Old 10-19-2004, 03:44 PM   #31  
Closed

Hi everyone
I just wanted to check in and say hi , I see there has been a lot of chatting going on and Jane is off on her vacation.I am going through a rough patch right now so I haven't been chatting ,although I know it would probably make me feel better , I am not completely up to date with everyones posts but I will try and do that soon. I hope every one is safe and well and if not I send my heart felt wishes to you all. Take care girls and I will talk to you soon so please don't forget about me. Ellen
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:18 PM   #32  
kitty Momo

{{{{Ellen}}}} Hope you fell better. I know how that goes, but happy you dropped in to say hello-
Don't reallt liek to chat myself when going through a rough patch but just know we are here !!!

Working on my newsletter. Went to an excel class this morning.

Yes, he has mentioned coming to Oregon with Kris.....to see Portland, meet my family and pack me up....lol...that is what he said. Brave Soul he is ,,,,,

We have one round ticket after this trip.....earning those mileage things- so we'll see.

Taking my mothers camcorder.......and film...geesh you guys....lol................promise to take pictures....of him....... I don't care about coconut trees...lol

13 1/2 days to go!!

Better get back to work.....just wanted to pop in.

btw- it was Gaby's grandmother that helped me with my $$$ problem.Very sweet of her......
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 07:26 PM   #33  

Good evening. Made it in 2 days in a row! YAY! for me. Still don't have anything earth shattering tonight, but oh well, guess you are all about to be bored senseless!

I'm waiting for my supper to be done baking. I've got pork chops and acorn squash in the oven. (Not in the same dish!) I just love acorn squash. Did pretty good with food today. Had a Greek salad and some fruit for lunch, yogurt for breakfast. I've got room for some snacking tonight!

I even walked the dog after work. We have to start walking faster since it's getting dark out earlier and earlier. I'm not sure what we are going to do after the time change. It's going to be dark around 5:15, and it's only October! Maybe I'll have to buy a treadmill for the dog!

Susan - Your trip to HI sounds wonderful. With you there, Jane in FL, when do I get to go somewhere??? One of my co-workers is going to Cancun in Feb. I'm never going to get to go on vacation....boohooo

Cristi- I had that happen with my foot once. The ball of it felt like I stepped on a rock and had a huge bruise, but it looked fine. It eventually passed on it's own.

Marti - I know what you mean about sitting on your butt all day. My new job basically has 2 areas. I could be either in the agency office, where I sit in a cubicle with another nurse, answer the phone, take referrals, doctor orders, check insurance, computer work, etc or I can be in the hospital, taking referrals, talking with patients, going from unit to unit... Obviously I would rather be at the hospital, just because I don't like to sit. Hopefully soon you'll bond with your co-workers. It takes time. And I hate feeling like the poor little new person.

Well, I suppose that's about it for tonight. I should get at least one load of laundry done, and supper is about finished!

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:35 PM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

Poppin in quickly tonight!

How are you all doing? Things are getting better at work. I've been making phone calls to draw stations (phlebotomy--sp?) to ask about issues and answering the phones more.....kind of helps me get used to all the people we are working with. More relaxed since I'm getting a hang of what I'm doing. If I were to be asked how would I rate the training process....out of 10 I would give it a five. It's nothing like I'm use to. Being trained for part of the day and then getting let loose and if I have a question just ask anyone near.....what kind of training is that? Does this trainer get paid extra to be a trainer?

Ok...enough of my complaining. That's it. Not much else to complain about so thats all good.

Mindee--Your Inlaws sound like they need to be sat down and spoken to. That way they know face to face what you're feeling. And if they can't handle it, then it's their loss. My ex-in-laws love Jhanai, but they're not as loving towards her as I would love them to be, the same w/my own parents. And that's sad to have both sides be that way. My grandma loved Jhanai and we always went to visit and she always sat w/her and chatted. Was always special going to visit her. I miss her. Anyway......I hope they realize how much they'll miss out if they don't change their ways.

Cristina--I don't shop for many either. James & Jhanai and my niece. It's always been easier that way for me. Almost sound selfish of me once I write it down! This year our family is going to try and get a Santa for the wee ones at my grandpa's. I will help provide for the gift bags. I am SO looking forward to the holiday crafts fair! I love going to them even if I don't ever buy anything! Just puts me in the spirit of it all!

Ellen--We won't forget about you! If you ever need to chat just come in here and chat away. And if you ever feel you need to chat privately, you can always PM me or any of the other girls. We are all here for you. If you would like, I can PM you my e-mail address.

Susan--So once you get the camcorder back and it's filled w/all your funfilled stuff...are you going to send it out and have us pass it around so we can see how much fun you had?! Just teasing. You're going to have so much fun. What are you going to take to wear? Does the weather stay hot all the time? That may sound like a silly question but I wasn't sure. Gotta go buy (or make) a Sarong (is that spelt right?) Get all Hawaiianized!!

Jen--I'm not sure I will ever Bond w/the people here like I did at Sony. 12hr days really makes a difference. And we had to work (at least in my department) 12hr. shifts four night, then switch people we work with so we don't tire of each other. And after almost 4yrs of working there, you really get to know people. I miss a lot of them. I should send them an e-mail.....see if I even have any addresses!

Ok...so much for making this quick! I need to eat some dinner. And then wash up.

You all take care!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:01 AM   #35  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

On the subject of IL and grandparents. My MIL was great with Brandon, loved him to pieces. When Tanner came along she couldn't be bothered, specially when she saw his dark coloring. Because I don't look native, she had of course no idea and was shocked to learn that I was of native origin. Tanner is a throw back of that nationality and she just could not tolerate that. Meanwhile my mom, spoils both the boys terribly,,,and I mean terribly. But thats what grandparents are for...lol
Ellen, we all have our bad days, keep coming in here and well if you need it vent.

Rehearsal went well tonight and I did thaw out from my outing at the zoo. The teachers gave me the most hyperest kid...grrr for 3 ish years I have seen this kid be totally rude and well, today he met his match.....lol I saw his name and admitted to a groan slipping past my lips. But I was on him wayyyy before he had a clue...*Mario, for years I have seen you be a total pain the butt and well your not going to be that way this time are you? Nooo your not because you can go and spend the day with your teacher and let me and the other kids enjoy ourselves* his mouth hanging open he agreed....ya it was a good day. Teacher asked me a couple of times how he was doing,,,,just fine...lol
We learned that animals can be quite the exobitionists (sp) too. This female gorilla enjoyed herself right there infront of us,,,how do I know she was a female? Well because the young girl in my group informed me she couldn't see a penis. *sigh I just don't know what to say some days....and today was one of them days...lol
and on that note Im going to bed...lol
night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:33 AM   #36  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

We went to a dinner last night for one of the Masons at Tommy’s lodge. It was a good dinner. The gentlemen that the dinner was held for has been a Mason for 67 years! He introduced his family, and one of his granddaughters looked very familiar to me and Tommy. It took us until we were getting ready to go home to remember where we knew her from! She was my nurse at the hospital the day I was induced to have Brandon. It was really nice to see her again because she was one of the best nurses that I had while I was there! She left Thursday and told me that she didn’t want to still see me in the labor and delivery area when she came back to work on Saturday.

Cristi~ We have tried on numerous occasions to sit his mom, sister and brother down. But each year they pull this. First when me and Tommy started dating they were “on a mission” with my SIL Wendy. Now since she has flat out told my MIL how things are going to be, my MIL and the rest have made me their latest “mission.” His family has done numerous little things to get us to break apart, and we have proven to them that we are not going to budge. I just refuse to have Brandon around people that are double crossers. I think we are going to ride things out through the holiday season, and if they don’t make an effort to change things, then we will be seeing less and less of them. As it is right now, the only time they come over is when they have something to brag about. We are having Halloween over here, and I refuse to invite them. We are also having our annual Christmas party here, and I refuse to invite them. Actually, Tommy told me that he did NOT want them here. He wanted it to be the younger crowd. Last year when I was pregnant, during our Christmas party, I went into our bedroom and laid down. NO ONE came to look for me. Tommy finished cooking the ham, then turned around to tell me that it was time to eat and I wasn’t out there. It took them a half hour to notice I wasn’t out there!

{{{{{{Ellen}}}}}} I hope you feel better soon!!!!

Marti~ They have already missed out on a LOT of things! Brandon is now rolling over! He is about to push, what looks like, the whole bottom gums with teeth. Talking to my in-laws is like talking to a brick wall. They listen to what you have to say but do the exact opposite of what you ask them to do. His mom is very old fashioned in her ways. If she doesn’t like the way I am doing something, then she will tell me how she would do it and tell me that that is the proper way to do things. The last time she was over here, gosh I can’t remember when, she asked me if I have cooked anything (my hubby is the cook but I am coming around), when I said no she had the nerve to tell me “well I understand that you don’t know how to cook. All your mom has taught you is how to make reservations or call in a take out order.” I wanted to belt her so hard that day but contained myself. Now I realize that I should of!

Jen~ When you find a place that sells the treadmills for animals, let me know! LOL

Angie~ Your MIL sounds like mine. Her daughter was the first to have grandkids for her. She had a little girl when her u/s said that she was having a boy. Last year for Christmas, Brandon got a tummy time play mat……that was it. (granted he was still cooking, but Cheyenne….our dog…..got more presents then that.) Mike and Jay got an outfit, and a couple cars from them. Samantha, the oldest and “precious” grandchild, got anything Barbie, anything Elmo, basically anything she wanted. I am thisclose to telling her that if she doesn’t start treating all her grandkids the same then I don’t want anything from her.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:54 AM   #37  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!!

I'm back and totally worn out, lol. It's great to read all the posts, but you'll have to forgive me for not doing individuals.

We had so much fun! Since DS and DD both were taking pictures, I didn't even take my camera - it was so great to not have to bother with that! They are getting doubles for me. Another tourist at the resort took a couple of family photos for us (bless him!) and that is going to be my favorite, since we have absolutely no other one at all.

I think I did pretty well with the food. I ate more points than normal, but walked my butt off everyday. I wrote down everything I ate everyday, but had to guess at some of the points. I passed over some of the most delicious-looking treats because I wanted this trip to not be about the food, you know? My one big indulgence was almost 1/2 of a funnel cake at Epcot.... it melted in my mouth.... mmmmmmmm!!!

Neal and I had quite a bit of time alone and we had so much fun! We did things that, in the past, the kids didn't want to do. We were really focused on each other.

I've got a mountain of laundry to do - thank goodness Katie does her own. Also have to go grocery shopping... no fresh milk, bread or fruit in the house! And Katie's senior picture proofs are in - gonna go get those.

For anyone who doesn't want their snow... I'll take it!! I love snow until about March, lol.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:29 AM   #38  

Good Morning Ladies--

Just a quicky for now since I'm off to a slow start this morning.

Jane--So glad your family had so much fun and you all made the trip back safely! I can't believe it's Wednesday already! Glad you're back!! Tell us more when you're rested.

Well gals, I was just poppin in to read whats up since I've been on last, I would do more individuals, but must get into the shower.

