Old 10-16-2004, 08:20 PM   #16  

Hello Gals!

Sorry it's been a bit, but I've had a rough week this week, so not much time to checkin with you all!!! Well where to begin, I've been having bad pelvic and back pain so I went to the doctors and now they are concerned that I have an ovary issue!!! So they gave me ibuprofen and I have to go for a vaginal scope procedure tuesday!!! It's just one thing after another with me!!!

As far as the "BABY" issue, we got some confusing news, we were under the impression that it was his testosterone, now they are saying his count reads normal, so its back to the drawing board, now they are suggesting a urologist....needless to say we are very discouraged right now!!! I'm actually giving thought about becoming a foster parent, but I dont know if we meet the qualifications here in Rhode Island, if we cant have our own,. we'd love to help a child that might need us, but who knows it could just be another let down!!!
As far as my dieting, I've really lost sight of it, between all of our health issues, Ihavent felt well enough to work out, or watch what Im eating...So Im getting a little disgusted with myself!!! Guess thats it for now, I hope all is well with you all.

Hi to , Jane. Marti, Jen, Kathy, Katie, Shanna, Angie, Cristina, Susan. Sue,and Mindee!!

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 11:17 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good evening ladies~

Well, Ms Jane I hope you all are having a fantastic time at Disney World, which I know you are.

Katy~sorry to hear about your shoulder. I know mine gets pretty bad sometimes but ice and tylenol help. Of course I haven't taken anything stronger for it, just brave the pain when it gets bad. Hope yours gets to feeling better.

Susan~Rocky does sound like a sweetheart. And I know you can't wait to get down there. I had to go check out the place (Hilo) and boy, it is BEAUTIFUL!! I definitely want to come with you!

Kathy~keeping my fingers crossed that you guys get the property and the tests go well. I love Target, but also like Wal-Mart too. But I usually do more shopping at Wal-Mart. You threw me when you said Merry Christmas! I was thinking I missed something. You guys really have an early winter there. We get some snow, not every year and I am hoping since we had snow the last two years we don't get any or much this winter. I love the snow as long as no one has to drive in it.

Katie~I am with you on your cause. Does this mean they won't have anything to do with the Salvation Army?? I wonder also if it is all Targets. I say that because Target has always collected toys for the Salvation Army. That would be awful. Although, they still have the tree in the mall where you can choose a child or two, or more to buy gifts for. We have done that.

Shanna~you poor thing, sending some ((((HUGS)))) your way. I wish there were some magic words to say to lessen the stress for you and DBF. How the heck did you manage to have a license for 9 years? We have to renew ours every 4 years, which now they are making it to where you have to take a test to renew-ick! I hate those tests.

Julie~I am so sorry to hear about the "baby" issue and having a bad week. Hope things get better for you. ((((HUGS)))) to you.

Anyway...HI to everyone else

Well, not a whole lot going on with me. But then that is a given on most days. LOL got my house cleaned today after we loaded V's truck with stuff to go to the dump. Then spent the rest of the day working in the garage building shelves and getting things organized. Thinking of planting bulbs tomorrow after Mass. Not sure but I think I need to get them planted sometime this week. Also, washed my car really good, armorall and all. So everything is at least clean, for now.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 01:07 PM   #18  
kitty Momo

Sunday

We are also traveling over to Kona, the other side of the island --- for a night or 2.
With his son....very proper....lol
His son is 10, lost his mother at 23 days old. I think I said that before.
Daddy has had one or two girlfriends before but Kris hated them...lol....and dad wasn't ready to pursue anything.....until now.......wooohooo..

jk

I better get to church!! Just was going to add it wasn't him that said he had offered money for medical expenses to this one member........it was her telling me.....and how sweet he was ....
It wouldn't be in it for him to brag about good deeds he was doing..........he has a huge heart....

gotta go!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:38 PM   #19  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello Ladies
Kathy I hate snow! We didnt' get near as much as you all did up north. But its BRRRR cold here. So cold I froze this morning at football. We were on the road at 7 am for his first game. Took a good 2 hours after the game for my butt to thaw.
The Bay owns Zellers, Fields, and will be taking over Target in Canada, from what I hear they will make a few Zellers into Targets.
Congrats on the acreage!

Susan, I wish I was going there! Im cold and need warmth....

Katy, I love Star Wars too, and can hum the theme song...I used to be in figure skating and did a solo with the song.

Julie, I watched Dr. Phil the other day about older kids needing adoptive parents.

Well I am so tired right now I can't stop yawning, I almost fell asleep during rehearsal today.
ttfn
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 08:07 PM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Been busy around here! Lots of chatting away.

Been feeling better but tired. And James & I have so much organizing and cleaning to do that, that is what we've been doing all day.

Wanted to pop in and say hi to you all and tell you that I will post tomorrow and do individuals. Hope you're having a great weekend.

until tomorrow.....
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:13 AM   #21  

Good Morning ladies--

So much has been going on over the weekend, I will try my best to get everyone during my individuals!

Cristina--Super Target?! Now that would be something interesting for around here. The Wal-mart here in my town is remodeling and adding groceries.....but IMO, it's nothing close to being a super wal-mart! For one, the didn't expand the building in anyway...just rearranged the place (made it more cramped) and added a few coolers w/food. Now what was the point of all that? Not enough to do any grocery shopping, so I think it's all a waste of time.

Susan--I also checked out the place and you're going to have the time of your life! I'm so excited for you! I envy you and all the others who are taking off for vacation! I hope you have the time of your life and that this will be the time that you will never forget! Take pictures!! Don't forget that camera of yours!

Katiecat--
I can't believe that they won't have Salvation Army bellringers near your target! (I'm sure it's w/every Target store) but that has always been one of my favorite parts of the holidays. Making sure I make a donation and hearing the bells ringing....puts you in the holiday mood. At least for me. Sorry to hear about your son getting a ticket! That cop must have been in a sour mood to give out a ticket rather than a warning.

Kathy--I'm not sure how Jhanai's costume is coming along.....I haven't asked. Her friends mother is making it for her. I don't know that family so I don't talk w/them. I have her this weekend coming up (which is the party) and I'm excited to do her hair and outfit. I will get some photos and make sure I share. As for the blender and smothie maker...I have no idea what the difference is....all I know is, if I won it.....that would just be one more item that I would have to find a place for in my kitchen!

Shanna--I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so stressed out. Where was this job interview at?? I hope things get better for you and that everything starts to ease up. I can't even begin to imagine trying to work and go to school. I say that to all the students that work at OML....how they do it is beyond me. Every break I see them head to the office to do homework....what kind of break is that? Keeping my fingers crossed that things get better for you.

Julie--My fingers are crossed for you as well about the baby situation. I've never had that issue so I have no idea what you're going through, but my thoughts are w/you and hoping that you two will have your baby.

Angie--You guys have snow already? Is that normal this time of year? I have no idea what the weather is like in Canada....I just assume that the entire world is soaked in rain like Oregon is. It's suppose to rain all week here! James has to work in it so he's not too thrilled about that. I hate driving in it when other drivers don't think to slow down when there is lots of standing water on the parts of the freeway!

Good morning to all the other ladies....I know I didn't get you all, I got all that I was able to scroll back to and read....my apologies...I really need to hit the showers, I heard on the news that there is some traffic issues on both sides of the freeway somewhere, so I need to leave early to make sure I find an alternative route. Not sure if it will be in my driving area, but it doesn't hurt to make sure I'm not stuck in it! I guess a three tractor trailer was hit by a one tractor trailer.......that has got to be a big mess!

Ok...off I go. You all take care and I will keep in touch more now that I'm feeling better.

Have a great Monday morning!
Old 10-18-2004, 02:13 PM   #22  
One day at a time

Smile

Did everyone go off with Jane and family?? Kind of quiet around here since she left. Anyhoo...HAPPY MONDAY TO ALL!

Didn't have much to say yesterday so didn't post but I thought of you all. Went to Mass, the later one (11:30) and to a different church that DS seems to like better. I'm not so sure about. I am used to the one close to home and even though the service is just a bit longer I like to hear witty Father Mike. He is not so boring and stern. He tries to make it fun, or parts of it anyway. I guess Saturday I did something to my foot when I was washing my car, not sure what as I didn't feel anything then. But Saturday evening it was hurting as it was yesterday and a little today. So yesterday I tried to stay off my feet after Mass. It seems to have helped a little. Needless to say I didn't get my bulbs planted. That is definitely on my 'To Do' list for this week. As for today, getting my laundry done and straightening the house-so glad I cleaned it Saturday so not much to do there. I'm glad the weekend weather was gorgeous. We were outside most of Saturday well into the evening. Of course now we are supposed to be getting some thunderstorms tomorrow & Wed. But then the weather changes everyday so who knows.

Susan~so are you counting down the days 'til HI? So what is right this time for Rocky and dating? Or did he just decide that Kris is at an age where he can better accept him having someone special in his life? Dating gets kind of tricky when kids are involved, but you already know that.

Angie~I remember those days of early games with the kids, or late ones when we lived in the desert. Boy, in the fall/winter it got really cold-brrrrr! Of course the wind didn't help. I would wear layers of clothes and take hot tea. Still would have to go to the car and warm up and then head back out.

Marti~I know what you mean about people driving in the rain. I swear it seems that they speed more when it's raining. That's what they did at the one Target that is by the mall-they didn't expand the building but just rearranged things and added freezers to accomadate some food. They don't have everything a grocery store has but a little. I guess they thought they should try to add the groceries so they don't lose their business to the Super Target. I don't think it is as big as Wal-Mart. Maybe Wal-Mart seems bigger because of the Garden Dept. which the super Target doesn't have. Anyway, glad to hear you are feeling better.

A big HI to everyone else.

That's about all I have for now ladies. Hope everyone has a great day! Take care.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:10 PM   #23  
kitty Momo

pssssst - finally got those newsletters off in the mail!! yay......took forever.

Been really thirsty today - working on a 50 oz bottle of water.

Gaby keeps me hopping.Think her father is back to drugging. Talked with his mother over the weekend, very sweet lady. Lost one daughter to brain cancer, losing another son to meth use and of course,,,,,Mike,,,,,she is a great support to me.
We talked about Gaby and she laughed.

Getting out from some $$$ problems finally!! It has been 7 weeks or so now. Solved the problem and feel so much better, was under some heavy depression there for awhile.....

ummm, the boy is 2 years older now. I guess that is the main difference. Also she was his first girfriend and that probably added stress to his friendship with her. Wasn't a real serious thing but he did like her........though the boy didn't, probably felt threatened.....especially since he might see his father as his world.
Though his late mothers family is very involved in his life.....maybe that is another factor.
It needs to be ok for him to move on, he deserves that......has been 10 years.

anyway, better go

working on Novembers newsletter already........and 14 days to go!!! YAY
Old 10-18-2004, 08:53 PM   #24  
Give me strength

Hello Ladies
Christina, did you twist your ankle? I have weak ankles and have to watch my step. All my years playing sports. We had a pastor that made the sermons fun, I had to go to mass alot when I was a child, and when I say alot I mean 2-3 times a week. And Father Mooso (sp) made it a droaaaning bore.
Susan, 15 days now? Im getting excited, thinking of all the fun WE are going to have in Hawaii when we come for a visit...lol

I was feeling so good this afternoon, was feeling like I was ahead of the game and had a day off tomorrow and plans to have lunch with my good friend Pasqualina, weeeeeellll that all changed with one phone call.....Tanner's teacher called begging me to help out with the Zoo school tomorrow. Me of all people,,,I hate the cold and the zoo. grrrrr how could I say no? I know,,,NO! Heck she went to alot of trouble tracking me, I just bought a new cell phone with a new number and she found me.....doesn't help that Tanner's lips are flapping in the wind. So I now have to go over to Wally's and return a pair of not so warm winter boots for some warm ones...
So better get going....*sigh
Angie
Old 10-18-2004, 09:00 PM   #25  

Well, here I am. Guess I kind of disappeared for a week! Just got so busy. I checked in a couple times, but by the time I read the posts, I didn't have time left for one of my own! Ahhh, such is life.

I went absolutely "hog wild" with food over the weekend. Literally. But I've done fabulous today. I also hopped on my stepper for awhile. Couldn't get outside much after work, it was cold and rainy. But soon, especially after the time change Halloween weekend, it's going to be too dark after work to walk.

I really don't have anything earth-shattering to say. Perhaps that's why I haven't found the time to post lately. hmmm....

I am now finally starting to feel like I understand what to do in my new job. So far I really like it, but I guess you could say I'm in the "honeymoon" phase. It is quite a bit less stressful! PERFECT!

Well, I'm exhausted right now. Guess I'm going to turn in early so I feel better tomorrow.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 10:32 PM   #26  
kitty Momo

I am counting it as 14 because I will be there on the 15th day....lol

SO excited and so happy with him.

Hawaii dims in comparison ......it is him that I want to see...lol......though, yes. He does have a house so you all can visit... and stay free.....lol

Welcome back Jen .....
Old 10-18-2004, 11:39 PM   #27  
Give me strength

I hope you are buying lots of film.
Monte and I were talking awhile ago about our next trip being to Hawaii, renting a condo near the beach. I hope you are settled there by then so we can hang out too.

Angie
Old 10-19-2004, 12:53 AM   #28  

Evening ladies--

I'm not sure whats going on w/my computer, it doesn't want me logged on very long. Kicked me off twice already since I've been home. Let's see how long it will let me stay on!

Cristina--Sure hope your foot starts feeling better. Nothing like trying to get things done while you're limping around. I also have a TO DO list....more like a shopping list for the holidays coming up. I think I should start doing my shopping now. I know of a few things Jhanai & James both want.....just getting out there to buy it is the part I need to do.

Susan--I've been really thirsty lately too. Seems like I'm constantly refilling my water bottle up. I've already drank 5, 20oz bottles today. That's a lot! I'm still so excited about your trip to Hawaii. Of coarse I say bring your camera, but do make sure that you have some one take photos of the two of you together. That way you have some for yourself when you get back home. Do you think that he'll come to Oregon to visit w/you? I'm sure he will. SO excited for you! (pssst....if you need a photographer, just let me know!)

Angie--You are one busy gal! How do you and Monte ever get some quality time together w/you buzzin around all the time?! Is he as busy as you? Now, you can't go to Hawaii on your next vacation w/out your trusty photographer...so make sure if you go, you hire the same one that I suggested for Susan!

Jen--Glad that you're getting the hang of your job. I feel like I'm overwhelmed w/information that I need to remember. That, or my brain is just so rusty from sitting on my butt for a year and a half! My job isn't so bad, but I can definately tell a difference in bonding w/the people. Working at Sony and having to work 12hr. day w/your co-workers, you really got to become friends w/a lot of them....I miss that. I'm still not on a set schedule yet for me to really start to get to know the people I work with. Maybe someday......

Hello to the rest of the crowd.

Well, so far I haven't been kicked off. But I'm typing away like there is no tomorrow! As I had metioned to Susan, I'm so thirsty lately. I feel so dehydrated! I'm not sure why that is, but I've been drinking water and getting up an hour earlier than the alarm clock every morning and that puts me in a grumpy mood. Anybody have the problem?

Nothing much going on w/me. Liking my job so-so, I can't say right now that it's my favorite job I've ever had. Trying to get used to sitting on my butt all day. First job I've ever had that I sit while I work. Boy....my butt is going to hate me in a few months if I don't work on it! Still walking around the hospital during my breaks to get some walking in. And I use ALL the stairs instead of the elevator. It's only 3 stories so it's not like I have many to climb.

Ok.....wanted to catch up and say hello.

I'll pop in tomorrow morning if i have time.

Good night all!
Old 10-19-2004, 07:24 AM   #29  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

Well, our Sunday was a quiet one….well sort of. We missed a phone call because we were busy playing with Brandon, so Tommy checked to see who it was and it was his mom. I went into the bathroom, and didn’t even realize he called anyone.

I went in there to ask him who called, and he told me it was his mom. I asked him what she was calling for, and he told me that she was calling because she wanted to know if we were going to be home. Tommy said, “well, we should be. We have to still go grocery shopping.” Tommy asked her why and she said they were coming over, and she said “so we can see you, Mindee, and the baby.” Tommy said “who?” and she said “to see you and the baby.” Tommy then said “he does have a name, it is Brandon.” She said “but I call all kids “the baby.”” Tommy said “We gave him a name for a reason. So he would be called by it!” She told him “get off your high horse.” He said “I am not on one. His name is Brandon. So call him by it!” She told Tommy that they would be over in a little while.

Tommy told me this, and we decided that it was time to go grocery shopping. While we were walking to the grocery store, Tommy said “do you want to go here (talking about the market at the end of our street) or all the way over there (talking about a cheaper place to shop, but it was about 4 or 5 blocks away)?” I said “Value Center (the further away one), because here (the one on the corner of our street) would be the first place that they would look.”

We get home from shopping, and they weren’t here. So we breathed a collective sigh oh relief. Tommy called his brother Al to tell him about a new Dorito that is out since his brother is into spicy foods like him. Wendy, Al’s wife, answered the phone and said that Tommy’s mom and Dad, came over to their house asking them where we were at. And how come we weren’t home. Tommy said to Wendy, “Oh my gosh. I told her that we had to go grocery shopping.”

While we were walking to Value Center, Tommy kept turning around looking to see if he saw them turn down our street. We got almost there and I started laughing. He goes “what is so funny?” I said “I never thought I would see the day when you would be avoiding your mom at all costs.” Like I pointed out to Tommy, I have been nothing but nice to this lady (her daughter Kim and son Tim) and now I have to watch what I say around them because in one way or another it will end up getting turned around and used against me. Like, I said, I have been nothing but nice to them for five years now, and I get crapped upon in return! So I am done dealing with it! If it were only up to me, she wouldn’t be his grandma, Kim wouldn’t be his aunt and Tim wouldn’t be his uncle. In fact right now, when Kim is mentioned in one of our conversations, she is just Kim or daddy’s sister, not Aunt Kim. She has had nothing to do with him since he was born. Yeah at family occasions and what not when she had to be nice, she was, but after it was over it went back to the same.

Me and Tommy were playing cards the other night and I had Brandon sitting on my lap. Well, out of nowhere he busted out in this big old belly laugh. I ended up winning that hand and then handed him to Tommy so that I could do something. A couple hands later he started doing the big belly laugh again. I said “uh oh daddy must have a good hand.” Tommy got down to one card left, and he was trying to flip it over so I could see it. Tommy goes “bubba, did mommy pay you off in cookies so you would cheat for her?” and Brandon started laughing his big belly laugh again.

Marti~ How are you feeling? Better….I hope!

Cristi~ Wow! I remember you telling us about that, but it sounds exactly like my MIL! I have already told Tommy, when they started there last round of bull, that if it happened again, as far as I am concerned Brandon will only have one grandma, my mom. He then told me “if we cut ties with one then we have to cut ties with both.” I said “I will NOT cut ties with my parents because they have helped us out in numerous situations when your mom looked at us like we had three heads a piece. I do NOT want my son around people that are going to be mean to me or my family. I absolutely refuse.” And then all this new stuff has come to light and I will stand put on what I have said.

Susan~ I agree…..Rocky sounds like a really nice guy!!!

Snow? Already? Who said that nasty old word!?!?!?!?

Kathy~ Brandon was in the hospital because I decided to try a last attempt at seeing if he would breastfeed. Well it was going good at first and then, all he** (is it okay if I use that word?) broke loose. He turned pale on us, was very sleepy, didn’t want to do much, So I called the doctor’s office and they told me to rush him into the office. Thankfully I was watching my sister’s daughter because she gave us a ride to the doctor’s office. We then got sent to the hospital where me and Brandon stayed for four nights/five days. He was diagnosed with failure to thrive. But you can’t tell that by looking at him now!!

You can go to:

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/our1munchkin it is password protected, and the password is baby!

Shana~ that is awesome that you took a step in a new direction and got a new picture to show off the new you!

Katy Cat~ I have set the boundaries and my MIL, SIL Kim and BIL Tim keep pushing them. So they are going to find themselves on the outside looking in if they don’t shape up or they can ship out!

For some reason, I wasn’t getting the emails for this thread!

Julie~ I am so sorry to hear about all the rough stuff that you guys have been through! I hope you guys are able to get to the bottom of things really soon!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:35 PM   #30  
One day at a time

Smile

Good Morning Ladies~

Marti~DON'T mention the 'C' word! I don't even want to think about Christmas shopping although I know I need to. I only have Vince and the kids to buy for and sometimes my parents. But I usually get the parents a gift certificate since I don't actually see them. But the kids...it gets harder every year because they don't really need anything. So trying to find something they will actually like or use is hard. For their birthday I started years ago giving them cash, which they like. DD would love to just have the cash for Christmas but I feel like I have to get gifts, even if it is a gift certificate. They all end up with one because they love their music and books and there is no way I would pick out the right CD's or books unless they give me a list. I know what you mean about sitting on the job. I have always tried to get jobs where I can sit if I want but am mostly on my feet. My booty is big enough! I do hope you get to liking your job better as time goes on.

Angie~no didn't twist my ankle. It's the ball of my foot that is hurting and I am not sure why. It is not swollen and doesn't look like I was bit so I have no clue. Just know if it doesn't get better in a few days I am going to go to the doc. Even though it was hurting I went to Mass Sunday and if anyone is Catholic (I'm not, but DS is and I go with him) and knows how they are they are up and down through-out the service. I got up a couple of times and said the heck with it because I looked funny trying to stand on one foot! LOL Hope you have a fun day! You know, I don't think I have ever met anyone who hates the zoo, well, other than my kids! LOL Everytime we went on vacation I always had to visit the zoo-I LOVE zoo's! So they have been to so many they are sick of them. I can go and go and go and never tire of any zoo. The one we have here is not so great but I have been several times and plan on going several more times. Don't know what it is.

Jen~glad you are getting used to your new job. I almost forgot that you started the new job. Hey, don't worry about not having anything earth shattering to say. I never have anything earth shattering to write about but I still post away. Probably bore the heck out of everyone-oh well. I guess I just like to check in and see how everyone is doing and hoping everyone is fine and just to say Hi if nothing else.

Susan~I can understand wanting to see the man and not so much thinking of the place but hey you are talking about Hawaii! I think meeting a sweetheart of a man, not to mention goodlooking, in Hawaii would be the best thing ever! It would make the visit more special I would think. Of course that is me. What better place to meet someone than in beautiful Hawaii?! I can totally see Kris feeling threatened by someone coming into his dads life. But at the same time I think he is at an age that he has to know that dad needs someone special in his life. I know my kids used to wish I would meet someone special but when I would date they felt a little threatened. Sorry to hear about Gaby's dad. But glad his mother is a sweet person to you and Gaby. Sounds like she has gone through a lot.

Mindee~you shouldn't have to cut ties with your family if you cut ties with the in-laws. At least your in-laws do want to come around. I think that is the difference between ours. They may not be the best but mine wants nothing to do with us which is their loss. Maybe you guys can work it out before things get out of hand. Have you guys sat your MIL down and had a talk with her and explained things, how you feel? Let her know how you feel with Tommy there of course. I would hate to see the family break up. I only say that because I have gone through it and have definitely tried with the in-laws and they just don't care. We actually didn't cut the ties but they did by not inviting us to family events and such. But with you guys you have a son and I think it is different when kids are involved. My kids are not related to the in-laws so it's a little different. Anyway, something to think about. I do hope think work out for the best for you all. Now as for Brandon, I did go and check out the newest pics and he is a cutie pie! Getting bigger too!

Well, nothing new on my part-same old stuff, different day. Don't really have much to do today except get some letter writing done and mailed and some emails sent. Going to make a pot of stew for dinner with some cornbread muffins. So...hoping everyone is having a fine day! Take care.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-19-2004 at 12:52 PM.