Old 08-11-2004, 10:48 AM   #16  

Michelle, I hope you get some rest in today. You need it. How's the house coming.

Jaymi, GET BACK ON TRACK. Glad you had nice time at the beach. Also, Grapes is a good start to the day, it's a fruit. So healthy. That's like being on track.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

lol jaymi you neet paint shop pro and animation shop to make the glitter siggies its about 80 bucks for both programs. I'll make you one a little later today

Ok guys everyone has the lily pie meters in their sigs I think I'm going to have to put 2 of them in mine lol they are so darn cute!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:12 AM   #18  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Man oh man! I got up an hour earlier to see if there would be less posts but i guess not! Oh well thanks for answering my question I was just really curious because I know the shorter you are the the more the extra weight it noticed and Michelle I to was wondering why Leigh looked so slender in her pics its cause she has 2 inches on us all! Oh well I don't think I have every met so many other people that are around my height! My sister is 5'9" and skinny with big boobs along with most of my cousins so I always feel like the odd man out. You would think having a dad who is 6'3" would rub off on me a little, I guess not!

Mel it sounds like today is a better day. I'm so glad you got some uninterupted sleep! I think it makes all the difference. Good job on the pound down too! I'm glad you do flylady too, I really like it. It really helps me stay on top of things. I was on this thing last night too, we could have all chatted!

Crystal that is great about getting some sleep! I bet you will have a great day because you are starting it off with a postive attitude and a lot of sleep. Have fun with school today and I hope you get all your errands done with little incident LOL.

Leigh sorry you didn't get much sleep last night. I hope you feel better today. I work at a Boys and Girls Club summer camp. I am only fill in so I work like 3 hours at a time which, after yesterday is plenty! The kids were out of control! I used to run one of their summer camps in another town so I am familiar with chaos but geez they were bad yesterday! Glad I wasn't on 8 hour shifts like the rest of the staff or I might go crazy! I hope you get your shopping done today.

Cindi I haven't given up on you yet! I just figured you were busy with your 7 kids! I know you can get back on track. Instead of focusing on WW right now if you can't afford it why dont you do what I did and just cut our the junk. After you do that you can start WW. I lost 3 pounds just by stopping all the fast food and sugary things. Just a thought!

Spryng I have been meaning to tell you good luck on your husbands job. That would be so cool for you guys! Where would you have to move? Would you stay in Kansas?As for my morning and evening routine they are fairly simple right now because I just started but here goes
Morning
Make bed
get dressed (not to the shoes, I can't stand it! I still get stuff done though!)
wash face, brush teeth, make up
check mail
Gym
Then I get home and start my cleaning

Evening
Dinner
dishes all washed
dishwasher ran and emptied
baby to bed
talk to Penny LOL
wash face brush teeth
Bed
I know this will get more complicated as time goes by but this is all I can do right now. As far as picking out what I am going to wear the next day it's always gym clothes cause I am going to the gym everyday now. So that is pretty easy to decide the morning of! I would be up for doing the flylady chats whenever you guys can! Just let me know.

Michelle where are your in laws from? So they are coming tomorrow? That is cool I bet you guys will have a lot of fun. How long are they staying? Sorry you didn't get any sleep last night! I figured you were working but wasn't sure. Hope to chat later tonight!

Jaymi glad you had fun at the beach, isn't nice to get out and do something fun like that!

Ok that's enough for my right now, I gotta get my butt to the gym! I'll talk to you all when I get back!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:50 AM   #19  
**Kristin**

G'Moring! I am also so tired today! WEnt to bed at 2:30 last night.....it was okay beause I was over at my mom and dads visiting with my mom, but i have no energy this morning..I need to get my butt in the shower!

MIchelle - no, I forgot to tell you, the siggy doll for sydney was a little "x" so if you could send it to me one more time, I would appreciate it! Purty Please!!!!! How exciting for MIL to come, especially since hse hasn't meet Teagan yet!!!! Way to go on the lb down!!!! You iwl be in onederland in no time!!!!!

Spryng - Fly lady in the afternoon sounds good to me too! I think that might be better for all of us who end up running around or working in the evening! Glad you like flylady so much!! I like it too, but I am a weirdo about cleaning sometimes so I took her stuff and made my own little "version" of it! That helps me get through the week with doing certain stuff on certain days!

