Old 04-14-2005, 04:58 PM   #76  

I'm back... and depressed about my weight still. I have to get more serious about cutting back on calories. Wishful thinking is not enough! At least the weather is getting better, so more opportunities to do stuff outside on weekends, although I also have to get caught up with my school work, which I am way behind on from having been outside for a couple of hours last weekend when I was supposed to be researching an essay. Although, tomorrow I am giving blood, and I figure the cookies that you get from Blood Services are calorie free, on account of needing to replace lost calories from donating. (Although, this kind of logic might be why my weight isnt moving!)
Charlotte2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:41 PM   #77  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

hey all, weigh ins tonight went well, the scale was my friend. i am down 3.5#!!!! seems my rut may finally be over, just hope i can keep it going. I ate a ton of cookies lastnight. But tonight's weigh in gave me a little extra motivation! I bought a weight watchers scale, which does the BMI as well. It weighed me at .5# less than my club and my BMI was pretty close to what they said at club as well. so it was in my opinion, worth the 70 bucks!

Charolette: It's hard to be motivated lately, for alot of people. Dont know if it's the weather change or what!!!! Dont expect to lose your weight reallllly fast, you only have 17# to go, i've heard it's harder to lose weight when you are that close to your goal. Leave the cookies in the cupboard, and i'll do the same!!
Good luck this week!
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:19 PM   #78  
Jellybeanz

Red face Didnt quite make the goal for april

Hi all, I had weigh ins tonight, It's a bitter sweet result. I lost half a pound but i was short of my goal to get my #35 ribbon by half a pound So, i guess at least i wasnt up half a pound!!! My new goal is to get my #40 ribbon by the end of march, which means a 5.5# weight loss for the month. I am trying to stay on track, watching the foods im eating, and trying to do more activities. With the summer I am hoping for more walks. Wondering how you ladies are doing. Seems we arent as tight of a support group as when I first started this thread. It's really too bad. Good luck to you all.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:58 PM   #79  
Jellybeanz

Smile

Well tonight I had my weekly weigh in. I lost #1.5, and finally got my #35 ribbon!! yay!!! Now I have to lose another 4# to get my #40 ribbon by the end of May, at 4 weeks left to weigh ins, I know i can do it!!! I've been on track, but still had a treat here and there. I still think investing in my weight watchers scale was the best thing i ever did!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 02:12 PM   #80  

Default New here!

Hi everyone,

I just joined 3FC yesterday and this am (yes, it's still morning in my part of Canada) found this thread. I'm trying to lose weight after pregnancies -before my first dd I was 165, at full-term I was 191 and never lost it. I was so sick for the 1st 5 months with my 2nd dd that I was still 191 full-term. She is now 11 1/2 mths and I've only dropped a few #.

I'm back to work at the end of this month (you gotta love the 1 yr mat leave) and am worried that I will stop my daily walks once back behind a desk. Plus my co-workers are foodies too, but they have self-control. Also, there are a bakery, deli, and fast food places in our mall. Being home means having to take a long walk or drive to get junk to eat.

I've been lucky that BC has had good weather and have been walking my dd1 to and from daycare 3x a week since Feb. That's pushing dd1 35#, dd2 20# in a stroller for minimum 15 mins each way. But I use the exercise as an excuse to eat crap. Wed I ate 2, yes 2, Mars bars before noon! Normally if I have chocolate in the house, it's in the freezer but I've discovered that Caramilk bars are yummy frozen.

I'm so glad I found you guys. All the posts are from "back East", any other Westerners lurking out there?

Take care,
elainadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #81  
Jellybeanz

hey all, welcome Elaine!!! nice to find another Canadian who has joined. I really dont know what happened to our other fellow Canadians.
I had my weigh ins lastnight, I was down .5#, better than being up i guess!!! now i'm 3.5# from my 40# ribbon. I sooo hope I get it by the end of the month. I've been pretty good. I had a piece of chocolate cake lastnight. I have a daughter who will be 1 in June, and I have had to work really hard to lose the weight. But I am determined!! noone can put food in your mouth YOU (ME) are the reason we are fat...that's the bottom line. remember that. Good luck, keep on the wagon!!! it's sooo worth it when you get there.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:01 AM   #82  

Hey, I'm one of the guilty ones who havn't posted in a while... In my case, its depression since I havn't lost a single pound. Sure, I have great intentions, but then stuff happens (usually time related) and I end up eating whatever happens to be around, which is not good. [I really can't stomach raw fruit and veggies, and do I get organized enough to have cooked fruit and veg on hand? No.]
But. Today is another day, and so far, I've been very good. [Of course, its only 8 am!]
Old 05-17-2005, 12:25 PM   #83  

Unhappy Food prep

Ugh, I know what you mean about having prepared stuff on hand. I can handle raw stuff but HATE the prep work soooo much. Although I try to buy ready prepped stuff, it's still seems easier to eat "other" things. Now that my dd is 3, she wants whatever I'm eating and her little sister (1 tomorrow!) wants what she has, so I have been trying to set a good example.

