Old 10-28-2004, 09:24 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Ran about 2.5 miles last night. Took me just under 30 min. Felt fabulous when I was done. In fact I wanted to keep running (one of those I could have run forever times) but since I haven't been doing well the past couple weeks I didn't want to overdo on my first day back. Feel great today!

Way to go Mid! I am considering a half marathon sometime next year t0o. 8k is the farthest I've run in a race yet though.

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:01 PM   #17  
Made my Goal weight!

Hey everyone...ugh, I am getting a cold....from my kids of course...but it hasnt stopped me...yesterday I ran on the treadmill..3.25km in 30 minutes, and I am paying for it today...but no pain no gain, right?? I feel GREAT that I am back to running- it makes me feel so good...
Fannie annie- I would LOVE to do a run, but we will be gone both those dates...( I am in a wedding on the 31st) are there any others in January or feb that you know of?? I totally want my family there to cheer me on....
skinny jeans- Way to go...!! awesome!
HAPPY Survivor night....hahaha

Leanne
CW 171.4
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 10:38 PM   #18  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

How cool! I slowed it way down on the treadmill today. I really wasn't sure about going that slow, but I set it for 12 minute miles (5.0 pace). I'm used to going at 6.0 to 6.5. And at 5.0, I was able to go 5 miles! I even did three short 6.0 bursts in the last mile...cause I was getting bored. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:37 AM   #19  
Giving it a try (again)

Good morning!!!!!!

Today was my weigh in and I was down THREE pounds! I am so excited. That is two weeks in a row. This running is really working! I am so excited... Oh wait I already said that. Sorry.

I didn't run yesterday because I had already ran four days in a row and I was getting worn out. Yesterday I power walked my usual 5.6K route. It took 58 minutes and I was totally sweaty (pretty gross actually because I was on my lunch hour and it took a while to dry off! eeew!). BUT good for fat burning.

Almostheaver - CONGRATULATIONS! Now didn't that feel great! That's what it's all about. And the Endorphin rush after makes it all worth while.

Leanne - Did you get your flu shot? I haven't yet and I hope I haven't missed the boat! My boys are getting older now so they don't get as many colds but my daughter is only 2 so she still comes down with stuff all the time. I will find out about runs in January and February and I'll let you know.

SJ - That is an amazing time! Have you ever thought of trying a race. You get a free T-shirt!

Okay well I should get to work *sigh*. But let me know how the weight loss is going? Do you all have weigh in days?
fannie~annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:53 AM   #20  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Do you all have weigh in days?
All along, Friday morning was my weigh in. But the last 10 pounds, it seems I jump on the scale every day. LOL I really should cut that out, but I'm excited at this point.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:57 AM   #21  

Well the world conspired against me trying to run yesterday and even though I kept trying to make time it didn't happen. (I even squeezed sometime between work and school, only to get stuck in traffic) Looking forward to the weekend though I always manage to fit in a couple runs then. I am going to try a longer run at least one day.

Great job Almost! Maybe you can alternate long runs and fast runs so your not bored every time.

Leanne- Keep fighting. I actually think running really helps with a cold, sweat is out!

Congrats on the weight loss Fannie.

SJ
Old 10-29-2004, 02:02 PM   #22  
Made my Goal weight!

hey everyone

yes, the running seems to be helping make me feel MUCH better...this cold I hope disappears...I am going for my flu shot On thursday and so are my boys...the baby is too young, but she needs to build up imunity anyways...
my knees are still sore today, so I did 45 minutes on the treadmill....I will run again tomorrow..
almost- I am a scal addict, I weigh myself everyday...
fannie- yes keep me posted if you find any runs...I would definitely like to do some in 2005...(ill have the endurance and I wont be so self conscious)

Leanne
p.s does anyone know how I get that ticker thing to show up..???
Old 10-31-2004, 09:52 AM   #23  

well I am feeling real good. Don't know how much I will run today but I know that it will be atleast 3 miles. I did my weigh in yesterday and in a week I have lost 2 lbs! I am pleased about that. Running is evidently helping me out since before I would only lose one. Now I only have 3 more lbs before I take xmas pics. I really don't want to but oh well. None of them have seen me since Jan. so I guess that it is alright. I have lost a bunch since then but still want to lose more.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:06 AM   #24  

well I ran for 30 minutes straight which is a new best for me. I ran at a slower pace then normal for most of it and picked up the pace the last 10 minutes but I got through it and felt that I could do a little more which is wonderful. I probably could have done 3 miles but I will wait for a week to see about that. I will do two sets of intervals this week and walk the other days. I am also increasing both running time and speed for the intervals to see if I can make it. It shall be interesting
Old 11-02-2004, 09:12 AM   #25  
Giving it a try (again)

Good morning ladies!!!

Today feels like Monday because I missed yesterday (sick DD).

I ran 10K on Saturday (in the rain!) and it took me 80 min. BUT I did it. I expect that my time will only get better. I'm going to run that route every weekend from now on. It's a beautiful country road so that helps when the running gets hard.

I took a rest on Sunday and then as I mentioned above, by daughter was sick yesterday. That means that I didn't go to work, so I didn't have my usual lunch-hour run. We'll see how today goes.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:39 AM   #26  
Made my Goal weight!

Hey everyone...
Happy tuesday...it sooo rainy and dull looking here today! But, I am going to work out in a bit even though I feel blah from the weather...
This mix of running and elliptical is working really well for me...my weight is sliding off....and I am so thrilled..
FInally into the 160's as I am 169.0 today....hopefully, I am here just long enough to say HI and off to the 150's soon enough...ive gotta keep on trucking, got 29 more lbs left to go until my closet likes me again..

Leanne
SW 169.0
Old 11-03-2004, 08:15 AM   #27  
Giving it a try (again)

Good Morning!

I am so excited. This morning I weighed 152.9! Amazing!

I ran yesterday in the rain. I did my usualy 5.6K route but I forgot my watch so I don't know exactly how long it took. I'm guessing about 40 min. I'm okay with that it was a fairly comfortable run.

I discovered spaghetti squash! It is amazing! I can eat the whole thing with some spaghetti sauce and parmisan cheese for 4 points (WW points that is)!! I went out and bought three of them last night! I'm making it part of my menu from now on.

Leanne - Way to go on the weight loss! Running is a no-fail way to do it! But more than that, it's addictive eh? How was halloween with the kids? Did you take them out?
Old 11-03-2004, 08:56 AM   #28  

Well I ran Monday, in the drizzling rain, but not yesterday. Planning on anothe 2.5-3 miles after work today. I'm hoping to get in the 160's by my birthday which is a week from yesterday. What a present!

Leanee and Fannie-Way to go on the weight loss! The 160's are almost there for me too. Can't wait to get there.

Gabwill- Great job on the run. That is definitely something to be proud of.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:16 PM   #29  

well I did intervals today. Once I was done with my intervals I was over 4 miles but walked until I was at 5. Felt good. Tomorrow will be an hour walk if the little one permits since she gets shots tomorrow for her check up and is already cranky as it is.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:06 AM   #30  
Made my Goal weight!

Hello 168....yay!
28 lbs more to go

I bet running AND chasing after my kids all day long is what is making my weight come off...
im am going to try and run at LEAST 4 or 5 km today...may be a little hard as aunt flow is here and REALLY bad since it is my first since having the baby...
I am actually starting to feel like a normal sized person again...man, I missed myself...
Leanne
SW 204
CW 168