the prospective buyers. That would be neat to be able to get a new home and just redecorate it how you want. I love warm carrot cake w/cream cheese frosting... Enjoy the warmer temps!

Cherie, hey girl, welcome back to the land of the living I hate having that hacking cough. I'm finally starting to get rid of mine--after almost 3 weeks! I just switched from Dayquil to Claritin, dries up the sinus so no post-nasal drip to make you cough. Good stuff! Hope Alan is feeling better soon as well.

Cal, sorry you were having a rough weekend I'm with Angie, anything you want to vent about, go ahead, we're all friends here. I'm sure you lost a bunch of weight if your friends and hubby noticed, how's the pants-o-meter feeling?

Kempy, having a busy day today?

Julie, I was lurking around only briefly during the weekend, mostly using the 'puter to do car research . I missed you guys too. Don't feel too pulled in all directions for Easter, just enjoy it for what it is with the kids, a welcome to spring and the season for renewal. Darn! Now I'm dreaming about that nice honey-glazed spiral ham for Easter

Well, I've got to go and wrangle up some financial docs to get this loan finalized. Be back later. Have a good one ladies.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:05 PM   #86  

Hey Noelle, love that cute car. I think it is very sporty looking. Leather interior, you go girl. You are to funny about how it fits you ! Your a beautiful girl!!

Angie I love carrot cake especially with cream cheese frosting. I have not had one in ages. Those houses sound really nice. I hope you can find a nice piece of land. Wow girl you have so much going on right now. But all positive and exciting!! Fifty by the weekend?? You must have spring fever big time, I should say it is spring but I have the fever ....it will come.

Well girls hello to everyone....I think I am going to try and get to bed earlier tonight. I had some of my favorite suppers tonight....chili of course,lol. We eat it twice a week I swear. Still need that hot soup to warm up. Summer will be here soon and I am sure we will be grilling out more and that means healthier, like chicken fajitias. Okay talk to you later. Have a great night everyone.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:54 PM   #87  

Thank you so much for all the words of comfort. I am feeling much better today. I went to the doctor today for a follow up on my blood sugar. It was down like it should be so the doc isn't worried anymore about diabetes. My bp was up alittle, but I have a bad cold so that's probably the reason. The doc told me I am down 5 lbs. I really can't tell where (although my sister said I lost it between the ears. ; I may have to slap her around a bit ).
I am down only 1 pant size (from a 24 to a 22), but I am very toned so even a couple of pounds lost is very noticable. I guess all those years in high school and college playing tennis and running track have paid off.

My sis in TX called about an hour ago and said they had a tornado. She said the siren went off for over 45 minutes; they had to go to the bathroom because they don't have a storm cellar or basement. She said the sky was really nasty. They are now under a watch until 1am her time. Cherie, I hope the weather isn't too nasty for you.

We've just about got the garage organizing done. Once we organize the closet in the office, I will be able to rest for the remaining time I have off. I am looking forward to going back to school. I look at it this way...the sooner we go back, the sooner summer vacation will be here.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:13 AM   #88  

Good Morning Everyone! Its a misty morning..... nice spring shower I guess. I stepped on the scale this morning... (I have been trying to just weigh on Fridays) and since the first of March, I am down 9 pounds. That made me pretty happy. I know a good chunk of that was lost while I was sick and not eating last week, but I'll still take it and keep working on it.

Angie... you are so busy! Wow... I didn't realize what all was going on in your life! It sounds so exciting! And carrot cake? Hmmmmm YUM.

Noelle.. AWESOME CAR! You will have so much fun... I have seen those and they look great! Congrats!

Cal... we had some storms yesterday, but nothing major. It is that time again... tornado season. My daugthers are fixated that April in Tornado Month and that we WILL have a tornado then. I keep trying to tell them you never know.... but that I will be there to take care of them. Down here you get so much exposure to tornado information on the TV and everywhere you go that it's hard to keep it away from the kiddos.

Julie... the chili sounds great.... I still have a tupperware bowl of chili that I made a week ago this past Sunday. I was wondering last night if it was still good...... I may have some tonight.

OK... time to get busy here at work. Hope you all have a great day.... Mine should be fine, between my ~hack~ ~hack~ coughing Oh, I did get on the treadmill last night and do two miles... so it was easier than expected. Tonight, I'll try to do a little more.... before the Amazing Race comes on. Back to work!

Cherie
Old 03-22-2005, 02:06 PM   #89  

Good Afternoon Girls

Cherie, NINE POUNDS!! I wish I could lose my ten I want to be at. But I have busting my butt since March 15th. I am not going to step on the scale for a week or two. I hate getting on it and then getting discouraged. SO I am going to continue with on program eating and trying to get my excercise in. Yesterday I got at least 20 minutes of cardio. I think the chili still may be good, heck with all those spices I think it will kill anything bad in it . It seems like you and I are real Chili Lovers. I can't go a week without it.

Cal good for you being down five pounds. Thats great. And I am glad you do not have diabetes. What a relief. Your sister sounds funny, between the ears, never heard that one before .

Noelle AI tonight. Are you going to watch? I watch now only for Bo. He just seems like he would be a good friend and very "real person".

Kempy how the heck are you honey? Miss ya.

Well I should go. Kids are fed their lunches and ds is now home from school. So I had a healthy lunch and now it is going to be trying to work in some excercise between kiddo errands. I am going to try like **** to stay on this track I am on now to see if it helps my pms in the futrure. Well check in later. Angie btw ever since you mentioned that carrot cake I am having a big time craving for it!! Whats for dinner everyone? I might have low carb wraps tonight or low carb enchildas. Not sure yet. Hi everybody!!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 02:58 PM   #90  

Julie... you are doing a great job.. just keep it up and you will see results. I have lost 9 pounds since the first of the month, however, remember, last week I was sick, and lost 4.5 pounds that week. I am going to try to keep them off... but I am aware that it could just be sick weight, and that it will come back. I tried last week to keep drinking my water if nothing else, because I didn't want to get dehydrated and lose water weight.. so we will see! I think what is really helping me this go around is my calorie counting. Before I would eat was I thought was healthy.... but now I realize I was over eating even then... so this month, I've been sticking to the 1300 calorie a day diet, and it seems to be working great. I'll let you know what my official weigh in is this Friday. I would love to be down one more pound and hit my first goal of 10 pounds.

Where is everyone today?

I just won an auction off ebay for a PS2 game and the dance pads that go with it. Its the Dance Dance Revolution game. I figured this would be a fun way to get some exercise in and I can do it with my daughter, Hannah, who needs to slim down some too... I don't want her to be overweight her whole life, so hopefully this will help. She didn't used to have a problem until she went to live with her Dad for a year.... about two years ago.. he didn't cook, and all they ever ate was fast food... and she gain a huge stomach. I've been working slowly on it ever since.. but she is too much like me and loves her sweet candy and chocolate... and not so healthy food. Anyway... I can't wait for this to come in so she and I can do something fun together that involves exercise. Once it gets warmer, we will be going to swim and ride bikes.. so I plan on her getting plenty of exercise this summer.

OK.. back to work now!

Cherie