Old 02-15-2005, 01:38 AM   #16  

TUESDAY: No target topic this week.

I started coughing around noon and have been at it ever since so I am not feeling well. Took some meds and hope they will help to stop the cough and put me to sleep. I will check later on tomorrow and see how everyone is doing

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:11 AM   #17  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 4 points on Sunday, but only 2 yesterday. Again, I went over my calories, but in a controlled way with no binges. I found myself in the pizza ailse of the supermarket but am pleased with myself that I chose a low fat, low calorie pizza, instead of the 12 inch mushroom, garlic butter and triple cheese! Now that is discipline!

I got loads of exercise yesterday - I walked to counselling, and walked really fast as I thought I was going to be late - that took 30 mins, then after counselling I walked to the doctors, and then the supermarket which took about 35 minutes. I was walking really fast and had a really good rhythm going, I really enjoyed it. I'm definately getting fitter which is great and my calves are really toning up.

FAYE - Sorry you are ill today - hope you feel better soon! You've been ill alot lately - maybe you need a check up?

NIKKI - Glad you enjoyed your weekend with your friends! Any romance on the horizon for you? I saw a programme on TV last week called 'America's fattest city' - where a British documentary maker was in Houston. There were so many 'all you can eat' places and fast food outlets everywhere and they followed this guy who was a champion eater!

CARRI - Glad you enjoyed your valentines day - mine was a washout and involved a HUGE row, a torn up card and lots of tears! We are okay now I think!

JULIE / SANDY - Hi! I guess you aren't able to get to the computer because you are still opening all your valentines cards!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:46 AM   #18  

Morning everyone...

I didn't get in here yesterday cuz I felt like crap. Not sick, just stressed out and over eating like crazy. I told you gals all this nice spring weather would end up backfiring on me, right....Well after a 2 day blizzard that dropped 24" of snow on us, 4 days of being stuck in the house with the kids, and now it's sleet/freezing rain and just YUCK. I'm obsessing about the writing, my spring fever is gone and I'm eating wayyyy too much, not even exercising. I just feel terrible.

The worst part is I have several dance shows coming up and I so wanted to be a little thinner by then. I just can't figure out why I'm having such a hard time now, when it was so easy before.....Oh well, I'll just keep on keepin' on.

Amanda, you are my inspiration, babe! Keep up your fabulous work...I'm so proud of you. I hope you and Nigel are okay now. Must suck to fight on VD (Nikki, that was a hilarious comment!)

Carrie, what is it with us lately????? You know it's gonna come down to exercise for the two of us.

I think weighing once a month is really going to be more healthy for all of us. We've been at this for so long, that we go crazy over every few ounces one way or the other. That's not right. Maybe we should do inches lost, too....just for variety.

I gotta get going, it's really slippery out and our stupid school is like the ONLY one that's not on a 2 hour delay or cancelled. Gonna have to drive 10mph.

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:00 PM   #19  

Hey girls!
Well, I have to say, my VDay wasn't nearly as horrible as I had anticipated. I spent most of the day with my buddy Nick. He has always got somekind of project going, so we fixed this old gokart he bought, well more like I watched him fix it. Then we went out to eat, and met up with Kiel, Chris, and Matthew to ride the gokart around. It was nice to see Matt, I hardly ever get to anymore and we were like best friends at this time last year. All in all it was a good time.

Faye-Sorry to hear you are under the weather...I have had a cough the last few days myself. No good.

Julie-Glad you enjoyed my VD comment, I was hoping it would get a laugh. Being stressed and couped up for days can really frazzle a person, while the kids are back in school, maybe you should do somethign for yourself to help you unwind.

Amanda-Great job on all the excersice! I don't think there is really any romance on the horizon for me. Im in this stupid state where I still want an ex but dont really have a reason to want him. Probably just because noone better has really come along to shift my attention. With most of the guys I hang out with have their designated significant others...though most of the time the girls arent hanging around when I am there so we all just flirt shamelessly with eachother. Its all just jokes and fun though. I think Houston has been the fattest city for 3 or 4 years now...you know what they say, everything is bigger in Texas, including people and portion sizes. Its so hard to avoid eating...you go to the clubs or parties and once they die out there is nothing else to do but hit up a restaurant because there are tons of 24 hour places and its the best place to sober up. Whatever you could possibly want, you can get for the right price.

