Old 09-08-2004, 02:32 PM   #31  
It is what it is...

Afternoon everyone....it is nice and chili here, about 70 degrees here right now, I am LOVIN' it!!! My kind of weather...

Faye - Yes, underneath all this fat is some great arm muscles I am sure
I definitely need to trim these big ol arms up and pronto!! I will just be so glad when we are done with it all...the realtor is coming on Tuesday to get the sign in the yard and sign ppwk so we do not have much time...basically the whole downstairs is done, we are just touching up upstairs, but the master bedroom and spare bedroom have to be painted and that takes a while to cut it all in and do trim and doors, well you know....the hardest part about it is being broke, using all our extra money to put into the house...but like you said it will be worth it once we sell for good $$$$....

Julie - Thanks for the info, I will look for th book....

Later all, have a good one!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:00 PM   #32  

Carri: We need to work on you subliminally! Look at your post and how you spelled the "cold" weather up there! I just noticed your complete states today and you are down almost 70 lbs, that is fabo!

SandyG: I stuck your smilie 4 pt up with the rest of us, so don't think that I forgot to post your pts.

Woohoo Faye had another 4pt day today! I am back on track girlies and thrilled to be so.

I watched Oprah today, which is still in reruns but I hadn't seen it about looking younger. What made me happy is that most of the things they talked about internally I am doing like eating the right foods, exercise, not smoking etc. The puzzling thing though is that the one doctor on the show said caffeine is GOOD for you. It prevents heart disease. He said just not to combine it with high sugar as in soft drinks. I thought it was bad for you because it speeds up the heart. Who knew? Course, I am NOT going to learn to love coffee just to get caffeine. Actually he said to drink green or black tea.

Ok, all you mamas out there, I need medical help! I have really really bad wax in my ears, BUT unlike most people, it is not the, (forgive me) gooey junk but really dry. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to dislodge by itself well and I always seem to be trying to dislodge it because it itches. Anyone use anything with their little ones that helps? I can't use a water flush as there is so much it sometimes traps the water and causes ear infections. I thought maybe I could use a little alcohol on a q-tip and carefully try and get it out. Maybe witchhazel? I am tired of having my ears itching all the time.

Have a good night girls

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:36 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Faye, wish that I had something for you on the ear thing.

OK I have a Wed woe. Here it is. I have been renting this place for 3 yrs+ and tonight when the man that I rent off of comes into the store and I tell him about the floor in front of my door getting ready to fall in and he tells me that he has sold this place. Then he says that he was going to tell me in a few more weeks. That is what pissed me off. I think that he was going to try to get another months rent from me first. That is what makes me so mad. Now here I am going to have to move, this weekend(9/11) is Corey's bday, next week I have to work 7 days at the store plus my keebler route, and the following I have to have surgery again. So the moving and such is going to be hard. I have got a place to go and look at on Sunday so there might be hope. The man that I was renting off of says that there is a place up a road near me but it is drug heaven and there is no way. OK I guess that I have vented I will shut up bout it.

Got in another 4 pointer today. Even with the aggervation I managed to stick with it!' YEAH for me!

Gotta go and get some rest.

Good thoughts for the wonderful new day ahead

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:04 AM   #34  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and take some time for you today!

Sandyg: I said a prayer and know things will work out for you!

later girls

Faye
Old 09-09-2004, 06:53 AM   #35  

Morning girls!

Faye, thanks so much for the prayer I can sure use all that I can get. I have been praying and I do know that all will be alright but I am looking for which direction to go. My mother wants me to move back in with her but I really hate to do that. She doesn't realize that it would be taking away so much that I have worked so hard for. On the other hand I kow that it will help each of us out with cash flow. There are times that I rather struggle than for someone else to be telling me when and what I can do. Enough said.

Up early here have to get a move on the day and get Corey's bday gift. I much rather sleep but I don't get a move on I wont get everthing in that I need to do before I go into work today. Anyone have any gift ideas for a up and comming scienist. I am considering a microscope but I am not too sure that he is mature enough and responsible enough to take care of it.

Carri, I can understand about puting all the extra cash into your house that you are going to be sellling. Like Faye has said the money later on but then again it isn't going to be there to help you now. Have you found anything that you like to consider buying yet? I would love to build(log home), and have the land to use but unfortantly there is mining going on and that wouldn't be wise for me to do.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post 4 for yesterday and here comes another 4 for today. I am keeping my aggervation at bay so that is helping me more than anything. Catch everyone later off to the showers and then the roads.

Sunny thoughts on this rainny day!

sandy
Old 09-09-2004, 08:42 AM   #36  

Morning Girlies!

4 points for me yesterday! woooohooooo..... Don't have any planned in exercise today, though, so I have to make myself do something.

Faye, there is something called an "ear candle" I've seen in healthfood stores. I'm not sure what it does, for all I know it may put wax IN your ears But you might want to check it out on the internet. I've used alcohol and witchhazel on a q-tip for my kids, but they had sticky wax. For dry stuff, maybe mineral oil would be better. Ok, enough gross talk.

Sandy, I really hope you find a good solution to your moving situation. I understand your not wanting to move in with mom....maybe a whole different neighborhood would be good for you? It really S*cks that your landlord wasn't going to tell you until the last minute!! Don't let the stress throw you off your 4 pointers, though, you're doing great!

Amanda, ebay just isn't what it used to be! I sold dancewear and costumes there for a long time and made pretty good money....but ever since 9/11, the war in Iraq, and the economy being so crappy, people just don't seem to be buying there much anymore. Unless they are paying totally crap prices for good merchandise. I think the trick is to find a product that people really want and then find a wholesale supplier. It's really easy to get a wholesale license in the states, I don't know about UK. Good luck, I hope children's clothing is a better market than belly dance costumes!

Carrie--70 pounds! WOW every now and then you gotta look at those stats and see how far you've come. Hope the painting is almost done!

Well, I gotta get going now.....everyone have a super day.
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #37  

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

SandyG
Julie
Faye

Good job so far, what about the rest of you?

SandyG How old is Corey? Would he like something he could do an experiment with? I know a lot of kids like that kind of stuff and you can get kits of different things if you feel he is not ready for something like a microscope. You might want to even ask his teacher for suggestions Oh and before taking a hike on your rental property, check with the state regs on notice given to tenants. He may not be able to oust you so fast. Most states give you like 60-90 days.

Julie Thanks for the tips. I have got to do something they drive me nuts.

Everyone have a good day. It is errand and grocery day for me oh joy!

Faye

Julie
Old 09-09-2004, 10:41 AM   #38  
It is what it is...

Morning All - I am late to post as I am late getting to work...last night around 10:00p I got really hungry for some reason, I made myself two "full fat" beef hot dogs with everything and ate them...well not only was this bad for my diet ( sorry I cannot add to the list of 4 pointers ) but I woke up this morning with really painful diareah ( sp? ) and feeling very sick to my stomach
I tried laying there for a while to see if it would go away and it did after about two hours so I came on it to work...I guess I will not be eating any more hot dogs soon ( or just my Healthy Choice ones )

Julie and Faye - Thanks for the congrats on the 70 pounds down, I guess I have never looked at it that way, but you are right, that is alot of weight, I have come far but need to go quite a bit further...thanks for bringing that to my attn though, it was the boost I needed

Gigglez - So sorry to hear about your home...I know you will find something
( maybe even better than what you have now ) ... I know it is a pain to move but maybe this happened for a reason...good luck, and great job on your four pointers!!
About me moving no we don't have a house in mind yet, my dh may want to build a brand new one ( we built the one we are living in now too )...so we may be living in an apt until one gets built, depending on how fast our house sells...Yes I like log cabins too, but getting the land would be hard.

Everyone I will check in later, have a good one!! Oh and p.s. I did get confirmation yesterday that I am getting that job I wanted!!!!!!!! Now I just have to wait for HR to make me an offer, probably first of next week!!!

Later!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:49 AM   #39  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got another 4 pointer yesterday! I wasn't planning to do any exercise, but in the early evening I was going a bit mental with too much excess energy so I hoovered the house from top to bottom! It was an absolute pit and took me an hour and I was dripping in sweat, so I'm definately counting it as exercise!

I'm set for another 4 pointer today as I've already been swimming - the shallow end was roped off for an 'aquababies' session, which got me all broody! Me and Nigel REALLY want to start a family, we talk about it all the time - so it is so important that I lose all this weight NOW. I definately feel I'm on the right track now - I just need to stick to it!

Have you heard about the hurricane in the Caribbean? I know in Grenada, 90% of the island has been devastated, and Barbados (which is where we are thinking of getting married) has been hit aswell. Lets pray for the people of Jamaica and Cuba which is where it is heading, and pray that it dies out before it reaches Florida - another hurricane for them would be awful.

Sandy G - Aren't landlords awful - they really are the pits! He is so out of order for springing this on you at the last minute - and like Faye says, you've got tenants rights, so don't let him force you out before you legally have to go. I hope you find a nice place - I will pray for you and Corey, and ask God to find you both a lovely place in a good area. I got chucked out of a flat at short notice once, it felt like the end of the world at the time - but in fact God moved me into my present flat which is gorgeous and in a beautiful area, and I'm so glad I moved. Happy Birthday to Corey - it must be hard for him to have a birthday on September 11th.

Must fly

Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:59 PM   #40  
I Can and I Will

Hello BEAUTIFULS!! Well i managed to get a 4 pointer yesterday... and so far so good on today. My foot is better as well... but the only thing bruised now is my toes... all of them... looks really strange...lol I will check back in later gals... love to u all
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:14 PM   #41  

POINTS WRAPUP:

Amanda
SandyB
SandyG
Carri for her hot dog poopies!

Carri Hope you feel better. The one thing I miss terribly about Indiana is Echrich hot dogs. They don't have them down here. I don't know if they have a lowfat or ff variety, but I may check it out while I am there for Thanksgiving because our hd choices stink and I like hd once in awhile.

Boy what a day I had, but stayed op so got my 4 pts again! yeah!
I am sooooooo pooped. I got up with Jack this morning, took him to work, came back and walked a mile, showered and dressed, started a load of laundry, went to the commissary, which took THREE HOURS. They had 3 checkers and one was the 10 items or less lane! Came home and put it all away then zipped over to Walmart's and finished up what the commissary didn't have, came home and put it away then had to go and get Jack (oh I did sit still for 30 minutes and let someone do my nails at Walmart as I didn't have time to go to my regular nail salon.) Got back home, we went to dinner at Bob Evans, then to Walmart to get stuff for a cookout Jack and 4 other guys are doing at work tomorrow, came home and made apple squares for his cookout, folded laundry and hauled it upstairs and put it away and hauled up all the upstairs grocery stuff and put it away.

Here's hoping with the good job all of you are doing that everyone has lbs down tomorrow.

Have a nice night ladies

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 09-10-2004 at 03:51 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:41 PM   #42  

Evening all.

First of all another 4 pointer for me today YEAH!
Old 09-10-2004, 03:53 AM   #43  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Let's hear those scales lowering girls!

check in later ladies

Faye
Old 09-10-2004, 07:13 AM   #44  

Yeah for me down 1. I will take whatever I can get!

Later
Old 09-10-2004, 07:21 AM   #45  

I had a whopping 10 lb loss. I don't know why I slip backwards when I do so well if I behave myself. Mind over matter I guess. I also had another 4pt day

later

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 09-10-2004 at 07:23 AM.