Old 11-04-2004, 09:40 AM   #31  
Giving it a try (again)

Good morning ladies!

I weighed in 152.3 this morning, so it looks like I'm REALLY down. That is almost 10 lbs since I started my Christmas Challenge! I am so excited!

I'm going for a run today on my lunch hour, the usual 5.6 K. I haven't had my watch all week so it should be interesting to see my time. Maybe I'll have improved a bit.
fannie~annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:06 AM   #32  
Giving it a try (again)

Okay well I was counting my chickens before they hatched. I weighed in at 154.7 this morning which is down 1.5 from last week but nowhere near what I was hoping for.

I was not running as much as usual this week because I was feeling a bit drained and unmotivated. Now I am totally disapointed with myself and way more committed to running five days a week. My goal is to run 30-40 Kilometers a week.

This week I'm going to run ~32K. If you don't hear from me again it's because I had a heart attack!! LMAO just kidding. Could you imagine?
Old 11-05-2004, 11:09 AM   #33  
Made my Goal weight!

congrats on the loss annie, even though it isnt as much as you hoped for it still is a LOSS...yay!
I too didnt run as much this week as I hoped for, but I guess I do sometimes have to listen to my body, no use in hurting myself...speaking of hurting myself, I ran on the treadmill yesterday...25 minutes at 7.4-7.6km/h...and WOW am I ever sore today....shows me just how SLOOOOOOW I run on the track...hopefully, adding some treadmill running may help to speed me up a bit....
well happy Friday everyone...

Leanne
CW 167.8 yay...
gw 140 ( new years)
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:30 PM   #34  

well I did my intervals again today. I want to say that I have run 9 miles this week total. Feels good to keep to my schedule and next week I will increase it some more. I still need to quicken the pace but that will come in time.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:36 AM   #35  
Giving it a try (again)

Good Morning!!

Well I weighed myself this morning and I was 152.0, I think I must have been retaining water on Friday or something! Anyway...

I ran 10K for my Sunday run and it took 01:23 which is a terrible time LOL, but it felt great. I wasn't out of breath at all and nothing hurt. Next week I'm going to step the pace up a bit. I'm sure I can shave 5-10 min off that time if I tried.

This week I have four runs planned. I am following a distance build-up training schedule followed by a half marathon training plan. All in all it is a 28 week program and at the end I will run the ING Ottawa half marathon. This week is my fist week of the program...

Mon - rest
Tues - 5 K
Wed - 5K
Thurs - 5K
Fri - 5K
Sat - rest

The route that I run is actually 5.6K. I measured it in my van.

Wish me luck on my first week of official training!

Gabwill - intervals is a good idea! Keeping with it over the long run is the most important thing IMO. I have been trying to make it a habit or a part of my life. I'm feeling a bit addicted to it, but I figure it's better than smoking or something (which I just quit in March).

Leanne - Holy smokes! Are you trying to kill yourself! LOL. That is way fast . Good for you. Did you get in a run this weekend?

Well happy trails for Monday... see you all tomorrow!
Old 11-08-2004, 09:01 AM   #36  
Made my Goal weight!

hey ladies

Gab- way to go...keep it up, you are doing GREAT!!
Fannie- holy cow, I feel like such a weak runner compared to you...I have been running on the treadmill the past 2 weeks, but I think I am going to run on the track again today...I just get intimidated as the army guys have "sports afternoon" in the gym here while I am running and I feel like they are all staring at me..(not because I am hot, because I look ******ed when running)...or so i feel
so since it is monday I am going to shoot for 5km today....we'll see how it goes...
good luck everyone

Leanne
CW 167
Old 11-08-2004, 09:04 AM   #37  
Made my Goal weight!

Default me again

fannie- saturday I ran 20 minutes on the treadmill at 7.6km....but, I ate lunch before I ran and nearly threw up....there was a guy in there who saw me and said " I thought for sure oyu wee going to throw up, then I would have too..."...lol thankfully, I didnt...but now I KNOW why I never eat lunch before running....and needless to say because of my diet my legs and body were DRAINED on sunday....

Leanne
Old 11-08-2004, 09:24 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone. Well I didn't get a run in either Saturday or Sunday because the weekend was so busy. Actually my husband and I were not home during daylight hours.

I got a MP3 player for my B-day and I am so excited to use it. And haven't had the chance to yet. I was really looking forward to a run this evening but I twisted my ankle last night and am barely walking today so I'm guessing it will be several more days until I am up to running. I'm starting to get withdrawl here...

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 02:26 PM   #39  
Made my Goal weight!

skinny- sorry to hear about your ankle...major bummer eh? I hope it gets better quickly for ya!....And... I too have an MP3 player, I love it....doesnt skip when you run

Well, I ran 5km today and it took me 42 minutes...YA YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!! thats 5 minutes off my old time...I know it still isnt the greatest but I am on my way to a good time...and I am somewhat sore now but it is so worth it...
Anyways, enough from me today eh?
Take care ladies
Leanne
Old 11-08-2004, 06:18 PM   #40  

well I ran 2.3 miles (3.7km) in 30 minutes. Felt good to do too. Fastest ever!
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 08:04 PM   #41  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've increased my distance lately. Been running between 4 and 5 miles on the treadmill at 5.0. Increased that to 5.4 yesterday and did 4 miles in 44 minutes, then 25 minutes on the elliptical. However, had distressing news today and skipped exercise. Just this once. I just don't have the get up and go.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 07:50 AM   #42  

Hello
I am new to the boards and wanted to know if I too could join in? I am new to the running game actully. THough I do run on the treadmill at the gym. Any pointers for a beginner? This is the exact motivation I need.
cheers
phoenix
Phoenix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 08:46 AM   #43  
Giving it a try (again)

Good morning!

I already posted this morning on my Christmas Challenge thread, but I like this thread too!

Yesterday was my 'rest' day and so I went on an hour long power walk. I figure it is worth about 3 points. I weighed myself this morning and I was at 152.5! Looks like I'm really down!

Today I run YAY. 5.6K and I'm aiming for 38 min or so! I'll post after lunch to let you know how I do.

I think I might start posting mainly on the Exercise! board though since that is pretty much what this tread is about... What do you all think about that idea?

SJ - I hear you on the withdrawals! I'm itching to run today and that's only after one day off! Hope you are back on your feet, but don't be too impatient! Make sure it's totally healed!

Gab - Good for you! That's the best feeling eh?

Almostheaven - Is everything okay? Maybe going for a run could be a way of getting out negative energy?

Leanne - Get your *** out there! LOL. Who cares if they stare, I'm sure you don't look any more ******ed than I do! Once you reach your goal they really will be staring because you're a hot mama!

Phoenix - Here is my advice... start slow and work on your endurance and strength. It will take a few weeks but if you're serious about it you should build the foundation first. (That's what I was told when I started anyway
Welcome to the board!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:58 AM   #44  

Thanks for your advice...Thank you.
what did you start with?

cheers
Phoenix
Phoenix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 09:20 AM   #45  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Too much negative energy at that point though Anne. I'm going back for a run today, but yesterday just couldn't. We're in the middle of a move to go care for my elderly inlaws as it is. Will be actually doing the move and be offline around the end of this week, beginning of next at the latest. Then got the news from the vet yesterday that my 13 yo kitty may have cancer. It's another $300 to test for that, after the already $300 I shelled out yesterday for various blood tests. Whatever is wrong with her, the only things it could be would not be real treatable at her age. So the vet started giving us options for putting her to sleep. I'm leaning towards making the move as comfortable as I can...she doesn't seem to be in any pain and the vet didn't think so either. And just get her down there and see how it progresses. If she gets worse, I'll cross that bridge then.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote