View Poll Results: What Is Your Favorite Discount Store?
Walmart 7 70.00%
Target 1 10.00%
Sam's Club 0 0%
KMart 0 0%
Dollar Store 2 20.00%
Something Else 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 03:42 PM   #16  

Larry--thanks so much for keeping us informed!!

I sure do hope that the problem will be fixed when she's back "on her feet." I know she's been suffering. How long will it take to be able to tell for sure--6 weeks? 8?
If you check in again for her, let her know I'm thinking of her!

Shelley, I'm thinkin of you as well. Hope you're OK down there in Hurricane Central. Hang in there at work.

Gayle, I think you share my sense of humor type.

Ramona, feel better soon. 'K?

Sherry--hope your legs/ankles get better. Hope it's not that pblllllhhhht stuff that you and Vicky have been talking about.

Hey to Debbie, Doni, Jennelle and Vicky.

Hope I left no one out.

Your eating-everything-in-sight Floozie--
Cheryl
Old 09-02-2004, 05:10 PM   #17  

Larry-Please tell Dee I love her and am thinking of her!

School's closed again tomorrow for a hurricane day. Can you believe it? This whole storm thing is amazing. I am going to go out running right now since I probably won't be able to again this week!!
Old 09-02-2004, 05:15 PM   #18  

Shelly-
Dee heard about the storm on the news and is really concerned. She wishes you safe keeping.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:45 PM   #19  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Larry....Tell Dee that we love her and miss her. I had back surgery in 1986 for some of the same problems. They put plastic plates in between my discs. I still have some stiffness even today and I'm very careful with my back. My recovery took a long time back then but I'm sure they have new ways of doing a lot now. Tell Dee to do exactly what the doctor says for a speedy recovery.
Hugs for Dee
Old 09-02-2004, 06:03 PM   #20  
Losing it!

Thank you so much Larry for taking the time to update us on our dear little friend. Tell her the "crazy Kansas chick" hopes she is back to her spunky Canadian chick-self soon! {{{{{HUGS to DEE & LARRY!!!!!}}}} Good luck getting Dez moved and settled in.

Shelley, please take care! Post and keep us updated!

Debbie, nice to see a message from you again. I've missed having you on the board.

Cheryl, yep, I think we are both demented... LOL!
Old 09-02-2004, 08:04 PM   #21  
Carol

Dee: I am so happy the surgery is over. Things are looking up for you now, I can just feel it. Take care and listen to what the Dr. says so you can be back on your feet in no time. Hugs.

I have really been feeling down on myself lately and can't get motivated about much of anything. I gave myself a good talking to this morning because when I was getting ready for work I couldn't find anything to wear because I can't fit into anything anymore. It was a struggle and very depressing to find almost nothing fits me any more!! So, after I talked to myself and sworn I was going to turn over a new leaf...................here it comes..... someone brought donuts to work!!! Oh God..... I think the devil is personally after me!! Without going into details, I have been very very bad again today! I don't know where to turn but here to my friends. Thanks for listening.

Congratuations for staying OP Debbie and Gayle. WTG..
Old 09-02-2004, 08:10 PM   #22  
Carol

Sherry: Get yourself to that doctor woman!! I worry about you. Take care of yourself!

Shelley: I feel for you in this new position you find yourself in. Hopefully you can find your nitch in this roll and people will get off your back!!! Hang in there!!

Ramona: Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by Carol101; 09-02-2004 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:26 PM   #23  

Hello

Larry...Thank you so much on the update on our friend. Give her a big hug, tell her I love her & get well SOON!!! Keep us posted on her!!! Thanks again!

Carol...I've been having those little talks to myself too! I know how you feel girl. Remember last year how well you did and how long you were OP..a lot of days in a row! Well I know we can do it again! Keep your chin up...we will & can do it!!

Well guess what everyone???? I went to the Dr. today!!!! I worked 1/2 day and then went. I told her how tired I always was, my legs hurting etc.... First of all...My blood pressure was 168/100..It's STILL running high! After being on 5 different kinds of b/p pills you would think by now there was one to bring it down. Of course she was upset about that....

She drew 4 tubes of blood. She's checking to see if I'm an Anemic again. (I take iron pills daily but when it drops real low I have to go through a round of iron shots...which I hate!) She's checking for Thyroid & RLS (Restless Legs Syndome). She also found a heart murmur which I've NEVER had! She said she was going to get a referal from my insurance company and send me to a cardiologist. She has never heard one until today. She said she hopes that's whats not causing my swelling in my legs & ankles. She's calling me next week with the results and we'll go from there. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Hugs....
Old 09-03-2004, 05:51 AM   #24  

Sherry-Please keep us posted. I love you, girl and don't want anything to happen to you! Do as the Dr. says!
Old 09-03-2004, 07:26 AM   #25  
Carol

Sherry: I am so happy you found the time to go to see the Dr. You must have been quite surprised with all the things he told you. Having recently been to the Dr. myself, I found my b/p as high as yours, I have been put on meds to bring it down and am in the experimental stage to see if this works or if I need to try stronger meds or a different one. Until you get to a cardiologist you won't really know what is going on with you, but I am thinking happy thoughts for you that all will be well soon. {{HUGS}}} Please take very very good care of yourself and let us know how your doing. I worry so.... Love you girl!! Now we both have even more reason to get our weight down.... WE CAN DO THIS. You did it before and I did it before so there is no reason we can't do it again!!

Shelley: Thank you so much for sending me the info on WW. Your a gem.

I will try to get back and post to everyone else later, but gotta run for now.

Have a great OP day!
Old 09-03-2004, 09:32 AM   #26  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Talking

Morning Girls

Sherry..I'm so glad you went to the doctor. Please, please take care of yourself and follow this thing through. I agree with Carol, just one more good reason for us to get this weight off.

Carol....I like you are back to one day. I did so good for 3 days then last night I had CHINESE!!! I was tired and just stopped to get something quick and easy. Story of my life...lol. I posted on the challenge thread too!!! Good luck today...We can do this thang together!!!

Gayle....You sound like you are busy with the crafts again. Do you have a show coming up soon? How is your classes going?

Dee...Hope this morning finds you doing a lot better. Please do as the doctor says and you will be good as new soon. Just lay back and let all those family nurses take care of you. Hugs!!

Shelley....I have joined you and Carol on the Thanksgiving Challenge thread!!! I may even show up on the EXCERISE thread soon. Wouldn't that be a shocker...lol.

Ramona...Hope you are feeling better today. Sorry you missed your convention but getting well is much more important.

Cheryl, Vicki, Tina, Jennelle and Doni...How are you doing?
What is everyone plans for the Labor Day weekend?

Thanksgiving Countdown!!!
0 days down....84 TO GO
Old 09-03-2004, 09:58 AM   #27  

Larry....Thanks so much for keeping us updated on how Dee is doing ...Give her our Love...

Sherry ...so glad that you went and hoping everything is going to be well with the tests. You made the biggest step to getting this taken care of.

Shelley.....Thinking of you and my family down there. Hopefully this thing will not cause very much damage and you will not be affected to badly by it.

Labor Day weekend is to relax,relax, relax.

Smile and the world Smiles back at ya.

Vicki
Old 09-03-2004, 11:07 AM   #28  
Losing it!

Debbie, I have a craft show in 3 weeks and I am NOT prepared! I've been painting glassware, candles, purses, clothing, basically anything not eating, breathing or moving. LOL! My family better keep moving around here, otherwise they will be painted and sold!!! Actually, with everything else going on, I am lucky to finish one completed item a day... The show will be outdoors, about 100 miles from here, I'm really not sure what I want to risk taking. I will have another show the weekend before Thanksgiving. This one will be smaller but more convenient. It is indoors and in the same town where I live.

Sherry, please stay in contact with the doctor and do what she orders. The swelling could be caused by heart problems. Let us know what you find out as soon as you can.

Carol, nice to hear from you. I'm struggling too... I want to just crawl in a big dark hole, but I know for my own sanity, I need to keep coming here and posting even if I don't feel like it.

Steve and I have been discussing a move which would of been out of state, about 10 hours from here and our parents. This was a MAJOR decision for us, it would of meant a HUGE raise for Steve along with a promotion placing him on coorporate level. If it wasn't for the parents, we would of jumped on the offer. After considering the age and the health of the parents, Steve declined the offer. Both of us understand we need to be here, but it's hard to also give up changes in your own life just to make others happy. So, finally closure, this has been weighing heavily on my mind for the past few weeks.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 09-03-2004, 11:11 AM   #29  
Losing it!

Hey Vickster, I didn't see your message when I posted. Just wanted you to know I wasn't ignoring you!!!! :-)
Old 09-04-2004, 07:55 AM   #30  
Carol

Sherry....How are you feeling today? Were you able to stay OP?

Debbie....Those last minute stops for fast food can get me too. I think I should carry food in my purse just so I don't get so hungry that I am ready to grab anything. And I learned a long time ago to never go grocery shopping when you are hungry (although sometimes it still happens). I pick up everything and anything that looks good.

I finally made it through one whole day of being OP. Now I can shoot for Day 2... Hang in there with me!!! We have to get rid of that sugar monster!!!

Wow Gayle..... you really are a busy little bee. And then considering a move...... You sound like you have been under a lot of stress. I am sure it was a hard decision to make on whether to move or stay nearby the parents. But now that the decision is made, lets crawl out of that hole, dust ourselves off, stand up tall and start the new day with a fresh attitude. I know you can reach deep down and find that little spark to turn it all around!

Dee...How are you doing today? Hope everyone is taking great care of the special lady... Feel better!

Shelley....I hope all is well with you and Hurricane Frances stays far far way... Please take care of yourself.

Ramona...Are you feeling better and did you wade through all that work and get caught up. I hope your not buried with that work!!!!

Vicki: Yes, this long weekend is a time to relax, relax and relax some more. Now if you could just get my house to clean itself I could do that!!

Cheryl, Tina, Jennelle and Doni...Hello to all of you. Please come post today and let us know what your plans are for the holiday weekend.

I think I have taken the term "labor day" literally and have so many things I want to get done this weekend. I have been putting off a lot of chores lately and they are piling up. I just have to get some stuff done around here for a change. So, I will at least try to make a dent in it.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!!
Closed Thread