3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Our own little Book Club if you will #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/47270-our-own-little-book-club-if-you-will-2-a.html)

suetalks 10-28-2004 03:24 PM

Cristi- The series I have here to start is her Texas series. (Fern) Instead I got another library book by Emilie Richards. I haven't gotten into it yet, and it is due back soon. It might have to go back un-read as I am into sewing some now and lots of walking. Not much time for reading. I will take the series with me when we head West.

FrouFrou 10-28-2004 04:30 PM

Marti~you are welcome!

Angie~the woman warrior books sound interesting. I love most of Fern Michaels but there have been some I have passed on.

Sue~those were the ones I was trying to think of. There's the texas family, the Vegas family and the Kentucky family.

I finished The Wedding last night and while it started out a bit boring and there were a few parts that bored me the ending was good. Bought a paperback at the grocery store that sounded good to me, On A Snowy Night by Debbie Macomber. Not sure why I bought it as I hardly ever buy paperbacks and I don't really need another book since I still have a few on my shelf to read. Plus I ordered a couple from the club. Oh well, good to try something different every now and then.

Edited: Silly me not sure why I thought that book was written by Jude Deverauix (sp?), maybe because I was looking at some of hers. I didn't start that one yesterday but went to The Guardian then will read On a Snowy Night. Not sure I have read anything of hers before.

suetalks 10-31-2004 10:07 PM

I did read the Emilie Richards book, A Parting Glass. Once I started I didn't want to quit. It was very good. I think I will just pick up one of the paperbacks I have here to read this week as I need to make sure I have every library book back for the winter.

Marti 11-02-2004 03:45 PM

I finished "Daddy's Girl" last night. Very good. I stayed up later once I got home to finish it....usually I just read on my breaks at work!

Next is F is for Fugitive....back to Sue Grafton....I have to get these books back to my cousin before she thinks I fell off the earth! :lol:

grapecoffee 11-04-2004 02:49 PM

I love to read!! I have recently read Black Cat the new V.C. Andrews book. Took FOREVER to get through it... and by forever I mean 3 days. lol DH says that I should wait for the whole series to come out and just read it in a weekend. I love love love Piers Anthony's Xanth novels. I am reading something called the Kitchen Witch. Just finished Midnight for Charlie Bone. If you have a kid who liked the Harry Potter books, this one is cute.

sandbeachgirl 11-05-2004 09:20 AM

For the person who liked the Janet Evanovich books...if you like funny, light reading try thr Shopoholic series by Sophie Kinsella. They really made me laugh. I still love Stephanie Plums novels the best, but sometimes I have to read before she gets another one out. Everyone I have recommended them too have loved them. ANd thses people are all very different.
I love a good book. reading Angry Housewives Eating BOn BOns right now. Anyone read that?

da fat n da furious 11-06-2004 02:10 AM

That would be me who likes Janet Evanovich,,,just got mail from her advertisting people about her latest book. And all her stops for book signing.
Will look into your Angry Housewives eating Bon Bons,,,and the Shopohlics...Ive seen but never picked up.
Thanks for the info...

sandbeachgirl 11-06-2004 05:37 PM

Please tell me it is a Stephanie Plum book??? I know they have re-released a lot of her old stuff but I don't enjoy it that much. Just read Rocky Road to Romance..it was ok at best.

da fat n da furious 11-06-2004 11:58 PM

Sorry its another series shes got going,,,Metro Girl

Just picked up another Nora Roberts book at Costco....even thou I have 2 other books waiting for me to pick them up and then bring them back to the library. yikes! I have to say I have doubled my fees there just from late fees....arghhhh

chubby_smuckles 11-07-2004 12:00 AM

hey i don't mean to barge in, but i was wondering how to start my own post. if you could please help i would be ever so grateful! you can message me my name is chubby_smuckles. thanks for your help!

da fat n da furious 11-07-2004 12:13 AM

I pmed chubby_smuckles to let her know shes had already made a post and to join us in chit chat....

FrouFrou 11-08-2004 12:33 PM

Haven't been in a reading mood lately but I did finally finish On A Snowy Night. I liked it of course goofy me when I bought the book didn't realize that it is actually two stories in one. :doh: Will finish The Guardian next. Haven't been reading it much, not because it is boring but because just haven't been in the mood and have been busy with other stuff. Not sure what I will read after that.

Tea Rose 11-08-2004 08:39 PM

Hi Everyone
I didn't know about this until Jane brought it to my attention. I just recently started reading again after a long time and I think I'm making up for it now, I will give you a short list of the books I have read in the last 6 months or so and I enjoyed all of them.

Author -Barbara Taylor Bradford
Three weeks in Paris
Hold the Dream
Where You Belong
Emma's Secret
A woman of Substance
To Be The Best
Waiting for the latest book to be released in January/05 Unexpected Blessings

Author-Luanne Rice
Dance with Me
The Perfect Summer
Silver Bells

Author-Danielle Steel
Safe Harbour
Mixed Blessings

Author-Nicholas Sparks
A walk To Remember
The Notebook

Author-Erica James
A Sense of Belonging
Act of Faith
The Holiday
Paridise House

Author-Christina Dodd
Some Enchanted Evening

Author-Emily Giffen
Spmething Borrowed

Author-Leslie Forbes
Waking Raphael

Author-Chris Greenhalgh
Coco and Igor

Author-Jennifer Donnelly
The Tea Rose

Author-Mary Alice Monroe
The Four Seasons

Author-Linda Howard
All The Queen's Men

There's my list girls wow that even surprised me , no wonder I don't get any sleep at night.

da fat n da furious 11-08-2004 10:52 PM

Ellen how easy it is to get a list going thou if you love books...and have a library card. I have to say I get embarrassed about the amount of times I can go into a library. And there are 2 within the same distance from my house. Monte teases me about always owing late fees to both blockbuster and the library.
Angie

FrouFrou 11-09-2004 11:45 AM

Jane~you are right about The Guardian being predictable, of course a lot of books I read or have read are. I am on Chapter 15 but it is a good book, or I think it is. I like a good love story with a few twists. I am dying to see what the freak Richard is going to do. Anyway, hoping to finish it Wednesday night. Not sure what I will read next, got some new books in the mail yesterday and they all sound good, of course or I wouldn't have ordered them.

Angie~there was a woman in the library when we went last and I don't know if she got all those books for her or was going to share but she must have had about 20-25 books if not more. She literally put what she could hold in her arms. That was a lot of reading for 2 weeks!

Ellen~nice list, I have read some of them The Notebook was good and now I want to see the movie. A Woman of Substance, also good. Read Mixed Blessings and a couple other of Danielle Steele but don't really buy any of her stuff. Right now I am on a Fern Michaels, Catherine Coulter, James Patterson and Nicholas Sparks. Oh and read some of the Sue Grafton books, A-F. Took a break from those and didn't think I would read anymore I did order G-K yesterday. Through the bookclub I got them for $5.99 each and they have a special this month no shipping. Can't beat getting 5 books for $29 bucks.