Old 02-13-2005, 05:59 PM   #241  

Hey well let's try this again!
(My first post disappeared!)
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Sounds like everyone has been super busy. I have been doing the dreaded house cleaning. I opened a bottle of Mr. Clean and left it open on the counter just like they show on TV. Did a jenie pop out of the bottle and clean my kitchen???????That would be a no. Isn't that false advertising? Darn the bad luck!
Mouse: I would buy your book. You are crack me up! Don't worry about what others say. I know it's annoying, but don't let it get to you. You'll get there. I'm sorry your offer for Fema came just a little too late. Thanks anyway. I did leave the broom hanging out of the closet ceiling tiles to show the principal, but everything else is in order. I have had two friends undergo gastric bypass within the past year. One has lost over 100 pounds, and the other, died from complications. It was such a shame. She actually lost quite a lot of weight prior to her surgury by excercising everyday. She was the head of the Special Ed department and just a ray of sunshine.
Paisley: Glad things have calmed down your way. Sounds to me like you are going to be pretty busy in the coming months. I can honestly say I don't envy you. By the way: my restraint may have been admirable on Friday.....We're going to Red Lobster tomorrow night. It could get ugly!!!!!!!!!!
Ginny: Hooray on the dishwasher. Isn't that great? I'd love to have all new appliances as well. But, as long as there are working I guess I'll just have to let them be. I bet dishwashing isn't half as bad now huh? I must say, that since I cook every night, my husband usually does the dishes. I feel that's a great deal for me!
Kerry: Sounds like you did a super amount of walking! Husbands can be weenies sometimes. Your comment about him spending time with his friends for Valentine's Day sounds like something I would say!
Time to cook supper, walking, and then I guess I will tackle the overflowing bookbag. Yuck!
Talk to you later!
Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:10 AM   #242  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello......

Mouse- first of all, I hope that I have not said something to upset you. Someone really must have pushed all the wrong buttons on you. I know how it is when there is something wrong, and noone seems to understand what the dickens is going on. I had that a few years ago and won't bore you with the details. I do remember that it was awful, and SO much better when I met an MD who was at least sympathetic! Hugs to you......there will be answers for you. It must be awfully hard trying to be patient, when you have been mistreated by so many.

Kerry- first of all, ENJOY your workout today and treat yourself well!!!!!! You deserve it! Yup, men can be so devoid of sensitivity. Even heard that from Dd yesterday, who after the miserable Christmas break she had lamented about the entire genders lack of being emotionally sensitive. Cudo's to you for getting all that excercise in.

Ok, Pam, when the genie comes out of the Mr Clean bottle at your house, please direct him to mine after he finishes yours! (gosh do I need some help). Hope you got most of what you wanted to get done done.

I did get a 25 minute walk in this am, kind of pooped....TOM is here.....and I am lacking energy. The dishwasher should be installed tonite- I kind of knew that I might have to wait a few more days knowing that it was being delivered Sunday. Just thankful that the end is near, and whenever it is in and running I am a happy camper.
Yup, and I agree with Pam, I would love a new kitchen....but as long as everything is running and ok, I am happy too.
Ok, I have babbled enough. I wanted to hand out duct tape this am to the kids they were LOUD. If they do not quiet down this afternoon.......I might just keep the Valentines candy I got them for another day. Yes they were that bad.
Gotta go. See ya later!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:42 PM   #243  

Super quick Hey!
Ok in a nutshell, went to Red Lobster. You know that was a big big mistake. I feel so fullllllllllllllllllllllllll! I'm ready for a nap. Somehow don't think that's in the cards for tonight. Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Mine's been excellent!
Pam
Old 02-14-2005, 09:52 PM   #244  
Swimming Mouse

