Old 10-28-2004, 04:18 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi Ladies~

Jane~I have tried the non-edible treats and they usually ended up in the street or yard. The kids just don't seem to want anything but candy. I know when the kids would trick or treat and got pencils or pennies they would look at it like what the heck. They even got toothpaste one time. I just always hope for lots of kids to get rid of the stuff. Although, I haven't been tempted to get into so...Our town also does the trick or treating. It's not a big town but we are very close to the big town that it seems big. On the main drag there are businesses, Dr's offices a couple of stores, banks and some fast food restaurants and a strip mall and they all give out treats. It is so cool to drive down the street and see all the little ones in costume. Oh I have been meaning to THANK YOU for the post card and Halloween card and also the card I received today! I love the purple and pink with the fan! Or is it a really dark blue and peach??? Well in the light I was looking at it-it looked pink & purple.Hey also meant to ask if you guys went to the beach while in FL? Or saw any other sites? Or was it just a Disney World vacation?

Mindee~about the stuffing envelopes, there are some legit places out there but a lot are scams, just have to be careful. DH did that for a company when I met him but he really didn't make money at it. Let's just say you have to stuff A LOT of envelopes. This was a side thing that he thought he could make work but with working a 40+ hour a week job he didn't have time to spend on it. So just be wary, especially if you have to pay anything up front to do it. Have to ask what is a Prevnar? Never heard of that. But then so many things have changed since mine were that small. Hey, you will have to post a pic of your new hairdo.

Angie~your outfit sounded sooooo cute! Would love to see a pic of your new hair also. I am hoping we have lots of kids but I completely forgot it was on Sunday so maybe not. With Church and other things going on but you never know.

Katy~I don't know about how many kids will be out. Like I said to Angie I forgot it was on Sunday. Maybe they will come out before church and whatever else is going on. I know there was some talk about doing it on Saturday but people said just leave it alone. There are two small towns though that have announced they will do it Saturday, not only because of church but because they have some turkey shoot thing every year the last Sunday of Oct. oh well...your pumpkins sound cute. I have seen some of those painted ones in the store that they charge an arm and a leg for, but they are cute. You guys are going to be super busy on Sunday!

Susan~getting close isn't it?! Yeah, I agree with Angie that maybe you should have your sister take you to the airport. And maybe have her sit with you till you leave, if that is possible. I say that because here you could but since 9/11 there's a certain point you can go and can't go and sit with anyone. Have to say your good-byes at the metal detectors. And if you don't wear a bikini are you at least going to put on a one piece bathing suit? You have to go swimming in HI girly. You can get one that has a wrap around-those are cute. Of course not sure where you would actually find a suit with it being fall.

Marti~you and James are just getting all kinds of deals aren't ya?! I want so badly to go shopping and get some new clothes, not that I need any. But I decided a while back I would not buy any clothes until I lose weight, even though last week I bought a sweat shirt. But it is something I will wear now and after I lose the weight. I like baggy sweatshirts. Yeah, heard from Shanna-she is really having a rough time with school and trying to find a job. But she wanted everyone to know she cares and thinks about everyone. She said she will try to get on on the weekend and post.

Sue~WTG on getting your walking in, and twice a day?! That is great! I really need to get motivated. The weather is perfect walking weather, well when it isn't raining. I think next year I am going to get creative with the treats, just don't know what yet.

I hope I haven't missed anyone, quite a few posts since I posted yesterday and I am a little scatterbrained today. Anyway, HI to everyone else.

About Chat-didn't know anyone was still doing it. Of course with my favorite, or two of my favorite shows being on Thursdays I can't make it. I love CSI and Without a Trace and don't want to miss them.

Had a few errands to run this morning. It was time for my 6th month cleaning & inspection of my wedding rings. I have to keep on top of it in case something happens to it. If nothing else the diamonds would be replaced as long as I continue with the check-ups. Plus they clean it really good and it looks so shiny and new. I also want to take care of it because V was thinking about getting me a new one on our 10th anniversary. You can trade in yours for what you paid for it but the thing is you have to double that-get a ring double what yours cost. Plus don't know if I can part with it. Eventually though I will have to do something because the bands are scratched and will wear down. Then had to take a bedskirt back to Penney's. Got DS a new comforter last week and he didn't want a bedskirt. Didn't feel like doing my weekly Wally World visit so went to the local grocery store to pick up a couple of things. Will go to Wal-Mart tomorrow to get the rest. There are some things I will not buy there because they are too expensive. Now just trying to get caught up on laundry. Bought a book and will read that later on. Other than that not a lot going on. Being lazy this week for some reason. Anyway, take care ladies and have a good one!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-29-2004 at 10:54 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:11 PM   #17  
kitty Momo

*sigh* Geepers Cristi, I want a diamond ring to clean!!!! lol.....I have never had a wedding ring. Oh, I take that back.
In my first marriage I had a black hills gold, which I loved. In my second marriage I threw my gold band out of the car window while driving over the Astorian bridge......was fihghting with hubby and was going to show him....lol

Never had a diamond before.......lol.

My maintenance man here said I HAVE to go in the water........*roll eyes*...ok, I will think of it.

Goodwill has everything.......lol.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:57 PM   #18  
kitty Momo

awww....... I love this song of Rocky's...he sings and writes songs. He has a wonderful voice. He wrote this one 2 years ago. Just thought I would share it ,.....

Holding Hands

Well I loved you from the
first time that I
laid eyes on you
and I hope that you
feel the same as I do

Holding hands
Forever after’s
I love you’s
Dreams come true

Well, do you like
Long romantic walks
On a sandy beach
On a moonlit night
With the stars all around

Holding hands
Forever after’s
I love you’s
Dreams come true

Well, do you want to
Snuggle by a cozy fire
In my arms
That is where I long to be
Just you and me

Holding hands
Forever after’s
I love you’s
Dreams come true
Old 10-29-2004, 12:13 AM   #19  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jane~ I will keep my eye out for the Halloween card as well. I will also try and stay out of the stores as much as I can. I know we have to go at least once to Wal-Mart because he is almost out of diapers. And I will also double check and even triple check about the stuffing envelopes thing as well. I told Tommy that when we get the information from the company we should call BBB and ask for a report on the company.

Marti~ I hope you are feeling better now!

Susan~ I can’t wait to hear about your trip and of course see pics! Yeah, around here it has been very exhausting lately. I swear there needs to be more hours in a day! I love the lyrics to that song!

Cristi~ We are being very cautious about things now. Like I told Jane, I told Tommy that when we get the information from the company that we should call the BBB and ask for a report before going any further. He agreed so we are just waiting and seeing how things go. Prevnar is the pneumococcal shot, for pneumonia. I will have to download the pics off the camera and post a shot of it. My hair today looks red then anything. I had natural red highlights, so it is still somewhat the same as before.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:30 AM   #20  
kitty Momo

*sniff* *sniff*......thanks Mindee.......

I will tell him - . I let him know you all think he is a keeper and if he breaks my heart he better watch out........Jaded Ladies are coming after him.....lol

He just sings so sweet and when I asked if it was written for his wife he said no.....it was after she died.
He would watch couples holding hands and felt so lonely..........he wanted that with someone again.......*sniff*

So, he writes these romantic songs and he says he always left the name of the lady blank.......until now. *sniff*.......so romantic.....dying here in Oregon......lol...

night
Old 10-29-2004, 12:56 AM   #21  

ok...here are is a pic of the finished product.

ok....hopefully this one works now.

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 10-29-2004 at 01:06 AM.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:59 AM   #22  
kitty Momo

ooooohhh, I forgot to say this...........so sweet.

He had been talking about Lei's- those flower things.....lol, whatever they are called.
Anyway, he told me weeks ago that when I get off the plane he will give me one and I asked where you get them.

He said you can buy them or even make them.

So, today I was posting on our parents board saying I he was going to give me a Lei (??) but with all his cleaning he wouldn't have time to make one....though it would be romantic...

So, he laughed when we were talking tonight and he mentioned that post and he said......."I am going to make you one now.... if you think it is romantic."....

He is a doll.......I just can't wait til Tuesday at 4:00pm.....
Old 10-29-2004, 01:08 AM   #23  

ok....the link got screwy because yahoo won't direct link, so you can click on the link to see it!
Old 10-29-2004, 09:47 AM   #24  
GmaTo8

TGIF!!!!

Marti - don't you think Penney's perpetual sales have saved that store? I used to go in there, and it would be practically deserted. Now, even during the week, there are customers everywhere! And I do love a bargain!! I've bought 2 of the sweaters - the plain teal and the plain lavendar. When I get to my goal weight, I will try some of the cool striped ones. You'll find some cute pants. But I like sweaters with jeans, too.

Susan - what a beautiful song! He'll sing it to you Tuesday night I betcha. No, you didn't give TMI - I'm thinking for sure this will be a love connection. Your red and white capris sound so cute!! And if you can't find a swimsuit in OR, you can for sure get one in Hawaii. Rocky can help you pick it out. Btw, what a nice thing to say about me!! Glad I could calm you... may have to call you everyday, lol. jk!

Jen - speaking of phone calls, I had a great time talking to you last night! I feel like we know each other even better now. Looking forward to meeting at the mall in Danville next spring! Hope you get the pictures of the cake posted - we're all dying to see that grey cake!

Cristi - YW for the mail. We didn't leave WDW on vacation, but have in years past. I've never seen Sea World, and hear it's a must, so we want to work that in some day. But we've been to the ocean and we saw Universal Studios and some other places. CSI was wild last night! I was watching while playing around in the chat room. I got there late, and nobody was around, so I started trying out the new sound fx and such. I love the fact that the text can be made larger.... helps out when my eyes are tired at the end of the day.

Mindee - you should've already got your Halloween card from me! Btw, the link to your pictures didn't work. I tried it twice and got the error page both times....

Kathy, you stinker! I saw that you posted on another thread... come on in and chit chat with us! We miss you!

Hi to Angie, Julie, Katy, Sue and the rest...

I've been saving about 3 -4 points to eat around 8:30PM or so, and can't believe how much better I've been sleeping! I used to wake up around 5 AM, half starved, lol.

Not sure what I'm going to do today, except clean. Yuk... don't wanna!! lol. Who's gonna come and help me??

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:40 AM   #25  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good Morning Ladies~

Susan~what a BEAUTIFUL song! You threw your wedding ring off the bridge?! Of course there were times I felt like that-LOL! And you will get that diamond one day, maybe very soon.

Mindee~I tried the link also but see that you said it didn't work, bummer. I would love to see your new hair color. Didn't realize they gave shots for pneumonia to babies, but then like I said things have changed since mine were small.

Jane~oh you must go to Sea World. I've never been to Florida but went to Sea World in San Diego and we loved it! I am just assuming they are about the same or pretty close. It is a lot of fun. I have a key chain with a picture of me and the kids when you first walk through they take it and then you can pick it up when you leave. I am big on souvenirs so almost always get the pictures, among other things. One day I would like to go back. I know DD and I will be headed to the West Coast next June but we haven't actually planned our trip as far as what we are going to do except visit friends and my Aunt, and she definitely wants to go to San Fran as do I-we want to go to Alcatraz. Anyway...should be fun. Yeah, CSI was wild. It's crazy that there are people who live that lifestyle-don't know how they do it but hey whatever works for them. Had a friend who had a friend who was a swinger.

Marti~you asked if there were any Christmas movies out...besides Surviving Christmas I remembered that Tom Hanks has a movie coming out soon called The Polar Express, more for kids. So far that is all I have seen for Christmas Movies.

Well, had to go to Wally world to finish up my shopping some of the employees were dressed in costumes-so cute and fun. I dropped off a roll of film and looked up and saw a nun! Also, saw a witch. I think I will polish my nails orange. Other than that I am done for the day. Will straighten the house a little and read I guess. Need to go check out a couple of things online and order some checks for our new account.

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-29-2004 at 11:56 AM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:01 PM   #26  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies---

Its friday and I'm happy! Always good to have a friday! Sorry I didn't get back like I said I would yesterday. James was burning some DVD's yesterday, actually trying them out and it slows the process for anything else on here. By the time he was finished I had other things to do before work.

Let's see, I'm a little behind on my individuals so I will work my way down and scroll until it stops. (sorry if I miss anyone)

Cristi--You know I just seen the previews for "Polar Express" and I must be a child at heart because I'd like to go see it. Take Jhanai w/me since James didn't seem to interested. Jhanai and I will make it a mommy/daughter date. I'm surprised there aren't more out yet. They usually have a more than this don't they? I read in a magazine about a Popeye movie, actually I didn't read it I just saw and advertisement, it looked Christmassy but I'm not sure. Hope you have fun at Walmart...I love going places where the employees get to dress up!!

Jane--I bought one of those striped sweaters, the one that buttons up on the shoulder and has a type of turtle neck.....very cute. I even had James pick which one so as to not get the eye when I put it on. (although, I've never seen him give me one so I don't know what I'm thinking) Wow, you've been on a roll w/getting in touch with the Jaded Ladies. Fun isn't it? I don't have a good long distance plan....otherwise I would make some calls myself. But anyone else who may have one feel free to call me!

Susan--Tuesday is just around the corner! I'm getting all excited for you!!! That song was beautiful. Made my heart sing! You've got yourself a great guy waiting for you in Hawaii!! I bet you he's got butterfly's in his belly trying to get everything ready for you. This is such a wonderful opportunity for you and I'm so happy that you're going! A wonderful early Christmas gift! Your outfit sounds cute. Did you buy any cute little dresses to wear while there too??

Mindee--
I was going to mention the same thing as Jane about taking your baby to crowded public places. Since they ran out of the flu shots you want to be extra careful. Nothing like having a sick baby to begin with but him having the flu would be horrible. So be careful. Sounds like you have his birthday decor all ready set. You have plenty of time before his birthday to save up for it. Or, you can buy a little at a time and when April rolls around you'll have it all done.

Angie--Pink!? I wouldn't have imagined that your favorite color was pink. I pictured more of the orange/purple combination.....just teasing. I love different colors of pink. But not all pinks look good on me, at least I think. I did buy a top at JCPennys that was a dark pink color, kind of a salmony color. Your idea of painting cans reminded me of punching cans w/decortions and setting a candle inside to set along the front walkway. My sister did that last year and they were cute! Send me over some lady fingers when you make them!!

Hello to Shanna, Katy, Katie, Ellen, Julie, Jen and the anyone esle I may have missed.

Well, I better get myself ready to take Cocoa to the vet to get her shots. I was hoping James would take her since I hate having dog hair in my car. (terrible aren't I?) He's still in bed, he must have gotten to bed late, but heck...he was in bed when I got home! Better wake the man up!!

You all have a wonderful Friday!!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:12 PM   #27  
kitty Momo

Good Morning---

omg-- come with me Ma!!! lol.......so scared.

I am fine, I am fine, I am fine.....

ummm, he sang that song last night, must have been lull in the conversation...lol...jk
He sang it and I asked if he had it written on his computer to send me the words and he said no...........but he typed it real fast and sent to me.....so sweet.
He will take his guiter and we'll sit on the beach /with the moonlite shining down and he will sing it......lol..........he will. So sweet.....
He is 4 miles from the beach.......
Going to take the MAX over to the airport - will take 40 minutes but is is cheap a taxi is $27......I think this is like $2......cheap......aren't I??? lol.....

Still need to get luggage.....and a calling card and I am set!!!

Threw my wedding ring off the bridge- sold the black hills gold one. lol.......We were fighting over his daughter who is older and he was taking her side, even though she was totally nasty to me....and I said.........."That's it!!!!" and threw it.
We stopped and looked around but it was gone......he tells this story to the girls.......lol........anyway,it wasn't a good marriage so I don't feel bad......lol.....
Haven't bought a dress.......think I should?? Maybe a skirt?? Suppose to go to church on that Sunday......

Gotta go.....sorry,,,,,,,hope all is well with you all.....lol........and I am thinking of you and ......whoa....gotta go.....lol
Old 10-29-2004, 08:39 PM   #28  

ok....quickly to see if this works....

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures[/IMG]

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 10-29-2004 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:38 PM   #29  

I am soooo glad that it's finally Friday. And the weekend is an extra hour long! Boy do I need it.

I'm sure everyone will love this story, but I think I've got something dead under my back porch. EWWW. Went to take the garbage out earlier this week. Left it on the steps. Later I went out to take it to the cans and thought, "man this stinks" only to leave the smell behind. It lightened up during the week, until today. It was 78 degrees and I couldn't even leave the back door open. I've tried to look under there, but I don't see anything. Guess dbf will have to take a look. It's probably just something one of the neighborhood cats brought me. That is supposed to be a flattering gift, to leave what they kill. Gee, thanks!

Marti - Trade me dogs. Yours are small. Try taking a collie in your car. What a mess! Not only the hair, but she drools on the back of the seats, smears the windows. What a pooch.

Cristi - I went to wally world tonight after work and they were getting ready to have a costume contest for all the little kids. Wasn't really thinking when I planned that trip was I? Way too many people.

Jane - Now whenever I read your posts, I can hear your voice! We sure are going to have a blast in Danville. I'm going to have to search the internet. I've never been there. I'm also gonna check out photobucket. And I have to see if my pics even turned out.

Well, I've got alot on my list of things to do tonight, so I'd better get busy. Not to mention, I'd like to get to bed at a decent time and get some sleep! It's tough to be a working girl.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:27 PM   #30  
kitty Momo

Just a post from my parents board......

Rebecca is leaving for outdoor school on Sunday afternoon. She goes
for a week of science in the great outdoors. She didn't want to
go because it was on Halloween.
Silly girl, camping is a heck of a lot more fun. I need to get her
some boots and a poncho and pack her little self-up.

She has been noticeably thinner......which is a concern. Maybe it is
just a growth spurt (she i s 11 ½ ) but I worry about her. She
has her braces on, the acne thing happening, enjoys school and
participating in sports. I think volleyball is wrapping up and she
will be going out for basketball, along with Rachel.

Rachel is just the greatest. She really has been through a lot, has
been forced to grow up fast with things she has experienced but she
is a trooper.
She is waaaaaaay beyond her years, very mature for her age. Which at
times makes me sad because she is only 13 and I wish she had more of
a chance to enjoy a childhood. blah-blah----

Her and Rebecca always fight. When they were younger their father and
I would drive with them across the Astoria Bridge, which is 4 miles
long. They would be bickering and trying to hit each other in the
backseat. We couldn't stand it, would always just give up and go
back
home.
Now, we joke and say "you guys were horrible, couldn't even go 4
miles away from home without turning around."

Course now when they fight .....I pull over and threaten to turn the
radio off that usually gets them to mind.....lol

The last daughter I have is Gabrielle--- 32 months.

What is new in her wonderful, active life??? She is so, so cute. I
was combing her hair this morning after giving her a bath. She hates
her hair brushed, wiggles away from me or she will grab the comb and
throw it as far as she can....which isn't far – cracks me up
because
it travels about a foot and drops.

So, I comb her hair by sitting her in front of me and getting her in
a leg lock.

I talk soothingly to her " Now Gabrielle, you want to look nice
don't you?? You have such pretty honey spun hair – it is a
tragedy
that you have such a tangled mess going on."