I will post more later on tonight!
Old 10-20-2004, 11:01 AM   #39  
RosieKate

Welcome back Jane!
Hi to everyone..will try to pop back in later for individuals
Katy
Old 10-20-2004, 12:53 PM   #40  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Well, as if things couldn’t get any worse…..they have. Tommy got walked out today, and his supervisor told him that he isn’t officially fired until tomorrow when Kelly calls him. Our SIL Wendy took him up to the union hall for him to file a grievance, but the guy isn’t there today, so he has to go back up there at 1pm to talk with the guys secretary and hopefully he can file a grievance with her today. He is actually going to file two grievances. One for harassment, and another one for what happened yesterday. (the machine broke down and his supervisor wrote him up for running bad parts when the machine screwed up and then broke down.) His supervisor has had it out for him since she started on his line. So keep us in your thoughts and prayers during this time. It is a good thing I was planning on taking Brandon in for his 6 month check up on Tuesday cause the insurance runs out the end of next week. But I can get the public health nurse to come out to the house to weigh him, and I am sure that we can take him to the health department to get his shots. Since he has Medicaid, I don’t think that they will charge for getting them.

Jana~ Well it is good to see you back on here!! It sounds like you all had a wonderful time!!! From listening to the weather today, California is getting rain/snow and it is heading this way! I love snow…..it will be awesome to see Brandon during it this winter.

Oh yeah....I still haven't gotten AF yest either. As of today I am 16 days past ovulation. Two more days and my temps still up, it means that there is another member to our family getting added! I took a test yesterday and I think I over saturated it, cause it didn't tell me either "pregnant" or "not pregnant."
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:06 PM   #41  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Back Jane!

I will catch up with everyone later. I am trying to finish up a sewing project today.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:13 PM   #42  
RosieKate

Default My scale is from the "Twilight Zone"!

I weighed in on Monday and it said I was up 3 lbs or more like this .... checked back today and it was back to the weight I've been parked at for the last few weeks. What gives? dunno, but at least I'm glad it's not a real gain. I am awfully close to TOM, so I know there are, ahem, water retention issues.

My shoulder is doing much better now that the new anti-inflammatory has kicked in. Still have to work on not picking up Leigh, but I'm getting better at that.

Not much else to report. I walked today with my new neighbor from across the street. She and her partner have a brand new son and she's st home, trying to decide whether to stay home with him for a long haul or work part time. He's only 7 weeks, so she has some time to figure it out. It's nice to have a new walking buddy. ...And they are looking for a Lutheran church! So of course I am so happy to give our church a plug.

Mindee - ((((big hugs))))...you guys will get through this (thank goodness for unions). My husband got a layoff notice the day after we found out we were going to have our son. Great timing. It did work itself out, we just needed patience and to realize that when one door closes another opens.

Susan - Yeah I want video well maybe not. Sorry to read that Gaby's dad is slipping up. Hope the girls are all well and enjoying school, pumpkins, and what not. Leigh turns 3 on Halloween so the excitement around here is building, as you can imagine.

Angie - I figure I don't have to teach my son about the birds and the bees because he learned everything by watching a couple of meerkats at our zoo He doesn't appear to be scarred for life....course he may not realize that humans do that stuff...

Sue - glad you are checking in - hope you get your project done today

Hi to everyone else - gotta get the girl down for her nap
Katy
Old 10-20-2004, 05:45 PM   #43  
kitty Momo

omg!! Ma's back!!! woooooohoooo.....

Do we have to behave now?? lol

Welcome back!! We missed you , so happy it was a safe trip

{{{{{Ellen}}} Hope you are feeling better today

I don't really celebrate Halloween RK but Gaby did eye a unicorn outfit at Freddies, cute as can be....might get that for her. I am not sure. Thought I would get her a hula skirt thing though when in Hawaii,,,,that would be sooo cute...lol

woooohooo....she also went potty for the first time (pssst No. 2) so we are jumping for joy here in Multnomah....lol

I am taking shorts and blouses, t - shirts, slip ons....maybe a wrap around skirt, I don't know. It is 80ish right now-- though he said there was a thunder storm passing through last night.
It does rain there but not for long.....humid, my hair will frizz.....will look like a poodle.
I think I will find you a coconut tree Marti and place the camcorder there and let it run....24/7.....lol....

No, I won't. Can't wait to see the volcano's and he has a teacher parent meeting that Wednesday, he said I could come with him....and he is suppose to be telling "Nana" today that I will be there...........he is kind of scared of her.....lol.

anyway, better get back to work.....

ta ta
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 06:53 PM   #44  

Hey Guys!!!

Jane: Glad you had good trip!!!

Sorry it's been a while since my last post, Ive been having problems this week. I've been getting pain off and on for a while now, and this week it got really bad, lower pelvic and bad lower back pain..They sent me for a scope yesterday and found a large cyst on the back of my right ovary. It's pressing against my bladder which is causing all the pressure....Anyway I have to see the doc friday morning about what they're gonna do for me..The pain was so bad today, all they had given me was ibuprofen, so I called them back and they gave me a scrip for viciden!! So Im hoping those help....

On top of things, my friends shower is this saturday night, which somehow I have to manage making 4 dozen brownies, a cheesecake, a choc cream pie, 3 dozen cupcakes and a cake for!!!! UNREAL!!!!!
The only good thing about that is the fact that I feel like garbage, so I wont want to eat it!!! On top of it all I gained 2.5 lbs last week, cause Ive been down in out and unable to workout!!! It's killing me

Did anyone happen to see the show last night, THE BIGGEST LOSER?
I really enjoyed it, they took 12 people split them into 2 groups, each group is following a different diet /workout strategy, so see who can lose the most weight by the end of each week.. it's on from 8-9, try to check it out

Hello to, Jane, Marti, Mindee, Cristi, Angie, Jen, Kathy, RosieKate, Shanna, Sue, Susan and anyone else I missed

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:41 PM   #45  

Good Evening ladies--

Well, let me tell you how my day was.....BUSY! I was amazed at all the work we had to do and the phone calls that had to be made and all the issues I had to fix.... I told the woman who was helping me out that she does a fantastic job at what she does because some of the stuff I'm learning is complex....while others is pretty easy.

I had to make a call to a draw station today to get some information on a patient....the woman on the other end was busy and her attitude showed it....made me uncomfortable. I was telling some people to give me a few months of working there before I can handle difficult people on the phone! (I wouldn't have lasted at your job Shanna!)

Anyway.....enough of that.

Jane--I hope you're getting enough rest tonight so tomorrow you can tell us more about your trip. And I hope your family gets the photos back soon so you can post some!

Angie--I was laughing when I read your post! There was a time James took me to this little zoo, and the gorilla did NOT like my presents! I saw everyone go up to the cage and it didn't have any issues but when I got up to it....low and behold.....I got a major attitude coming towards me w/a handful of "CRAP" thrown at me. She missed! But she kept her eye on me the whole time I was there!!! ***still makes me laugh----animals*** (of coarse I wasn't quite laughing at the time)

Mindee--I will keep Tommy in my thoughts that everything turns out ok. So maybe another bun in the oven??? Well keep us updated and let us know ok?

Katy--I really need to start walking more. I have this motivation inside of me that wants to work out too! Must start! I think that it's nice to have someone be there w/you to have a walking buddy.

Susan--No need to put a camera up in a tree.... you just come back and tell us how it all went. You don't have to share all. (some things may be TOO private to share) I'm just so excited for you. Too bad your girls can't come w/you...maybe next time!

Julie--I did see that show! And I couldn't believe the whining one of the girls did about it all...but I'm also not in her situation so I don't know what it's like. I just would think that if I were given a personal trainer to show me how to eat, exercise and to give me motivation and encouragment....I would love it. I was amazed at how much they lost in the first week!

Hello to everyone else out there!!

Ok...Must go find out what to have for dinner and call James and see where he's at! He has to be at work by 7:30....and he's STILL not home. Hope he's ok.

check in tomorrrow!