Old 12-27-2004, 08:48 AM   #106  

Hi Beauties!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I sure as heck feel blessed. Ok, Sarge is emerging now. For those of you that pulled into a rest stop, as I have, it's time to get going again. This is the last week of puttering around. I want some reasonable goals out of you. You're mine come 1/1/05! No foolin' around! I don't want any pansy excuses. We will succeed! For those of you that have been doing well, let's step it up a notch. I expect more from you! If you're doing 25 crunches, I want 30. You get the picture. I'm the party pooper and the party is over.

Weigh in is next Monday. I also want one weekly goal that can not include drinking water. We're all going to drink! We're going to be better than ever, ladies. In fact, I'm thinking this time next year, we'll all be so skinny we should take a vacation to the islands to celebrate!

In closing, get yourself back in the game. No feeling horrible for what you've eaten over the holidays or for not exercising like you should. What's done is done. I say we start a tally and see how much weight this group can lose together. Should we say 400 lbs.? Maybe 500? What do you think? I plan on being a healthier and more energetic person. It's about damn time I do something about me. Remember, we can all do it! We're here to help each other. Now go forth with a reenergized attitude! I'll see you all Monday morning.

Forever your Sarge!
Bulging2Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:58 PM   #107  
Raindancer1

Salute Sarge!

Standing at attention...however, do you want me to let the cat out of the bag and tell all these frightened troops what a soft and furry kittycat you really are? Trust me ladies, the bark is bigger than the bite! Still, we want to lose the weight regardless, so we will all do what we are ordered to do. Otherwise, Sarge may have to call on Capt. CocoNut to help get you guys shipshape! Seriously, if you feel like I do, it is TIME to DO something that will show results. Let's get moving! I am starting with a morning walk on the beach (1 mile) 3 times per week.

Wonderful to hear that you are your old self, R! Lots of love to you and all...
Capt. CocoNut
raindancer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 07:57 PM   #108  

Default Yea Sarge!

That's what I like to hear! I have to confess, I've been on a bit of a rest stop myself. I hardly even exercised last week . However I have been sick with allergies or something. Today though I went out and power walked on my lunch break. I feel so much better! Even though I'm now coughing after that cold air.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We did. And I'm happy to say that although there was no official weigh in today, I did anyway and I have not gained back any of the 8 lbs. I lost! That was my goal last week...and throughout the holidays.
My weight loss tally for next year is to lose at least 60 lbs., preferably 70.

Well, goodnight ladies! I'm off to watch a movie with the bf. Take care and have a wonderful evening!

Lisa
ittybit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:56 AM   #109  

Default Snap out of it!

Come on, people! Wake up from your food comas! Where are you all? Don't listen to that Coconut from Paradise. She's spreading vicious lies! The only thing that's soft on me is my abdomen. Ahem, getting back to ya'll. You're all going to be mine. It's time to shape up or ship it on out. I want nothing but "losers" in my camp! No who's with me?
Old 12-28-2004, 11:19 AM   #110  
tired of being fat

Default I'm still here

Hi everyone,

I have been missing and its not because I was hiding, not because I was cheating, and not because I fell off the wagon. I let the Christmas blues get to me this year like it has never gotten to me before. I appologize for being gone, and am very happy that everyone is still here to listen to me and help me.

Sarge-- I am sooooo happy that you are back and ready to take names. I missed you . I am right there with you, ready for the new year and the new me. I am sure that everyone else will be showing up too.

Well, since I am already loseing weight, my New Years Resolution is to stay focused and stay on a workout program that I can handle. I think staying focused is the big one. Every year I say that I am going to lose weight......it never happens......This year I have already started that so I am just going to continue it. I am glad you are all here to keep me focused. Thanks in advance.

I did go to my meeting last night and lost another 1.6 pounds. Not sure how that happened sice I did over indulge 3 days this past week. Guess I didn't over do it as much as I thought I did.

Well, time to get my day started. I have to go to the stores and do some returns. That should be fun.

Have a happy and healthy day, all of you.
TTFN, Lori
umma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:37 PM   #111  
crazy4my6kidz

Default Let's Get This Party Started!!

Hey Beauties!
It's so nice to see you back Sarge! I guess we all needed a rest stop! Glad everyone had a good Christmas!
I will not weigh this week, my husband is calling it my "buy" week(like in football)! I know I didn't do very well over the last 4 days and I don't want to kick myself till after 1/1, so I will wait until Monday! I haven't done any exercise since before Christmas, but I will be doing my WATP in the morning. My goal for Dec. is 35 miles and I'm at 33, only 2 more to go! I was hoping to double my goal but am barely going to achieve it, oh well, I am doubling it for January! I also bought a book off of ebay- "Strong Women Stay Slim" about strength training. It was recommended by a lady who has lost over 100 lbs and says you can not lose weight without lifting weights and working all your muscles. Total cost, with shipping, was only 5.04, so I thought I would try it. At this point I will try most anything that sounds reasonable!
My goal for this year is to be at 160 by Aug. 30th(hubbys bday). That's around 80 lbs in 8 months-I really need to get in gear. My first goal though is to just get under 200! I live to see the 9's-239, 229, 219, 209, 199!! I was so close to seeing 239 last week, I know I would be disappointed if I got on the scale this week. Hopefully I can do well this week! We have one more family dinner tonight at a "ritzy" restaurant, before all the guests (finally) go home and leave my house in peace (as peaceful as it gets with 6 kids anyway!!) This restaurant has the most awesome food! I will try to control myself! I PROMISE!!
Well, I'm off............Why do guests think you have nothing better to do than drive them around to see "the sights"? I live in Idaho-there are no sights!!
Have a great day(or week if it takes too long to see all the "sights"!!)
Peace,
Kathy
gfmomx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:08 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Smile Good Morning All

I looked at my reflection and didn't get on the scales. The other day it said 279. SOOOOOOOO! This morning I had 1/2 cup of leftover mashed potatoe w/pepper & butter buds; spreading it as far over my plate as possible to look like lots (mind trick) and sliced thin & spread over my plate to look like more, 2oz of leftover (boy I'll be glad when they are gone) baked chicken; and 1cup of lettuce w/1Tablespoon of Ital dressing made w/ red wine vingegar & olive oil; and black coffee. Ate very slow and savored - am very satisfied.
Praying for God's help to get thru each day. Came here to help keep on the straight & narrow.
So onward Christian soldiers - as the song goes- this is a war, isn't it?
A war with our selves and food abuse.
Lets pray for each other that we get thru the day together even tho we are far apart. Love you all. Carol

Last edited by oldwriter; 01-02-2005 at 04:35 PM.
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:16 AM   #113  

Carol, my dear, let not your heart be troubled. You're right, it is a war. But Sarge here, is going to lead the charge!

We're all in a slump, a holiday coma, if you will. However, the new year will be our best yet. We're blessed to be on this earth for another year and we shall stop taking our bodies for granted. Now, if anyone is like me, I say this every year. So what's the difference? YOU!!!! Never before have I had support from a great and diverse group of women. We'll help each other get and stay motivated through the hardest of times. We'll cheer each other on when needed. And we'll laugh at ourselves. It's not like we haven't done this for the past few months but we're going to do this with a renewed vigor.

If you think it, you'll be it. We need to refresh ourselves. Carol, God will get you through but so will the rest of us.

Ok, beauties. I'm off to do my chores. Have fun for the rest of the week. Live it up. But remember, 1/1/05........YOU'RE MINE! Start planning for next week. Weigh in and long & short term goals on Monday.

Toodles,
Old 12-29-2004, 10:24 AM   #114  
tired of being fat

Default Good morning beauties

Hello everyone,
Well, I did some walking yesterday. We went to 4 different stores yesterday and probably walked a good 3 to 4 miles. I didn't do a regular workout because I didn't have time. I do plan on getting some crunches in today and maybe a workout as well. I do have to work tonight so that will be another walking workout.
For Christmas I got an ab roller, some hand weights, and 3 different workout videos. I am also getting a gazelle in the next week or so. So needless to say I plan on doing alot more exercise in the upcomming year. I am ready for Sarge to be here and get me into shape.

I also just want to say thank you for everyone still being here. It means alot to me to have you all here, keeping me accountable and focused. I am glad I found this site and a great bunch of women to chat with.

The next couple of days might be busy for me so I might not get time to come on here and post but after this week I will be here often. Can't wait till the new year to really start working on the new me again.

Have a great day.
TTFN, Lori
Old 12-29-2004, 07:48 PM   #115  

Default Hi Beauties!

I'm so glad to see everyone posting again! (Well, almost everyone!) I have to say I agree with Sarge. I think this year is going to be THE year, thanks to you ladies. I always say the same thing, "This time I'm going to lose the weight and keep it off" and everytime I either lose some and then gain it all back or I don't lose it at all. I've actually been doing pretty good the last couple of days eating-wise. Of course, the fact that I'm still sick helps. Don't ever move to Texas. My mom keeps telling me it's the "cedar-fever" allergies I have. Last week I went from a stuffy nose and sinus pain to a BAD sore throat for a few days, back to sinus and headache and now this week I've developed a painful congested cough, body aches, and still have the nose thing. Yuck. Even as bad as I feel though, I've still been briskly walking on my lunch breaks.
Well, I'm gonna go get my jammies on and get in bed. I want to be healthy and ready to do battle come January 1. Have a great night everyone and I will try to check back in tomorrow or Friday. Night!

Lisa
Old 12-30-2004, 01:54 PM   #116  
tired of being fat

Default hello

Hello beauties,

Well, I did a workout today. I did WATP power mile, and 110.....YES 110 crunches. I know I will be feeling it tomorrow. But thats ok. I know I will be sore form a good thing. Hopefully I won't be to sore to do another workout.

Lisa, hope you feel better soon.
Kathy, nice deal witht he book, how is it?
Sarge, can't wait till the first.
Carol, This is our year, we can do this together, I have faith in us all.

Tonight is my last night of being on the schedule for work. Then I will only be on call if they need me. More time at home will help me get better rest and better workouts.
Ok, so now I must go and pick my son up from his friends house so I will be back tomorrow. Have a healthy and happy night.

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-31-2004, 12:17 PM   #117  
tired of being fat

Default Tomorrow we start fresh

Hello Beauties,

Well, last night was my last scheduled night at work. I am sure I will still be there probably 2 times a week but it won't be as bad as normal.

I am so excited about tomorrow. New year......new us. I hope we all get back here and post, post, post. I miss you all, and I am ready for Sarge .

I am also taking my tree down today. I know I was probably the last one to put it up and I am the first one to take it down, but I just need the space. I am getting my gazelle in a few days (maybe a week) and it is going right where the tree is. I am also going to do more crunches today. Although that might be it for today since my calves are sore from the workout yesterday. I might try something light. Maybe.

Anyway, I wish you all a Safe, Happy, and HEALTHY New Year. I am staying home with my kids as I do every year.
I will type to you all soon.

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-31-2004, 12:42 PM   #118  

Default Clarification

Hi Beauties! Are we getting psyched?! I am. First, let me make a clarification. We are going to weigh in on Monday. That's the "official" kick-off to the year. Now, what I want you to do over the next 2 days is plan your meals, workout schedules and goals for at least the upcoming month. My husband is on board with me so we're measuring and weighing in together on Monday. Use Saturday and Sunday as planning days. Refresh your attitudes and mindset.

Lori, great job with the workout. My stomach hurts just thinking about 110 crunches! Lisa, I hope you're feeling better. Carol, are you hanging in there? And, Kathy, I'm with you...living for the 9's.

Please forgive me for rattling on again. But I just wanted to get my plan "out there" so it's real. I started journaling. I do it on the computer because I can type faster than I can write. My eating plan is to go lower carb. I just need to get some of this weight off then I'll start weening from that. We're just doing it smartly and not strict Atkins-like. I'm making menu cards so I can just choose breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I think it'll help with feeling like I have many choices. I'm also making a monthly workout plan and revolving it around my night-shift schedule. I'll need to figure that out, too, with the food. I guess I'll eat at work and not eat before I sleep when I get home. That'll be a BIG change for me. I'm used to eating at work and when I get home. My husband and I talked about not eating 2 hours before bed and I also want to increase my water intake. Pepsi's a goner but Diet Sierra Mist is in, but only once a day.

I look forward to tomorrow but more importantly, Monday. Enjoy the New Year, ladies. I know it'll be the best yet. Think about that island we're all going to next winter! We can do it! Best wishes for the new year and I'll type to you on Monday.

Last time writing at 29?,
Old 12-31-2004, 04:49 PM   #119  

Default Hi ladies!

I can't talk long, I'm heading to my parents for awhile and then home to start cleaning up the holiday mess. Just FYI for Sarge and anyone else....I asked my doctor about what to eat and her suggestion is to eat like you're on WW but get all your carbs from fruit and veggies, which should stay to about 20-30 carbs a day.
Well I'm off! Have a great and safe New Years! Hope that helps!

Lisa
Old 01-01-2005, 11:17 AM   #120  
tired of being fat

Default Happy New Year

I hope you all had a great, and happy new year last night.

I raise my glass, , and have a cheer, , for each and every one of us on here. This is our year. May you haev a safe, happy and healthy new year.

TTFN, Lori