Today is a good day so far. Not even 9:30 and I've walked for 35 mins already. Both of my dd are in daycare today and true to my promise to myself, I walked them there - that's over 55 lbs in the double stroller!

Well, must go shower and then it's off to the polls as it's election day here in BC. OK, I'm having coffee before I help decide the fate of the province.

Take care and don't despair ,

Elaine
elainadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:53 AM   #84  

Hello! I'm hopping in here. Hope there is room for one more! I was drawn to this thread by 2 of my favourite C words: Canada and Chocolate! Along with Cake, Chips, Cheese, ... need I go on? Ha ha ha ha.
KristinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #85  
Jellybeanz

Talking

Hello all, i had my weigh in last night...holy crap i was up THREE pounds!!! but i did have a good two weeks gaining it, and i had lost for 8 weeks previous. Today im back on the wagon and determined to lose the weight i have to. I AM going to get my #40 ribbon by the end of June, it just sucks because i was only 1# away from it, and i went and ate what i wanted (well, not everything) and i gained. But surprisingly, Im not depressed. i've come to the realization my weight is going to go up and down, and for the most part I try to stay on track, and that odd week that i go camping or have TWO birthday parties and i eat like a horse, im not going to feel guilty!! instead im proud of the 35+ that ive lost since starting at slimmin wimmin (it's actually 52# total) and im happy with me. Im happy with who I am, and most of all, Im happy that I know this week I will do whatever I can to make sure I do not gain, instead of eating cookies to drown my sorrow over gaining.

Hi Spanky, glad to have you. good luck with the weight loss, I used to LOVE chocolate, but now..if i eat a couple of pieces of a chocolate bar, im done, it's too sweet. and i NEVER thought i would get to that point. Congratulations on your huge weight loss so far!! keep up the wonderful work.

I hope the rest of you ladies in your silence are not feeling defeated. You joined this forum for support and I joined looking for support, and that's what we need to do!! it only takes 10 mins of your time to update us and let us know what you are struggling with so that we can help one another with ideas to get us through those cravings!!
Old 06-17-2005, 09:02 AM   #86  

Ok, so I'm eating a chocolate bar for breakfast. How bad is that? Sure, I have all kinds of excuses, but the bottom line is - I wanted it. Sigh.
Aside from lousy eating habits, my scale is giving me greif - If I weight myself three times, I get three different readings. Since its impossible to gain 10lbs in 3 minutes, I'm thinking something is wrong with it. I'm tempted to just chuck it out and measure myself using pant sizes, [more healthy approach] but it takes SOOO long to lose a pant size, is that a doomed to fail strategy?
Old 06-17-2005, 09:16 AM   #87  

Exclamation Eating Healthy For Life

Hi all;

The scale is moving slowly, but I will get there . I just ordered the Project You by Kathy Smith, I already have slim in 6 and walk away the pounds, it get sooooooooo boring doing the same old exercises over and over-plus you keep working the same areas .
Slim in 6 is up for a heating healthy challenge and it starts today for me, no cheating what so ever and I am going to achieve that challenge , it will lead to successful results.

Sandy
Sandy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:04 PM   #88  
Jellybeanz

ok, well, i vowed today would be day one of my no sweets whatsover...i go to work...they bring around frozen yogurt cones, like an ice cream cone except with yogurt. I work in a place that supplies restaurants with food. I work in the office and we get treats quite often. so that's fine, i have not ONE...but TWO..then i decide hey, im going to go for dinner, for chinese food, and i ate almost 3 plate fulls of deep fried chicken fingers with plumb sauce...because i was craving it. I think it's because im close to the end of my birth control pills this cycle. I got my 40# ribbon on monday and since then i cant stop eating!!!! anyway...tomorrow, im on track. that's it.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #89  

So, I'm back - not actually sure what I weigh now, because I havn't replaced my wonky scale. But, since my pants aren't sliding down & I'm still doing up my bra at the same clip, well, I'm going to have to assume that I havn't lost anything. On the plus side, since I'm still wearing the same clothes, I guess I havn't gained a huge amount either! Which I suppose is pretty good, since I havn't been "dieting" in the hard core, calorie counting sense of the word - just trying to avoid stuff with lots of fat.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:58 PM   #90  
A Happy Canuk Chiky

Smile Newbie Canadian

HEHEHEHE I like that Charlot2. I like that way of measuring too. My scale is caputs and I figure I may be better with out it. I live in Barrie Ontario and 46 single with two teenagers one at home with me. And doing the struggle as well only this time I have health reasons to contend with sugars and low iron. I'm giving the GI diet a kick and hopefully get the portion thing under control which has been a problem. I have been doing alot of walking for exercise except lately been too hot even at 6am. I used to do tapes but can't seem to get myself motivated, I even have a walking tape for indoors which I will try as it's too hot to walk right now (excuse I know but have to work on the motivation for sure)

This seems like a pretty good site and look forward to posting etc

Have a great day
chiky1959 is offline   Reply With Quote