Old 01-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #136  

Red face

Hey!
Back to work today! I was convinced when the alarm went off this morning that it was Sunday. I hit the snooze until about 6:20 when I finally realized i had twenty five minutes to be up and out the door on the way to school. Oh well, such is life. I heard on the radio today according to some psychologist, that this was supposed to be the most depressing day of the year. Nice thing to hear first thing Monday morning when I was already running late. Didn't let that dampen my spirits. I decided to clean out my closets and drawers this weekend and get rid of any clothes that were too big for me. My husband commented that he couldn't understand why I always complained I didn't have anything to wear when I was getting rid of so many clothes.

All day Saturday I was really wanting to eat Chinese food or KFC or something. I kept telling myself NO I AM GOING TO BE GOOD! My husband came home from work and told me that he had eaten Barbeque, fried chicken and hush puppies which really irked me since I was really craving some ultra fatty food. He was mad because while we have been dieting and walking I have allowed myself one to two hershey kisses if I really want a piece of chocolate. I figure hey well I didn't eat the whole bag ......I am still losing weight. He has been losing and regaining the same pound and a half I think.
So he decided well she can eat her hershey kisses I'm eating what I want. He finally lost another pound or so.

We've walked every night and dressed in layers last night it was about 13 with the wind chill. My son, had on two coats and looked like the little boy off of that movie A Christmas Story.(the little brother who is so bundled up he can't even put his arms down.) I was thinking of buying the Watp video, but I just really like the fresh air from walking. Kind of clears the head. Won't bore you anymore. Haven't really had any adult conversation today. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow.
Pam

By the way: I am going to try the daily reward system and see how that goes. I have been sending out good work notes to some kids and it seems to be a positive step. We'll see!

Last edited by pamisuzinc; 01-24-2005 at 05:38 PM.
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:09 PM   #137  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Well I was able to get my progress reports done this morning thanks to our two hour delay. I only had 4 kids today in school. So I was able to get everything done that I had set out to do today with them. I was amazed that we were able to do it all in a shortened day. But with three less bodies in the room, it sure does make a difference. Then tonight I went to Curves and used the ab lounger on top of doing my regular routine. God I am feeling my abs now! :0 Hopefully that will help out with tomorrow's WI at TOPS.
Ginny, I don't think you are unreasonable wanting to know where your dd is. My mom and dad still like to keep tabs on me and I am 31 years old. I still call and tell them when my dh and I are going away for a few days and check in with them once we get to where we are going or are back home. So I don't think you are asking too much from your dd. So did you finally catch up on your sleep?
Mouse did you enjoy your day off? Did you make it to the gym?
Pam, I dearly love my WATP tapes. I bought my tapes at Wal-mart. I do a two mile walking video every morning before I go to school. But I know what you mean about the fresh air clearing your head.
Hi to Robyn, Summer, Elana and Paisley. Hope you all started the week off on the right foot!
Well I am tired after my busy day today. So I think I will close and go to bed early.
Talk to you all tomorrow.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:13 AM   #138  
burned out bus driver

Interesting, Mouse. Neat thing about Adelphi (neat for Dd if she is smart about this!)
they offer a 5 year teaching degree with an MS. She would be a fool if she did not go for this option, but then her decision making seems to be rather flawed these days.....but you did bring up one problem with the area, most of the teaching jobs are in the city (hazardous duty pay applies!).

Dh stayed home with a bad cold. I have a lot of 1/2 day trips to do, midterms and regents. So I'd better go. Have a good one!(possibility of a snow day tomorrow......would not bother me one bit!)
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:04 PM   #139  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey Ya'll........

Who the heck knew that I would be gone for so long?! It CERTAINLY wasn't / isn't cause I've got so many brains to get back in order....

I am literally LOSING my mind!

car issues, Walmart sitting, snow day / heater issues (we've been blessed in both of these departments!), snow delay (special arrangements for my sons), sub plans, homework for week, class newsletter, report cards, laundry, dinner, all day training session, fighting yet AGAIN with sons sped teacher, fighting with sped son who has exams this week, taking to advocate, housework, dinner, laundry, school plans, son's birthday plans, birthday gifts, other son's homework, gradelevel newsletter, alarm set wrong, trash day, cat box ISSUES, spilled chocolate milk, kitchen floor, table, cabinet, son's clothes never got dry, bad hair day, chocolate milk son - earache, son's birthday! (13! a teenager!), traffic!, school problems, active/loud school kids, school nurse re:son's earache, emergency sub plans, call to dr., no one to cover my class so I can get son with earache, inclusion kid melts in chaos, secretary comes to cover my class so that I can leave...........

that brings me to 11:30 this morning.

diet? exercise? take care of me? do something nice for me? sleep?

