Old 09-05-2004, 07:07 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #82

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

THIRD QUARTER CHALLENGE SEPT 1-JAN 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 07:16 AM   #2  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Poll this week is: If you were given 2 tickets for Christmas to anything you wanted to see or hear, what would it be?

Amanda: GREAT JOB!

Carri

Blast, I can't remember what you guys talked about on the last thread so I can't reply.

It was quiet here yesterday for us. I cleaned house, DUH, big surprise but other than that and the grocery store, nothing earth shaking. Jack and I watched the movie Laws of Attraction with Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore and it was really cute. He is so gorgeous anyway. Then I watched an old Jimmy Stewart/Kim Novak movie Bell Book and Candle, which was pretty good. (That is who my husband reminds me of, Jimmy Stewart with more of a temper! )

Carri: Hope the painting is coming along. I know our painting went pretty well except where we had to prime first or in the case of wallpaper or border on the walls we had to deal with first.

Everyone have a great Sunday!

Faye
Old 09-05-2004, 09:35 AM   #3  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning BEAUTIFULS!!!! 4 points for me yesterday... barley but 4...lol i couldnt get to sleep last night so i had a snack... i was actaully hungry... a rarity... especiallly late but... i had a turkey and cheese wrap... so it wasnt too bad...lol We went walking on the river trail yesterday withthe kidlets... the boys took off on us... really made their dad and i mad... so we spent most of our walk looking for them.... so once we got home they went to their room... and came down to clean...lol hahahahahaha u should have seen their faces.... priceless... i woke up this morning with a backache.... again... same place.. right in the middle where my bra goes...if i pick them up tho the pain goes away... so guess i will just walk around holding up my boobs for the day... LMAO KIDDING!!! all i can do at this point is keep documenting and resubmit to the insurance about the reduction surgery...
Have to go grocery shopping today... so i need to get my list together.. lots of south beach goodies for me... so i can get my rear in gear... actaully its helped so far... but i really want to get serious about it and loose loose loose... so guess i should get on that.. i will check in later... heres to everyone having a 4 point day and lots of sunshine and happiness... rmember to take care of U... love to all

Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:32 AM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - I had a really good swim and I've just bought a monthly pass, so I can swim to my hearts content for a whole month!

Good news - the cheese is finished! so now I can get back to normality!

Sandy - maybe you need a stronger bra! I've always had big boobs but never struggle with back pain with them, and I assume it is because I get a good fitting bra and get measured regularly. Did you know it's something like over half the female population are wearing the wrong sized bra? Also, if you strengthen your abdominal and lower back muscles then you will be able to 'carry them' better! Hope that helps!

Have a good day ladies,

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning/Afternoon everyone!

Sandy, I hope that your insurance company will let you have the reduction that you need. It sounds as if your quality of life isn't tooo good ifin you have to hold your boobs up.LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorta makes you want to have someone walk behind you and hold them up as you walk alone. LOL!!!!!!!!!

Ok for the silly poll..........right now I could use a good chuckle in life so I am going with the following............Geroge Carlin in concert!!!!!! That way I could laugh for a good long time.

SO far this weekend I have gotten nothing in except for lack of sleep. Monday was my target start day and now I am mentally ready so wish me luck girls. Too tired to even drink water. Gotta run time to go to work again today. Hope that everyone has a wonderful day!

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:40 PM   #6  

Hi Girls,
Just popping in quickly to say hi and hope you're all doing fine...talk to you next chance I get.

Oh and hey Sandy G. welcome back!
happy dance dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:26 PM   #7  

Evening all!

Finally I am finished with work for the day. It is now 1130 pm and getting ready for a nap have to be at work at 5am.

Dot, I too have gotten food to start my program tomorrow as well. Lets hope that this time it is successful.

Just checking in before bed

catch y'll later

sandy

Last edited by gigglez; 09-05-2004 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:54 AM   #8  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is snack choices. We all need snacks from time to time, but watch what you buy. Besides good ole fresh fruits and veggies, most snacks either are high fat or high sugar. Puddings and such may be fat free but have sugar in them, so though they are ok to eat, keep them to a minimum. Chips that are ff have olean in them which causes diarhhea in large amounts so be sure and stick to the serving size. Lower fat cheese in moderation, lower fat crackers or ff crackers etc are good for snacks, as is tomato juice. Just use caution but be sure and give yourself little treats to keep you on track.

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS :

Amanda
SandyB

I will check back and chat later girls

Faye
Old 09-06-2004, 09:51 AM   #9  
I Can and I Will

Morning BEAUTIFULS!!! Man are we all on the same wave length or what?? LOL i too went shopping yesterday for a new start... as well as the rest of the family...lol and i bought lots of califlower and hummus... i love that for a snack... crunchy and salty. So i am well stocked for the time being... i even bought caffeine free diet coke... a big step for me...lol i can have caffeine but i need to limit it... so... i have been drinkin decafe coffe in the mornings... but around 11 or so i am craving a diet coke... so now i can have a refular diet coke and later if i want more the caff free... does that make sense of am i just babbling here.. probably both... hahahahaha as for yesterday.. 4 points but i still feel so bloated... but i ate very strangly yesterday... so that may be it. I hope you all have a fantabulous day today... remember to take care of u...
and to those who had suggestions for my boob problem... lol yes i do know that the exercising helps... i need to find some specific ones i guess to target that area... and i love sandys idea... wouldnt it be a hoot to interview people for that job?? LMAO! i dont think sitting at this computer as much as i do helps tho either...
Have a wonderful day all.. i will check back later... love to u all
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:59 AM   #10  

Good Morning Beautifuls!

I'm Back!!
What an awesome weekend! I swear, I put so much work into these dance productions but I get so reenergized from them. It's amazing.........

SO, here was my weekend in a nutshell...all day Friday, setting up a 4 tier stage set. Danced all day Saturday, danced in the show Sat. night (everyone did very well, thanks for the good wishes), tore down the set until about 11 Sat. night., then WENT OUT DANCING at a club until 2am!!!! (I must've been insane), then up and dancing again Sunday. Think I burned some calories?

I haven't been "out dancing" since 1988! I forgot how much fun it is....except for the men, and the drunks. At least there's no smoking in bars in Maine anymore. It was so funny, 8 bellydancers taking over the dancefloor at the only bar in Bangor with dancing.....let's just say, we danced for 90 minutes straight and the rest of the room just didn't know what to think of us They just kept staring and staring and every now and then one of 'em would get brave and try to talk to one of us and were totally snubbed. It was GIRLS night out.......I'm sure they thought we were all lesbians

Anyway, I learned some interesting things this weekend that you all might be interested in. The first was a quote from our guest instructor. She's from California and has an amazing body and stamina even though she's nearing 60 (if not older?). She said "SWEAT is the fountain of youth! Bathe daily." I was also having a discussion about how intense periods of exercise raise metabolism, but not always immediately. I was talking about how all the exercise at Pennsic paid off the NEXT week (when I lost 4 pounds without doing anything). She said that her weight at any given time is totally dependent on what she did TWO WEEKS earlier! She has tracked herself over the years and it takes a full 14 days for her behavior (good or bad) to catch up to her. That was quite an eye opener for me.....sorta makes the whole "consistency is better than quantity" argument more valid for me. I also learned that I need to go out social dancing more! I had so much fun.....DH won't go with me, so I'm gonna have to either find a "safe" date or just go out with the girls more often.

So....enough about me.
WELCOME BACK SANDY!! We missed you.....it's nice to see all the familiar faces again. So, when's Pammie coming back??

AMANDA--WOOO HOOOOO on your loss!!! Congratulations girlie, you deserve it! Glad the cheese is finally gone

Faye--we need to get you one of those signs that says "__ days without an accident" only it'll read "__ days without Crap happening to me!"

Can't remember what's going on with everyone else........hope you all had great weekends too.

Later Babes,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:32 AM   #11  

Happy Labor Day!
I got back from New Oreans last night. It was fabulous! I had such a good time the people, the buildings, the music, the ...well...the food :P Needless to say, my first time in town I wasn't going to hold back on local cuisine. I'll just work extra hard when I get back to my apartment (staying in my parent's house) where the gym is. It was strange though...because there was the football game in town, being in a completely different city, thoughsands of miles away and suddenly seeing groups of people left and right wearing your college colors. In case you doin't pay attention to football, my school played LSU one of THE TOP teams in the nation and ALMOST *cough* should have *cough* beat them. So even though we lost it was ont heck of a good game. We were expected to lose by 20 points and only lost by 1 and in over time at that.
Now I have to get used to Oregon again....I've always thought this place had no personality and after being in its cultural antithisis, I know it!!!

Julie - glad you had an awesome weekend too.

Welcome back to both sandy's!!!!!! Its so great to see so many people rejoinging!

Last edited by Scuzin; 09-06-2004 at 11:39 AM.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 07:23 PM   #12  

SandyB

Sorry I didn't get back in here sooner but was gone all day. Finally got the car to the body shop and hopefully no more screwups to get it repaired!

OK LADIES, THERE ARE NO MORE HOLIDAYS UNTIL THANKSGIVING SO LET'S GIVE OURSELVES THE GIFT OF 4PTERS. (AND NO, NATIONAL SPAGHETTI EATING DAY IS NOT A HOLIDAY WE ACKNOWLEDGE! ) WE CAN DO THIS LADIES. SCHOOL HAS STARTED, VACATIONS ARE OVER AND WE CAN GET IN THE GROOVE AND START HUMMING. MY DH LIKES NASCAR RACING, HE IS A BIG TONY STEWART FAN AND ONE OF THE THINGS THE CARS DO IS DRAFT. THEY GET BEHIND A CAR AND USE ITS AERODYNAMICS TO GIVE THEM EXTRA SPEED. LET'S ALL TAKE TURNS AND HELP "DRAFT" EACH OTHER. WHEN WE SEE SLIPS, GIVE THEM SOME SPEED SO THEY CAN GET PAST THAT CURVE AND GET BACK UP TO WHERE THEY WANT TO BE!

You ladies all have a great evening. I am planning a new fall and winter strategy starting tomorrow. Besides walking, I have weights and bought two toning cords to use also to help with weight loss now that the pool is closing.
I got proper foods in the house and defatted the fridge and pantry of any fatty things that might possibly be there (not much to have to get rid of though)

Faye
Old 09-06-2004, 07:57 PM   #13  

Evenign everyone!

Faye, let me know how the cords go I have thought about then a time or two. I think that it is a good idea to get a fall/winter plan together. Sounds like something that I should be doing.

Julie, I am in such a need of a girls nite out. I am happy that you had a chance to get out and enjoy yourself. Sounds as if you had a busy weekend.

Susan, sounds like you had a good trip. Wish that I could have went. LOL

OK babes, today was the start of my new life. The eating has been wonderful. As for water and exercise I lacked just a little getting the water in and the exercise I think that I should claim being awake as exercise today. Yesterday I put in over 14 hours and had about 5 hrs off and then I was back to work at 5 am today. Worked til 2 this afternoon. But I havent went off my eating plan which I think is alot! JUst wanted to check in before bed. Yes it is only 8 pm and I am going to go to bed,

Be good to yourselves!
Old 09-07-2004, 02:17 AM   #14  

TUESDAY: today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is cleansing. Whether you do a body cleansing with medical help, ie, fiber drinks etc, or whether it is just something you are removing from your system, this is the week to do that. You may just want to remove impurities from your body, stop drinking soda, etc, or wash out all that sugar and fat. Look at your life and start this week to cleanse your body of the things it doesn't need to get you on a clean track.

Having one of those sleepless nights so thought I would set up the thread for today.

I will talk to you guys at a decent hour

Faye
Old 09-07-2004, 06:52 AM   #15  

Morning chickies!

Finally got some sleep! Now I am thinking about going back to bed after Corey gets on the bus. I know that if I moved some I would feel better but I know that my body is still run down.
As for the week of cleansing I have already started cutting back on sugar again!LOL! I have found myself a really good treat that isnt bad at all. I love tropical sno and the sf ones have only 40 cal that is for the large ones. I swear that they are addictive or something. Eventhough the sf flavors are limited but it is still ssooooo good. Just wanted to check in and say morning to everyone!

sandy