Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #31  

Hi everyone...I just might be back amongst the land of the living...the jury is still out though

I am reading everyone's post daily and trying to keep up, but at this point, I can;t even keep up with my family, so I feel like I kinda lost a week.

3 thing I would take:

Mel Gibson
A fully stocked boat with enough to return when we wanted to
Birth Control-Stole that from oraki-ya just had to remind me didn't you?? -Great idea, but when I read it I spit my water on the PC screen!! Ya should warn people ya know!!
Old 12-06-2004, 11:05 PM   #32  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Good night everyone!

Okay, I am exhausted so I am going to bed-

To clarify- I don't mean have anyone's body in a biblical sense- just whose body shape/size you would like to have or someone who works out/or you admire. You crazy girls- all that time on the island rolling in the sand with boys has gotten to your heads.

Glad you are back Jazzmine- we have missed you!

Susanne- you are a good friend but tell that friend to not enable you. I know what you mean though- my bf "forgot" I am on a diet and showed up with Krispy Kreme donuts last night- I made him throw them in the trash and he got mad at me. C'est la vie!

kjk- spaghetti sounds good- good for you getting your veggies in with the salad.

stormy- you are a better person than me- I am getting my masters and I am gone. They have tried to talk me into staying for PhD but they are wasting their breath. I bet your program is hard...
better you than me my friend.

little grasshopper- how many dogs do you have and what are their names and ages. My dog is like my child- his name is Charlie and he is a 35 pound half border collie/half cocker spaniel. I swear he is a little human too.

oraki- good for you exercising!!! You go Girl!

Ok- well I am going to bed- as I said earlier- I have to work tomorrow so I will pop on quickly there and then post much more at night.
Have a wonderful night full of sweet dreams everyone!!
Tomorrow is a fresh new day to keep doing the good things and forget the bad.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:28 PM   #33  

Wow!...You threw donuts away?!?!?!?.... I think you are now my hero for life!!!...thats better then escaping with only one cookie!!!....

off to study more.....

Last edited by susanne; 12-07-2004 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:49 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

mornin everyone! I agree whole heartedly with the friends feeling us thing!! I'm all for it but don't make us fatter while you feed us. Sometimes I think it's the fact that people don't like change. They'll do whatever it takes, unconsciously to stop change from happening.

oraki - glad you're feeling better! I'm going to follow your example today!

Stormy - the icecream is actually "ricedream" ice cream. It's made with brown rice, tapioca flour and some other stuff. It's natural, sugar free and additive free. I found it at wholefoods. I've only tried the vanilla and I love it!!!! It has no wierd after taste or anything. You CAN tell it's not real at first but after the first few times you have it, you'll never know the difference. also it freezes a lot harder than regular icecream so you end up eating less because you're taking much smaller bites.

kjk - the speghetti sounds wonderful! Good for you on the salad. and on the bright side, you're not feeling deprived, so you have extra encentive to do well today

Susanne - you're almost at the end of the tunnel!! Hang in there - you can make it!

Okay, Crime Girl - I'll behave myself now...I guess I'd like to have Julia Robert's body. Maybe not RIGHT now - after just giving births to twins....but over all she seems strong and healthy. Also she's taller and I'm a little tall. I like that she doesn't seem lanky. Oh and I had her hair in highschool - so I'm almost there, right??
Old 12-07-2004, 08:08 AM   #35  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi there people, dead tired, still cleaning the room, have not even packed yet and must leave tomorrow. Was working mostly up until the last minute. Ugh.
Yet, even though I'm sucking on some hard candies I passed up bad food after bad food today. Where normally (these days) I would succumb to the temptations of ice cream and whatever, today I just said no. I guess being busy helped.

I got to ride today, yes, I have a horse, a tough little 10-year-old mare, part Haflinger, part don't know, maybe Quarter. This is why I am working constantly and I fear I am way in over my head. Then again, I refuse to give up. I just want to continue riding and with this horse and at the place I'm at, one of the top in Japan, which doesn't mean all that much perhaps seeing as Japan is pretty low on the totem pole when it comes to dressage but it just takes one good place.. . .Ok, won't bore you all.

crime girl -- i will do the scale thing. Just wait till I get back from Hong Kong. I WANT to do this now. I feel I can do it again. Something is clicking. Today, I just started thinking "AS IF" as if I were already the svelte, toned, strong, woman I will be . . I mean I AM and I think that really helped.

Oh, as for the body I want. . . maybe Raquel Welch, younger and now when I'm that age. I don't look at women's bodies all that much and I like a athletic body than what you see on celebrities and such so I don't really know. Maybe I should go with one of the Olympic athletes. Don't know many though. Oh well, say with Raquel or some athlete.

Don't be jealous of my horse, crime girl. Make it your goal to get riding again. I have always loved animals and horses from the time I was a little girl. It's strange, I just love being with them, around them, they're just such magnificent creatures. . . oh gosh, there I go again!!

little grasshopper -- Sounds tough with your allergy diet. cool on the marathon training. I was doing that for a while, then must have broken something in my foot, because I had to lay off for a few months. I was running too much though and my weight was too heavy. All treadmill stuff. But marathons are neat and this is the land for them. Good luck! I know what you mean about the great body, no life. Training takes so much work and you can't just blow it with nights on the town and NOT look like it. Oh well, maybe some compromise is best (a word I hate along with "moderation") but I tend to do things in the extreme and then fizzle out quickly.

I think I will be able to check in here and post while I'm in H.K. I'll be at the press center (am covering the international horse races) so will have free Net access and free phones (to anywhere!) But my brother is flying over from Seattle just to meet me, first time I'll see him in about 5 years or so! Hurrah! Hoping I can relax a bit. Will keep you posted I hope. Thanks for being here!

kjk -- belated Happy Birthday!! and good luck on restarting on your weight loss goals. Never give up!

susanne -- how are you doing? still stressed? did you get to the gym? I can't believe you only had ONE cookie!! is that possible? I wouldn't have thought so! Wow, you are utterly amazing!!!

oraki -- hello! I don't know how to post pictures, don't have a digital camera. Hmmm. Tell me how, maybe I can post something someday. heh, hope you feel better. what do you think's wrong? Maybe coming down with something. Don't worry. Just kick on and you'll get through it, whatever it is.

OK, really must run. Anyone I missed, a big hello! and best of luck!

Bye for now.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:21 AM   #36  
stormy1

Talking

Good morning. I hope everyone has a great day and resists the evil sweets. I just finished up my morning workout. I am so happy to see that the rain has stopped...atleast for the time being.

Susanne...keep hitting the books, you are in the homestretch now. Also I found this on another post. It is instructions on how to set up your ticker. Go to [url]www.tickerfactory.com and fill in your numbers for weight loss. Then you'll want to cut and paste the code for "vbulletins" into your signature. To do that, go up to "quick links, and select "edit signature," then cut and paste it there. You'll have to repeat the procedure every time you want to update your weight, for as long as you want to keep the ticker in your sig. Hope it helps!

As far as who's body I wouldn't mind having I would like to go along with the other girls and say Brad Pitt...just kidding...I think Angelina Jolie has a great bod.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:38 AM   #37  

Good morning People!

I am down to 24 hours before my exam... so forgive me if I dont respond personally to each of you...I'M A LITTLE STRESSED!!!...(my grade is terrible so far ..I have to pull it up or I wont graduate).

I am sitting on the same pound too and I have been good and worked out every day....man I hate that!...I keep telling myself that I can kick butt at the gym after the exam.... then for the weekend...it will be my other huge challenge which is working 11-7 without pigging out at 4am....no small feat....

Does anyone know of a very low calorie alternative to milk?... I am drinking a lot of coffee which I love with lots of milk...all that milk adds up to a ton of calories by days end.... any ideas? ...Im trying to cut calories where I can and hte milk thing could be equal to cutting out a whole meal by simply switching to somehting else....thanks..and thanks for putting up with my whining....

a body?....I'm still open to anyone who is a size 8 or under...preferably a 6...
Old 12-07-2004, 02:23 PM   #38  

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great day!

susanne - I tried the one cookie thing with my rice cookies last night. It worked Could be just because they're rice, and you're still a superstar
Glad the exam is almost over. What class is this for? How long until you know your grade. I swear everytime I took an anatomy exam I was terrified I failed it and always did well. Hang in there. If you can stick to studying like you've done with chicken salads, you'll be great

As for low carb milk alternative.....you guessed it - rice milk You'll have to compare it to the milk you're drinking...it has 110 calaries per serving (1 cup) but the breakdown of the calories looks like this fat 9, carbs 4, and protein 4. Also it's brown rice so it's not doing anything to your blood sugar. There is also almond milk too and don't forget cocanut milk. Don't think I'm too wierd but it's got TONS of healthy stuff in it and it fights cancer like a champ and you can buy small cans of it...very sweet too. okay, there's the weird options - I'm sure everyone else knows about the low cal stuff. I can't look at the calorie side of the box, I have to look at the ingredients side....

I decided today that I need to add more rice to my diet. Don't laugh at me just yet. Even though I know all of these products, I'm not eating them. I thought I lose faster if I stayed away from them. But I really miss them a lot and if I remember correctly I lost a ton before while eating almost nothing but rice. (myfavorite was rice crackers with almond butter ) Anyway, I need a comfort food and rice is all I got right now. So I'm cooking some tonight veggies and rice for lunch tomorrow OMG I'm excited. Crime girl, do you know the 1st step of the 12 step plan.....it might be time!!

Reballoon - have a great trip. it sounds exciting!!! Especially to get to see your brother while there too! Enjoy it and i hope you get to relax. We'll all be excited and waiting for you to get back so you can start huffing and puffing your way to your olympic body!