ARGGGGHHHH!

I think I need to see a psyshrink... but SADLY.... *THAT* won't fit into my chaos!

My dh saved me yesterday.... He not only finished cooking dinner, he went out and finished buying kid1's presents. He *EVEN* got a birthday cake for the TEENager! We will have a family celebration tonight! (for the birthday child...NOT that dh came thru! Actually..hehehe...perhaps *WE* will celebrate that dh came thru later! ) ANYWAY... ds has requested his "favorite" meal.... canned chicken thrown in a pan with chicken / mushroom soup....with some broccoli thrown in...served over noodles... SAD, isn't it??? THAT is what my 13 year old son LOVES (more than anything else) that I cook! I guess the good news is that he didn't ask for frozen pizzas....one year his brother did... I guess heating the junk in the pan *IS* cooking!

I miss you guys! I haven't even had the chance to READ what is going on with all of you! I know that you are working hard and doing great! Keep up the great work!
I'm off to take the kid and his earache to the dr. He looks horrible.... Mother of the year sent him to school....

enough of my babble...Aren't you glad that I stopped by?!
Anyone have any words of wisdom for helping me get the roller coaster to slow down long enough that I can CONSIDER spending time on ME??? WAIT... let's wait until after the TEENager finishes his exams... I most definately don't have time to worry about getting in my 90 (are they NUTS???) minutes a day in!!!

Send me good kharma and some peace and quiet and some BORING days, PLEEEZZZE!
Miss me, cause I sure miss all of you!

take care,
Robyn.... the MissingFatChick!
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #140  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Robyn so glad to see you are back. Sorry it took your son getting sick to get a free moment to post. Hope all is well with your son. Sounds like your life is still in fast pace mode. Are you ever going to slow down? The pounds sound be melting off of you the way you are rushing around so much. You asked about finding time for yourself to do some excerise. I do my watp tapes first thing in the morning and that helps set my mood for the day. Enjoy your birthday celebration tonight. Tell your teenager I said Happy Birthday!
Ginny, sounds like your oldest is getting a taste of some freedom and she is loving it against her parents best wishes. I hope she starts seeing that you and your dh only have her best interests at heart. I am sending you a couple of hugs. Hope your dh is feeling better.
Hi to everyone else! Hope your day is going great!
Today was the second day in a row I had to work since Jan. 14th. So I am feeling really tired tonight. It was nice to be off for those days and get stuff done around my house, but I sure did miss my kids. They were okay today for the most part until after recess. They got to go outside and play and they were hyper the rest of the day. Atleast the sun is out and melting the snow. Watch we will now be closed because of flooding. LOL Well I better go and get some paperwork done before my kids homework time is up. I will post later with my results from the great WI tonight.
Later Gators,
Kerry
Old 01-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #141  

Hey Ladies!
It is definitely a full moon! My day started off with two boys rolling around the classroom floor in a fistfight before the tardy bell rang. One of the boys is a large kid and a female students said 'MAN THAT WAS A LOT OF CRACK AND IT WASN'T PRETTY!" This same student who is so lovely and thinks it's just fine to belch as loud as possible in the middle of class had another belching episode. I said" Well Gee, that's attractive. That will attract a good boyfriend there." She said" Well, I do have a boyfriend and let me tell you he is good!"
Twelve people in second period didn't have their math books. Someone from my second period was caught smoking in the bathroom. ( He was supposed to be washing my tables in the cafeteria.) Three of my kids in the last period were pulled out and searched for drugs, I got a new student who made it quite evident that he didn't want to be there. IT'S ONLY TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day! Hope everyone else had a better day.
Pam

Robyn,
I was born and raised in Virginia Beach, although I live in Carolina. I'm a Virginia girl at heart! You are a trip!

Last edited by pamisuzinc; 01-25-2005 at 04:43 PM.
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 05:47 PM   #142  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!

Robyn- first of all, honey, you can't lose something that you never had..............I meant your sanity. Ok, nuff of the cheap shots. I feel for you, big hugs your way. Sounds as though you are up to your eyeballs there with the world collapsing, or at least spinning in an unnatural direction. I know how that goes, when you have one of those time periods when you are literally almost begging to get sick, just to have a good reason to stay in bed! Can't tell you that it will slow down.....but I agree totally with Kerry. You have to make even a 15 minute workout a priority for you. Oh, I grumble PLENTY about getting up early and getting that tape in- but it gets rid of so much of that ugly stress. (and I have plenty of that!) Hang in there.....vent.....and you know you are loved here. And we do miss you!

Kerry- I am hoping for another great weight loss week from you! How did the WI go?
Sorry you are a bit tired this evening. (that was me last nite....could barely see straight). Sorry your kids turned into tornadoes this afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. It is tough with all these snow days/ half days etc....getting back into some kind of normal schedule. You are so right about my Dd. Oh she is feeling independant.......well then I wish she would also accept the responsibility for her independance!!!! Like cracking the car into a tree and knocking off the mirror. Ok, guess it was too much to expect some gratitude for all the nonsense I went thru so that it could be repaired. (she will pay for that incident). I should not complain- I guess. She is bright- got a 4.0 last semester- and can be very responsible. And much of her behavior is a backlash from the breakup with her former Bf (a lot of what she is doing is to "get even" with him). It is just hard to see her lower herself to some of the stupid things she is doing. But I guess that is what being a parent is about.......to some extent. All I can say is I would much rather have the sleepless nights from teething or earinfections or 2 year old temper tantrums. But I have no choice here. And I agree with you about the am workouts. They do certainly set the tone for the day. (but it is painful to get up early......when do you do your am workout?)

Aw, Pam, sounds as though you earned your keep today. My Dd's former Bf used to have a line if he saw a less than attractive "butt" hanging out........"Crack Kills!". (he did have a good sense of humor). Hope you can detox this evening and recharge your batteries. And may this full moon PLEASE pass quickly! Tomorrow's another day......hope it is a good one for you!

Today was not too bad for me, although I got little done other than work. Drove an extra 2 hours, and with Dh not feeling so great. Oh well. Kiddies on the bus were ok.
Had an issue with 2 5th graders... I have been on a slow burn with them for weeks- watching them get louder and more obnoxious day after day. SO, they sat in row 1 today. (Oh, it was great seeing their faces drop after all the cr** they have given me!). And I had to listen to the one beg for her seat back (sits in the back row, usually). No I am not mean, and was able to logically explain why she was up front, safety, safety and more safety.......a boring but effective argument.
guess I'd better go check up on dinner. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 01-25-2005, 05:49 PM   #143  
burned out bus driver

OPps!!!!!!!!! Hi to Mouse, SUmmer, Paisley......hope to hear from you soon.
Note to Mouse- I am sure glad that Imp is behaving herself, 'cause RC is still Lunar.....looney......whatever. She runs around the house like a nut case most of the time.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:32 PM   #144  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

double ear infection...chewable antibiotics...and a 9year old who said and I quote..
"Thanks for caring about me, Mom!" and then kissed me on the cheek and told me and again I quote..."Thanks for coming to get me and taking me to the doctor and getting me my medicine." Wow what a SweetBaby...don't tell him that I called him that..He'd DIE! LOL

The TEENager seems so happy and greatful for his "celebration"... His father's gift selections went over VERY well! He hasn't stopped grinning yet....

I ate cake. ..and I am sorta sure that it wasn't very good. I'm not too sure tho...cause well...I inhaled it. I'm very regretful...typical of me.....that I ate it so quickly AND that I kept eating it when I wasn't thrilled with the flavor.

...getting ready to go bust Mr.13's bubble.... He has a Civics exam that MUST
be addressed tonight!

Pam, I live in Gloucester...an hour or so north of VaBch. Where in Carolina are you? And I bet you can guess where I'd live if I had my way.... We vacation in Buxton as often as possible. Again after hearing about your day... I will state: My family would starve to death if they had to rely on me to teach middle school! GAWWWD bless you for going to work every day! (You've got me humming "Smokin in the boys room...." LOL)

Kerry, I had been getting up at 5 to do my workouts.... but when I don't go to bed until midnight (cause I'm doing school junk...OR having a moment to myself!) I was sooo tired! I will try to regroup... and get it together... I KNOW that you are right!
Keep up the great work! Your progress is very inspirational!

Ginny, Your message to me made me grin. LOL You KNOW me, don't you?! Hang in there with your daughter! My college years were the hardest in regards to me and my mother relating! She will realize that you are right about EVERYthing in about 20 years! LOL Don't you just *adore* those 5th graders...ewww!

Summer, Mousie, Paisley! Hope all is well... I still haven't taken time to read all the posts I've missed! Hope you're ok!

*Paisley..no more wild boars chasing you, I hope!
*Mousie... I MISSED your stories about your trip to see the "cooking guy"...I will have to go back and read how it all turned out! I'm hoping that there are no FULL moon stories hiding from me!
*Summer, Missing you! What publication were you on the cover of? Congratulations!

I'm off to go study *MY* 7th grade civics junk! whooohooo!
take care,
(((hugs)))
Robyn...theMissingFatTeacherChick..who is trying to get her poop together!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:51 PM   #145  
burned out bus driver

Robyn, sweet pea, you passed 7th grade civics already..........! You do make me laugh. Gotta love and I mean totally LOVE your kids today.....bless the 9 yr old for being so kind to his very deserving (and desparately in need of some love!) Mom.
And to your 13 yr old for wanting an easy dinner (I have 2 kids like that too!) and loving his bday presents. Enjoy it......and your wonderful kids. Bask in the day, it is a Kodak moment in time. And I know with the 5 am wake ups for workouts....how 'bout deciding to do it 4 out of 7 days (to give you a break on really bad ones?). Heck with the 90 zillion minutes, 40 times a week or whatever the new guidelines are. ANY start to an excercise is good, as long as you do just that START. So, pick your easiest mornings (no meetings the nite before, or whatever......) and try for them. And think of Kerry and I sweatin' it out at 5 am, sister in sweat!
Gotta scoot and finish the dishes.....oh will my dishwasher please fix itself!
Nighty nite.
Ginny
Old 01-25-2005, 10:13 PM   #146  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

The charters of the Virginia Company of London guaranteed the colonist the rights of Englishmen AND the Virginia Declaration of Rights served as a model for the Bill of Rights.

The kid knows EVERYTHING on the study guide nearly word for word. How he remembers all this crap is beyond me, BUT...hallelujah, he does! (Maybe a GREAT 7th grade Civics teacher?! ) (AND my kid has been warned to NEVAHHHH (in my best Scarlett voice) belch at school again!)

AND for the record.... School House Rock works! He knows the Preamble to the Constitution as LONG as he can sing it! AMEN for what works!

Ok... It is 10 o'clock. I've done NOTHING for school. I've got to start the dishwasher and prepare my old body for bed.... the alarm is set for 5. I WILL get up. Leslie will be my cheerleader in the cold darkness of it all. And I WILL GET UP. AND I WILL GET UP. AND I WILL GET UP. When it all hits me like a ton of bricks...no matter what "it all" is. I WILL GET UP. The cake doesn't taste good. I won't be tempted to taste it again. (I'm telling you THAT is a nasty cake!) I WILL GET UP. Lunch is in the freezer. Dinner is planned. I WILL GET UP.

They *are* good boys. Today was truly a monumental day in our family. Our tiny preemie is 13...and about an inch shorter than me! He thanked me again "for the day" on his way to bed!

Thank you. I AM UP!
You and Kerry will be in my head and heart tomorrow at 5FREAKINa.m. as I move!
I AM UP!

(((hugs)))
meeeeeeee...sending ALL my good thoughts to Ginny's dishwasher for a "healin"!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:51 PM   #147  
KAR

I am in Onderland. I am so happy that I lost 2 1/4 pounds this past week. So I am so happy that I could dance. Well I best be off to bed so I can get up in the morning at 5:30 to do my WATP video. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Kerry
Old 01-26-2005, 04:41 AM   #148  
In search of my waist

Kerry--CONGRATS!!! you rock!!! (I'm doing a quiet happy dance with you)

Ginny--wishing your dishwasher well, and that hand washing isn't too stressful

Pam--I seriously hope your kids calm down as the moon wanes

Robyn--congrats on the awesome kids!

I am up late on a school night. . .don't know why but I'm having whe weirdest dreams. . .and can't sleep.

This morning I woke up an hour early dreaming that this science teacher I don't like much (it's his 1st year, but he treats his colleagues with disdain; and he ripped out all the lab tables and teaches science through lecture; he only takes 1 of his pds on field trips--b/c the others "can't pull their own weight"--and tells them this!) was made our principal. . .and the only other person who annoys me at school was to be in my room with an air horn to blow each time he heard me say things he didn't like. It was quite the nightmare! So, not a lot of sleep last night, and tonight doesn't look good either.

That said, I walked today. . .no hills though, but I know I went 2 miles. It was relaxing. I'm trying out some yoga before I sleep tonight--nothing tough just little things I remember from class, maybe it'll help me go to sleep.

take care all!

Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:46 AM   #149  
In search of my waist

oooh, and I had to tell you about my cool idea. . .I got one of those little add a link charm bracelets--I don't know what they're really called--for X-mas. And I've decided to use it as a subtle way to track my loss. I figured that each charm can = 3lbs. . .so it's mostly blank, but now has 2 charms on it cause I lost 6 lbs since January 1st. When I lose another 3lbs, I'll add another. It's cool, cause they sell cute ones at the swap meet for cheap, and because when I look at it, it reminds me that I've got a goal. so far, it's helped this week when I wanted to splurge--it helped me choose no cookies or other desserts, and to avoid the ice cream.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:54 AM   #150  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!
Aw crum....a 2 hour delay. I really, really wanted a snow day..... So it is off to work in a wee bit.
UPDATE.........just got the call......NO SCHOOL!!!!
Be back in a bit.
Ginny