Crystal - WOW! SO glad that you got some good sleep!

Penny - What do you have planned for the day? When does school start? Do you have to be there all day every day? or just for like one day a week...dory I know, 20 questions! haha!

CIndi - you crack me up! glad to see you! Hope things get into a good routine for you soon! How are the kids all liking school so far? How many do you have home with you?

LEigh - have fun at the store, glad you are feeling a little better today!

***thoughts and prayers to Spryng and family ***

I'm not sure who brought up starting a new thread everymorning, but I really like that idea, I get so confused sometimes with where we are, or what I read and haven't, it might be a good idea!

QOTD: I think I am 5' 4 1/2" pretty average!

I have a question for you all just for my own record bank! I am running out of recipes that I like and I hate repeating meals a lot, so I try not to make the same thing for 2 weeks and then if I have to, I can use something from the previous weeks! I love to cook! SO...question is what is your most favorite dinner recipe that you have made for your family? If you have a minute and can PM it, that would be so cooL! THanks!

well I better get going on my closet, that is my organiatinal project for this week and I haven't started yet! so shower, and cloet for me the rest of this mornig, and then I have lunch with MIL, should be a nice morning, and hope fully sydney will take a nap this afternoon! okay, now half of you hafve probably alrady posted again! sheeesh!! TTYL !
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:56 AM   #20  
**Kristin**

i was right alt of you did post! HI to you Jaymi and Jill! Sorry guys gotta get into the shower, no time to visit! I mostly wanted to apologize for my spelling in that last post, it was HORRIBLE I was in a hurry as I still am! HOpe you all have a great morning! I will be bakc this afternoon!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:56 AM   #21  

There ya go fortunately I hadn't deleted it off my computer yet so I loaded it back on my photobucket so just let me know when you save it to your computer so I can delete it
Old 08-11-2004, 11:57 AM   #22  
**Kristin**

and Mel!!!!! Sorry, goodness I am not with it today! I love you all anyone else that I missed!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:01 PM   #23  
**Kristin**

MICHELLE! that is too cute! Thanks for resending it! I have saved it so please feel free to take it off ! Sydney loves it, I showed her right away! TTYL this afternoon!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:31 PM   #24  
Walking away the weight

I can't keep up!!! LOL.
Well, went to the store and stocked up on OP foods Had Lean Pocket steak fajita for lunch - very good! 6 points . . . Began work on the circle journals - maybe I'll post pics of my entries later.

Cindi- Sorry you've felt unmotivated lately. It gets so hard sometimes! Just do the best you can by making small changes at first and then slowly work your way back OP.

Penny- what's on your agenda today?

Spryng- I'm still not positive who I like - so far the twins the most, but I think Marvin is very smart.

Michelle- that's awesome that they get to meet Teagan! LOL re: TOM! Ugh. It would be good if you could put two babies on one lilypie ticker . . . but you can't

Jaymi- the beach sounds wonderful and maybe like it rejuvinated you

Jill- how was the gym?

Kristin- closet organization can be fun If you come here you can help me reorganize the guest room!
That Sydney doll is adorable!!!!

Back to scrapbookoing . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:37 PM   #25  

Kristin, I make lemon chicken. It's not fried or breaded. Here's the recipe

Put 3/4 cup or 3/4 avg. size can of chicken broth into a fry pan and wait till it simmering.
Add 2 tsps of chopped garlic from the jar.
Add 1/2 cup of Lemon juice and let simmer for a few minutes

Add 4 very thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts to it. I buy the regular cut chicken breast boneless and then I sliver it down the middle, sometimes twice. It helps if the chicken is still a little frozen in the middle. It's easier to cut, because it doesn't move so much.

Lower temp to half Chicken cooks quickly. Let it stay for a while

In a sauce pan add the rest of the chicken broth and another half cup of Lemon juice and add a whole bag of spinach. I don't like spinach, but u don't even taste it this way. ONce it's cooked down, add the whole sauce pan to the chicken.

Now take one (1) egg and scramble it in a bowl. Slowly add this while "swooshing" it around in the pan so that it doesn't get clumped up. This addes thickness, you don't have to do it.
Cook another 10 minutes and put over rice or angle hair pasta. Or over nothing with a salad.

HINT: If your kids are like mine and don't like GREEN in there food, then take out there portion before you add the spinach. You can always add peas or carrots or something they like. I have done this receipe with string beans and shredded zucchini or green squash.

OH Yes, I don't remember if I said it, but I did a 45 min workout. 3mile Walk off the Pounds for the Abs Video...Yippie.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:41 PM   #26  

Sorry, I should have posted the ingredients first:

Chicken
2 Tsp chopped Garlic
1 cup Lemon juice
1 bag Fresh Spinach
1 egg - scrambled up in a bowl....uncooked lol

BTW you can add more lemon if you Like it that way.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #27  

Hi Girls

I can only stay a second but I have a Question for Michelle, are you still doing the sbd? I was thinking about doing the two week induction phase to get a jump start again. I saw the doctor who invented the diet on TV a while ago and he said you could go back to the two week induction phase and slowly start adding the whole grains again? Well I just wanted to see what you are doing because you seem to keep losing! Congrats.

Leigh TOM makes me feel crazy before it comes, and I heard it actually can bring you immune system down, so maybe it made your cold worse? Glad you got your shopping done.

Spryng, the chef of the group,lol , what are you making for dinner? Sorry if you all ready posted it. But I can not keep up here!

Jaymi hows it going? Hope you have a good day.

Penny Hi, and hello to everyone else. The kiddos are asking for lunch. Chicken nuggets and peanut butter sandwiches for them, but for me who knows? Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:45 PM   #28  

Btw, I am 5feet 5inches
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:47 PM   #29  

Julie actually I have combined sbd and weight watchers because I wasn't eating nearly enough so with the points tracking I have an easier time hitting all my calories for the day and yes after teh 2 week inductio you can slowly start adding higher glycemic index foods such as whole grains and fruits! I hope this helps and hope you have a wonderful day!

Michelle
Old 08-11-2004, 12:48 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello again!!

I am so bored! LOL.. this flylady stuff is great but what am I suppose to do when it's done?! LOL. Ok, I shouldn't complain my house looks great and I have time on my hands.
Well, looks like I'll be staying home all day today. Just as well. Tonight is my normal tanning night but I think I'm done tanning for this year. I'm just so burnt out on it (no pun intended, lol) nextyear though it will be fake tan all the way!
Ok, got my morning routine done and I got my new crochet magazine in! I was so happy about that. Most of the patterns I'm not interested in, like bathing suit cover ups or ornaments... but there is the cutest toddler blanket in there! i think it will be my next project after the one I'm working on now. But I'm starting to feel strange making all these baby blankets with no one to give them to, lol. Maybe I'll make it in boy colors and give it to dh's cousin, even though I've already made her one for this baby coming in oct. I'm going to try and take another pic of it today to see if I can share it with you all.

Leigh, those new low carb lean pockets are only 4 pts! (the supreme pizza one) the only other two I know are low pts are the pepperoni one and the chicken and broccoli one, both at 5 pts each.

Kristin, wow! I would be so dead right now if I stayed up that late. Will you get a nap in today? What is your version of flylady? I would love to see how other people tweak her program to work for them. I have two recipes I love to repeat... chicken parmesan and one dish rosemary chicken with white beans... the rosemary chicken one is on the mom's losing weight recipe page and I'll type up the other for you today and post it. It's quick and easy too and soo delicious.

Jill, if we moved it would still be in Kansas unfortunately, lol. But his company is in Olathe and that is right on the outskirts of Kansas City, which I love! So we would move close to there.

Jaymi, yes those MSF buffalo wings are a soy product, but I think they taste pretty close, not to mention the fiber and such you get in them. They are spicey too so I like to cool them off with some FF Ranch or even cold BBQ sauce. I don't have them very often anymore... I used to eat alot of boca and MSF products.

Mel, thanks so much for posting your routines! and to everyone else who did too! I think everyone is doing so great and the routines look great too! Maybe mine isn't off after all. I wanted to see others because I thought I wasn't doing enough, but I think I do as much as the next person, lol.

Michelle, I'm so excited for you upcoming visit!! Now why do you have to wait to clean house?? Your MIL wants to do it? Wow! I need a MIL like that!! LOL.. can I borrow her too? But I'm sure your girls will be showered with attention and affection, that is sooo great. I hope you have a wonderful visit. Will you still be posting while they are there?

OK, guess I'll get off here and work on my blanket some more. Have a great afternoon all! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote