Old 01-02-2005, 01:36 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Lightbulb If you could change...

one thing about yourself what would you change? Excluding your weight as we all know we all would change that and are working at doing so. So...

The one thing I would change if I could is my face. Not that I want another face, just a lift here and there mainly my eyes. My eyelids droop and make me look tired and grouchy. Plus I have those nasty bags under my eyes. My mother is the same way and while she has aged well her eyes make her look tired and a little older.

So what one thing would you ladies change if you could? Or do you like/love everything about yourself?
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:11 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Do I have to limit it to just one thing?!? Well, I'd say my face, too. I'd like it to be tight and smooth the way it was when I was 20.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:55 AM   #3  
RosieKate

Ahh - youth is wasted on the young - ne'st pas? You know, since Leigh weaned a year ago my hair has been thinning which I find highly annoying! I have always had a thick head of hair with a reddish brown color - only a few strands of gray. I must have been pretty vain about it, because now that half of it is gone - I am in a dither over what to do about it if anything.

Don't want to go the rogaine route.....tried rosemary oil, but it was too strong and irritated my eyes. So I now my approach is to just make it look as nice as I can so I feel good about it. That's why I am highlighting it and maintaining a cut that I like.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Be put under and all my teeth root canaled and crowned. There are 3,,,then having the gap between my teeth filled, having them rest whitened.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:39 PM   #5  
PamPSM644

I second you,Angie , on the teeth. I want mine yanked and dentures. I"ve always hated my teeth. I was given Tetrocyclene before the perminant teeth came in and it stained them yellow. It's hard to care about dental care when your teeth are ugly anyway. Next to the teeth I'd wish for an aptitude for algrbra and higher math. I'm terrible at it.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:55 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

My chin/jaw line. I really hate my profile. I think my chin just kind of flows right into my neck w/out a definition of a chin!! It looks bad. and the more weight I gain the worse it looks.

So that would be what I would change.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:18 PM   #7  

That's a hard one. I think I would change my self confidence. Actually, I wouldn't change it, I would find some.
Katy, try Biotin. My hairdresser suggested it as my hair is like yours. I took double the reccomended dose and it really has helped. Side effects: great nails. I get it at Wal Mart. I wish I could remember the price. It isn't that awful or I wouldn't get so much of it.

Ann
yetagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:25 AM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Pam, I sendon what you said about math,,,I would like to get my nursing degree but the math upgrading believe it or not is holding me back.

Ok Marti, ya the chin thing for me too,,,I worry when I talk that my chin wobbles...Ally McBeal guy liking the wuggle? Well the guy would be all over me!
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:50 AM   #9  
One day at a time

Now if I could have a second thing to change...I DEFINITELY would have a boob job! I have always hated them. Well, not hated them...hated that guys were always commenting and looking. I would definitely go down a size because I feel mine are just too big and in the way. A b-cup would be perfect for me! I think those are the only two things I would change about myself/body. Who knows after watching that show 10 Years Younger I may someday! Got me to thinking and wondering if I look older than I am. I don't think but got me to wondering.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:36 PM   #10  
Closed

Hey you guys , this is where you have been hiding out on me .mmh no one told me about this place, Change, is what we are talking about,WOWEE where do I start,Jane I would like everything tight and firm like when I was twenty,you know up until a few years ago I thought things were pretty good , not that I am much to look at, but things were holding up all right, exactly two years ago I fell apart it seems. I'm not even sure what the extent of the damage is , because this 30 pound weight gain has made quite a change on my looks and body, I gain everywhere, Once I get it if off , assuming I ever do , I will have to reaccess .I know if I could I too would enjoy a little lift of the brows and jawline and a little lift further ,south well a lot further south.I guess it all depends how the weight has affected the skins condition.I am having some trouble with some bad veins in my legs, I would like to have then taken care of to.Teeth I would love to have my teeth done ,and my brows are sparse ,skin is looking a little gray, few strands of hair are too The weight gain has enlarged my chest and I hate it ,absolutely hate it , did you girls hear that, I hate it,I would also like to have my fingers fixed , I have really bad arthritis in a few of them and one of them has those nodules on it now. and they are so painful and ugly,Hey but aside from that I look great right, I watched that show 10 years younger for the first time the other night got me thinking to, don't think I am ready for that test yet,

Last edited by Tea Rose; 01-05-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:52 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Ellen~yeah, don't think I am ready for the show either. People are harsh but the ones I saw I was a little close to the real age. But there was a woman on there that was 23 and I thought for sure she was at least 35!
Old 01-08-2005, 05:38 PM   #12  
self portrait

I would change myself so I could have self confidence, I would not hate myself but love myself and I would boost myself up in the front top of my body and get rid of my bedroom eyes. I inherited that from my dad and grammy, those dark circles under my eyes that when I am sick or tired make me look like death warmed over.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:34 PM   #13  

Hi Gals, I'm the new KID on the block so bare with me. I keep loosing all of you. Hi Girlfriend Pam who got me to come here, wherever here is........What would I change about me? Gosh, I think I'm pretty decent the way I am.....other than for my wrinkles on my forhead that seem to be getting deeper with every worry. And maybe the bag under my left eye that droops more than the right......... Don't understand why the lipstick curls up thru each line above my lip either. Does anyone else have these problems or am I the oldest gal here? And are we suppose to feel better after communing with one another. I want to bury myself in a hole now. grin Nice being with fellow sufferers.
starfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #14  
PamPSM644

Hi, girl! So glad you signed in and are joining us. Check out Chit Chat 109 and stick your nose in. You belong here with us. We are all in various stages of weight loss or not. This is our home away from home.

Pam
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:13 AM   #15  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

This may sound dumb, but one thing I would really like to change about myself is the shape of my sternum.... It comes out to a noticeable point at the top it really bothers me so I would either change that or my chest so that my boobs were bigger and higher so you wouldn't notice the point
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote