Old 09-07-2004, 08:18 PM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

Did my errands, got my shots, and went over to my grandpa's (wasn't home but my aunt & cousin were there). Made some phone calls to see if I could find any record of my Immunizaton Records...well the high school destroys them 3yrs after you graduate and the doctors office tossed them after 10yrs. So I felt like I've been erased! So I went in and told them that, so they drew some blood to test it out and see if I need to update. Nothing like getting poked every few days!

Was talking to my aunt today and we talked about some of the things that my grandma had promised to people in the family. I remember talking to her and know what was left for who. Well let me tell you....there is going to be some talk over some of the stuff. I hate knowing that some family members are.....hmmmm....whats the word I'm looking for? I'm not sure, but I know of one aunt who thinks she gets some things that I know my grandma promised to another. Wonder how they'll handle it. I hope like adults!

Cristi--I sure hope you start feeling better. Allergies are the worst thing! I never had bad allergies until after I had Jhanai. They would get so bad that my face would swell and I would look like I've been crying for weeks. But the last couple years haven't been so bad.....I still get allergies...just no swelling, thank god. Big hugs your way!

Katy--Congrats' on the pounds loss. WW is working great for you! I"m glad the Core is working...it sounds awfully complicated! Hope your arm isn't hurting too bad. Take it easy and relax!

Julie--Hope tomorrow is a less stressful day for you. I can already see myself feeling stressed in the weeks to come during my training at the new job. I'm really looking forward to contributing to the finances. Been feeling like a let down. This will make me feel much better!

Jana--I bet your so excited about Disney World. Have you heard if they got any damage to the place after the Hurricane? I hope the hurricane weather is all over with by the time your family goes.

As for my family in Florida. My sister finally contacted my parents. She's staying with her inlaw's right now. They don't have power. But their house is still there!! Tree's are all over their yard and debris everywhere. But they are safe and they still have a home to go to. My brother on the other hand....we still haven't heard from. So we're just waiting. I'm sure he'll contact someone soon. At least my sister!

Ok...going to find some dinner....call Jhanai and see how her first day of school went. Take care!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:18 AM   #32  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning ladies,

Katy - unless there are non-Core additives, I would think the soy nut butter would be a freebie since they are made from soybeans. I don't know why they would allow all those canned soups and not soy products! But, alas, they didn't ask for my input, . YAY for the other pound lost forever!!

Cristi - I'm sure you probably have some prescription meds, but for OTC, I think Tylenol Sinus is the very best. Hey, how's your PT going? Making lots of progress, I hope. Did your DS's finger get ok w/no infection or anything?

Julie - I haven't bought any of the carb cutter Lean Cuisines, but my 2 favorite regular ones are the chicken tenderloins with penne pasta and the dijon steak tips w/ roasted potatoes and green beans. I try to keep a couple in the fridge for emergencies. Way to go on the exercise! You're gonna be buff before you know it!

Marti - oh I hope the Aunts don't fight over your grandma's things. She wouldn't like that. We had only one couple who were greedy when Fern died, and they took things for their value, not sentiment. As far as I know, Disney sustained only minor damage. They were back open Tuesday, after doing a lot of clean-up on Monday. Part of the roof of one building blew off, and off course there was other debris everywhere! Hope you get your shots lined out! (ow ow ow ow ow!)

Kathy (luckycharm) - look for a PM from me, ok?

Hi to all the other Jaded Ladies...

Just a reminder to all JLs- I promised Neal I wouldn't open forwarded email since 2 different times I got a virus that way. Thank you for thinking of me, though! Personal messages are always welcome, and I do try to check it more often than I used to.

Not sure what I'm going to do today. I'd like to go to Evansville where a niece is registered for baby shower stuff, but not sure about the weather. It looks like it's going to be stormy and bad today.... Maybe I'll just visit the place on-line instead, lol.

What's on your agenda today?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:51 AM   #33  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning all
Marti so glad ot know about your sister being ok. And fingers crossed for your brother.
I didn't mention before but Congrats on the new job! And I can relate to the needles, we all went and got our hep A and B before leaving, Monte and I need to go back for another...arghhh
Jana, how much do you want to lose? Cause wow you have done so well....How many bags of flour, sticks of butter is it now?
Cristi, can't tell you how many times I have gone to the Dr with either Brandon or myself all puffed out like a bull dog...hate allergies. Hope you find relief soon...

Well ladies I have to tell you I couldn't mail your cards from Cuba,,,so once I was home I did. I wrote them there thou if that helps...lol
Well the busy time for me has arrived, Tanner if football takes an hideous amount of time and now Fiddler on the Roof started last night. Auditions that is, and I just told Tanner he can't audition,,,there is no way humanly I can get him from one to the other. Hes ok with that,,,thing is Im stuck in Fiddler cause we had made plans for him to be in it. And Steel Magnolia's start on Saturday with a team meeting,,,Im on the team. Still wondering about how that happened...lol
I wanted to take up a dance class but that sure won't be happening this year...Im now booked till May.
Today Monte and I are planning to do a second coat of paint in Tanner's room which will become the spare room, Tanners moving next door to Brandon's old room. Start a coat of paint on the other room, then take all the old equipment into a sport swap place...good cause we have too much junk down in the basement. Then we are going for lunch to our fav MexTex -place.
Well need to go get myself ready for the day,,,,*yawn
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:57 PM   #34  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Afternoon ladies~

Thanks for the hugs and well wishes. I am actually feeling a little better, and I do mean a little. It just so happens that on top of the allergies I had to have TOM. I just wish it would go away and never come back. It seems to skip a month now and then when I have it it makes up for not having it the month before-terrible pains. I so enjoyed the 6 month vacation from TOM. Anyway...I had read in the paper last week that the ragweed was really bad this year and I am feeling it. Never had allergies until I moved from CA back to AR and it seems like since being here I have this ever year. Tylenol Sinus/Allergy is what I usually take but for some reason it has not worked. Went and bought some Claritin yesterday and not sure what to think yet. I know I read that it actually takes a week before you actually get the full effect of it.

Did my grocery shopping this morning and then headed over to the mall to the Yankee candle store. I am so glad they put one there. So stocked up on candles, the Wedding scent and Ocean Water, and then Fresh Cut Roses t-lights for the bedroom. Can't find them at Hallmark because they have all the fall scents out. The Yankee store has everything!

Marti~Oh I hope they don't start with that. I have seen what that kind of stuff does to families. Maybe your grandpa should give the stuff away while he is still alive so there won't be fighting later. Sorry to hear about having to have all those shots-OUCH! I hate shots! I don't know if you mentioned it or not, I am sure you did and I have forgotten, but what will you be doing at your new job? When do you start? Are you excited? Glad your sis is fine and hoping you hear something real soon from your brother.

Jana~I don't usually go tot he doc for allergies and Tylenol sinus usually does work but not this time. I am glad that they sell clairitn over the counter now because DS always had to go to the doc to get a prescription for it. Once in a while he gets bad that he has to have a shot but not often, maybe every other year. Hope you find some cool stuff at Penneys. I just placed an order online. Trying to get my living room together so ordered a couch cover, some throw pillows, a new tablecloth and runner. Figured a cover is cheaper than a new couch although one day I will get a new couch. But for now...that will do. I thought I would go with a green one since there is a little green in the valances. I did find pillows made from the same fabric to tie it all together and the tablecloth is burgundy with a yellow runner. I am hoping it will look decent. A green couch will definitely be different since I have had a blue one for the last 15 years, not the same couch of course. I am babbling...

RosieKate~CONGRAT'S on the loss! Glad CORE is working for ya. Are the kids excited to be starting school? I remember the kids dreading it.

Angie~sounds like you guys had a wonderful vacation. Snorkeling in a cave-too scary for me. A cave on land is scary enough, there is no way I could go in a cave underwater. Didn't you guys already paint the boys rooms or am I thinking of someone else?

Okay, think i have blabbed enough. Miss a few days and have to try and make up for it!

Hi to everyone else!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:58 PM   #35  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

Nothing new here, same stuff different day. He is still kind of sick, but he is still a happy sick. Both Tommy and Brandon are doing great. I think Brandon’s cold has more to do with his teething then anything else.

Well, again nothing new here. Just hanging around the house cause it looks like it is going to rain.

Julie~ You just reminded me that I have to get my hubby to tell me where he hide my workout tapes. I packed them with the rest of the movies when we moved, and now I can’t seem to find them. I will look in the cabinet one more time. You have my interested in trying the FIRM videos.

Jana~ My hubby tried for a romantic night last night, but things got shot down the crapper when money became a topic. We were suppose to go to the zoo today, but since payday is tomorrow it wouldn’t of worked out. I am hoping for a romantic night tonight, but what is romantic about soup and sandwiches for dinner? I give him credit though, he had dinner on the table, got me a glass of water, lit two candles but one blew out. Maybe I will make a romantic night tonight.

Marti~ He made it up to me, and like I said, it got shot down the crapper. I will make it up to him tonight…..but shhhhhhhh! Don’t tell.

My sister has some Tae Bo videos as well. She used them after her first two pregnancies and she looks great! Now she is pregnant with her third child, and I am sure that she will be using them after this one is born! Although after this one is born, she is “retiring” from her job until they are in school then she is talking about going back to work.

Cristi~ I hope you feel better soon!

Katy~ Congrats on the loss!!! One pound at a time, which is what I keep telling myself.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 05:56 PM   #36  

Default Hey girls!!!

Well another lovely day goes by!!! I swear my work is going to kill me if something else doesnt first!!!HAHA...It's just so stressful there, because the fiscal year ends October 1st, my boss is working us to the bone to collect as much money before then as possible....Needless to say, I get home from work and feel mentally wiped out!!! Anyway, good thing I bought lean cuisines this week, cause my motivation to cook isnt that great!!!

Mindee : Defnitely give the FIRM a try, it's really worth it, tough at first,
but like anything else, gets better the more you do it!! Taebo is really
good but I usually only make it half way through the tape!!

MARTI: Glad to hear you're excited about heading back to work, it will
definitely help give you a confidence booster!!

Jana : Im glad to hear that you like those two, because I keep seeing them, but I'm always iffy on buying them cause I dont know if I'll like them or not, especially if no one I know has had them!!!

Well hope you all have a good night!!! And I'll catch ya later...Keep making those healthy choices!!!!

Julie
SW 256LBS
CW 190LBS
GW 165 LBS
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:03 PM   #37  

Afternoon ladies--

Been enjoying what time I had with James before he left again. He came home last night after a week of being gone and he just left a few minutes ago. Got to spend more time together than we thought. So that was nice.

Jana--Do you get really bad weather in your state? Like tornados? I wasn't sure and was just curious after reading about your weather. That is one thing that I like about Oregon....don't have to worry about tornados or hurricanes. We just get lots of rain. One year we had so much there were floods...but nothing like what I've read about in other states.

Angie--I really didn't expect you to even write on postcards during your vacation!! That's your time! And boy....it sounds like you had your vacation just in time!! I can't believe how busy your schedule is already! I'm worn out for you before you even start! I honestly don't think I could do all that you, much too lazy. When do you get time to sleep?? Or do you even get to fit that in, in your scheduling book?? Time to plan for next years vacation!

Cristi--My title for the job is "specimen processor" which pretty much means that I will be the person who tests the drug screening....urine, blood and other stuff. Not really sure what all is involve, but as soon as I find out (next week) I will let you all know. I have orientation on Friday & Monday...then I'm not sure after that. I don't know about being excited about working..but I'm excited about the paycheck! I'm hoping it's nothing so horrible that I can't handle it. I did work in a chicken plant for three years so this might not be so bad.....we'll see!

Mindee--I'm sure you and your hubby will have that romantic evening soon. I haven't had a romantic evening w/James in forever! But he does little things for me that are even better. I have some workout tapes that I can't find either...packed them when we moved last year and still haven't gotten around to finding them. Although I'm not really looking either! But I do have my pilates tapes....every try that? It is soooooo good. They are easy to do and you feel totally relaxed and limber afterwards.

Julie--You have me worn out!! I think it's wrong for employers to work their employees that way! I don't think that they really get much out of employees by doing that! Sometimes safety issues occur! So be careful. And don't wear youself out to much. (the mother in me telling you this)

Hello to all you other girls!!

As for the stuff my grandma left....they're not displayed at all through the house...so it's not like they couldn't get them if they wanted them. In fact, my grandpa had talked to one of my aunts and told her she should come and pick up the chairs. (the items that is the issue) Now here is the story...I sat with my grandma one day (before she was going through chemo) and she had asked me if there was anything that I wanted from her. I told her that I would LOVE to have a painting she has done and some books. Because years ago she had already given me this dish set that I had always loved as a kid. then she proceeded to tell me who gets what.....one aunt gets this beautiful desk clock, one aunt gets a set of dining room chairs, another gets this old desk, and so on. Well, the aunt who gets the clock is thinking that the chairs (there are 6 of them) are being split between the kids...(there are 6 kids) now why would you split up a dining room set?? Made no sense. I know grandma had a will, and I remember her talking about stuff that she left for everyone that they can have after both have gone.....so if they want to argue...they just can go look at what was left w/whom. I say, be happy with what you got.....that's how grandma would have wanted it. Time to grow up. Sheesh!

ok...I'm going to browse around some and then clean up my kitchen. Made lunch for me & James and I just left the mess. It will drive me crazy here in a few if I don't get to it.

Take care
Old 09-08-2004, 06:18 PM   #38  

Hi Ladies! Unfortunately don't have much time (as seems to be the case all the time lately )- have to go pick up DD at work soon. Just read thru everyone's posts and just wanted to chime in! Nothing really going on right now except work, sleep, work. My house is going to pot...try to get a little time here and there to work on it- but you all know how that lasts! Hope next week to have 2 days off, instead of only 1. Diet and exercise going really well- think I'm headed for a small loss this week- yippeee! Does anyone else have the sense, sometimes, how this whole lifestyle is benefitting you mentally- as well as physically? I just feel really good as I log my food for the day that I've taken really good care of myself. I've had days that I felt like I couldn't possibly have the energy to exercise- but did it anyway...and felt GREAT after. I don't know- maybe I need another hobby, but taking care of myself is a priority for the first time in my life. It seems to be having good effects in unexpected places- has anyone else experienced this?
Okay- gotta run and get DD- talk to ya soon! Barb
barb64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:26 PM   #39  
GmaTo8

I'm baaaaack,

Angie - I wish I could see one of the theater productions you are involved in! As far as my weight loss, I'm not sure how much more I want to lose, but probably about 40 pounds. My sister says that would be too much at my height and age, but we'll see...

Cristi - so glad to see your post! Sorry you have the allergies and TOM at the same time! They could at least show up a week apart, lol. Hope the Claritin kicks in soon. I also need some new candles. When I had my yard sale, I sold the Yankee candles I thought I would like, then didn't. They went real fast at $1 each, lol. I want some new ones that don't smell like cookies or pies or sugary things in general, lol. Maybe I'll try your Wedding one. Oh, I think your living room is going to be very nice! The colors and fabrics sound great. And no, you weren't babbling... I like to hear what's going on with you, Cristi.

Julie - I had to stop and think what 2 things you were talking about, lol, and then remembered the Lean Cuisines, lol. I experimented with several that I bought when they were on sale and now stick to the same few, because I don't eat them very often. The French Bread pizza one is good, too, imho.

Marti - yep, we are on the edge of "Tornado Alley" and have them every year in the Fall and Spring. Indiana is in the top 5 states of high number of tonadoes annually. My DH gave me those facts, lol. The DJs at the radio station have called him in the past for an outlook - no kidding. I bet you're getting nervous and excited both about the job! You will do a great job, Marti, and you are a real sharp girl - you'll catch on quickly. I have a lot of confidence in your ability.

Laura - glad you made it to chit chat!! TOPS may be a good idea, why not give it a try? The fee is low, and depending on the group, it can be a very rewarding meeting. In the meantime, when you are stressed, how about making a pot of "free" soup to eat all you want when you have the need to feed? I use ff chicken broth, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, carrots, celery and onions. But you could put any "free" veggies that you like, to personalize it for yourself.

Barb - boy, you said a mouthful! I am not the same, mentally, as I was 67 1/2 pounds ago! I am happier and more confident and carry myself better. I always was an extrovert, lol, so that hasn't changed. I, too, feel good about taking care of myself. Can't wait to see how I feel after losing even more weight! I sure hope you get 2 days off in a row next week!

Got a new pair of slacks and two new sweaters at Penney's today - didn't make it there yesterday. Spent some quality time with my grandbabies and then basically wasted the rest of the day, lol, except for cooking. Fixed salmon patties for dinner and that really hit the spot!

TTFN,
Old 09-08-2004, 09:17 PM   #40  

I'm here, I'm here, I'm here. Just been taking a break to sort things out. I've hopped online, and read throught the posts, but haven't felt much like leaving one.

I decided to take the new job. Officially accepted the offer Monday. Finalized it with the new administrator on Tuesday. Then I turned in my resignation. My boss didn't have a whole lot to say. Then I went and had a chat with the President of the agency. But I wasn't sure how to say what a nutball of a boss I have, so I left that part out. But, as word is getting out that I resigned, a couple of people are working with the Prez to find a way to keep me in the agency. There is a PT home care coordinator position open, but I need at least 4 days a week. He basically told me to think about it, decide what I really want to do, and he will make the position anything that I need it to be. I also told him today about some of the games the nutball has been playing. I guess she had him fooled. He had no idea. Problem is, now I don't know what to do. Part of me says stay, keep building on my time there, same benefits, etc. Part of me says RUN as fast and as far as I can. Guess it's time to make the pros and cons list. Sure feels good to feel needed! But awfully confusing.

My poor cat. Angel wasn't getting any better, infact, maybe even worse every day. I had the vet put her to sleep on Sunday afternoon. Just about killed me. But how long can an ole girl fight kidney failure. It just wasn't fair to her. Yesterday I had to go to the vet and pay the bill and pick up the empty carrier. That was rough.

Well, I guess I really don't have much else to say. I should go work on the "list". My last day as of right now is the 17th. Only a little over a week! I don't have alot of time to think about it.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:01 PM   #41  

Hello again--

Still haven't cleaned my kitchen (must not bother me that much!) but I did go lay down and take a nap....I had such a headache! One of those TOM induce headaches!! I swear TOM sticks around way too long for me!! I sure miss being on the pill! Always knew when it was coming AND going!! **sigh**

LauraLynn--I love your name btw!! Glad to see you made it to the chitchat thread! I read your post about cookbooks in the bio thread......made me smile because I have many! (ok, more like had) and I use to have a subscription to a variety of home cooking magazines! I had this thing about collecting recipes! But really don't use them. Maybe only a few---That's the terrible part. So I finally stopped the subscriptions. I occasionally still get WW cookbooks in the mail, not sure how that started, I just started getting them in the mail and then ended up keeping them. I hope eventually I will get creative and use one recipe from each magazine or book!! (yea right ) Anyway, glad to see you over here!

Barb--That is how I used to feel MANY times when James & I used to go to the gym....I would go there dragging myself in not wanting to, but knowing I needed to. And afterwards felt incredible and was thankful that I did it! The feeling that overcomes you when you see a results from your change of lifestyle is a high on it's own...you know what I mean? You think differently and you truly feel that your body is worth taking care of. I think you're doing fabulously! But if you feel you need a hobby.....find something that you're really going to enjoy. My new found hobby....scrapbooking!

Jana--Thank you for having such confindence in me! James asked me today if I was excited about going back to work. I told him that I really wasn't, but to ask me again after a month of working. Starting a new job is ALWAYS nerve wracking! (is that spelled correctly???) I hope I catch on quickly, that is my worse fear right now...only because we are dealing with test that belong to actual people!! And....my first thought when you told me that your state was one of the top five tornado area's was OMG!! Do you have a basement for situations like that????

Jen--So sorry about your cat. But you are so right about not letting the poor thing suffer. As for your job dilemma.....oh goodness, that would be tough. If you really like the job you have now, but not the one woman.....I would explain everything to the head guy and let it out. Tell him that is the one reason why you chose to go somewhere else. I think it would be better for him to know, than for you to go, then have her turn to someone else and do the same thing. Weighing the pros and cons is a smart idea. And a difficult one at the end. I hope it all turns out the best for you!!

Wow....am I long winded or what??

Ok,....since I've babbled on with you all I better get myself going. Not sure what to do with myself yet.

Have a good night!
Old 09-09-2004, 12:47 AM   #42  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jen big hugs....I hate hearing about animals in pain or suffering. But I hate more about how the mommys feel when they lose their pets.

Jana, any plans for your birthday? I have meetings in the afternoon, but Friday evening we are doing a family birthday dinner, considering Brandon's, Tanners and mine are all this month. I wish you guys could come and see my shows...lol Tonight at auditions the director asked me to audition for yeta (sp) I made it perfectly clear I know I have stage fright just thinking about it sooooooooo no!...lol

Cristi, I painted all my bathrooms and office last,,,but with Tanner's room I never did get it finished right so starting over. Its a nice butter cup yellow...then about 2 feet from the ceilling and about 2-3 feet thick I am making a band around the room using a magnetic paint,,,then painting it a virbrant blue. So after it all dries he can use magnets and put all his treasures up,,,drawings.
Spare room will be a nice soft sage green

Marti, can you come and help me this month? On Tuesday I have call backs for Fiddler, which I should be at... Football game which I should be at cause Im the trainer,,,,and I have a band meeting with all the other band parents,,,I have to seel the uniforms that night...*sigh So my thought is,,,get one of the other parents drive Tan to the game,,,and I meet up ASAP after the band thing. I have an assistant..(which is cool) so I will have her be there for that.

I carry an agenda book and my assistant was putting in all my times in there,,,she was freaking cause I had Steel Mag, times in, school meetings in, days off from school for Tan, my days off, plus all his games and practises. Next month at this time I will be busy with Brandon,,,his surgery and all. Not sure how long he will be hospitalized. Called his school today to set up a meeting with the VP or Principal and guidance councillor.
Well I need to write a letter to Brandon's darma teacher,,,who I have worked with before.
And with all this going on, I have to set Brandon up with an outreach school,,,while Im at it Im going to try and get my math courses done.

Well night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:16 AM   #43  
self portrait

Default I'm baaaack!!!! ;-)

well hello my wonderful jaded lady gals!!!!
Sorry i didn't post when I got back to work last night, but they had done something to the computers and it lost my saved username and password and I didn't have it memorized, so I had to wait until now when I looked it up at home.
However I had a nice weekend and five days off.
I had a nice time with marti on Friday, scrapbooking and drinking wine and such. Wasn't long enough, but it was something since we haven't gotten together in a while.
On Saturday I went to my boyfriend's family picnic at a wonderful park. It was not crowded since it was two days before labor day, which was nice. There was a wedding going on at the end of the park, which made me sad wanting one of my own. But anywho, I didn't eat much, since I had a tummy ache all day and they had hamburgers and hotdogs and I don't eat either of those things. I don't eat beef and hotdogs. eeewww So I had a yummy fresh cucumber and tomato salad and his mom's famous potato salad and that was it. So i did good. Nice to see them all again since I have had to work the past two times everyone got together.
Then on Sunday me and my sweetie went to Cottage grove ( marti's home town) and went on a bike trail that is 16 miles one way and was built on a old train track. It was such a beautiful day, the trail is marvelous, just a gradual incline and goes around a beautiful lake and such. Took lots of pictures, of course I had some scenarios in mind for a scrap book page or too. hee hee My boyfriend thinks I am wierd, but they turned out great and we had such a good time , especially on the way back, since it is a hill and we coasted and laughed and giggled almost the whole way down. We had such a good time and we were getting exercise at the same time. Thank you marti for telling me about it. We are definetely going back, maybe when the leaves turn. How pretty that will be.
Then on Monday i crafted ALL DAY. It was a Me day. I need to take some pictures of some of the things I made. I didn't get to do all, since I need a whole week to do everything, which would be cool, but they are all new things i have never tried before and the ones I did turned out so cute and I am pretty proud of. I will use some for christmas gifts and keep some for myself. I had so much fun that day too.
Then my mommy had surgery on tuesday, but she is doing fine now, she will be off work for two weeks and then go back for four weeks light duty.
However I am back at the old crappy job and hating it. I can't wait until friday, my boyfriend is getting his hair cut after having long hair for 20 years. He is sooo scared and nervous and I will be getting pictures of the whole thing much to his dismay. But I told him this is a big deal, a big moment in his life. A Scrapbook page MUST be made. LOL He is a rocker, has been in five bands since highschool, two of which toured all through washington, oregon and california. But he said that the reason he had long, long hair isn't valid anymore and he says no more summers with the long hair. I am scared for him, it will be sooo weird to see him without a long pony tail. So that should be fun.

Jana: I will definitely post some scrapbook pages as soon as I finish them. The two I did at marti's need journaling and embellishments still. Will some craft pictures do?? hee hee So, you guys have tornados huh?? I have only been in one when visiting family in oklahoma. I will never forget it until I die, and then I may still remember it in heaven. It was so deathly silent almost like the air had vanished and then it was like a frieght train was running through the whole house. The sound was deafening. We were all huddled in the root cellar. Terrified does not begin to describe what i was feeling. My mother had them when she grew up in Wisconsin and I couldn't imagine living with them day to day. That is why I am so thankful for living in beautiful , green oregon. No tornados, hurricanes, huge lightening ( which I hate), we did have floods a while back like marti said, ( my aunt was on the news paddling away from her house) but I can handle the rain since that is all we get really for natural disasters. Besides it makes our state green and clean, no smog or such.

Jen: Oh my god, I was crying for you in relation to your cats death. All I can say is I am so sorry and that your sweety is is a better pain free place. Have you every heard of the rainbow bridge poem. I truly believe in it, it basically say that there is a wonderful heaven for our treasure pets and that they live waiting until they sense us coming home, so they can run across the bridge back into our arms. I can't wait until I see some of my loved pets again and I told my boyfriend I will have to be buried next to my baby manti when the time comes. He is 10 now. Anywho, my thoughts and prays are with you hon.

Susan: I am glad to see you came back. You are a valued member of the Jaded ladies and would miss your humor and wit if you left.

Cristi: I am glad you are feeling better hon, being sick sucks big time. I feel something coming on right now and I hope it goes away quietly without a fuss or pain. Cross my fingers.

Angie: I am glad you had a good time on your vacation and the huge hurricane didn't touch you much. I was worried about you down there. I am very envious of your tan. I used to be a brown little berry when i was younger with being half native american, but as I have gotten older, my polish and irish genes have kicked in so I am not as brown. Grrr, but I tan in like ten minutes which irritates my sweetie. hee hee Anywho, I am glad to see you back.
well, since I have written a novel here, ( trying to make up for being gone so long ya know. :-) I will stop for now and be back tomorrow or if the urge to gab again takes me. Love to all I missed in my gabbing
Tootles

Last edited by SqueakMouse; 09-09-2004 at 02:04 AM.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:27 AM   #44  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies…..how are you all doing?

Nothing new here, same stuff different day. He is still kind of sick, but he is still a happy sick. Both Tommy and Brandon are doing great. I think Brandon’s cold has more to do with his teething then anything else.

Well, again nothing new here. Just hanging around the house cause it looks like it is going to rain.

When I fed Brandon his peaches, I noticed some more white spots. So you all know what that means......more teeth!! I saw them on the right side this time....so we shall see!!

Julie~ I am making my hubby dig out my tapes when he gets home from work today (Thursday). I have a tape called “Boxerate” which is a combination of boxing and karate. I will try that. But I am going to look at getting some new updated workout videos! How are those Lean Cuisines? I have been looking at the healthier foods when we go grocery shopping and I just get the fear in me of them being awful tasting. Maybe I will get some to try this week.

Marti~ We managed to have our romantic night tonight. There was no way of making soup and sandwiches romantic, but my hubby did make all of dinner, get me a drink and we ate at our table…..with Brandon in his walker staring at us and throwing his toys on the floor. But after he went to bed, we managed to get in a romantic evening. I finally remembered to ask Tommy where the rest of the tapes are, and he thinks they are in the attic. I am going to send him up there when he gets home from work. I hope they didn’t melt up there!! Relaxed and limber? Man, Tommy would love it if I felt like that! Nope, I haven’t tried them. Do they have anything for a novice like me? I can’t do much when it comes to stretching every which way but loose, because I have a screw in my hip, but I can try.

Lauralynn~ Welcome to the group!!

Barb~ I know what you mean. I have noticed, not on the scale, but on my body different areas that are looking leaner and better with each passing down. Now I just need to get that scale to stop telling me those bad high numbers!

Jana~ You know, I have to say this. When I first got on here, what a couple weeks ago?, and I noticed your siggy was about 60 or so, I thought that was your age. Then it dawned on me that it was your weight loss tracker! I was having a really bad day that day, so please don’t get mad at me.

I just sat down and made my list for who need to buy Christmas presents for, and even some that might get booted off. The list is definitely manageable!! Now, I just have to run it by Tommy and make sure I didn’t leave any one off!

Jen~ I am so sorry to hear about your little kitty. I know what you mean. We sent our cat up to my parents house and it feels weird not having her come out from hiding and rubbing on our leg when she wants some attention.

Angie~ You are one busy mama! You reminded me that I need to find out where I saw the two year planners on sale at and go and get me one! I am much more organized when I have something that tells me where I have to be, when I have to be there and for how long.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:32 AM   #45  
GmaTo8

It's Thursday!

Let's see.... who all posted since I was here last???

Jen - so sorry about Angel. ((((((HUGS))))) to you! As I said a few days ago, at least you know you gave her the best life possible. Regarding your job, I'm thinking you should just go with your gut feeling... it's usually fairly accurate.

Marti - nope, I don't have a basement, but Mary does. Several times we've scurried across the yard (100 feet) to her house for shelter. Will your training hours be day hours at the lab on Friday and Monday?

Angie - have fun at your birthday dinner!! The family will be here for dinner on my birthday. Neal and Katie will be fixing salad, chicken and potatoes, brocolli-rice casserole and baby carrots with some pre-prep help from me. I have chosen to not have a cake at all. Instead, I bought a box of Hostess cupcakes and will have one of those (4 points) and somebody will put a candle in it. Any cupcakes that are left over will go home with the kids. Mary will pull my ears. That's a family tradition and the kids would freak if we forgot that part, lol. Btw, I never knew they made magnetic paint and think that's awesome! Mary will be glad to know about that!!

Shanna - glad you had a nice mini-vacation! Please do share the photos of the bike trail. Hope your mom is recuperating nicely.

Mindee - glad you finally got the romantic night! It's more of a feeling than what was served for dinner, isn't it? I had to laugh when I read that you thought my weight loss was my age.... now watch how fast that gets identified in my siggy!

Well, I'm up with the chickens again today, the house is quiet and there is a beagle next to me on the couch. Cloe is the baby and thinks she should get special privledges, lol.

It's too early to state my plans for the day... <yawn> .... I'll bbl,