Old 12-16-2004, 06:35 AM   #31  
I can and I will do it!

Good morning girls and thank you for the sweet welcome.

Sheila I got my screen name because I am a candle maker. I had a candle business back in the 90's with my dear Sister and we had a ball making candles. Then in 2000 she got cancer and passed away four yrs. ago on Dec. 9, so I closed the business it was too hard to go on without her there. I still make them for myself though. So that is the story behind it. You sure have a beautiful little Grandaughter, I have my fingers crossed new baby due in June is a little girl.

Bluet I don't want all the snow, just a little dusting. We usually have one or two episodes of ice usually every winter, now last Winter we had a beautiful snowfall on Valentine's which was very unusual. We are having very cold temps now though but no snow.

I am off to Ft. Worth this morning to finish my Christmas shopping since I don't have Grandson to take care of today.

Have a great day...Diane
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:15 AM   #32  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Talking 9 Days till Christmas...

Goooooood Morning!

Okay, so I'm away for a couple days and look what I find... someone new has joined us.

*Welcome to our humble thread Candlelady/Diane!*
It's always wonderful to see someone new join in. My name is SunnyD also known as Donna ~ I am the baby here I am 47 (soon to be 48 in Feb) & have been married 29 yrs and we haven't any children (not by choice ), but do have 3 boys: Domino (8), Guido & Zeppe (2 & brothers --- our kitties)... I happened to stumble onto this thread when Bluet lost her way one day & I helped her. These wonderful ladies have asked me to stay and I have truly been blessed by knowing them since. It will be great getting to know you as well... I use to make candles years ago! I even got a candle making kit from Santa when I was a child and continued making them into my teens, but haven't since I married in 1975. I love candles!! That is so cool that you make them... what a wonderful craft. I use to go to Curves and did enjoy it, but I have severe IBS and Colon problems and would find myself becoming ill each time I went, so I had to give it up for now. They put me on hold, so that if I want to come back next year I can at the same locked in price of $30 a month. Hope you are enjoying it there. I sure miss the people I grew to enjoy... I walk now on my T-Mill and also do the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's... although I must admit, that the last two months have been difficult for me to stay on a reg. routine... I have been getting some walking in, but haven't logged it or been regular. I hope to get back into the swing of things again right after Christmas.

I'd be glad to send some snow your way I am originally from 29 Palms, Ca and they got snow a few weeks back! 2-3"!! So it's not impossible. But believe me... after you had to go out a few times to shovel it or snow blow it you may think twice about wanting it around. My Joe's back really hurt him after he finished that morning... it was very wet and heavy! Good snowman packing snow... the kids loved it!!! You should see all the snowmen in the front yards here Again *Welcome!*

*~*~*

I am feeling much better --- *Thank you all* so much for caring!!! I am still feeling very tired & just a little sore, but otherwise better... and still have so much to get done. Just gotta love all us Type A's, huh... work till we finish & do it well... We have a Family Christmas Party this Saturday and I still have so much to finish up before we go!! I'm not even close to being finished... all I can do is my best. We also have Joe's work Christmas Party this Saturday too... that's at 11am and then we go to the family one at 3pm.

Now, now... ... you girls must stop your fighting about the houses You are all just too funny!!!! I love the last home I posted too --- it's my favorite. I told my hubby that I hope to have a home just like that in heaven, cuz I know I will not have one here on earth Here is where we will stay... I have a few pictures I think all you gals will enjoy of my Guido sitting in my humble little Christmas village setting... as soon as Photobucket comes up again I will post them.

*~*~*

Okay Bluet, I will do my best to keep the snow this side of the lakes I checked the thread last night before I went to bed, but was wayyyy too tired to post... don't know how you posted after midnight!! I am a no good to anyone after 10pm & last night I was barely up till 11:00 (!) - I got involved in a *Law & Order* show.

Me too.... I have cleaning still to do! Joe had the day off yesterday and we left the house at 10:00am and didn't get home till 5:00pm. Our first stop was to visit Joe's sister & her hubby... they are moving back to Fresno, Ca. (they don't like the cold & snow here) and we wanted to stop by for some last minute hugs and to give them a Christmas gift. After our visit with them (now 12:30pm) we left for the first of five stores... whew (!) was I ever tired when we got home. While out shopping Joe bought me a DVD to watch while he and his buddy, Mike, went Christmas shopping for us ladies... wasn't that sweet of him! He knows I enjoy classic movies and this one was made in the 1940's titled *Beyond Christmas* --- it was pretty good. It wasn't the best I have seen, but I loved the thought that Joe got it for me

Isn't that movie *Christmas Story* the best!!! Joe & I just love to laugh together watching it! We also really enjoy *The Santa Clause* (with Tim Allen) & *The Santa Clause 2* We own them all on DVD and enjoy them every year. Sounds like you had a wonderful day on Sunday - don't you just love going out to breakfast after church? Fun, fun, fun! At least you have begun your cards --- not me I hope to get them started today! Did you get yours all done?? And the Christmas Play sounded super, it's been years since Joe & I have gone to one. When the nieces and nephews were young we went all the time... now we wait for their children to be old enough to go see them. So adorable... gives you warm fuzzes to watch them, doesn't it

Survivor: you are right there... allot of lying, but that seems to be encouraged lately in the shows... sad but true. Do anything to win!

Hi Angel, I am so very sorry to hear that your DStep-Father has passed on!!! How very sad My heart, love and hugs go out to you, your Dear mother and your family! How sad that it happened so close to Christmas... again, I am so very sorry! *Prayers*

I am glad you enjoyed the snow pictures... we got 19" all together!!! Allot!!!! Yesterday it was sunny but cold (20*) and it looks like we have another sunny day today too (now 23*). I will see what I can do in getting a pic of me throwing a snowball your way

Hi Sheila, you asked about the movie *The Polar Express* --- yes, there are a couple spots I thought may frighten children. One that comes to mind right off is the scene in the train car where there are puppets hanging and I felt that the Scrooge puppet (among others) was scary... there were children of all ages in the theatre and all seem to enjoy it and none cried or left the theatre. I hope I have helped... sorry I took so long in replying. I hear that *Oceans 12* is great!!

As for Joe retiring... not till he's 53 will he be up for retirement, he's 51 now... so June of 2006 he will be up for it. But I think he may stay on with the company for another 2 years to make a better retirement wage, but Joe is still thinking about it. Someday's he wants to be done now (when he hurts), but then most days he loves his work. Yep, so far we do not plan on moving away... we love it here. Although, Joe has mentioned having somewhere else to go for a couple months of winter, but that's yet to come... we have lived here in Ohio for 29 of our almost 30 years. We live our first 6 months of marriage oversea's (Joe was in the Navy still). Then came here to live. Joe was born here. Other then the winters being hard on him, we really do love it here. Once Joe cannot keep up the outdoors (hope many years ahead yet) what we hope to do is is to hire the kids that work in the park to do the jobs of mowing or snow blowing... I don't mind the questions at all!!!! Thanks for the interest in us !!! Joe wants to keep working after he retires, he loves to install surround sound systems (very popular right now with all the big TV's) and he loves his music --- so I am sure he will fill his time. He already sings for Weddings and Funerals allot now and it's good supplemental income for us.

Speaking of Joe... I haven't done any Christmas Shopping for him yet! I have never been this late in all the years we have been together - I am usually done by now. I am a little freaked out about not getting what I want to for him yet... wish me well.

*~*~*

Well gals, I really must be going. I am going to check and see if the Photobucket is up and running, so I can post those pictures I mentioned earlier... then I am off to get things done! I HOPE!

Loves,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:24 AM   #33  

Smile Pictures of Guido all nestled into my humble village...

He is such a good boy... so far they all have left my tree & village alone - yeah

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 12-16-2004, 08:32 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi, ladies!

Candlelady, working with your sister sounds like it was a lot of fun. I bet you miss her something awful. You'll have to show us a photo of some of your candles if you can. I'd love to see some. Are you going to find out soon if the new baby is a girl or boy, or do your kids like to be surprised? There don't seem to be too many people who want to wait to find out anymore. I kind of liked the surprise element. I think my GD is gorgeous, too, but then I'm biased. She's having a hard time gaining weight these days, and still isn't up to 25 lbs. yet, although she's getting so darn tall. My son said that after Christmas he's taking her to the pediatric GI doctor to find out about supplements. She's fed by G-tube, but her teachers are working on getting her to take stuff by mouth. She really hates it, though, even ice cream. Hope you had a good time shopping and didn't get caught in any traffic jams.

Glad you're feeling a bit better, Bluet. I looked at the TV paper, and the CSIs appear to be reruns. The TV paper has been wrong before, though. Of course, this is the time of year for reruns. Hope that SunnyD kept that snow to herself, and you haven't had to deal with any storms yet!

Oh, SunnyD, Guido looks so cute sitting in your village. He made himself quite a comfortable spot. My DH called me in the living room this morning to look at our big calico girl who was curled up with the presents under the Christmas tree. Thankfully, she hasn't eaten anymore of the needles, or if she has, she hasn't spit them back up! My oldest cat, who is 7, got into the toilet paper again. I can't wait until our covered toilet paper holder gets here. Short of closing the bathroom door, which I don't like to do because of air circulation, we've tried a lot of different things with her. Her TP fixation just started a couple of months ago. She doesn't shred it like the other cat, but she yowls at it, picks it up in her mouth and then drops it on the floor and picks it up again. She's very strange! I love the church in your village. I don't have a church yet, but I'm going to have to check them out.

Thanks for the recommendations for Christmas movies. I'll have to get some of those at the video store. I'm sorry poor Joe had to shovel and snowblow so much snow--what an incredible amount! I don't think we ever got that much when I lived in Colorado. From what I remember, at least in Colorado, the spring snows were the really, wet heavy ones, but it sounds like you must get a lot more moisture than we did in Colorado. Good luck on getting your gift to Joe--I'm sure you'll find exactly what you want.

Today I did my 45 min. of weight lifting and was totally alone in the gym until the very end. I do wish they'd fix the music, though. I enjoy lifting weights, but it's always easier with some music playing. When I was doing one of the machines, I forgot to check the weights, and it was harder, but doable. I usually lift 80 lbs. on that machine, but it was set at 100, and I was pleased that I could lift that much. I AM getting stronger!

So I haven't been doing that well with eating lately, and I noticed that I'm doing a lot of eating at places other than my table. I decided that I needed to quit that so I'm only eating at the table. Except then I noticed how many bites, licks and tastes (BLTs) I take when I'm cooking or fixing stuff. Now that can really put on the pounds, so I've got to wean myself off doing that. Usually it's not bad stuff (e.g., I ate half a pickle while I was cutting the pickle to put on my veggie burger), but I really need to stop that behavior. I'm rereading Dr. Phil's book, which is helpful in pointing out emotional eating and other sabotaging behaviors. I'm really hoping to make goal by spring.

Hope everyone had a great Thursday!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 05:37 AM   #35  
I can and I will do it!

Good Friday morning girls. I am ready for the week-end so hopefully I can get completely finished with wrapping and Christmas shopping. I didn't do well yesterday at all, of course when you are looking for one particular item they never seem to have it. It was nice though to spend time with my friend, since I babysit with Bradley I don't have much of a social life.

sunny thanks for the welcome. I do enjoy Curve's alot and also the people I have met there. I wish they would open earlier than 8 though, for I am such an early riser I would love to go at 6am and get through. Loved the pics, what a sweetie you have there.

sheila 45 min. of weight lifting, wow!! That is great. I only make jar candles Sheila, I will have to admit though they sure do smell wonderful, I have got a vanilla scent to die for.

I didn't get hardly anything done yesterday around here so hopefully I will stay busy today and away from food. I have all the sweet stuff gone from the house. I sure will be glad when the holidays are over so maybe I can get back on track.

Have a great day....Diane
Old 12-17-2004, 09:35 AM   #36  

Can someone help me find a forum? I am looking for basically, a No Diet Approach forum. I was told the 3FatChicks had one? But, I can't seem to find it. I want to learn to eat less, drink more water, and move more............HOWEVER, I am not going to be on a DIET! DIETS have made me FAT through the past 25 years! So, if someone can direct me to which forum or thread that I should use, please let me know. My e-mail is: [email protected]
JoAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 05:32 PM   #37  

Good Evening,

I won't be home this evening ladies, I am babysitting next door. DD and SIL are hosting their company Christmas Party. I hope it doesn't run too late I really want to get a lot of things done tomorrow. The guy on the radio just said it is the last weekend to shop before Christmas folks. Well, I hope this folks has her shopping done.

Sorry I didn't post last night, I am working on those pictures I spoke about for the kids for Christmas. DH and I estimate the picture of the house is about 100 years old and the picture of DH's Dad with his horse is about 80 years old. I found frames that are about 12" x 14" that have 4 individual frames inside of it that swivel on pivots, you can put a picture on the front side and the back side of the smaller frames, and then swing the individual frames around to see the pictures on either side. Did you get that? I don't blame you if you didn't.

I will check in with you all tomorrow, it is time to head home from work. And I am not stopping at any stores on the way home. I stopped at Wal-Mart and Shopko, last night. Oh what a mad house, I can't believe so many people are still shopping as if they just started their Christmas buying. I don't like stores and shopping to begin with, everytime I turned the cart around I was in someone's way or someone was in my way.

Have a good evening ladies. Charlotte, thinking about you. Sunny and Sheila, hope all is ok with you. Diane, I tried to send some snow your way, but it wouldn't budge.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 11:17 PM   #38  

Hi!

Charlotte, hope you're doing okay, and that you're taking good care of yourself during this stressful time.

Candlelady, what other scents did you make? Right now I'd love for my house to smell like gingerbread, but I really don't want to make any. On TV, the other night I saw on ad for a candle that changed color--was kind of strange, but pretty. That's too bad that your shopping trip didn't go as well as expected. I guess tomorrow is supposed to be a huge shopping day. I'm glad you got to spend time with your friend, though.

Bluet, do your kids own the company? If so, what kind of company? I can sort of visualize those frames, but I've never seen anything like them. Where did you find them? That's going to be such a special gift. All right, you have a Shopko store--I love Shopko! We had one in Boise, but I've never seen one here. I like Shopko so much better than Target, which is the closest store to my house. When my grandmother was alive, we used to take her to Wal-Mart when we visited. One time we went to Wal-Mart three times in one day, and once a day all the other days we were there. My grandmother loved to shop, but she didn't pass the shopping gene onto me. Because of my neck problem, I have a hard time with the cart, too, and either run it into people or displays--it's truly embarrassing. Luckily, my DH does the weekly grocery shopping so I seldom go into stores anymore. The other patrons are happy about that!

SunnyD, hope you had a good Friday!

After water aerobics, I went to see the instructor's new house, along with about six other ladies from class. It's a 40s brick bungalow and the perfect size for a single mom with kids who are about ready to leave the nest. I also got my hair cut today. I told my stylist that I wanted something different so she chopped it all off. I love it! You'd think I'd do that in the summer, but the urge just struck today. On the drive there, I saw four cherry trees starting to bloom. I think the warmer weather last week fooled 'em. Boy, are they in for a surprise when January rolls around! I do hope they'll bloom again in the spring.

Have a good weekend everyone! We've got a bunch of errands to run tomorrow, but since we're not going to a mall, I hope the traffic is okay and the places we're going not too crowded.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:23 AM   #39  
I can and I will do it!

I am up and at them early this morning, got alot to do today. Speaking of WalMart that is where I am headed just as soon as I get off of here and get ready. I hope to be there before 6am, the crowds will get there early today and I want to beat them. I used to work in the Pharmacy at Wally World for 9 yrs. so I know all about that mad house.

Sheila I made several scents, some of my favorites were: Apple Pie, Nanny's Kitchen which smelled like I was baking something really good, Honeysuckle, and several wonderful Christmas scents. Christmas was our busy time...it was fun and I have such wonderful memories of Sister.

Bluet pictures and frames sound really nice. That is ok about the snow. I did hear on weather major front is coming Wed. with possibility of flurries. I doubt very seriously we will get any but at least it is going to be cold on through Christmas. I just hate it when we have Christmas Day in the 70's and that has happened alot.

Have a good Saturday girls and I hope you do better with your eating then I have.

:merry:
Old 12-19-2004, 07:42 PM   #40  

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the kind words. It's been a long, rough, few days. I'm so glad they're over. I'm mentally & physically tired. I get Remicade treatment tomorrow, so I'll sleep for a couple of days!

I'm so far behind, that I won't try to catch up...but, I did read the posts. Sunnyd....loved the pics. Everyone else...loved the graphics. I'll try to stop in tomorrow night, after a little sleep.

Again, thanks. Love you all.
Charlotte

Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 08:38 PM   #41  

Smile Pictures of our Decorated Home

Here are the pictures you all asked to see --- sorry there are so many,
but I wanted to show you as much as I could...

Pics: *Our Tree * Domino with Christmas Mouse *
More decorations * Our front door* Tree at night*

Old 12-19-2004, 08:50 PM   #42  

Smile More...

