Old 01-05-2005, 01:33 AM   #31  
Closed

Hey what are you doing up young lady get to bedahh it seems like only yesterday I weighed 20 lbs and was 28 inches long , oh wait I'm still 28 inches long Next baby what did I miss something . you get out of that bed missy and get dressed Ok I need sleep can you tell , glad to hear Tommy's had is healing well, could have damaged the nerves , he was lucky. night Mindee (((HUGS )))
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #32  
PamPSM644

Hellooo,Girls. Wow,20lbs. Thats a big baby. He sure is a cutie. I see football in his future. Is Dad a sports fan? The rain has let up today and they say it won't return till Thurs so I'm very happy.I get to walk to day.Ellen, you have some babies to,how are they doing?My son is very excited. He just found out that a "Transformer" live action movie is being made. When he was little he was a BIG Transformer fan. They are the cars that turn into robots.He had a huge collection and loved the cartoons. The main hero was a simi truck named Optimist Prime. His father was a disapointment so he transfered his affection onto this charactor. I wasn't to concerned because it was a very moral hero and better this then nothing,right?We even watched the cartoons together and I could talk to any litle boy about them when most growenups had not a clue. We both still share this love for these charactors so we're very excited about this movie.Ever sence he was a baby he's loved trucks and cars. When I would ask him what he wanted to be it was a truck driver,not my first choice.So when Transformers came along he naturaly became involved. Infact he drives a truck today.Ha.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:08 AM   #33  
Closed

GOOD MORNING
PAM. I know all about transformers and optimus prime since our sons are the same age, it was also a passion of my sons when he was a little guy , but left the truck driving to his Grandpa, who was a truck driver all his life.I know he will be also be more than excited when this movie comes out ,,considering todays technology it should be amazing.did your son also like spiderman and batman, and how did he like those movies if he saw them. My son saw them all but he definitely more into Lord of The Rings movies,now.My babies are doing fine they had their first checkup yesterday.everything is fine they have doubled in size and one is a boy and the other a girl ,their names are Maddie and Maddox ,Mom is Amelie siblings are Bri Kobi, Baby(original huh) Emma ,Baggins, Paris ,Grover,----Ty and Thor , are the out door kitties one comes in one doesn't as of yet, One bird named Galadriel and two kid who will remain nameless although they do have names I think I will go and make some coffee, haven't had any yet, can't drink much of this beloved drink right now, but I will return , and I will sit here with my big steaming cup of hot coffee,and talk somemore about nothing at all, hows that sound , where is everyone by the way still reading my 1;00 AM post, I knew know one was listening to me as I sat talking away to myself, I could get easily wounded you know,but I will save that for another day see you soon, but YOU BETTER BE LISTENING TO ME , no point of me wasting all this hot air if your not listening.

Jane is that picture ok say it is , I am suffering here

Last edited by Tea Rose; 01-05-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #34  
RosieKate

Good morning! A quick hi from me today...anybody going to chat today? I am going to be home, Little LeeLee has a cold so we are taking life easy today....so hope I seee some of you there - I'll be checking in.

Jane and Marti - I have read alot on money management over the years because our main financial goal was to be able to keep me a SAHM until the kids are in school full time, then be able to work part-time around their schedules. One book I liked recently was Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. Very basic but good common-sense advice. I like Suze Orman's books, too. I'm glad Neal recommended IRAs, because I agree they are a good idea, particularly if your job does not provide a 401k or something like that. I save in a Roth IRA and it has more flexibility than conventional IRAs as you can withdraw you contributions at any time with no penalty, you just can't withdraw the earnings until you retire. You put in after-tax income, which is perfect for me, as I have no income! It's all my sugar-daddy....hee hee yeah right. He makes it, I manage it.. and a good thing, too I may add, as he keeps eyeing really expensive computers and other guy toys on a regular basis.

Gotta go and get a workout in before chat..so see you chickies later
Old 01-05-2005, 12:15 PM   #35  
GmaTo8

Good afternoon ladies,

Ellen - hey, how'd you get a Sears catalog?? I thought they quit making them! The nearest Sears store (other than appliances) is in Evansville, so I'd love to have a catalog. If there's a USA toll-free number for it, PM me, ok? About the photo - I don't know. I thought the administrators would have posted a note about it by now. I do know thumbnails will be allowed.

Mindee - I've seen spring clothes in just about every store. Maybe since I am a lot further south than you they put them out sooner?

Pam - my son also will want to see the transformer movie, lol.

Katy - sorry Leigh has a cold. So does Katie, and if that isn't bad enough, now she's got some intestinal stuff going on. Poor kid! Did you get your workout done?

As I told Katy, my Katie is home sick. And I have Mackenzie here. I'll be picking her up from kindergarten the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month until school is out. This gives us some quality time.

Not sure if I'll make chat or not, depends on if Mackenzie is up from her nap or not. That's at 2 pm here.

Have a good day!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #36  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning ladies~

Not in such a good mood this am, spent 1/2 the night without electricity. Thank god we have a fireplace otherwise we would have been freezing. Had an ice storm and man what a mess everywhere. It is still going on today and add some snow on top of it. I hate KS! Let's see where can I move-must beno snow or ice?

Anyway...about the mirrors, light and windows...no room what-so-ever for any mirrors on the wall. I have one main wall to put something on in the living room and don't think I would like a mirror there. I actually have a curio cabinet that has a mirrored back and a mirror by the door. Now if the window weren't above the fireplace I could put one there. Well, there is more wall space but I have things there already and don't want to change it. The big wall going down the basement is my picture wall. I did a collection of pics of the kids, and family. Still have more to add to it. Have plenty of windows tho-three in the living room with two from floor to almost the ceiling with one in between at the height of the two, above the fireplace. Since the kitchen, living room, and dining area are bascially one room..the sliding door is on the same wall as the three windows, with a big window on another wall plus a window in the kitchen so there are plenty of windows in the room(s). And the curtains are white, as are the blinds, nothing heavy except the valances-it's just so gloomy because of the weather and a little darker because of the paint. I am not even sure where I would put another lamp. Maybe have to paint again! A lighter color, just not yellow-too bright. Just kidding of course. Wouldn't V die if I were serious?! Anyway...enough about that.

Ellen~I am glad you are headed to the doc. Even if it is nothing at least you will know. Better safe than sorry. I am about headed there myself. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Wow Mindee, 20 pounds?! Little Brandon is not so little is he? They grow so fast. I'll have to go check out the new pics.

Marti~I will share pics once I get them developed and if they turned out fine. Haven't done a border yet but will soon-just have to find one. WTG on all the nutcrackers. I used to shop the after christmas sales but not anymore. Just end up buying stuff I really don't need.

Jane~glad you had a good day yesterday.

Hi to everyone else

Did anyone happen to catch the football game last night? The Orange Bowl...oh, that was a sad day for the Sooners. USC slaughtered them. I like both teams so whoever won was fine with me but I am a little disappointed in the Sooners. Have been a fan since living in Norman-home of the Sooners. Oh well at least they made it to the bowl. Maybe next year.

Take care ladies and have a good day.

Edited to say Hi to Jane. See ya posted as I was typing away. Hope your Katie gets to feeling better. have they already got spring clothes out? I haven't been to a store other than Wal-Mart since I finished with christmas shopping.

And don't know how I missed you Katy. Hope little Leigh gets to feeling better also. I know I won't be here for chat have some much needed laundry to get to among other things. Was in the middle of it last night when the electricity went out so I have two loads I need to rewash and two more on top of it. Glad I had the chili cooked and in the crock pot last night and glad we have some laterns and lots and lots of candles.

Again ladies have a good day.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-05-2005 at 12:27 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:56 PM   #37  

Hi Ladies!!
Well Im so proud of myself!!! No snacks yet this week at all, if I feel the urge I have a couple of graham crackers before bed!!! Im really proud of myself!!!
Last night I got DBF takeout for supper, and I passed it up for a salad, now thats surprising for me....Im loving it.
As far as the doctors yesterday, all my bloodwork came back perfect, so this think this ovary issue is just gonna be the norm for me!!! So thankful that I dont have something really wrong, especially fertility wise....The doctor was concerned because she thinks Im obsessive over my weight, which I thought was totally ridiculous...Considering this size 1 doc was trying to tell me about weight loss...I mean all do respect, I know she's studied that but I dont believe you really know about weight loss till you've struggled with it..So it was kinda like a slap in the face when she told me I should try working out more!!!!UGH!!! She did commend me on the 50 pounds already lost...but then said I should lose about 35 more to get to my ideal weight, so I guess we'll see how I do..

Hope you are all doing well and trying to keep on track !!!
Have a great day
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 01:16 PM   #38  
Closed

Cristi I put a mirror on a picture easel in my room ,that works to, not that my room is small , I just had a really nice framed mirror and no wall to hang it on,always and forever thinking of new things to do. When do we see the pictures I am excited waiting,so hurry up girl, Is you Doctors appointment routine or you got some troubles brewing in there.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Back again ladies...may be here for chat afterall. I know I have things I should be doing but we have no cable and I was ready for a movie without having to dig out the videos. Not sure when we will have tv again-bummer.

Julie~maybe your doc has struggled to get where she is at today-you never really know. But I do understand...my doc was overweight and cracked me up when she said I need tolose weight. Ummm, yes I know this. Glad they found nothing wrong. WTG on staying on track!

Ellen~good idea about the mirror and easel. Oh, the doc...it's my arm. When I had the MRI last year they said it was arthritis but what cracks me up is the pain shifts-didn't think arthritis did that but I guess so... It is usually my right arm, wrist and shoulder and it switched to my left side and I am so tired of the pain/ache. It is constant when it starts, this time for three weeks straight. Tylenol Arthritis helps somewhat but I want something to make it stop or at least let me get a good nights sleep without tossing and turning because of it. Took Vioxx for a while but quit because the side effects scared me. Didn't have any but just kept thinking about the possible heart attack. Guess that was a good thing as they took it off the market. The cortisone shot didn't help the last time I got one and ibuprofen helps but can't take that for more than 3 or 4 days-upsets my head and stomach bad. But would rather take that for the 3 or 4 days than not at all. And also my foot-that has been bothering me off and on for a while. Not sure why but it gets so bad that it hurts to stand on it for long. Anyway...so it kind of is routine in that I have been to the doc so much for it (arm & shoulder).

I have got to find something to do today. Can't stay on this all day, don't feel like reading, in the middle of doing laundry and I am bored! Boy, don't I sound like the crab apple today?! This weather totally sucks! Okay, won't keep blabbing about nothing. See ya...

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-05-2005 at 01:41 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #40  
PamPSM644

I'm back. Yes, Eddie,my son, loves Spiderman, X-men,ect, but Transformers held a special place for him.He's still collecting them and serfs E-bay for bargins.When the cartoon movie came out years ago he went to see it and came home VERY upset because they had killed off Optimist Prime.He insisted we write to the toy company and tell them how unhappy he was.No matter how old they get the litle boy they were can still be seen.Now that he's a man he doesn't need me and we don't share as much as we did. Thats how it's suppose to be, but once in a while something comes up and we connect again like when he was little. I love those fleeting moments.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:30 PM   #41  
Closed

Talk about fleeting moments , just as I think everything is going somewhat ,well another crisis hits, Amelie who had her clean bill of health checkup yesterday , began breathing and panting really hard this afternoon, ever since she came home from the vet yesterday she has been following me everywhere and meowing at me ,I thought maybe it was a little seperation anxiety , but it turns out to be something more.It seems this is becoming never ending , I am so worried, my son just took her and the babies to the animal hospital and Now I must wait. This is all becoming very hard on me, I don't even want to think of anything bad that could happen.I just want to cry. My son just called to say the technicians have begun x-rays and blood tests on her and they will call as soon as they can put some preliminary results together. I must sit here and wait and pray,that I don't lose yet another baby. Forgive me that all my news has been so negative lately , its just if I don't let some of these feelings out I will explode, i will let you know when I hear , right now I think I will just go to bed and cry.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:04 PM   #42  

((((((Ellen)))))) That's what we are here for.
yetagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 04:49 PM   #43  
PamPSM644

Ellen, am praying for your babies. Cats can get "colds", they call them " upper or lower respiratory infections,depending on where it's located. Hopfully this is it and they've caught it early because antibiotics will take care of it. Have your kitties had the sniffles?Sneezing or blowing bubbles?Did you get shots yesterday?My vet says never give your cat the feline aides or lukimia shots before having them tested for it first.They are live vaccines and very dangerous. Look them up on the net before you give them to any of your cats.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM   #44  
Closed

Hi Everyone
Just a quick update , got some results , Amelie does have a fever and an infection ,she will be coming home with antibiotics, they were concerned about a remaining fetus, what I didn't tell you girls is that two babies didn't make it, and there was the possibility of something being there.She is home now but not very comfortable , I am going to try some warm compressess on her tummy to see if they help ,she is sore and still panting and breathing hard. and having a difficult time letting the babies nurse . I wish there was more I could do, waiting to hear back from the vet if I can maybe bottle feed them every other feeding to give her a rest , I know nursing does promote healing but she is suffering so, and I would like her to be a little more comfortable , just wanted to update you for now, Pam no shots too young I just insisted on a checkup , since they told me that , they didn't need one if everything seemed fine, didn't like that advise much so I made an appointment to take them in yesterday. It seems that they missed the fact that she was suffering, and having difficulty breathing,I am presently in the process of changing vets as this one isn't in my opinion doing the proper care, I went through this with my Snookie to ,but thats another story I don't feel like talking about right now. anyway Amelie is home not feeling well but I wil keep her close ,I put their bed on mine , so I can watch them .I will ket you know,
Old 01-05-2005, 06:24 PM   #45  

Height: 5'1"

Running out of time (did go to chat....)

But I had to come in and say:

Ellen--Don't ever worry about coming here to talk about your babies. We all have babies at home (I have 2 chihuahua's and 3 kitties) and they are all pampered!! Better word would be spoiled.

I'll keep your little kitties in my thoughts today!!

HUGS TO YOU!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote