Old 10-04-2004, 08:15 PM   #16  

HIYA! Well, I'm feeling better, both with PMS and pain. At least Monday was good for something!

Oh yeah, it was good for a new job too! Have to say, a little confused right now, but I would be more concerned if I wasn't. It is something new after all. I think I am going to like it. I sure hope so anyway.

I'm trying really hard to stay on the wagon. The weekend wasn't so great, I guess it was the whole PMS thing. But today is all new. Ate a nice healthy lunch of veggies, as good as you can get in a hospital cafeteria, had leftover chili and cornbread for dinner. Probably sneak in a snack before bed, but I can afford it today. And then I came home and took a walk with the poochie.

Jane - I found that alot of Progresso's soups are yummy. And many are not too terrible in calories. Oh, and btw, we went out to dinner on Saturday, ALL of the kids were monsters, 3 different tables were screaming. When one quit, the next started. I think they planned it just for me!

Julie - I don't know what to tell you about your friend. I hate to see people try to take advantage of someone like that. I guess I don't understand what the big rush is this time to push a shower and wedding. I would think all the excitement and stress would be a bad thing.

Marti - Don't think I didn't try 1 or 2 or 3 of those cookies before I sent them off with dbf. I had to make sure I wasn't sending him with a bad batch ya know! How long has it been since you've talked to your sister?

Katy - You are much more creative than I am. I did sign up for a couple of classes through the activity center today. "Superior Soups" and "Beginning Yoga". That's about as good as I get. If they go well, I may sign up for a couple more. But I can do nothing with sewing or knitting.

Angie - OMG, I didn't realize Brandon's surgery was that much work. When is he going to have that done?

Lucky - I've got one bowl of chili left, if you hurry, I'll save it for you! It was only 55 today, and down to 28 tonight, so it tasted good!

Well, guess I've got to go do something. Seems there's always something.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:49 PM   #17  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I was a hit with my soup today! Thanks Jen. I made the butternut squash one...yum

Jane, I do the same thing each time we leave for holidays, I always tell each side of the family they wil for each side. And if something does happen and they don't follow our wishes we will haunt them...so far so good...lol

Marti, I used to work nights and I remember it throwing my system out of wack.

RK I used to sew all the time too, both boys baby rooms were my handiwork, bridesmaid gowns, christmas outfits, quilts, I did alot of fun things and most without a pattern cause I hate following them. Your crocheting ponchos? So in right now, I got one from Wallys last week to match my suede pink boots...lol Im going to have to go back and buy a black or red one.

Julie, you are a good friend, but yes you need to let her know shes overstepping the friendship boundaries.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALE!!!!!!!

Well I have great news and some cranky news...
I was told on Friday that if you are going in for surgery you should never take Advil before cause its a blood thinner,,,i didnt know that and here is Brandon sucking back close to 20 a day. So I was worried, I called this morning and had to page his Dr. She comes on and says hes fine,,,then proceeds to tell me that we may be able to avoid this surgery. Heart pounding,,,she goes onto say she was at a conference this past weekend and brought up Brandon as one her sever cases, and one other DR across Canada said he had a similar case recently and did this non ivasive ( cutting open) procedure, he is under, but they draw blood, doa biopsy, and shoot him up with steriods,,,and of course check his mobility while under. I was close to tears hearing this cause ya Im stressed over this, and when I got home I excitedly tell him,,,hes mad about all the work he did telling his teachers and dealing with his guidance councilor and all his friends know, and well work and well he wants the surgery. arghhhh I have been talking non stop about this being a good thing and hes not seeing it that way. Being 17 he does have his rights, infact if he doesn't want me in the dr office I can't go in,,,,so don't know what more I can do, he wants me to talk to her tomorrow and explain his side...I don't want to. But I think what I will do is call and see about a quick office visit before surgery so they can talk.
other then that nothing else is happening....lol....
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:24 AM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hey ladies....I hear you all were missing me!

I am back now. I broke our hard drive....I turned it off before it was done closing down, so we had to take it up to my parents so that my dad could fix it. while we was fixing it, we went into town with my mom and she got Brandon's pictures taken. They come in on the 18th, and I can't wait to get them!!!! I will try and post them later if I can figure out a way to do it. If not, I will get them up on his webpage when we get them! My mom even got a family picture of us three with a christmas background.

lets see....what else has been going on? Brandon is almost rolling over. He will get his body over, but then his shoulders get in the way and won't let him roll over. he is also trying to crawl/scoot around when he is on his belly.

oh yeah....our furance has also been out for about a week or two now. I have to call the guy when I get up, which means I better get my booty to sleep. thank goodness for having a fireplace!

that about covers it from this end.....I am back on the computer now, so I should be able to check in more!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:28 AM   #19  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

goodmorning-everyone

I'll-just-say-goodmorning-because-our-keyboard-is-not-working-and-I-have-no-space-bar.

Have-a-wonderful-day

Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:39 AM   #20  
GmaTo8

Happy Tuesday, ladies!

Kathy - lol, hope you get a new keyboard soon! Also hope you get the land you're bidding on. Is it close to where you are now? My niece has stamping parties and always tries to get me to come, but I tell her No Way until I use up some of the scrapbooking supplies I have. But stamping really can be creative!

Jen - glad you're liking the new job, and hope the people are nice. When I'm at a restaurant and a child near starts acting up, if they look my way, I start playing peek-a-boo with them. That usually surprises them enough that they hush and start playing it back with me.

Angie - aww sweetie, you need a hug! (((HUG))) Well, maybe you could have the doc talk to Brandon face-to-face and explain how much better the no-surgery option is? What does Monte think about it?

Katy - glad you got your group pictures even without the photog. Wow, you really are a Renaissance woman! I never did get the hang of knitting or crochet. Good luck with your classes this week. Even if you are too busy to post much, know that we're thinking of you, ok?

Marti - so are you getting a new hair style or just a trim? I'm getting mine done today. Glad you and your honey had fun this weekend. How's the pen pal thing going with Jhanai and Dani? I hardly ever get to talk to her mom.

Cristi - how's the back? Much better, I hope. Did you ever get the Terry Village catalog? I know you like catalogs, like me, and this one is so good. It's the one Jen told us about.

Julie - hmmm, I'm thinking your friend is somewhat of a parasite. She bears watching closely and pregnant or not, may have to be dumped, lol. Good luck at the consultation today.

Mindee - glad to see you! I kinda thought you had computer problems. Hope you get the furnace fixed soon.

Shanna - git your bony butt in here, missy!! How're classes going? Did you find enough mouths to x-ray?

Susan - I'm still waiting on my newletter.. (fingers strumming the table), lol. Have fun with your little one today.

Hi also to Sam, Sue, Katiecat, and anyone else reading this.

As I told Marti, I'm getting my hair trimmed in length and colored today. I haven't been to the salon in months and months. Mary has been doing my hair color, and I've been letting the layers grow. Anyway, I want it to look nice for our vacation.

We have just about all the stuff packed for the box we're sending ahead to the resort. This includes diapers, wipes, swim diapers, popcorn, juice boxes, paper products like plates & bowls, peanut butter in a tube and graham crackers wrapped in bubble stuff, Cheerios, raisins, etc, etc. . This is all stuff we aren't bringing back. I'm sending it out on Monday by UPS so I'll have a tracking number. The resort will hold it in the luggage room until we arrive. And it's all in a lime green box so they will have no trouble finding it in the luggage room, lol.

I also have printed labels for postcards so I don't have to bother addressing them, and the postcard stamps are in my billfold.

Jeez, I didn't mean to write a novel! Have a good day!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:45 AM   #21  
self portrait

I just wanted to say a quick hello and to let everyone know that I think about them everyday and wish to god my computer wasn't a pile pf poo so I could come on more frequently, but it takes me like 5 min to get online, and 2-5 minutes to jump between pages, so I would need a good two hours to post everything I want to post and comment on everyones life and mine. With two hours in short supply around here, it is seeming more impossible by the day. LOL Maybe I could be lucky and win a new computer or something. Anywho, Everything is going pretty much the same as I posted last time ( hmmm when was that???;-( sad ) however it has gotten worse since my boyfriend gave me his sickness. It is not his fault of course, it comes with the territory if you live with someone, anyone. However when I have so much stress and so much knowledge being shoved down my throat, I need to keep my strength up. So this is a set-back. Right now I sound like a person named edith who has been smoking for 40 years and still gets her hair set every week.LOL So I have been drinking green tea and trying to hold my head up so the weight of it doesn't tumble off my shoulders. It sucks to be really sick and bone tired when you go to school all day and are already really tired. Heaven help me when someone actually responds to my applications and resumes to offer me a job. I have got nothing back yet, no feedback, no one saying that I exist and they got my bid for a job. Very stressful indeed. Anywho, I just wanted you all to know I am still alive, barely, and that I hope all of you gals have a wonderful week and I will try really hard to set up ablock of time to get on here every week, but in case I don't have the chance you guys are in my heart.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:53 AM   #22  
GmaTo8

Shanna - you and I were posting close to the same time. Keep your chin up, and take care!!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:58 AM   #23  
Give me strength

HA HA HA Shanna good one, about Edith, she came to visit me a few times this year, but she didnt' get her hair set while she was with me but boy can she smoke like a chimney...lol

Jane you are organized hmmm wonder if it comes with being a virgo?
As for Monte, he agrees with me and wants Brandon to do the non surgery part first. Like the Dr said if we can avoid we will, but this may be a delaying prodedure, and Im ok with that. This term he has full classes so I was worried about school also, grade 12 is not a year to mess with. Next term he has 2 classes of importance that would be easier to work around then 4 right now.

I have a list of things I want to do today,,,Im expecting too much from me today but I like a challenge.
better get doing that...
Angie
Old 10-05-2004, 10:05 AM   #24  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies--

Cristina--When you get more time, come visit us! I do love how you stop in to say hi during your busy time though!

Julie--Ok, I'm with Jane here, a friend like that isn't worth keeping. I would bow out now with the wedding shower and stuff too. There is just so much that should be expected from a friend! Or.....limit the time you see each other in a drastic way, that way there is no way for being taken advantage of. Plus you have your own worries w/the baby you and BF are wanting...why add that to your stress?? Time to move on or have one LONG SERIOUS talk with that girl!

Jen--It's been a year on Halloween since I've talked to my sister. That was the last that I heard or seen of her. She had plans to move into her own place and was temporarily living with some friends until she did. Now the crazy thing is, I heard that this friend lives in MY town!! (which is not big) I figured that there must be something going on with her and she just doesn't want to keep in touch right now. So I just let it go....let her make the first move.

Angie--A good idea about setting up a visit before surgery for the doctor to talk to Brandon. I too sending you BIG HUGS!! (((((((HUGS)))))))) Hope he decides to go the non surgery way.

Mindee--Hope your furnace is fixed so you can keep your little bundle of joy warm. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Kathy--Hope that a new keyboard comes your way. I did enjoy reading your post though.....a little different and entertaining!

Jane--What a great idea w/sending stuff ahead of time for your travels. And the will you wrote up is a good idea too even though its scary having to do it...but you never know with air flights. I think you're family is smart. I'm excited for you all and know that everything will come along just fine and that you'll have so much to tell us by the time you get back home that you'll explode from keeping it in for so long!

Shanna--Hope you start to feeling better. Keep drinking your fluids and start taking your vitamins. Very important. Don't want to be sick for too long. Very hard to concentrate and study when you have a cold. Sending good vibes that you start feeling better soon. (((((((GET WELL!)))))))))

Well, as you can see, I am posting early. I should be in bed. BUT......after I took a shower yesterday afternoon, so I can get ready to go the beauty salon, I got a call from work asking if I could come in early because they are short on people. Not a problem. So I had to call the salon and cancell my appointment and rushed to work by 1:30. They want me in today at 11:30. I asked if they need me early all week....they don't know yet, they have to see how nights will do w/out me. So much for tackling my hair! I wanted to get a layered style using a razor cut and that was it.....ask about prices for coloring hair and possibly do that the next time........but now who knows when it will be done.

I am tired. I got to bed late and woke up at 6:00......I have things I need to do before I go to work. BUT---I got my trusty old coffee to start my day and I even bought some International coffee for a sweet taste!! French Vanilla being my FAVORITE!

Ok....I must get going.....sorry this turned out so long!

Take Care
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:06 AM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Angie! Hi Jane! Didn't realize you two were on as I was typing that long post!

Hope you have a wonderful morning!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:35 AM   #26  
RosieKate

Ok - I can't resist the WWLJD thread - I just have too many opinions about things....Should start my own Dear Abby column, since I know everything, you know, lol!

Jane - Did you know i also tap dance? Seriously. Been on hiatus since DD - just no time, but I've been getting the urge lately...gotta finish the ponchos first

Jen- If you haven't done yoga before, you are in for a treat. I used to practice right after DS was born. I was so heavy and had a sore back all the time - and yoga was great for that. I usually stay away from family restaurants...that's probably why I don't think kids are monsters, in general. I also stay away from the grocery store between 5 and 7.....I feel for you - cause I can just visuallize what was happening in the restaraunt. It helps to spend some time around kids who are happy and engaged, not tired, hungry, and stressed - a whole different world!

I just looked at the time - and I gotta get the DD to preschool...so much I want to write today, but it will have to wait unfortunately..so you are all in my thoughts today and I will get back when I can
Katy
Old 10-05-2004, 11:42 AM   #27  
Give me strength

Marti, I was always told never to razor cut when you have natural waves/curls,,,makes it frizz. Unless its under the bulk of hair, near the nape.
Well thats kinda cool that your not working late into the evening, almost normal hours.
Im stalling I hate cleaning my office,,,
going to go and clean a bathroom that usually jump starts my cleaning frenzy....lol
ttfn
Angie
Old 10-05-2004, 05:31 PM   #28  
GmaTo8

Just peeking in before dinner...

Angie - yep, I think all Virgo are organized. Sounds like next semester would be a lot better for Brandon's surgery.... will he go along with that?

Marti - wow, you are a good employee and I bet they'll remember this when it's evaluation time.

Well, my hair stylist didn't mention at all that I'd even lost 1 pound. She weighs approximately what I did when I began. Hmmmm... but her DH, my nephew, came in just as I was leaving and made up for it. He goes, Oh my God, how much weight have you lost??? Although I don't look to others for validation, it was nice of him to comment on it.

Gotta go make like a cook....

BBL,
Old 10-05-2004, 07:11 PM   #29  

Default hey girls

Well just wanted to touch base while I had a minute, We went to the doctors today, and it was very disappointing, they hadnt even bothered to look into our situation before they saw us, so we learned nothing today!!! They are sending him for more blood work, which means more time to wait!!! They offered us no solutions, and even went into asking if we'd thought of in vitro fertilization......HELLO, we went to have his hormone levels checked so hopefully we could get medicine and avoid the extreeme measure, such as in vitro!!! So needless to say I am very frustrated, because I waited 2 months for basically nothing!!!
Its just so hard to deal with, when everyone around us is having babies left and right, its really makes you feel bad!!! It sounds selfish, but it's tough!!

Hello to all the girls, Jane, Marti, Shanna, Jen, Angie, Cristi, Kathy, Sue, Susan

Jane- your hairdresser is probably jealous!!!! Good for You!!!

MARTI- I love international coffee, chocolate cappucino is my fav!!!

Thats all for now, wish I had more time

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:03 PM   #30  

Getting pretty late for me to be posting tonight! But I don't have to be in until 9am, so I'm good for a little while yet! I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 tonight. It was released on DVD today. I am absolutely disgusted. I knew we had been duped, but not to that extent.

This weekend we are celebrating my Grandmother's 70th birthday. Dbf is going with me. Even though we have been together over 71/2 yrs, he has met my mom only twice, and my aunt once, all related to my hospitalizations. This should be interesting.

Angie - I'm glad the soup went over well. I made the pumpkin soup tonight. I think I put in way too much of the red pepper flakes. Boy is it spicy. And the leftovers will be even worse tomorrow! YIKES! Has Brandon ever had surgery before? As a nurse, I find alot of patients jump on the surgery bandwagon, only to find out it's much more than they expected. Going through it and the recovery are alot worse than hearing how bad it's going to be. I would always try non-surgical options first.

Jane - Oh Jane, it's going to be a cold day in .... Florida (!) before I play peekaboo with kids, let alone strange screaming ones! Lets just agree to disagree on this one. It sounds like your hairdresser probably is jealous of your loss. Too bad she has to feel that way instead of it inspiring her to do the same.

Shanna - or is it Edith? Let me tell you, sometimes it takes a long time for apps to be processed through HR, management, etc. Sometimes alot longer than it should, for whatever reason. Don't give up hope.

Marti - You are officially back in the working world now, schedule changes, up in the air for the rest of the week. That's one thing I always hated, those darn phone calls. It's too bad about your sister. But unfortunately, these things are sometimes for the best. My brother is about 2 1/2 hrs away, and my mom lives with him. I talk to them maybe once or twice a year. And I'm much better off that way. Long story...

Katy - Unfortunately, people around here take there kids just about anywhere. Maybe I should start bringing my collie and 8 cats along! One hairball and I think they'd see my point of view! lol I have done yoga before, even with this instructor. She's alright. I've been in her class a couple of times, once my gynecologist was in there as well. I was in the back of the class that time! I also have a couple of videos, but it's been awhile. I'm hoping this will get me back on track.

Julie - That's too bad you didn't get what you wanted out of your doc. That's so frustrating. Alot of docs forget that patients hire (HIRE) them to take care of them, just like a plumber, electrician, or beautician, and can be fired just as easily. Unless, of course, the specialty is limited in your area.

Well, enough time has passed that I need to get to bed now. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote