Old 01-14-2005, 07:09 AM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies....

Just got home. Stayed an extra hour. But tomorrow...I'm going home when I need to. It's Jhanai's night!

Ann--I used to work all hours at Sony w/12hr shifts...so this working from 6-2:30 or longer is no big deal. 8hrs. is doable for me. Your job sounds very cool. (that sounded pretty corny but hey) How neat to be able to talk to people from all over the world!!

Ellen--I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather! I still have this nasty cough but I'm finally feeling less tired. ok....I'm still tired but not from being sick. Good vibes your way so you get to feeling better!!

Mindee--Sorry that you're disappointed w/AF coming. Maybe it's a sign saying that you need to wait. Wait until Brandon is older and wait until Tommy has a secure job since he's still looking. Focus on you for now.

Hello to everyone else. Did you all get to chat live today?? (or yesterday?) I better get myself into bed. I have to go to work a couple hours earlier so I need to get some sleep. You all have a great day today! It's friday!!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:47 AM   #17  
GmaTo8

Hello, ladies!

Marti - hope your cough is getting better. Have you ever tried Robitusson cough syrup? It's the best, omho. Will Jhanai like going to the baby shower? My girls always loved that kind of thing! Mmm... James' chili sounds good right now.

Ann - a lady and her DH from our church let them put one of those towers on their ground, and they get $10,000.00 a year for it, with a 10 year minimum. Wished they'd asked me first, lol. If you need one in Indiana, tell your boss you know where it can be placed, lol. I've got almost 60 acres on a hill out here, lol.

Ellen - I'm so glad you'll be seeing the doctor today! I, too, take a list when I have several things I want to ask. My doc spends lots of time - no rushing- but still I forget something w/o a list. Let us know what she says, ok? We all want to know....

Mindee - Aww, hugs, hon. But I'm thinking Marti's right - maybe this is a sign that you guys should be on your feet a little better before your family grows. Was Tommy disappointed, too?

Well, it got up in the 50's yesterday, and today it is 19 with a wind-chill factor of about 10. Yikes! But it's January - it's supposed to be cold in Indiana, lol. I'm going to wash my hair and get cleaned up, and then go to Joanne's craft/fabric store just to poke around. I'm going to see if Maggie will go with me. She needs to get out of the house. Jerry sleeps a lot, and she sits around and worries.

Have a good day, ladies!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:11 AM   #18  
PamPSM644

I'm here drinking my daily fortification.Morning all.

Ellen, glad you see the Doc today.I got to thinking that maybe you haven't been able to get enough Melitonan becouse you have to stay in the house due to the weather,Give those babies a smooch from me.

Ann,as you work for a cell ph com you must know.I suspect landline phone will soon be a thing of the past.Am I right?

Marti,you all are such old pro's at this you'll be agreeing with my son. See how I am writing here with the spaces and indentations? For the longest time I couldn't figure out how to do this until my son showed me the other night. I have many "challanges".

Jane,we have a Joanne's Fabric and Crafts here. I love that store. The have the most beautiful upholstery fabric and christmas things are 70 0/0 off right now. Wish I hadn't spent all my money at x-mas.

Mindi,Leave things in the hands of the "Universe". It seems like when ever I push push,push, to try to make something happon it always turns out badly, but if I go with the flow it's better.

Well,I'll go for now.Catch you'all later. Pam
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:19 PM   #19  

Hi all,

Quick hi to everyone.
Pam: You are so right. If you don't have wireless capabilities now, you may want to start looking into them. It is a fun job.

Mindee; I'm sorry there is no addition now but I'm afraid I'm going to have to jump on the "Mom" bandwagon. Enjoy Brandon as a singleton for a while and then bring in a little guy or gal. You have plenty of time to add to the family.

Ellen: I hope all went well at the doctor and you are able to feel better.

Jane: A friend of mine actually got a little part time job at Joanne's near her so she could get a discount on "stuff". She is a craft fiend and this helps get her out of the house and saves a little money. I think at the end of the week, she usually owes them money but she has fun.

To all the girls, have a wonderful day. Looks like those of us that have been enjoying the warmer weather are about to get nailed. EWWW.
Have a happy day!

Ann
yetagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #20  
PamPSM644

Girls,go to "search" and look up "Discovery Health". The Discovery Health Channel is starting a new show and they are offering a vitual model you can make to look like yourself and keep track of how you look as you lose weight.Just saw info on it on "Jane Paley".
Old 01-14-2005, 04:00 PM   #21  

I did that. Man oh man...that helped me to "see" the behind that I have put on. I have been sticking to this new way of life very strictly thanks to that model.
It is fun to see!
yetagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:27 PM   #22  

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon ladies--

Jane--You have 60 acres?!? Wow!! I may just move onto a small piece of your land...... As for Jhanai and the baby shower....I let it be her decision if she wanted to go. I for one, don't want to. It's at a REALLY expensive restaurant and I can't afford to have lunch!! Jhanai & I may just have soup. Why she must have these elaborate gatherings I will never know!

Pam--Ahhh!! Now I understand about the lines! I'm glad you figured it out. It does make for easier reading doesn't it? You have me remembering that I need to have a cup of my daily fortification!! I'm tired today....up too late went to bed about 5:00 and now I have to leave in an hour (my early day)

Ann--Our weather so far here in Oregon has been drier than usual. But it has been raining. I've been reading about the mudslides in Cali....very scarey! All this devestation around the world brings tears to my eyes! I've tried out the virtual model before....I like what I would look like at goal!! Time to up the process of losing.

Speaking of losing. I haven't gotten around to joining the gym yet because I have to figure out when I can meet the woman who runs it. I have to fill out this sheet and then have a small orientation with her. I work nights...when am I going to find the time?! Next week! No putting it off and making excuses.

Well as I said...I have to leave early today. Two hours earlier this friday. So I better get going. I'm so glad it's friday!!

You all have a wonderful day!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #23  
Closed

Hi Everyone
I made the doctors appointment today, my daughter picked me up and took me there,I waited in the waiting room for about 20 minutes and then I waited in the examining room for an hour. As I sat there waiting I could hear some disruption out in the waiting room, first between the secretary and a patient, then I heard my Doctor interject in the discussion. Finally she walked into the room , with a look of annoyance on her face, and asked how I was doing, I sheepishly handed her the list sensing she was completely displeased with whatever took place in the waiting room, and she sat down. She looked at the list and looked at me and said there's a lot going on here,I can't take care of all of this now , it will take me all day, so lets do one.I couldn't believe what I was hearing , this is so unlike her, I was completely thrown,I said well start at the top then, I was somewhat, as annoyed as she was , by then. I gave her a breif history of what was going on and she filled out the usual barage of tests on the blood work requisition, prescritions to tide me over till the results of the blood and upper GI test I have at the hospital next week come back. She was ready to fly and I did manage to remind her I needed refills on my other meds, and I asked her for something to help me sleep , since that is something I never do anymore, so she sat back down and filled the requests.The only other thing that upset me was when she asked if I had any serious illness in my family like heart disease and cancer, which the answer to both was yes.I know this is probably a standard question ,but the way the appointment went ,It really upset me.I had a hard enough time getting to this appointment and things like this make it more difficult for me to follow through with the next. I know even Doctors have bad days, but, this didn't help the way I was feeling alreadyl So once the test results come in ,I have an appointment to see her in two weeks , but she informed me she would be away so some other doctor would take her place, at that time depending what the test show ,she will continue on , and maybe follow up with the rest of the things on my list ,so thats my day HOW THE HECK WAS YOURS. Sometimes I just want to dig a hole and jump in. I have been trying to read a new book , to cheer myself up but its to nice of a story to waste on this mood, the one I finished yesterday made me cry, it was such a nice ending. boy do I need my medication. I haven't had a chance to read all your posts yet still rattled from this afternoon, I am going to make some dinner, and calm down a bit and then I will be back with my usual bad wit and quips. If you don't hear from me tonight if will be only because I did dig that hole and jump in,. I hope you girl aren't sorry you asked about the appointment now.LOL

Last edited by Tea Rose; 01-14-2005 at 06:02 PM.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:41 PM   #24  
kitty Momo

Sorry about the doctors appointment Ellen.

I was about to say "Heeeeeellooooooooo down there Ellen" but maybe that wouldn't come off too funny. Just a hug being sent your way and hope you are feeling better

Ugh- my back is killing me!!!! PMSing and HATE it!! I did pay all my bills this morning. Took a payment to the old sitter and went to Albertsons to pick up some money orders. Gaby eyed a "Horse On A Stick" - that is what I call it. So we bought it........it is just a stick with a horses head and you get on and gallop away....lol.
She loves it and it plays a song when you press it's ear. She was in the back seat saying "Heeeeeee Haw....." lol, she is so cute.

Going to get her picture taken tomorrow. Rach and Becka have basketball games.

Do my mediation on Tuesday, plus the motion to change venue . I asked the mediator if we should even start mediatation since I was wanting to move the case up here but she thought it would be ok.
I talked to my legal service through my employment and she said it would be ok.....
I did get a child support check for $130 this morning so was surprised about that.
Talked to Mike's ex wife and she is heading for Mexico for 2 months with the kids......her boyfriend is from there and he just went back home- they have 2 children together.
blah- blah.....

I guess that is it - tired. Weighed in at 146 this morning. Still crave those chili beans!!!

k- bailing. Hope you all have a super weeeknd
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:36 PM   #25  
Closed

ahh Thaaaaaankkkkkkkksssss Suuuusaaaaaaannnnn
Can you hear the Eco, Its really dark down hear isn't there supposed to
be flames or something to brighten it up
Jane~ just wanted to let you know that Oregon is 2,800 miles away from me and I would need to do a lot of marathon training to walk that far
Marti I hope your cough is getting better BUCKLEY'S TASTE AWFUL BUT IT WORKS , IF YOU CAN BREATHE AGAIN THAT IS
Hi Mindee Sorry about the news, I know that your dissappointed,but I have to agree the the others , I had both my kids 16 months apart, and its hard under the best of circumstances , I have been where you are now and its a very hard road, you are so young ,same as I was , give yourself some time to recover spend time with Brandon, and take care of the things you need to do for yourself, end of sermon. ((HUGS))
Hi Angie I said Helloooooo Angie.
You sleepen, poor Angie, I'm not the least bit surprized though, I was wondering when the batteries would wear out. I hope you got some rest,
Hi Everyone gotta go my phone is ringing be back soon to finish up,

Last edited by Tea Rose; 01-14-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:47 PM   #26  
PamPSM644

I have had it. I'm pooped. For 2 days I've been hunting an awful smell. I've accused every critter in the house of being naughty.Today I gave in and desided if I couldn't find it I'd just wash everything.I got out the carpet shampooer and yanked off the couch covers and in the washer they went.I cleaned all the carpets and still I smelled it.Then I pulled out the couch to clean behind it and Eurika! All along the wall the carpet was damp and there was mold on the paint.I got out the bleach and meldew remover and took care of it. I cured the symtoms but the cause is still there. My son needs to caulk around the air conditioner which is in the wall above. Apparently the rain leaked in. But by-god I got rid of that smell!Yaho.
Something eles good happoned today. I learned why my e-mail address wasn't working. A feature that says "only allow mail from aol "was turned on. To find this out I had to call AOL tec support.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:58 PM   #27  
kitty Momo

Does your telephone cord reach all the way dooooooowwn there Ellen? lol

If you see flames you probably have gone too far

I found Gaby the cutest Buster Brown black boots at Goodwill for 4.99, plus a Gap sweater and some coffee cups.

Exhausted - best get......
Old 01-14-2005, 10:56 PM   #28  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Marti - omg, you have to buy your own meals for the baby shower? I just recently heard mention of a "potluck" baptism, but this is even worse, lol. Especially since you said the restaurant is pricey. Dang, it is going to be hard to meet up with the gym lady! How you gonna do that?

Ellen - awww, so sorry about your doctor visit. At least you got your meds renewed and some tests ordered. Maybe you could meet us in the midwest. Cristi did say if we went to Kansas City, she'd be sure and be there. I don't know why I thought Wichita is closer to her. Anyway, post your thoughts on the Meeting thread, ok?

Ann - I have done the virtualmodel.com before. Even had the hair very similar to mine, before and now. Thing is, the model doesn't show cellulite, lol. I like it!

Pam - oh hon, the Enter key is your friend! So is the % button above the "5", lol. You're doing just fine, though! My daughter has helped me so much throughout the years. She has her own web page, and has colorful things on it that dance and glitter and links that go everywhere.. She's going to major in Web Design in college next year. Btw, did you know you can get a free email account from Yahoo.com? Then you can have your fun email sent there, instead of your official one. Just a thought.....

Susan - I love hobby-horses, and bought the twins one for Christmas last year. Sounds like the same kind - press the ear and it whinnies. Like Gaby, they love to make horsey sounds and gallop around, too. Kids make the world so much better, don't they? Good luck with the upcoming meetings you've got, Susan. I'm sending good vibes your way!!

As I mentioned on the WL thread, I moved 3 bookcases and unloaded and reloaded books today. I cleaned everything while I was at it, and got a good workout in the bargain. It's so cold here, I don't even want to go outside for the mail, lol. The wind is settling down, so that helps a lot.

Have a good weekend!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:58 PM   #29  
Closed

Cordless Susan its the only way to travel. Your too funny.I was lookin for some warmth,but i didn't find the flame so I guess I'm still in the good book, sure felt like I was today though , but then we have all had some of those days haven't we. Hey I want some Buster Brown boots , when I was a wee thing,I had a pair of those little white boots that had the white fur up the front, my Aunti bought them for me, I thought I had the best pair of boots in the world, I used to sleep with my new shoes,sneakers to, and my baseball glove, If I get new shoes I'm gonna try that again see if its still the same ol feeling Is Gaby as excited as I am .When you wished us a good weekend I thought you were off to somewhere warm and sunny, but your still here, did you stay just to cheer me up
Hi Pam occassionally I have had the same problem , but I didn't find mildew, enough saidGlad the smell is gone I can't stand odours in my house, the kids say I can smell carbon monoxide, so where is everyone, funny how when I come here everyone disappears, you gals trying to tell me something

Last edited by Tea Rose; 01-14-2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #30  
kitty Momo

No, when I say "best get" , I am best getting. Means I will come back though. lol

One Russian resident brought me some chocolates with 16 % brandy in them

(( did I say this before?? I don't remember, I think I am drunk))

......anyway, plus a $20 dollar ring - the price tag was on the back.

It was sitting on my desk when I arrived to work this afternoon.

My boss said he ((the resident))brought it over and refused to take it back. My boss tried to explain that we can't take gifts - blah- blah. Anyway, I told my boss I would be scared to wear the ring, what if I did and the resident thought we were engaged now?????

My boss laughed and said....."yes, he will take you back to Russia as his bride"

hahahahahha

anyway...........I guess it isn't as funny.. if you weren't there..........or if you weren't drunk on brandy chocolates....lol

Thanks Jane - fingers crossed that all goes well. Though I have a sick feeling Mike will push for a court case......I don't think he will back down on anything.

Did you come back up out of the whole you dug Ellen?? You have a laptop down there?? lol........Hope you are having a good evening. Wish you were here getting tipsy on candy with me

k- bailing again!!!!

night