This has been an absolutely horribly weekend. A friend of mine's husband died on Friday, but I didn't find out until Saturday afternoon. There was a huge arson fire on Sunday night that we had to deal with, and the wife of one our administrators died over the weekend too.
I'm tired of my students making comments about my weight, constantly. They don't curse at me the way they do at everybody else, they just call me fat and run out of the room. Then all the other students laugh, but I'm not allowed to do anything but ignore it. I can't send them out of the room or give them chill time for it.
It doesn't matter how little or how much I eat, I'm definitely gaining weight again. Over 12 pounds in 2 weeks, and its not water weight.
I'm absolutely exhausted most of the time, nauseated all of the time, and I just can't deal with any of this anymore.
My friend's husband died because he was extremely overweight. I had dinner with them at a restaurant on one occasion, and couldn't believe how much he ate... and we did Chinese on another occasion and was again amazed. Even at my highest eating, I couldn't eat an entire pizza in one sitting! But his death scares me, even though I eat healthy and exercise, I'm scared. And the majority of medical professionals seem to think that the ONLY way I'll lose weight is by doing gastric bypass surgery.
I don't NEED to be a size 6 or even a size 10! I'd be perfectly, utterly content with a size 18! I would be perfectly happy being 5'7 and 1/2 inches tall and weighing around 250. Oh, ****, I'd be happy weight what I weighed right now if it was at least ALL OVER and I didn't look so weird.
Everybody assumes that I have trouble walking because of my weight, not because of my ankle. Even my orthopedist assumes that I don't want to do stairs because its too hard to do it with my weight. I've had to give up going out with local Red Cross teams and working in the kitchens Nationally because of my ankle. I can't manage the steps in the row houses or in the homes themselves, and the stairs on the mobile kitchens are flimsy at best. I've been a disaster volunteer since 1990, and a Red Cross volunteer since 1987, don't you think that if I COULD do stairs, I would? I chose Mass Care as my specialty because I'm good at it!
I can't even get a guy to come close enough to me to scare him away with my supposed bad attitude. They never get close enough for me to even open my mouth.
I quit. I give up. I may as well eat what I want, do what I want, whatever. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference whether I track what I eat, give up regular soda, exercise. I'm done.
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 11:49 AM   #245  
burned out bus driver

Mouse- first of all, my sincere condolences for all the losses you are facing this week.
There are times that life just does not seem to make sense, and you wonder about why things have to happen this way. I can offer no answers, just support, a shoulder to cry on, someone to vent to, prayers, a friendly smile if you need that, and some cyber hugs. Hang in there.......there are some answers (we just do not know what they are yet!) and God DOES have a plan for each of us.
I can offer no medical answers to your weight issues either. I can and am happy to send you my Weight watchers materials....free.....and of course any answers to your questions that you might have. I know that you have very specific dietary concerns, but perhaps one of the two programs that WW offers might work. Their new "Core"program has worked for many- where other programs have failed. I know that you are counting calories and have tried many weight loss programs before. And that you are working out a lot. And that there might be a medical issue here that the Drs have not figured out yet. But if you think that maybe giving WW a try - at no cost- is worth a try, I will do all I can do to help you. And I will pray for you. Hopefully, today will be better for you.

My day has been ok......busy (what else is new) and I did get to my kickbox tape this am. I did get some cleaning done too- just one room but better than nothing. Ds has his last basketball game tonite- I can only get to a little bit because it starts at 4. I get off work at 4:35........so I will miss the first hour. Oh well.
Gotta go wash dishes. Dh might get started with the installation tonite- he has to replumb the sink to do so.
Have a great day!!!!!!
Ginny

Pam- hope your valentines day was nice.......sure sounded that way to me!
Old 02-15-2005, 04:53 PM   #246  

Good afternoon everyone!
Gosh, I just don't know what to say. Mouse, please don't just give up.You have already lost 55 pounds. It may be a long journey, but you just do it one step at a time. If you mess up, start again. Everyday is a new day. I have battled with my weight off and on my whole life. I used to dream in high school that I would just wake up and be thin. My very first day in a brand new school, new state, no friends I was in the eighth grade. The school went from grades 7-12. This football player called me tank. He said I was as big as a tank. I was crushed, humiliated, and tortured with that name throughout my entire High School years. People can be mean, it just kills me. You do so much for others, your sense of humor is off the hook. Just let tomorrow be a new day. I will say a prayer for you.
My day was ok, I have an awful sore throat. I hope it's just that. I do not have time to be sick right now. I have two peer evals to do and a week to do them. I was observed during fourth period today, and the principal was called out during my observation. He left his walky talkie and all his stuff, so for the rest of the class, until he came back to get it, we got to hear everything that was going on around the school. I didn't dare go turn it off. I need to excercise today, but I just don't feel good. I should just make myself I guess.
Ginny: Yes, my Valentine's Day was awesome! Roses, jewelry, dinner out, which made me so sleepy that I wanted to crawl into bed and go to sleep. (My hubby said he didn't pay out all that money for me to take a nap! ) Gracious. My bedroom smells like a rose garden. Yummy!
Best wishes to everyone. Robyn, Mouse, Ginny, Kerry, Paisley.....Forgetting anyone????????? Well, let me stop babbling and get busy.
Take care!
Pam
Old 02-15-2005, 10:04 PM   #247  
Swimming Mouse

Hi, all.
Okay, so today pretty much sucked in terms of kid's behavior, and I was ready to RUN out of the building at 2:00 and never ever come back again. I had two of my kids go whacko behaviorally during 1st period. Second period was okay, and then 3rd period happened. One of the kids hasn't had his glasses in MONTHS. I just don't understand how a parent can be so ... sorry guys... irresponsible!? as to not get their child new glasses right away. If it is a cost issue, there are plenty of groups that will help, and he's at our school for pity's sake, his social worker can assist! But the kid tells us everyday that he can't see. But my TA has noticed that he can see well enough to play basketball without his glasses, and he played soccer very well without them too. (Mind, now, its very well for a child with a significant cognitive and emotional disability....) And I happened to ask him today if he could see the basketball court, and he said yes, but he couldn't see the board that was much closer to him than a basketball hoop ever could be. I said, "If you can see the hoop, you can see the board." And then left it alone. At some point, we had a cap for a glue stick, but no stick... so I asked him first and he yelled at me, and I ignored it, then I made a general 'teacher voice' question, "Who has the glue stick but no cap?" because these were brand-new glues, and I want them to last the rest of the year! And he screams, "You always blame me for everything, even stuff I didn't do!" I just looked at him, and said, "Okay. You can't scream at me that way. Its not polite. I'm not screaming at you, please don't scream at me." And he screamed at me again, so I told him to take a minute, which he refused. Twice. I told him that he was directed to take some chill time, and now it was a 3-minute, so he needed to try and be successful. So he shoved himself back, and is sitting there, and calls me a b----, then a jack---. And so he was directed to the hallway so he could do an out of class chill and be successful. He refused to go, and then said, "If I go out there, I'm going to elope!", which I ignored. About 3 minutes before the end of the period, I reminded him that he needed to successfully complete his chill time or he'd have to go to resource instead of his next class, and he flipped out. He threw over a desk, which landed against another student's desk and pushed him in the stomach, then he shoved over his chair and pushed another desk before running out of the room. I had a 1:1 staff in the room with me, because my TA had walked her student to class (we have a student on a special plan who comes to us for 2 periods in a row: one period to do our work, one to do acadmics with me... this kid is seemingly only successful in our class). She went after him while I called resource. The bell rang, and 4th period went absolutely nuts before they even got in the room... Ten minutes into the period, and I may as well have been teaching the class down in the resource room. They had done something 3rd period, and the teacher followed them down and said, "If you don't want to be in my class, I can do a schedule change and you can be out of there. You're out on Friday." So, we had lots of threats flying back and forth about people getting others in trouble, etc, etc. Oh, it was a mess. I couldn't keep up with the paperwork, and at one point the resource staff actually told my supervisor that I wasn't doing it fast enough! He came down to ask me about it, and I told him... I WAS working on it! I was livid and just dropped the paperwork on the desk when I went in there, turned around and walked out. I usually check to make sure that they don't need anything else from me. Since I usually get them paperwork ASAP, often fill it out when I walk a kid down, they had no business doing that.
6th period was good, and 7th period was off the chain. There is nothing about the school they like, nothing about the teachers they like, and they're all being negative constantly. Something is going on, and I don't know what it is.... its driving me nuts. I did finally get some of the girls to improve their attitude when I pulled out my "cool scissors". I have one girl who only has use of one hand, and she can't cut. She can't brace the paper very well, and she wants her work to look good. Usually I wait for her to ask, but she was having problems today and had been really rude to me, so I decided to give it a shot and offer. She took me up on it, and I remembered my electric scissors. These are by Singer, and you only need one hand to operate them. They are, literally, battery operated scissors. Singer came out with a new kind last year that are a bit more sturdy and not as loud... so the discount stores had these for 99 cents. I picked up 3 pairs, but 2 of them were stolen. I keep this pair locked up... and what a difference they made today! They were COOL... everybody wanted to use them.
Okay. Enough. I talked to my supervisor about upcoming field trips, and he gave me the go-ahead for planning trips for our info tech quarter, and we're looking at 2 small special trips for those that are truly into IT, and then a trip to a factory to see how they use machines to run a factory for the rest & the lower functioning roups. It looks like we're going to take the Herr's Factory tour... Herr's is a potato chip/snack company in Lancaster, PA. That kinda made the day a little bit better, and so did my swim...

The whole weight thing though... I count calories, I've seen a nutrionist, I don't know how WW would be any different, Ginny. There is definitely a medical reason, and I'm on all kinds of medication to help. I could almost deal with it if I was fat all over, but the kids are right when they say it looks like my rear end is up front!
Now, its late, g'night.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:09 AM   #248  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!

Pam- sounds as though your week got off to a good start. Your kind words to Mouse really touched me too......you were so encouraging, and this weight loss journey can be so darned bumpy. I hope your throat feels better.

Mouse- ok, I do not know how WW could be all that much different, but I do know that sometimes a fresh perspective can be helpful. Again, the materials are yours.....and Elana and I can walk you thru the process. As far as food comsumption goes, I do know that certain people do respond to a different balance of foods- there was one WW member I know of who had plateaued because she was not eating the right balance of foods for her- as a matter of fact, her diet was so fat free, they told her to add some healthy fat. It worked for her...... I do so hope that your day today goes better for you. It has to be hard on you getting up each day and knowing that you might face another day like the last. Hang in there....you are a blessing to your students (and us too!).

Got up and kick boxed. Busy day today....won't be home until 7 or so.......see ya later! Hi to everyone i missed.
Ginny
Old 02-16-2005, 09:22 PM   #249  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Sorry I have been missing in action lately. I was emotionally drained from this weekend fighting with my dh and it also being that tom. Then I have three alternate assessments due on March 4th and I am trying to collect and compile all that data. Plus I am working on my IEP testing since I have to write those by the end of March. So I will be stressed out a little from now until the 23rd of March. Then I can relax a little while we have a week off for Spring break the next week. Good news I lost two pounds in all this mess. So I was pleasantly surprised when I got on the scale last night and it read 196 1/4. I was happy. Well I better go and try to post this. I will come back and get personal with you if this posts.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:20 PM   #250  
Swimming Mouse

Well, I guess it can't hurt, Ginny. My reproductive endocrinologist thinks that there might be some element of malnutrition going on, because my insulin level was really, really high when she first saw me... It was 150, and a normal insulin level is around 5-7, high normal is 17-20. That means that my body wasn't using any of the food I was eating for energy and was storing it ALL as fat, because that is what insulin does. It breaks the food down for energy, and whatever isn't broken down properly or used, goes to fat. The more sugar or "white stuff' you eat, the more insulin your body produces. I admit that before this all started, I did eat a lot of white stuff: bought mostly italian bread, ate white rice, didn't eat a lot of vegetables, and didn't work out on a strict schedule. I did exercise, but between the time I hurt my ankle and the time I was diagnosed it was hit or miss, because I mostly just taught swimming on the weekends. I also drank lots of Pepsi or sugary drinks.
But since August 2001, I've been tracking what I eat, and slowly changing my eating habits. There is no regular soda in the house, the freezer has Lean Cuisine and sugar-free ice cream. I eat salad almost daily, and more vegetables. I do eat white rice still, but not as often as I used to. I buy whole-wheat pasta. I'm taking a multi-vitamin, and drinking more water. Mostly no caffeine. The bread in the freezer is whole wheat or whole grain rye. The nutrionist told me I needed to drink more fluid, any non-caffinated, calorie free beverage; more protein, and more fiber. I've been making a good effort at it, but it doesn't seem to be hlping. She also suggested I try not to eat below 2000 calories per day, and I'm not doing badly at that either.
Exercise has become more of a chore recently, but I'm not sure why. I enjoy swimming, but I'd rather come home and sleep.
So, I don't know. Maybe I just need some time off and to go away for a weekend or something. It is harder to work year-round with the kinds of kids I teach.
The other thing I keep trying to remind myself is that I HATE February. It has traditionally been a bad month for me: I hurt my ankle the first time in February; if something bad is going to happen at school to me professionally, it will happen in February. There was something else I was going to say, but I don't remember what it is right now.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:02 PM   #251  

Hey everyone!
What a day! I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ready for the weekend to get here. Not that I'm wishing my life away, but seriously.......
I have felt so horrible the past two days. I finally went to the doctor today. I sat for over two hours to have her tell me to use a throat spray. Guess what? I have a sore throat. I wouldn't have gone if I didn't feel so terrible. I cried all the way home. Plus it is time for my my "Aunt Flo" to come visit......Just give me some midol........
I have just been plain old bad today. I ordered girl scout cookies from a student before we started dieting. They came in today. Let me just say those thin mints didn't stand a chance. Ok, so I didn't eat a box. I could've...I have locked them in my trunk. They will probably melt or something stupid. I haven't really been able to eat, so I have inserted my pepsi iv for the evening. It's terrible............Can't tell you when the last time I excercised. Last week I couldn't. This week it seems like I really could care less. I need to get out this rut I'm in. It will lead me down the wrong road.

Mouse: Sounds like you've had another day from ****. I'm so sorry. Wish I could make you feel better. Sending you a hug!

My kids were off the hook today. My first period outnumbers me 33:1.
Mostly girls, girls who never want to be quiet ever. I didn't even get to do the lesson I had planned cause everything else took so long. I told them Monday to expect a quiz today, well you would not believe the mess I heard today. Well, I can't remember.(We spent part of the period reviewing, going over homework, etc....) Well, I'll just guess, I'm just not going to bother... I said well if you would have studied like I asked you too.....They are supposed to be advanced. My second period acts like they've just been released from prison. I have to take them to the cafeteria. It's a constant, shoving hitting, smacking, tripping, running episode everyday. It's just ridiculous. And fourth?????????God help me when the weather gets warm......I don't even know where to begin with that group. So, I won't even go there today. Maybe it's just not feeling good and PMS, bad combination. These are the grouchiest, rude, kids I have seen in a long long time.

Ginny: You are too sweet. Did you finally get your dishwasher installed?
Sounds like you've been excercising like you should. Send me some energy.
Let me get to bed. Tomorrow is a new day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerry: I'm in the process of doing an alternative assessment also. Fun,
fun fun!
Let me get to bed.
Pam
Old 02-17-2005, 07:11 AM   #252  
burned out bus driver

Lets just say I have the dishwasher from **** story........came online to pay a bill.
Be back later!!!!!
Ginny
Old 02-17-2005, 10:57 AM   #253  
burned out bus driver

ok, this has to be short......the dishwasher is in.......but he broke the stove doing so.
Doesn't get any better than this. Kids were MONSTERS yesterday and today.....mean nasty bus driver me broke up all their little social arrangements.....oh their faces this am were priceless as they found out they were not sitting with or near any friends.
Oh, well......gotta go. be back later.
Ginny
Old 02-17-2005, 05:46 PM   #254  

Hey!
Tomorrow is Friday! Actually today was a pretty good day. Can't complain too much. Still have a sore throat, but it will be ok. I am happy to say I lost another pound and a half! Yipeeeeeeee!
Ginny: Sure you didn't pay that man to break your stove? What were you saying about matching appliances???????????? Kidding. Sorry the kids were so nasty today. Sorry bout the stove too! On a bright note here, oldest son got a job today. Two prayers answered! Yeah!
Time to cook supper. Be back later!
Pam
Old 02-18-2005, 03:03 AM   #255  
In search of my waist

Default Mia

Hi Everyone!

I've been MIA. . .it's this grad class I'm taking. I just finished a project for it, and have a paper to write. . .and then my thesis. My exercise has been non-existant for the last couple of days, and i'm feeling yucky because of it. I have a few minutes before bed to figure out how to juggle these well. . .because I'm not right now.

btw---school is going well. the kids are being good. . .
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote