Old 08-16-2004, 11:19 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi Ladies~

TJ~okay, I too went and posted my exercise for the day but will go back and edit it out-I was just so proud of what I did today!

Marti~so glad to hear your sister is fine in FL. I never thought to ask if anyone had family there. CONGRAT'S on the new job!! It has to be in the bag right?! Well, I am sending good vibes that it's yours!

Jen~aaaahhh, I was picturing a doggy or kitty with dentures! Really, how in the world would they keep them in?

Jana~gonna keep trying to do the survery, maybe eventually it will come up for me.

Julie~I heard the Notebook was good, I may go see it.

Susan~the cableguy sounds like a sweetie and a keeper! I hope everything goes well with your first meeting/date.

Angie~I would love to go on Oprah but in the audience, especially on one of her give away shows!

Hi Shanna and everyone else!

Okay, ladies I am going to go to bed so V can give me a foot massage, and then read some more on my book. I may not get much read tonight after that walk. Nighty, night!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:27 PM   #47  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

OMG Cristi wouldn't that be a blast? I would freak! Ya see them ladies that are crying and screaming and hands raised thanking God,,,that would be me...lol

Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:51 PM   #48  

Height: 5'1"

Ok ladies...I started a new thread for the exercise challenge.....let me know if it sounds ok. I've been on the computer to long so I need to get off of here. I will chat with you all tomorrow.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:22 AM   #49  
self portrait

Thanks for all the advice and good vibes guys. I don't know what my advisor at school could tell me that I couldn't find out myself in the help wanted ads. But thanks for thinking of me. I am know having 24/7 migraines and I have had heartburn since finding this info out yesterday. Seems like everytime I think things are looking up something kicks me back down into the gutter. My life is just not fair, doesn't help that I am prone to depression either and I stress a lot as it is. Let's just hope some employer out there will be willing to help a student. Not many people out there are willing to help people out, especially when they know they are not going to be around for a while. To top things off, my boyfriend is not working until winter term, which was going to put such a huge strain on our finances as it is, now I am in trouble too. Double trouble. Yeehaw. Pooh.
I would try and get food stamps with pride, but I believe my car is worth to much for them to let me have anything. Which sucks, cause you are darned if you do and darned if you don't. Anywho, Thanks for everyone letting me vent, it helps to get it out and not constantly make my sweetie listen to me crying and being upset and talking about it over and over again, the same stuff too. Of course he is just as upset about this situation as I am. If I had the funds, I would go see a shrink or something to help calm myself down. Anywho, better get back to the wonderful, helpful , caring job I have. Sarcasm there if you couldn't tell on your own. ;-)
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:39 AM   #50  
kitty Momo

I would try the food stamps thing anyway Shanna. I was on food stamps for years after my seperation, it humbles a person and you learn to appreciate what you do have in the process.
I also went to the food banks all around Portland - knew the days and how often I could get a box, who would deliver and who gave the goodies that the girls liked so much.
Knew where to go when Gabrielle was on her last diaper and I had no $$$$ in my pocket. Lived on 697 a month with 3 girls and I did have my grand voyager........which made me feel rich......and could always count on eating real good at the beginning of the month.......and the girls brought joy into my life and I learned that I was strong and I could survive and that that the God I believe in was an wonderful God.........

Just my story in a nutshell. I hope you can have a wonderful Tuesday! I hope you have some good news and find some answers to your challenges in life.

night
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:47 AM   #51  
self portrait

I think my car is worth too much for them to let me have food stamps. I tried when I was first married almost ten years ago and they told me my truck was worth too much and I couldn't qualify for any stamps assistants. I don't know if it has changed any since then, but my car now is worth more than my truck was back then, so I don't think they will help me any. I would have no problem taking fodd stamps, I pay taxes and if I need help , that is what it is there for. I just don't think they will let me. I lived off beans, rice and potatoes after getting divorced, I could do it again if I have to. ta ta for now
Old 08-17-2004, 01:42 AM   #52  

I had no idea they went by what your vehicle is! I hope it doesn't come down to that for you and that things find a way to work out.... I sent you an e-mail at work. (hope they don't mind)
Old 08-17-2004, 02:03 AM   #53  
self portrait

poop on them if they do mind, I could care less if they do, you go girl. hee hee
Old 08-17-2004, 03:08 AM   #54  

Head on over to chit chat #70!!!

see you there!