Old 10-29-2004, 10:39 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi everyone

Susan~brrrreeeeeeaaaath...you will be fine missy. Too bad your sister couldn't take you to the airport. Buying a dress depends on the church you are going to. The Catholic church we go two, actually between the two are pretty lax in what eveyrone wears which is what I like because I don't always feel like dressing up. Wore capris for most of the summer when I went as well as a lot of others. You get a good mix of everything, from jeans to khakis to capris, skirts and dresses. I find it is mostly the older people that really dress up. During the holidays though they tend to dress up more also. But it wouldn't hurt to get one summery dress. Sitting on the beach with your love singing to you sounds so romantic!

Marti~you would think they would have more Christmas movies, maybe in a few weeks. I did see a preview today for another called Christmas with The Kranks. It looked kind of funny, kind of a Christmas Vacation type of movie with Tim Allen, Jamie Leigh Curtis, can't remember who else. I too thought The Polar Express looked cute. Would probably watch it on tv but don't think I would go to the show to see it, only because I don't have small kids. Although there are lots of adults who see kids movies all the time.

Jen~eeeewwww, hope you find what's under your porch. I know what you mean though. Before we moved we had some bunnies living under our house and we think one died under there. It was just horrible (the smell) in the middle of summer. Couldn't get under the house either to see. I am glad I went to Wally world early. I love kids dearly but when you get them in a big group like that, ugh! Just don't like all the screaming and yelling they do, I know they are excited but they don't have to scream and yell, or I don;t think they should. Found out the city Trick or Treat here was last night for all the businesses and such. DS came home and told me if I needed to go to the store better do it before 4. There were a total of 100 businesses participating which was cool but I avoided the area.

Mindee~nope girly not working-looks like you missed part of the link. : Hope you get it working, I am dying to see your hair! :0

Anyway, just checking in for a few minutes. Not sure if I will be checking in this weekend, too much going on and needing to get done. So I will wish you ladies a very...........

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!!!

Have a good weekend all!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-31-2004 at 10:48 AM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:11 PM   #32  
kitty Momo

Breathe???? You think that might help Cristi?? lol.....I don't know......kind of getting too excited to remember to do that,....

omg, omg, omg, omg!!!!! lol........3 full days to go. I haven't even asked my sister. I tried to today but never reconnected. Though I did go over to my dad's (where she lives too) and picked up some luggage.

Maybe a cute lil summer dress??? Maybe - I will go look. Need to pick up a phone card still....and get all the addresses together.

Exhausted right now. Wish I didn't have to work Monday -

Poor thing.......what ever is under your porch Jen .....

night
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 06:39 AM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Good EARLY morning ladies....

I've been home for half and hour and thought I would stop in real quick to catch up and tell you what went on today.

Ok, I was at work and I had a question so I asked the guy next to me.....well he's been really patient with me but he always has a tone which I try to put aside but today---he responded in a tone that made it sound like I was some kind of idiot and should have known the answer. So I look at him and say "Ok...you need to be more gentle w/me because you're making me feel like I'm one of the biggest idiots around." Then he said something which I wasn't listening to because I walked off to ask someone else. Then I see the supervisor take the guy in the back room and talk for who knows how long and before I know it he's working in a different area. Have no idea if it had anything to do w/what just happened or something else but I was glad because I was upset.

I have no idea if thats just his personality or what and maybe I need to learn more about how he is, but I was just not in the mood to hear it.

THEN.....(can you believe it?) One of the girls from the day shift who was wrapping things up asked me how things were going on nights. I told her everything was great and it's the same as days, but it's hard with my daughter. Then she proceeds to tell me how when she started she had trouble too and was so upset after awhile that she almost quit. Hmmm...that is to help me feel better???? (this was after my talk with the other guy so I was still upset) I just looked at her and said..."well, I don't see her every day...so it's harder for me" and I walked away. I must be expecting TOM to come anytime because I felt emotional.

NOW....the good news.
I come on to check my e-mail (Thank you Cristi for the e-card!) and I got a note from my sons mom w/pictures attached!! Now, I haven't seen him since he was 10...he's 15 now....what a difference 5 years make!! I was happy to see them. She's sending me a letter w/more photos. I would love to share them w/you all, but I can't show them on here, have to be through e-mail....I don't want to post his photos on the internet!

Anyway.......now that I have my little novel written here, I think I will head off to bed. You all have a great morning!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:35 AM   #34  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning, ladies,

Cristi - I'd love to go back to San Diego and maybe see Sea World while there. We were with some people who rushed us through everything when we were there in '91. But the place is simply gorgeous with lots of free stuff to do, as you know.

Marti - aww, how sweet you got pictures of your son! Yes, I'd love to see them, so send me a copy, ok? Too bad about the cranks at work.... sorry that happened to you.

Susan - 3 sleeps!!!!!

Jen - yep, we'll have fun in Danville! Hope dbf finds the corpse under your porch. We have put out poison for the mice - which are a given in the country - and there is one decomposing somewhere in the vacinity behind my dishwasher. Ewwww! Told Neal let's please do traps, so he put those out, but we haven't caught any more. Hope the little suckers stay gone!!

It's past 7:30 here, so I need to go call my sister. The scale is down 1 3/4 more this week, and I'm happy about that!

Have a Happy Halloween, Ladies!

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 03:34 PM   #35  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

arghhh its just past 1 and Im toast, I want to go back to bed so bad. But it will ruin my sleep for tonight.
Jen, In had a skunk who wanted to move into my yard once...that didn't go over too well....gaag
Im going to have to get some phone calls in soon I think,,,just never home to do that.
Susan, Im so excited for you....
Well we had our game today,,,our last game. This was the play offs, if they won we would be heading for Medicine Hat next weekend and the next over to Edmonton for privincials,,,but we lost. Tanner was exhausted,,,he played hard. Covered in mud, and well he was walking towards me at the end of the game,,,lip quivering,,,eyes shiny with tears. I had this huge lump in my throat, I could of cried along with some of the other players.
We went for lunch and had a nice talk about winning and not winning, went and bought a football holder thingy so he could practise kicking,,,so next year when he moves up to bantams he will have a better chance of geeting on. Saw a nice sweater for Monte so I got him one for Christmas.
Brandon won for best costume,,,did I mention that I even put a fake tattoo on his low back where his shirt and skirt didn't cover?
Well Im going to go do some shopping,
have a great day ladies...
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 03:53 PM   #36  
GmaTo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by da fat n da furious
Tanner was exhausted,,,he played hard. Covered in mud, and well he was walking towards me at the end of the game,,,lip quivering,,,eyes shiny with tears.
Doggone it! Give him an extra hug from me!
Old 10-31-2004, 01:00 AM   #37  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

real quickly, let me try this way to get the pic to show up. (then I will come back and post personals and what not)

click here
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 01:18 AM   #38  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Ok….it worked! Check out the link to see my new hairdo!

Jane~ I did get your Halloween card! Thank you so much!!!! Try the link that says “click here” that one works.

Cristi~ I didn’t know that the shot was for pneumonia until my mom told me when I asked her what that shot was for. Like I said, try the one that says “click here.” I made sure that it would work when I was not signed in, so I know that one works. The link is working now. Tommy calls me “red” now.

Marti~ We are making sure that we don’t take him out unless we absolutely have to. We have already dealt with a sick little one, but I know that if he got the flu it would be like 1,000 times worse! I know that it would keep my MIL and FIL at bay since I wouldn’t want my FIL to come over. He absolutely loooooooooooves ducks! When we get the extra money, we are going to redecorate our bathroom and turn it into ducks!

Susan~ a jellybean huh? I wonder how that got in there.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN LADIES!!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 07:14 AM   #39  
GmaTo8

Good Sunday morning to you!!

Hello.... hello .... hello?? Quite an echo in this empty room!!

Angie - I'd love to see a photo of Brandon in his costume! Hope you get some much needed rest today.

Mindee - the photo of your Brandon is adorable! And I love your hair! Do you feel "sassier" with that color?

Sister Maggie and I drove down to Evansville yesterday. One of those spur-of-the-moment things. She needed kitchen curtains, and I needed (ok, WANTED) another purse from Famous-Barr, and we had fun.

The wind was so bad yesterday, it blew apart the strips of a sheet metal HUGE shed door! Sounded like a bad accident when it hit the ground.

The kids and grandkids are coming over for vegetable soup and apple crisp today. Looking forward to that....

BBL,
Old 10-31-2004, 10:40 AM   #40  
One day at a time

Default Good Morning Ladies...

and a very HAPPY HALLOWEEN too!!

Didn't think I would have any time to get on but lo and behold I am here. I hate this darn time change-went to bed at 12 which was really 1 am and woke up at 7 which was really 8-UGH! I just know this is going to be the longest day ever!

Jane~do you guys do the time change? Was thinking it was more north but hey I don't know. Ooooo, a new purse! I love purses but don't get them often, not as often as I would like. I usually buy a really good, expensive leather one and use it for a year or two. I've had this back pack type, a black one for two years now but changed over to a brown/tan one in May when I bought a new one. But guess what? I used it for a few months and am now back to my black one. Mainly because I wear a lot of black boots in the fall/winter. Yeah, Sea World is BEAUTIFUL! Of course I think anywhere on the beach in CA is beautiful! I don't know what is free. I know when we went it was one charge for everything in the park, all the shows-except for the rides. I know they have some new rides now and it is pretty costly to get in bu twell worth it in my opinion.

Marti~so sorry to hear about the idiots at work. Not sure why people feel the need to be that way. Hugs to you . I think that is great that you have contact with yours sons parents. I bet it is nice to know how he is doing and to get the pics.

Mindee~ahhhhhhh, Brandon is such the little cutie pie!! And I love your hair! I have often thought of going red. Always, loved the red color.

Susan~totally can understand how you forget to breath! LOL But yes taking lots of deep breaths when I am nervous or anxious always works for me. You will be fine though.

Angie~hugs to Tanner. Would love to see a pic of Brandon. I need to start Christmas shopping. I started a list, does that count? LOL

Well, ladies I got up at 7 and even though it was early I went to the car wash and washed my car. Been playing around with my signature here again and it is still too early for me. Don't have to get ready for Mass until 10:30 although I could be doing some laundry or straightening the house. Seems I ma always straightening the house. The Symphony last night was GREAT! It amazes me the music that comes from the violin-simply beautiful! Anyway, take care all and have a fun Halloween! See ya...
Old 10-31-2004, 10:41 AM   #41  

Morning everyone and--

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

James got his call for work this morning so I'm up early. He hasn't had to work all week! How nice is that?

Is everyone ready for little trick or treaters?? I'm hoping James will be home in time (which I'm sure he will) to see all the little outfits that come to our door.

Susan--OMG!!! It's almost time to go!! How are you feeling? It's going to be such a wonderful meeting for the both of you. And as a bonus...you get to get away from this Cold, Wet Oregon weather! Truly looking forward to hearing all about the trip once you get back.....(that's if you decide to come back!)

Jen--Have you found what that smell is yet? You know what's funny? My mama cat used to leave worms for us all over the patio. Never anything else. I have never seen anything like that before. Now her kittens are doing the same thing! And we have three of them so imagine all the poor worms that are getting caught!

Cristi--I seen the preview for that movie also. It looked funny. At first I thought it was another Santa Clause movie (which I love both of!!) and then realized that it wasn't. I can't believe it's this time of year again already!!! Time is going way too fast...I can't keep up!

Jane--Fantastic w/the loss again this week! You're doing fabulous!! What do you have in mind for your next reward?? I loved the looks of the jewelry. Can I come over for soup and apple crisp too? It's sounds good. What are your grandkids dressing up as for Halloween?

Angie--Awww....poor Tanner!! I send him a huge hug his way!! Now, refresh my memory...what did Brandon dress up as? I would love to see a photo if you can share!

Mindee--Got to see the pictures. Cute. How do you like the new color?

Morning to everyone else!

Well today is my day of cleaning. I've been slacking in that area! I need to head of to wal-mart later and get some stuff to clean with, get more candy and who knows what else. I think I better make a list before I forget completely!

Ok...I'll check in later when everyone has had the chance to sleep in on your DayLight Savings day!

Take Care and I will BBL!!
Old 10-31-2004, 10:43 AM   #42  

Cristi--Posting at the same time! And we both thought to do the same thing with our coloring!! Great minds think alike!!
Old 10-31-2004, 11:05 AM   #43  
One day at a time

Hiya Marti! Didn't realize you had posted-was looking around and still messing with my signature. Have fun shopping at Wal-Mart today!
Old 10-31-2004, 11:30 AM   #44  
GmaTo8

Default Just popping in for a sec....

Thanks Marti! It will be almost Spring before I reach 100 pounds gone, and will get ALL NEW CLOTHES!! A friend and I have already planned a trip to Indy for this, lol.

Cristi - I change purses to match my shoes, or just carry a navy one when I wear jeans. Glad you enjoyed the symphony!
Old 10-31-2004, 11:39 AM   #45  
One day at a time

Oooopsie! Forgot to CONGRATULATE you Jane on your loss this week! That will be so cool when you reach the 100 mark and get all new clothes! How exciting!

I had a few moments yesterday and will maybe discuss tomorrow about being fat and disgusted with myself. Who knows maybe this time will be "the" time. Anyway, for now I have to get going to get ready for mass, have to leave at 11:15. Thought I would check back before logging off. Was still messing with my sig-not sure I have it the way I want.

Have a good day!