Old 03-04-2005, 11:17 AM   #16  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

Talking Nestle's CRUNCH

hey, the name of the bar is actually Nestle's crunch. It is basically chocolate covered rice crispies. its good. I am from Cambridge Ontario. we drive through simcoe all the time on our way to long point, or to see the lights around christmas! The thing for me about giving in and having that one piece of real chocolate, is i cant stop myself. I have will power for certain things, my chocolate is seriously my killer. It controls me once i get the taste. Now, i was craving chocolate and peanutbutter. so i did have my hot chocolate with my peanutbutter sandwich with it because i was craving it. I go to this club called Slimmin Wimmin. It's like a weight watchers, but 1000 times cheaper!!! we have a guideline of how much food we can eat, but we dont exercise. I started this club in mid september 2004 and i was 229, now i am 197.5 ( i went to cuba and gained 4.5#, i was down to 196 ) i have to admit, i dont exercise a whole lot and the last couple of weeks i've been steadily losing .5# a week. but in my defence, i have an 8 month old daughter here, so i dont do an exercise work out, but BELIEVE ME i dont sit around all day either!! i have found that i eat when im bored, i eat when im excited, i eat when im upset, i eat when im(fill in the blank) i LOVE food. to me, i would rather come home and cook steak and potatoes or whatever than go for a hamburger. I have also come to the realization that when i eat any type of starch (potato, bread, corn,mr. noodles) i gain weight. If anyone is interested in the basics of what my program allows for eating let me know and i'll go a little more into detail. Good luck you all. and i propose we let eachother know on a weekly basis how we did. I will be posting Monday night after weigh ins. I dont know how to use this very well yet, but im sure we could set something up for a site. i'll set it up as soon as i find out who's in! ciao
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 02:58 PM   #17  

For me, its fat. Fried anything, butter, marg, also the fatty dairy - ice cream etc. goes straight to my seat. sigh...
Charlotte2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #18  

Hi girls! I read your posts from the beginning and found myself having a lot in common with you except for the chocolate cravings but at times I know I could trade my husbad for one lousy potatoe (and I like him) I am in Toronto and love the simcoe area in the spring and fall.

I am a definate grease and carb lover. I could never have a sweet again and would not miss it but life with gravy is just not worth living. Until now that is. Since Christmas I have been really bad with diet and exercise and this after losing the first 45 pounds! With another 25 to go I am ready to start anew, might even change my start weight so I don't always think to myself that gee I have done good, I have lost 45 pounds I can relax for a while. Maybe if I change it to what my current weight is it will motivate me.

I am doing the walk away the pounds dvd's as well (ok on Monday I am going to start doing them again) and starting Oprah's boot camp. I never thought she lost alot until you see people like Jessica Simson and Halle Berry stand beside her and she looks about the same size and I always thought they were tiny. I am sooooo proud of her and want to be just as proud as me.

To lose the first 45 I did low carb, low fat and drank tons of water. I exercised periodically and wished I had done more. If I elimate carbs I lose weight. You would think that since I know how I would have continued, but noooooo Christmas came and the gift I have given to myself is five pounds back.

I love that we are from Canada and hope you don't mind that I jumped in so late.

Take Care
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:23 PM   #19  
Jellybeanz

Wink welcome trixi

HI!!! dont mind you jumping in. I think we are becoming eachothers "fat" supporters. and thats so COOL!!! i did bad this weekend. Had a show i D.J'd so i got home around 2am and had a whopper from BK...but MAN WAS IT GOOOD!!! we'll see how my weigh in's go on monday..im going to start the walk away the pounds on monday, again. and im aiming for 3 times a week......THREEEE...keep telling myself...THREEE great to hear you lost alot before, so did i, but slowly gained it back, but i vow, not this time!!
Old 03-06-2005, 10:37 AM   #20  

With spring just around the corner I want to greet it with a smile and be proud that I am working on me again. I have eaten everything I could get my hands on this weekend and vow it will be the last for at least 12 weeks and hopefully by then I won't be craving. My goal for March is to lose 7 pounds and get use to exercising 6 days a week. 3 at Curves and 3 doing the WATP's dvd's. I had worked my way up to the 3 mile but think I will start out with the 2 mile since it has been so long since I did it.

I am going to create a 12 week journal and plan meals, weigh myself only once a week (I step on that scale everyday) and log my water in take.

My father's memorial is today and I am going to see relatives I have not seen for years and I am kind of nervous. I don't want them to think I let myself go (even though I have) me and my dad have had a rocky relationship since childhood and I made a decision that to be away from him was emotionally healthy for me and so I had not seen him in awhile. I did not think his death would effect me as much as it has, but I guess that this point we all think of the good stuff and forget the years of torment. For me I always thought that if he was still alive there was always the chance that he would try to make amends and now that's not possible. Hopefully today will put closure on things and I will be able to forgive and move on. Sorry for the depressing note there.

Anyway it's going to take hours to create my journal and so I am off for now! Take Care.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #21  
Jellybeanz

Thumbs up

alright everyone, i have started a journal *sigh*, my name is jellybeanz there as well, it's not that hard really. and i've added a few of you to my buddy list, so if you start a journal, let me know, so i can check up on how y'all are doin!! good luck all, i'll post tomorrow about my success!!!!! after weigh ins.

PS. and i've subscribed to this thread so i get messages about who's replying and i want to do the same, subscribe to your journal so i know what's goin on when you guys post. talk later!
Old 03-07-2005, 07:54 AM   #22  

Trixi
Sorry to hear about your dad, these things are always very hard. Although its easier to say than do, try not to get caught up in what the relatives think - they don't live in your shoes.

I also was BAD this weekend - lemon squares and ice cream and popcorn and steak and...
I usually do reasonably well all week, and then lose it on the weekends. SIGH...
Old 03-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #23  
Fit by Forty

Smile Bad weekend

Like Trixi...I too ate everything I could get my hands on! And I was doing so good! I walked 5 times last week for 30-35 min. I think I thought that hey....I can eat that bag of chips because I can walk off the calories tomorrow. Well, the one good thing that came from having a bad weekend was that when I got on the scales this morning, there was no gain...but there wasn't no loss either.
So I'm back at it again today. Cept I didn't get my walk in today. Will walk tomorrow thru saturday.

Trixi--How did you manage yesterday with your Father's memorial?
I too am a carb addict. That is why I'm doing Oprah's boot camp. I'm trying to not eat any pototes, pasta, rice or bread. And if I do choose to eat any of those, I will eat whole wheat version. I'm into my 4th week of the boot camp and have lost 5 lbs so far. I mostly live on salads with the little clover leaf cans of tuna you can get in the stores. I love the lemon and pepper and the lemon and dill variety. If I'm home for dinner then I'll have some protien...and lots of veggies while I make my family pototes or pasta. For breakfast I'll have half a grapefruit...maybe some scrambled eggs with salsa, or a bowl of the new special k vanilla and almonds. For snacks...I live on grapes like you wouldn't believe. And Fat Free yogurt. I do poorly with the water though. When the warmer weather comes around I don't really have a problem drinking it.

Jellybeanz--I think I'm going to start a journal too. I have a recipe some where for frozen chocolate peanut butter cups. They were to die for. I'll look it up and post the recipes for you.

Charlotte--I too tend to not do well on the weekends. Maybe I'll be able to do better this weekend coming up.

Well I'm off to check out some other threads. I'll chat with you all later.
krazykellyontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:33 PM   #24  
Jellybeanz

Angry WTF...not a good weigh in

chocolate peanutbutter cups...excuse me while i wipe the drool off my keyboard!!!

well ladies....im sad to report that i am up 2 pounds this week..WTF!!! I was so disgusted with myself that i didnt even stay for the meeting at my fat club. luckily when i got home, my husband had my chicken breast sandwich and a salad already made, so i ate that instead of getting into cookies or whatever. I know i didnt do the best last week for food consumption, but still, i didnt think i did THAT bad either. so, new week, new goals. I just feel really down right now....i didnt do my WATP video today, because i was at mcmaster hospital and did some speed walking around the hospital for about 15 mins, so i did get a work out. But, im still going to do the video three times a week, so i have to do it tomorrow. I've never been this disgusted with myself. I only had a goal of 1/2 a frickin pound this week, and im UP TWO!!! encouragement...encouragement.......

Last edited by jellybeanz; 03-07-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:11 PM   #25  

Hey ladies,

Yesterday the memorial was quick and quaint. Which is how I wanted it. Everyone looked the same and they had tons of pictures with me and my dad when I was younger. Everyone was really nice.

Today was day one for me and I have stayed OP alllllll day long. Yea me! I have yet to buy a journal but will do it tomorrow during lunch. I brought my lunch and am eating dinner right now and with that no food for three hours before bedtime I am going to have to stay awake in 11 at least. Dinner is tasty.

Kelly it was great chatting with you today, hope to do it again. I went to curves after work and even though I had been away for a month it was not too bad. Feeling pretty relaxed now.

Jellybeanz I am so sorry that the scale was not your friend this week, we got to keep at it and next week will probably be different, hey tomorrow might be different. I have weighed in one day and the next there was a five pound difference. Look at the big picture and you will feel better. You have lost 30 pounds so far and that is amazing and you know you can do it. Dont let it get you down ok? Big hugs.

Charlotte, weekends are definately a killer for me as well. We got to try and remember "there are no weekends in dieting" Maybe we should make at the begininng of the week a goal we want to achieve on the weekend non food related and hopefully it will distract us. This weekend I want to clean my fridge cause it is really gross and will probalbly take the whole weekend. It might even help curb my appetite cause I dont know what I am going to find in there. lol.

Take care ladies.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #26  
Fit by Forty

Default Good morning ladies

I just got back in from my 50 min walk in this freezing cold! I tell ya...I can't wait till the warm weather gets here! This is nuts.
Well after having a bad weekend and then devoting myself to starting anew....well lets just say it go as I had planned. Hubby came home from work yesterday miserable and stressed from his job and that it's possible he might be out of a job at the end of march. So then I got miserable and stressed and went looking in the kitchen for anything to eat. I didn't exercise yesterday either and I felt like crap because of it. So today, I got up bright and early, had my breakfast, waited until dd was of to school and then I headed out the door for my walk. So far so good.

Jellybeanz--I looked for the recipe and I haven't found it yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post it for you. Sorry to hear about your gain, you'll just have to buckle down this week and work a bit harder to lose it for next week. Just like the song says...."if at first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and dust yourself off again"

Trixi--Congrats on staying op yesterday. Alot of people doing Oprah's boot camp says that week 2 is the hardest. I found week 3 to be for me. Just a heads up on what you might expect. I really enjoyed chatting with you yesterday. Looking forward to doing again. LOL Good luck with cleaning out your fridge this weekend.

Well, I'm off to check out a couple of more threads before I head out and run my errands. I'll check back in here later. Have a great morning!
krazykellyontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:05 PM   #27  
Jellybeanz

ok ladies!!! happyto report im in good spirits today, i've vacuumed, did laundry did my WATP 15 min video!!!!!! wooohoo I have already started my dinner for tonight, a beef dish with curry and oranges, and whole wheat rice. I weighed my portions, seperated my meat and ingredients for my portion of dinner to cook, from my husbands. I've munched on veggies as my tummy growels. I had an apple for breakfast and i've drank about 1.5L of water today. im gonna get it this week!! IM GOING TO!!! and i've got my meal planned for tomorrow. But i have to go buy an eggplant for it, has anyone ever had egg plant? is it any good?? taste? anyway, thought i'd post while my rug rat is napping. thanks for the words of encouragement ladies.

trixie: glad you got through everything ok. Im very proud of you getting through it without a melt down. You can create a journal on here, under the journal tab, you dont have to go buy one. Weighing yourself once a week is better pyschologically i think, because we fluctuate so much from day to day, And with your suggestion of getting something done this weekend to occupy us, my goal is going to be washing my kitchen floor. I have to get down on my hands and knees to get it really clean, stupid linoleum!! so that's my goal. oh, and to not pick at the food im serving at work on the weekend. I work in a nursing home as a cook/server. for only 11 hours every second weekend.

KrazyKelly: your name suits you perfect!! You went walking in this weather!!!! good lord and it's probably best you cant find that recipe just yet, im gettin toward aunt flow visiting, and if i have the recipe i foresee a baddd outcome!!! Im sorry to hear about your husbands job, it's stressful, i've been there. Keep yourself motivated, eating isnt going to change your situation, and will stress you out even more.

Charlotte: the weekends is where i blow it too. I dont have my meals planned for the weekends, and we grab whatever, whenever. and we usually go out on sundays to eat, and as i said before, i have trouble paying 8 bucks for a frickin salad!
Old 03-08-2005, 04:35 PM   #28  

I hear you on the weather - I want spring already!
Eggplant - alone it tastes like slime, but it picks up flavors from other things, so in some recepies, it is really good. Just make sure that if the recepie says to peel it - you do! Skipping this little step can make for icky textures.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:13 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 340/332/200

Height: 5 foot 7

I every one... newbie here. I too live in the great white north. i live in a little village 2 hours north of toronto. It is nice to know that there are other canadians here and that its not just me... i get soooo jellouse when some of the other ladies talk about thier warm weather ... but i guess we can't be snowed in for ever ...... right.......... right??????
hugemomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:07 PM   #30  

Holy moly it was cold today! I swear I backed up into January! Day two was a killer,got so stressed out. work sucks right now cause the lawyer has decided he needs to be in everyone business when usually he' okay with us makng the money and doing the work and every once in awhile he signs something.

I got up this morning at 5:30 am (use to waking up at 7) exercised, traveled the hour to work, worked 9 hours, went grocery shopping, put the laundry away, cleaned the kitchen, thank the good lord that my sister (she lives in my building) fed my daughter today (she is a beautiful 11 year old) or I would have simply died. But got all my water in and I am glad today is over. I was bad and skipped dinner, only because I got home at 8:30 and don't want to stay up for another 3 hours after that. Oh well, I will have a good breakfast tomorrow. So as far as day two goes, I made it.

Welcome hugemomof5! (only liking to call you that cause of the size of your family) I hate it when people talk about how balmy it is when I am freezing. Maybe in the summer when we are dying in the city we can come out there and lay around. What are the ages of your children? Tell us more!

Jellybeanz, way to go on not letting it get you down and getting back on track. Like Charlotte I am not a fan of eggplant alone, but as an additive I can handle it. Have no idea how to prepare it though. Because I am doing the no carb thing right now, your dinner sounded fantasic. My mouth watered. BTW thank you for the kinds words.

Kelly, week 2? sounds really far away, day 2 was bad enough, sorry to hear that things are stressful for you right now. hope it looks up and the lay off does not happen. Is he is a profession that it happens quite often? My hubby is in sheetmetal and they have there ups and downs as well. When he's working it's great pay but when he is not it's hard. Not only the money but then I have to deal with him not feeling productive.

My weekend is actually going to be pretty busy, taking my daughter and her friend for a manicure and pedicure on Sat (we have girls day out every so often) and Sun it's the fridge, took a gander today and it's pretty evil in there, I think I heard something talking to me.

well ladies it's time for me to go beddybyes.

Hope you all wake up tomorrow full of inspiration and empty of sorrow.

Dale