Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 01:17 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

It's 1:15. I should be leaving to get a walk in before work. All my clients are late in the day today but it will be a longer night than normal. It was nice to have the morning to myself though. I took a long sea salt bath and had a great breakfast. I'm still not hungry! Making a spinach and steak salad for lunch. I'm so calm today it's strange. Normally I'm a live wire. I don't know what it is but I feel very centered and calm. I also feel like sitting down and doing nothing though. bad, bad, bad!

For all of those waiting for cold weather and snow..it's warm enough for shorts here. Doesn't feel like Christmas season at all. Not that I'm complaining! Last months electric bill was enough
Old 12-08-2004, 03:34 PM   #62  
stormy1

Miechimish,

I am sorry to hear about your mom. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Going through a situation like you are is physically and emotionally draining. Please try to take of yourself!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:12 PM   #63  

Hi everyone!

Michimesh - so sorry to hear about your mom. My prayers are with you and your whole family. Good to hear that your mom is young enough to rebound - keep your spirits up!!!

I am doing pretty well today, food wise. I don't really have a set meal plan as of right now. I am on the WW Flex Plan, which allows me to eat whatever foods whose total points add up to be under my point limit for the day. So I'm basically just trying to eat more well-balanced meals, with more veggies and fruit, and drinking lots more water!

My top three accomplishments:
1. Earning my BA and MEd and maintaining a 4.0 for my senior year.
2. Staying at my job through the tough times, and learning that I'm there more for the work that we do than the money we make.
3. Accepting my weight problem and deciding to actively do something about it.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great day. I'm headed out with my roommates to celebrate them finishing classes and student teaching. I'll try to be good! Talk to you all later!!!!

Kelly
Old 12-08-2004, 07:10 PM   #64  

Michimesh I just said a prayer for your mother and family.

My greatest accomplishments:
1. My marriage and 2 wonderful children
2. The impact I've made in the lives of many of my students
3. How the Lord is using me to impact others

Well, since I'm not really following a particular weight management program I'm interested in seeing what has been working for you ladies.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:32 PM   #65  

Hi everyone! Looks like it's a hectic day, because it's slower here I did okay today. I had a pear to celebrate my walk around the lake today. It was a struggle to get it done. I think the detox bath wiped me out! I rewarded myself with a pear. It was so sweet I couldn't eat all of it! I had a salad for lunch and am getting ready to have some roast and veggies for dinner. I also picked up two new clients today. I guess it was a good day all around.

Tomorrow night BF agreed to go see a christmas play with me. I couldn't believe it...he went from one extreme to the other. The guy is close to perfect! Anyway, looking forward to getting dressed up and going out on a weeknight I thought I was too old for that

See you all later tonight. Kelly, yeah for you - sticking with your plan!!! Glad it's working for you!
Old 12-08-2004, 07:34 PM   #66  

Hi healthy! I was a slow typer tonight, missed your post!! Glad you're doing well!!!! You'll find a good program for you - I think we're pretty diverse here. I like that about this group!! Lots of variety
Old 12-08-2004, 08:12 PM   #67  
stormy1

Little grasshopper, your BF sounds like a keeper!

Healthy, I do not follow a particular program. I just try to eat keep my calories under 1500 and I allow myself one day to eat whatever I want. If I try anything too structured I would probably mess up. I am trying to make a "lifestyle change" and not diet.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:20 PM   #68  
stormy1

For all of you busy women, here is a dinner that I cook often. It is low cal, low carb and very yummy! I make a stir fry using chicken breast, broccolli, mushrooms, and pineapple. I then add a little soy sauce. For you rice lovers, I don't know any of those around here (ha,ha) you can also add rice. I do not b/c of the carbs.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:50 PM   #69  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Hi everyone!!
Sorry I haven't been on much today- I spent the whole day running errands and finishing up loose ends for school. Then I came home and finished the slide show. It took about 3 hours but it is done and ready to be shown at our Christmas party on Friday. I did one really bad thing today- I had a hamburger so I am mad at myself for that.

Michimesh- I am sorry to hear about your mom but I am optomistic that she will get into remission. I have put your mom on my prayer circle from church- hope you don't mind. I am so impressed with you staying on course and trying to diet while you are under stress. really- you should be so proud of yourself- and you sound like you are such a source of comfort and strength for your family. If I can do anything to help- just let me know.

stormy- thanks for the tips- I always need some ideas so keep them coming- also thanks for sharing your daily food diary.

Little grasshopper- It is so great you and your bf will get to go out and see a play- it sounds like he is bouncing back. Also- good job on your walk You are doing a great job this week!

healthy- I am in the same boat as you- I think I need to be on some program- for now I have been just trying to eat well and follow the American diabeteic recommendations.

kjk- Congrats on finishing up! A 4.0 your senior year??? WOW!

red balloon- just hop in when you can and let us know you are OK. Have fun in HK!

Okay folks- I better go- I have packed a bag to take with me to the gym after work tomorrow and I am going to work off that stupid burger!
Tomorrow I work all day so I will be on after I get back from the gym after work.
Tomorrow is "have we been getting off our rears?" day..
How about exercise tips for tomorrow?- I know I need some and maybe your routine will benefit someone else. Also- give us some idea on the amount you have exercised since last Thurs.
The question for tomorrow is:
My biggest short term goal is ...?? Can't be weight loss because I think we all have that goal- I am looking for the other things in your life that you strive to conquer...