Stormy - THANKS for the ticker instructions. I'm going to try again. How is your program going today?

Crime Girl - you're mia????? we miss you! Hope you're doing well.

If I've missed anyone HELLO!!! And I hope you're having a great day!!! mrm
Old 12-07-2004, 03:25 PM   #39  
Trying or Dying

Default From work....

I can only write for a second because I am at work today and have been so busy I haven't had a minute to write.

Hope everybody is doing well today- it sounds like it from your posts!!
Little grasshopper- I might have to get you into that "rice eaters anonymous class" soon! WOW- still , it sounds like it is not so bad for you so at least it is a smart choice!

Red Balloon- glad you will be able to stay with us in HK. Are you a reporter?? What do you do for a living- sounds like you get to travel and I bet that is a lot of fun! I will still be jealous of your horse but that is OK. As for posting your weight- totally up to you- you do what works for you.

susanne- good luck on your last exam! I know you are going to do great! Don't stress too much! For an alternative you can get nonfat non dairy creamer in all kinds of great flavors - I like Hazelnut!

stormy- great job with the morning workout!!

Okay I better go- I won't be on until later tonight because I am building our slideshow for my office Christmas party that is this Friday!
I am doing pretty good today except a little fudge
Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!
Oh- by the way- got one of my grades for my two classes and I got an A!!

Last edited by Crime girl; 12-07-2004 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:10 PM   #40  

Hi guys - I was given these facts while in school and they really made me realize how amazing the body is, and that by taking care of ourselves we can acheive great things within it!! And of course, that no matter what the packaging, we have amazing bodies!!!! I hope you enjoy!

Except for your brain cells, 50,000,000 of the cells in your body will have died and been replaced with others, all while you have been reading this sentence.

The adult heart beats about 40,000,000 times a year. In one hour, the heart works hard enough to produce enough energy to raise 1 ton a yard into the air.

Scientists have counted 500 different liver functions.

There are nearly 45 miles of nerves running through our bodies.

Messages travel along nerves as electrical impulses. They can reach a speed of 248 miles per hour.

In one square inch of skin there are four yards of nerve fibers, 1300 nerve cells, 100 sweat glands, 3 million cells and three yards of blood vessels.

Most people blink about 25 times a minute

Each square inch of human skin consists of twenty feet of :blood vessels

Every person has a unique tongue print

The average human will pump 48 million gallons of blood in :their lifetime

The average human body contains enough: Sulphur to kill all fleas on an average dog, Carbon to make 900 pencils, Potassium to fire :a toy cannon, Fat to make 7 bars of soap, Phosphorus to make :2,200 matchheads, and enough Water to fill a ten-gallon tank.

The tooth is the only part of the human body that can't repair itself

Our bodies are recreating themselves constantly - we ,make a skeleton every 3 months, new skin every month. We are capable of reversing the Aging Process
Old 12-07-2004, 04:32 PM   #41  
stormy1

Little grasshopper, cool facts!

Susanne, hang in there. You will do great!

Crime girl, what are you wearing to your party Friday. I have a dressy party Saturday night and none of my clothes fit. So now I have to go out and buy a new outfit in a bigger size, which is really depressing. I hate to have to spend a lot of money b/c I do not plan on having to wear it again b/c this weight is coming off.

Oraki, are you feeling better?

Red balloon, have a great time in Hong Kong. I would love to go there some time.

KJK, how are you doing today?

Well I hope everyone is doing great today.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:47 PM   #42  
Trying or Dying

Stormy-
I can wear casual clothes so jeans and a Christmas sweater that I have.
Don't sweat buying an outfit- It will be motivation to lose and in the meantime you will have something nice to wear. Maybe you can buy something that will look good even after you lose- Good luck!
Old 12-07-2004, 05:50 PM   #43  

Stormy - you can always get it altered when you hit your goal. Buy something you really like, that makes you feel good and hopefully it can shrink with you
Old 12-07-2004, 06:41 PM   #44  

Hi there everyone... I just sat down for a break in studying. Thanks for the tips on low fat milk alternatives. I plugged it into google and foudn a good chart.

http://www.ohiohealth.com/healthrefe...gory=questions

You can cut and paste if you are interested. WHole milk has 10 calories per tablespoon and the flavored non fat non dairy creamer...has 38 calories per tablespoon. So there is no fat but nearly 4 times the calories! I had no idea. Right now I am drinking falvored coffee as I found it has no real additional calories and its tolerable.

off to study more.... my semester doesnt end til the 20th. This is my 4th test and then on the 20th is the final...then I have 4 weeks off.

I'll check in later...
Old 12-07-2004, 06:41 PM   #45  

Hello everyone! Day two and I'm still doing well. I can't chat for long since hubby is cooking dinner an it smells wonderful. He doesn't normally cook. Maybe he feels sorry for me since I'm ill...hmmm....he's probably just hungry and tired of eating out .

Time to fill up on veggies! Will try to write more later.
Closed Thread