*Our Livingroom* Our Dining-room Table * Our Boys: Domino - Zeppe & Guido * Holy Family * Looking out our Porch Door - see the ice and snow? * Side Table & Teddies * More decorations - Sofa table * Our Decorated Entertainment Cabinet * Last one for now --- my Joe --- putting up decorations --- such a cutie, if I may say so myself

Old 12-19-2004, 09:17 PM   #43  

Smile

Hi!
I see that you all are very busy with the Christmas doings too It's been a whirlwind here --- but fun. We went to a few Christmas parties on Friday & Saturday, but all our plans for today were stalled out with another SNOW storm! We have over 2 FEET of SNOW in our yard!! Today after we got home from church we just ran an errand our elderly neighbors for groceries they needed and couldn't go out to get because of the weather... and then we parked ourselves at home. We spent the day together reading the Sunday paper and watching some Christmas movies --- nice . That's why I thought I would post the pictures tonight because I will be gone all day tomorrow (weather pending) and all day Tuesday & I will be gift-wrapping for Joe on Wednesday; then Joe will be off on Thursday and Friday & we'll be baking bread for our neighbors and all our friends at church... we usually bake off about 12 to 14 loaves of home-style bread as gifts.

*~*~*

Forgive me if I do not touch base on every point to each of you, but Charlotte, I just wanted you to know that you have been on my mind and very much in *our* prayers!

Diane, How did your Wal-Mart shopping go?

Bonnie, How are you fairing up? Have all your shopping done? I still have to shop for my Joe (I did get a few things) & finish my cards Hope that you are feeling better!

And Sheila, last... but never least... how did it go for you at the Mall? Did you make it though the traffic and crowds okay? I had a great few days, just so very fast-paced! But at least I am well

*~*~*

Well gals, I will touch base again as soon as I am able to, okay --- know that I am thinking of you even though I am not able to always post. My boys are pestering me to death right now - they want to be fed, so off I go.

*God Bless you all very much!*
Love,
SunnyD / Donna :merry:
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 12-19-2004, 10:21 PM   #44  

Hi, everyone!

Those scents sounds wonderful, Candlelady. So how did shopping go for you?

Charlotte, sleeping for a couple of days probably sounds pretty good to you. I hope it's a restful sleep. How's your mother doing? Does she understand yet what happened? How was the service?

SunnyD, love the decorations! That angel on the top of your tree is beautiful, and I particularly love the other angel decorations, too. So where are the boys going to hang out once the holidays are over? A relaxing Sunday sounds like just what the doctor ordered after all the hard work you've been doing. So what kind of bread are you baking? Yeasted breads or quick breads (not sure what those are called, but I'm thinking pumpkin bread, stuff like that)?

Oh, I never go to the mall after Thanksgiving, and seldom during the rest of the year. We went to one of the neighborhood retail areas. I made a list of all the places we had to go and what we had to get, and checked them off as we completed the errand. All in all, we ended up going to 11 different places, and we were gone from about 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. Not a very long time for some of you all day shoppers, but it was a LOT for me. Driving in the car is hard for me anymore. We did get a sandwich at a deli and then went down to the beach to eat it. However, the fog had rolled in so you could only see about two feet of water. We decided to go to an overlook, but we couldn't even see anything except fog. Every once in a while, the top of the Space Needle was visible, then it would get lost in the fog again. A seagull noticed us eating so he hung around outside our car looking pathetic until we threw him some food. Seagulls are really quite smart--they knew we were good marks for begging! After we got home from shopping, we watched a DVD, then wrapped presents for a while and managed to get everything wrapped. Wouldn't you know it that after we got home and were tired, the fog disappeared and the sun came out? We were too tired to go wander around outside, but enjoyed looking at it from the windows.

Today I made our usual Sunday morning omelet, and we read the Sunday paper. Then, after washing my Dad's feet and changing his bed, my DH and I got to work on the house. We spent the whole day cleaning, and we're still not done. Going to be tired tonight! I made a Weight Watcher version of General Tso's Chicken tonight, which was really good.

Hi, Bluet! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Sounds like at least one of us will have snow for Christmas.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:13 AM   #45  
I can and I will do it!

SunnyD thanks for sending the pics of your beautifully decorated home. I enjoyed looking at them so much, you have been really busy getting all of that done. The snow outside just topped them off. My shopping went well at WM, got there before the crack of dawn. I have to return today to pick up a few more groceries I forgot.

Sheila sounds like you had a peaceful day of shopping, but that was way too long for me. I just can't shop like I used to. I wonder if it could be age??

Charlotte rest well, I know you need it badly..

Have a wonderful Monday.