Have a wonderful night everyone!! Thanks for all the support and encouragement!
Old 12-09-2004, 03:28 AM   #70  

Hi everyone. I hope you all are doing fine. I know I haven't been around the last couple of days. Ive been doing overtime and I just have been too tired to get on the computer. I'll catch up on all your posts in the morning..

I have been doing well I've been staying within my 1600 cals. I bought some Healthy choice meals and they are pretty good...just not enouh. I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast, a cup of lettuce and cucmber or carrot with a little vinegar or plain, and a healthy choice meal for dinner and for snack some saltines or a piece of fruit. I've been going to the gym for thirty minutes on the treadmill I wanted to try the aerobics class but I didn't have time before work. I've been doing well. I'm so proud of you all and myself for sticking in there and giving it another chance at losing this weight. I was down all last week but when I see how you all are just motivating each other every single day it seemd so possible. you know, I buckled down and wrote out a list and got everything I would be needing for the week I got my gym bag prepared and I can honestly say that I am in control of this. And I can lose weight. It's not hard, you have to eat healthy and get some excercise. It all seems so real to me. Before I joined this team I haven't been to the gym in weeks. I wasn't motivated. I feel energized now, everyday because I'm eating healthy and I'm working out. And I feel like I'm losing weight already, my stomach is slowly going down. I feel like a new person. I thank all of yall for being here. I've never been apart of anything like this. I feel blessed.

SW155
GW130
CW157
Old 12-09-2004, 08:26 AM   #71  

morning everyone!! It's cold here today. I know, it's suppose to be but yesterday we were using the A/C and today the heater!

Stormy - great recipe!! I'm going to try it one day!

Cinisha - I'm glad you're finding the motivation to move forward with your program!!! And I can understand what you mean about finding it so motivational reading what everyone else says, the night I rejoined, I did it kicking and screaming. I knew I needed to do something, but I didn't feel motivated enough to start...but then I read some journals and found this board and was suddenly ready to get started! I don't know what I would have done with out this group!! It's the highlight of my day!

okay, exercise - I have walked 8 miles since last Thursday. Completed my belly dancing tape (lots of fun - I want to take a class now!) and stretched daily and done ab work 3 times.

Right now my biggest short term goal is to get some foods back Jan 6th. If I have been really good, hopefully my body will be able to handle more foods and I won't be so dependant on rice. The last time I was tested I could almost have oats. I want another food!! That will also mean my body is getting healthier and stronger. The thing is that I have to be really good (including over Christmas) or I could lose a food instead of gaining one! Don't want that!!

Everyone have a great day!
Old 12-09-2004, 08:50 AM   #72  
stormy1

Crimegirl, don't be too hard on yourself about that hamburger!

Cinesha, I agree this is a great place to stay motivated. Keep up your good work.

Little GH, keep it up!

My workout this week has consists of alternating days of weights. I work upper extremities one day and lower the next. I do cardio five days a week which is either elliptical trainer or Tae Bo. I also walk about two-three miles three times a week, but I can't today b/c the rain is back I also work abs everyother day. I try to work out twice a day, once in the AM and once at night for 30 minutes each time. This gives me more energy.

My short term goal is to make it through the holidays without gaining weight. I have to make 4 dozen cookies this weekend to bring to a cookie exchange party Sunday night. So my really short term goal is to make it through this weekend because I also have that other party Saturday night.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:59 AM   #73  

Morning all!

Cinisha - I couldn't have said it any better myself! This board is so motivating, I love knowing that there are other people out there in my same situation that have the same struggles and successes as I do. Let's keep up the good work in motivating ourselves and each other.

I haven't really worked out much in the last week. I've been really bad about that. I'm trying to fight the food battle first, and then add in some exercise once I've gotten that under control. I'm hoping to get back into working out some time next week. I'm going shopping tonight, and I'm going to get some new fitness DVDs and a scale, so that I can actually share my progress.

Better get working...hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!

Kelly
Old 12-09-2004, 02:33 PM   #74  

Hi everyone!! I am just checking in...still not feeling well-very busy at work and at being sick!! I am tired of feeling like this and want to get some energy back soon!!

I love this board too, but just am not up to fully particpating yet...sorry everyone!!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:02 PM   #75  

Hi everyone . I didn't make it to the gym today, but I did well eating. I missed breakfast this morning but as soon as I got to work I got a bagel and split half with my co-worker. and the rest of day I did fine. no cravings at all I ate my 2cups of salad and my fruit and I'm fine I feel great.

Little grasshopper, what program are you following? Your doing good with your walking I can only do thirty minutes on the treadmill but hopefully I can do a little more next week. You have a lot of energy girl...you go!

KjK, Your already making progress just by eating better. Keep up the good work.
Jazzimine, I know you wish you could be at home getting better but we all have to do what we have to do. Hope you feel better soon.

Michimesh, I know you are going through a lot right now just stay positive and leave it all in the lord's hands. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

my greatest accomplishments:
1.My wonderful son
2.I went to school to be a court stenographer and it's a great skill that most people wouldn't want to do but it's fun and I hope to go back next year.
3.being a strong, independent woman and always able to take care of myself.

my short term goal is to make some extra money to pay off some bills.

Last edited by Cinisha1; 12-09-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Closed Thread