Sandy and Carri-Hope yall are doing well!

I gotta get outta here
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:02 PM   #20  
It is what it is...

Hi All, was able to stick to program yesterday even though I was starving, in a foul mood, and suffering from some nasty pms, which I still have today, boy am I in a nasty mood I just so want to stay OP for like 2 weeks straight to know that I can do this again, I used to stay strictly OP for like months at a time I do not know what happened but am resolved to get back there.

Faye - Hope you are feeling better soon, nothing worse than a bad cough to take away your energy.

Julie - I do not know what is up with us lately, I think the holidays just really through me for a loop and I just cant seem to get back on and stay on...I think the weighing only monthly will help though, I think we get too discouraged by doing it weekly...I cannot believe that you got that much snow, that is crazy, you must have cabin fever - do not let it get you down -
your attitude always insprires me, we will get back into the swing of things soon!!

Amanda - Sorry to hear about your VDay, although believe me I have had many of those in my time with dh...but you love eachother and you move on...great job on all of your exercising yesterday, you are doing so well!!!!

Nikki - I would be sooooooooo much fatter if I lived in TX, I LOVE bbq anything and also love mexican food...oh that is making my mouth water

Well talk to you all later, have a good one!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:16 AM   #21  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Gripe time girls!

Amanda

I am still pretty under the weather. I agree, Amanda, I have had a lot of sickness the last couple months. This popped up right after doing cleaning and I think it is a combination of inhaling some cleaning stuff and dust etc. I have no chest congestion, just coughing and I have a fever and terrible headaches and sore ribs from coughing.

We will get past this rough spot girls. We want to do this so we will. Everyone hang tough

Faye
Old 02-16-2005, 09:17 AM   #22  

Good morning girls,

No gripes today, so far My mood brightened yesterday when the sun came out and I got an email from another NYC agent who wanted to look at my book! Keep those prayers comin' ladies

I ended up with 4 points, despite my grumpiness. I danced for an hour and ate well. Today I've already done an hour of pilates, and I have class tonight. So, I should be fine.

Faye, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Carrie, way to go on staying op!

Got lots to do today, so everyone have a day!

TTFN,
Julie
Old 02-16-2005, 09:55 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Hey everyone.

I am back from the land of the lost. Life has been so busy. I just dont see how ppl get so bogged down. Between both jobs and Corey it is so hard. Then there other things that pop up.. Sounds as if everyone has been doing great. Don't have time ind. replies at work and must get moving just wanted to check in.

Later.
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:51 PM   #24  
It is what it is...

Hello all, I do have a Weds woe and it is just trying to stay OP and not be so hungry, I have been watching how well my dh does on low carb ( he does not go as low as Atkins, but keeps his carbs at about 50 a day ), he is never hungry, gets to eat all these great foods and again - is NEVER hungry...that seems to be a big issue for me...I love WW but I may try his low carb ways for a while, I am not sure...okay enough of my babbling...I am sure tomorrow I will feel totally different, I am having a rough week, big woe PMS and TOM tomorrow of Friday, ugh

Faye - Sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well, take care !!!

Julie - I am so excited that you are getting bites on your book, I cannot wait to buy a copy when it comes out!!

Gigglez - Good to hear from you - have a great day!!

Amanda and Nikki - Hi !!!

Take care, gotta get back to work!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 01:47 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Carri, hope that you can handle the low carb diet. I have tried many and they all make me sick. I think that it is the type of foods that you are having on this diet. As for the woe about OP I am right there with you girl.

Work is calling.
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:43 PM   #26  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - had a lovely swim and walk. I am feeling really bright at the moment - don't know why as my period STILL hasn't come, so technically I am still in PMS mode! I am really beginning to feel the benefits of my diet and exercise - this is probably the longest that I have stayed on track, and the increased exercise is giving me so much energy! Today, I walked to the supermarket - I don't know how far away it is (I'm terrible with distances), but I usually get a taxi there. I thought it might take me an hour to walk it, but I went door to door in 35 minutes and I wasn't puffed out at all!

Me and Nige are completely fine now after our 'valentines day massacre' We've decided not to celebrate VD anymore as it's more trouble than it's worth!

FAYE - Hope your cough clears up soon - maybe you did inhale something noxious that has irritated your lungs orr throat, it can happen. See I knew cleaning was dangerous!

JULIE - Thanks for saying I am your inspiration! That made my day! I know you will be back on track as soon as the weather stabilises - spring is just around the corner! I am so pleased you have had more interest in your book - it must be good!

CARRI - PMS is always when I feel most hungry. I read somewhere that you need an extra 200 calories during our TOM. Changing your plan can be a good thing as it keeps you interested and motivated. I know that low carb diets work, but I just can't give up my carbs!! I've agonised about it, but know that I just will not be able to stick to a low carb diet in the long term. My compromise is to cut back my carbs, especially with my evening meal.

NIKKI - Glad you had a great time with your guy friends. I used to hang around with guys alot when I was younger and really enjoyed their humour. Sorry you are still hung up on your ex - be strong and remember why you split up in the first place.

SANDY G - Sorry you are so busy hon, when's the day at the spa???

Oh yes, I agree with monthly weighing AND measuring - I'm doing both.

Love Amanda x
Old 02-17-2005, 07:29 AM   #27  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so make a little time for each of you today!

Julie
Amanda

Well, looks like I have a sinus infection. I had to sleep sitting up as every time I laid down I would start coughing violently. I guess it was a combo of allerigies I have and other stuff that caused the problem. I am still pretty sick today, but sooner or later it will go away.

Everyone hang in there and try their best

Faye
Old 02-17-2005, 09:48 AM   #28  

Hi ladies,
Just a quick post this morning. I got 4 points yesterday. I'm feeling pretty good right now. It's sunny again, almost all the snow from our blizzard is GONE...but we're supposed to get more over the weekend. That's how it is here in pre-spring. Snow one day, 40's the next.

Carrie, you used to say that you were never hungry on WW....what happened? I know that if you eat sugar and refined/processed foods, you can feel hungrier...also if you don't get enough fats. Before heading down the low carb highway, I would analyze what you're eating, how much, what time, etc. You did so well before and low carb diets aren't the best for you healthwise...unless you're just cutting out certain types of carbs like sugar and refined flour. I've pretty much sworn off pasta completely! I make up a veggie saute and then put the pasta sauce over it (marinara or pesto...no alfredo!).

I've finally faced the fact that I'm either going to have to start drinking black coffee or give it up completely. I use real cream in my coffee, and even just a tiny bit has so many calories. And I don't use a tiny bit! I probably consume 500 calories before 6am! (I get up at 4:30 to write) So, I figure if I just do that one thing, I might start to go down again. Kinda like cutting out the sodas for you, Faye.

Anyway, gotta go. I'm getting a website set up today for my writing....I'll send you all the URL when it's up and running.

TTFN,
Julie
Old 02-17-2005, 12:40 PM   #29  
It is what it is...

Afternoon All ... I had a 3 pointer yesterday AND even while my dh had 3 dougnuts in front of me I was never tempted - however I did smell the box after they were gone like 4 times, how sad is that??? Hey somehow it helped...

Julie - I know it is funny, I used to not ever be really hungry on the WW program, but I think it is a combination of me cheating often, getting used to more food and then going back on plan. Plus sometimes I do not make good choices. I am going to try and cut back on carbs some, and not eat so much bread and pasta...I do not eat alot of pasta now but the bread I do...I am still having a problem of incorporating more protein...I just need to work on my menu period...but I am resolved to stick to plan for a long time now...I can do this...gotta get back under 200, it sucks.

Faye - Sorry to hear that you are still under the weather, relax today and do not do any cleaning, I know it will be hard for you

Amanda - You are doing such a great job with exercise!! Keep it up the wedding is on its way!!! Yeah dealing with this PMS and now TOM ( got it this morning ) has turned my whole diet and week upside down...but as I said to Julie I am resolved to stick to plan for quite a while before my next cheat, like at least a month!!

Gigglez - I probably will not go on the low carb plan per say, but will just try and incorporate less carbs into my WW plan.

Hope everyone has a good day, I am dealing with pretty bad "first day on" cramps - so as you can imagine I am just sitting at my desk at work trying to get through the day on Advil...well talk to you all later!!!
Old 02-17-2005, 03:18 PM   #30  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi everyone,

I got 4 points yesterday - had my walk to the supermarket and 35 mins on the bike later on. My TOM arrived today and I'm feeling a bit tired and crampy - snap Carri!

Haven't got much else to say - just going to relax tonight.

Love Amanda x