Old 08-02-2004, 11:40 AM   #31  
mama of 4little Angels

Default Morning ladies

Hey everyone! I did'nt get a chance to post over the weekend.Dh is home and I was busy with the kids.I still have my toothache.I'm most disappointed about my weight evidently not worrying about my weight is not the way to go.So,i'm going to start watching my calorie intake alot more.I'm still exercising but I guess I've been eating more calories than i've been burning.Plus,TOM will be here in a couple of weeks,so i'm hoping part of it is fluid retension.
Anyhow,Michelle I hope your baby's are better.I hate high fever's they scare me.Let us know how they doing.
I love those siggy's.I don't have a picture to post.But would love it if you could make me one. Or just my name or just tell me how and i'll try and do it.
I think they are really cool.
melissa,I love the idea of sending eachother gifts for pounds lost.I think that's a better incentive to get eachother "moving and losing" anyhow I would like to be a part of it if that's ok with all ya'll.
Well I got to go get some housework done and get ready for the waterpark trip tomorrow.TTYL
Angel Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #32  
**Kristin**

Well I got some things picked up and the dogs feed and watered. Wanted to pop back to say hi. I posted one more pic of myself and adam and sydney on the moms loing weight sight. Its full length, so don't don't be surprised if the thought of beached whale comes to mind when you see it. haha! If that helps you michelle there ya go! I would love my sparkly name too....purdy please...you should have a lessontime and teach us all that stuff! I'l be back to get personal after I get the dd to snoozy time in a couple hours! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 11:58 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!!

I'm Back!!! Did you miss me??

I will never be able to catch up on four missed threads so if someone would be so kind and recap the highlights since I left that would be great!! Did I read that Crystal is crocheting now? What are you making? Are you enjoying it? Pictures!! lol.
And when did the question of the day start? Mine for today is hard, lol. Where have I enjoyed living the most?? Well, my parents moved ALOT when I was growing up. We lived in california until I was 12 (all over the state) hated all of it, then we moved to oklahoma, didn't like any town there much either... the best town I guess was sallisaw but I moved there when I was 18 and kicked out of my parents house. Then we moved here to kansas (not a pretty state) If I had my choice I would move to pennsavania (sp?) it was sooo beautiful to drive through, or virginia. Gorgeous states.

Ok, about my trip... it was good! The night I posted to you all... in ohio as soon as we got back in the truck I got a cyst that ruptured on my ovary! SOOOOO painful! Dh tried to help me back into the truck stop because I was feeling really sick and the walk about killed me. The pain subsided sometime in the night but the next day was the real killer. I was sore from the cyst and then I got sick on top of it. I was naseaus ALL day long. That evening I told DH I couldn't drive any further so we stopped sooner than we needed to and then I knew I had to make a run for a bathroom.... but the truck stops get so full after 5 pm that we parked far far away from the building and I didn't make it. I puked right in the middle of the parking lot for all to see... I felt embarassed but I got instant relief for my stomach, lol. I was a little weak after that but I went in and cleaned up and went to bed back in the truck and the next day the fun started, lol. The next day was virgina beach. It made all the bad worth it. What a beauitful beach. Now I've been to beaches in california. My grandma lived on the coast, but that beach was full of seaweed and kelp washed up and the water was dark... this beach was so soft and clean and the water was gorgeous. We took a long stroll down the beach, ate at a seafood buffett (mmmmmmm...) bought some souveniours... and just strolled all day and into the night. We forgot out bathing suits back at the truck (we had to trolley into the beach area) so we just let our clothes get a little wet. I was wearing jeans so my jeans got soaked. This was the first time though that DH has ever been near an ocean so it was fun to watch him enjoy it for the first time. We had a blast. We also went to the aquarium there. That was fun too, got to pet sting rays and horseshoe crabs and stuff. Lots of neat aquatic life.
After that we drove to nashville... went to their big mall and watched The Village. I liked it. Then straight home.
It was a nice trip after I felt better. I read a novel, finished my afghan and started another (I'll take a pic of the one I finished, it came out sooo good!) and played gamecube, lol. I felt so weird having so much time to myself. I missed the kids like crazy and talked to them daily. They did great and had alot of fun. We picked them up yesterday. It was nice for us all to be home again. Dh is home until wednesday. He went ahead and took hometime to get me back home. So yesterday I just spent time with the kids and did nothing. So today I will try to get back into the groove of things around here. As much as I can with dh in the way, lol. I'm not used to him being here during the week.
As far as ww went, well... I tried to stay OP but it was very hard. So I stopped counting pts after the first day. I just wanted to live in the moment and enjoy the trip. I don't know how much damage I did, I'll weigh in on friday as usual. But today it's back OP for me. I figure it will be years before I get to go with him again so I won't do this to myself very often. I should be able to lose what I put on in no time though.
Ok.... I promise to get personal from here on out. I will keep up with the threads now, lol.
Michelle hope your girls get better!!

Ricci, did you start ww yet? what do you think about it?

ok, gotta go, TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 12:20 PM   #34  

Happy Birthday Ricci!!

Welcome Back Spryng. Sorry to hear about your pain, but glad it's better.

General note to all. Most of you guys are having a tough morning. I hope it gets better.

Leigh, How r ya? Hope you're doing well today.

Penny, Hope Andrew is ok, LMK if you saw the Dr. again.

Michelle, glad to hear that the fevers are going down. Hope it continues and doesn't spike in the evening again. Poor little girls.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 12:33 PM   #35  
SAHM of 3

Hi all.
Ricci, Happy Happy Birthday.
Spryng, so glad you are back. Yes I'm crocheting, working on an afghan for my sister's b-day, in Oct. I've got mild carpel tunnel syndrome in my hands/wrists, so I can't crochet for a long period at a time, I have to take frequent breaks or it kills my hands, but the jist of crocheting is very soothing.
The question of the day started last week by Penny. It's really caught on and I think everyone enjoys them. Gives a good topic to talk about if need be. Let's us learn more about each other.
So sorry about your pain, seems that sort of thing always happens on big trips like that. Glad it turned out well, though. I'm glad you weren't OP while you were gone. It's great to live a little.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 12:59 PM   #36  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hey Ladies....

Just brought Andrew back to the dr and he said he doesn't think it is fifth disease but just a virual infection. He is major cranky and sleeping right now. Poor baby Anyhow, I got to get everything picked up from the trip so I will check in later.

WELCOME BACK SPRYNG!

Have a wonderful day everyone Be back Later Sorry to be so short I luv ya all!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:32 PM   #37  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

I have to laugh guys! I am just now checking in for the first time today (granted I slept in but.....) and you guys have already posted and checked in again. I know it's the whole time difference thing but it just makes me laugh. Anyway let's see if I can remember anything that anyone posted

Michelle I'm glad Taylor is ok, I was pretty worried last night so I was glad to hear from you this morning. If I would have stayed on the internet 10 minutes longer I would have caught your pm! I was on late last night! By the looks of your posts you were on really late! You are crazy! I totally understand being on here late though because at least for me all my family is in bed and I finally feel like I can have some time to myself without feeling like I should be doing something else! Good job on everyones names, they are so cool!

Crystal and Jaymi you deserve a day to just hang out. Do what you want today and have fun! I think I might do the same thing, I don't really have a reason too but it sounds good to me!

Kristin, beached whale my butt! You are beautiful and so is your family!

Spryng, Hi I'm Jill. I joined last weekend and am having a great time. I am also 24 and 5'4" so we have something in common. However I just have a 10 month old. Her name is Bayley and I haven't started my weight loss program just yet. Cindi and I are going to team up and start a program together so I hope to one day be where you are at. After hearing all this about WW I think I might try it. Sounds like it works for a lot of people. Sounds like your trip was pretty fun after your cyst experience, do ruptured cysts on your ovaries happen a lot? It sounded serious to me, like maybe something you would go to the doc. for. I guess not cause you seem fine now. Anyway hope we can get to know eachother better. I look forward to it!

Penny it was fun chatting last night, good to hear Andrew doesnt have Fifths disease. Sounds like a lot of viruses on this board LOL! Hope they are not contagious!

Happy birthday Ricci!! How old?

Well sorry if I missed anyone. I have a crying baby in the other room I need to get to. Have fun today everyone! And please post pictures on the MOms losing weight site. I love to see everyones family and what everyone looks like. It's so fun!

Oh ya QOTD: I have lived in Oregon my whole life and have never moved out of the Rogue Valley so I would have to say I like living here the most LOL!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 03:02 PM   #38  
Walking away the weight

Default Whoo- Hoo!!!!

Spryng is back!!!!! Welcome home! We all missed you Sounds like you had an incredible time, though. I've been off plan . . . 3 days last weekend/Monday and again Saturday-today, so my WI may not be good either! I'm glad you're back OP today though

Crystal- hope your day and Andrew have improved.

Kristin- we missed you over the weekend

Michelle- glad the girls seem to be recovering!

Jaymi- Sorry you're feeling down. I'm still off plan right now, but I know one day this week I'll wake up and realize it's time to get back on track.

Ricci- Happy Birthday!!!! can't wait to see what the ring looks like

Angel- I bet TOM has something to do with the weight, but I suppose watching calories will help too Don't worry - I know you'll do great.

Melissa- I'm doing fine - how are you today? Any big plans?

Penny- I'm wishing Andrew a speedy recovery.

Jill- sounds like you're having a good day. Hope Bayley got calmed down

Ugh - I really have to get to the grocery store sometime this week!
Did you guys hear that Lori Hacking's husband was arrested this morning for "aggrevated murder"? She's the utah pregnant woman . . . so sad!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 03:17 PM   #39  
Curves 6-week solution

I just want to say that I just read the latest on the missing Utah woman and it makes me so sick! I heard on Oprah not too long ago that the leading cause of death in a pregnant woman is murder? Can you believe that. It just makes me so sad that this is supposed to be the happiest time in a couples life and it turns to murder. What's even more sad is I bet these women who get murdered by their husbands had no idea their husband was even capable of such a thing. It's so scary. Anyway I was just feeling upset by all this and wanted to vent a little. Hope I didn't spoil anyones mood. Sorry if I did. Talk to you ladies soon.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:27 PM   #40  
Curves 6-week solution

Default Someting to lighten the mood after my last post!

Why Did God Make Mothers?

Enjoy the answers given by elementary school age children to the
following
questions:

Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger
parts.

What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice
and
one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use
string. I think.

Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.

What kind of little girl was your mom?
1. My Mom has always been my Mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty
bossy..
3. They say she used to be nice.

What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk
on beer? Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and
YES to chores?

Why did your mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.

Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a
goofball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the
bed.
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.

What's the difference between moms and dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home, and dads just got to work at
work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller and stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause
that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.

What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of
plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid
of
that.
2. I'd make my Mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did
it and not me!
Old 08-02-2004, 06:10 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi again!

I snuck off in here for a bit... been busy today. Went grocery shopping, returned a movie, then we came home got our swimsuits and went to the lake. That was fun. It's really hot today. Then we came home and started cleaning house. It's 100% DONE!! Dh was a big help too. Dinner will be green chile chicken casserole tonight, it's in the oven right now. I'll let you know how it comes out. Dh is doing karoake in the living room so I'm chuckling in here, LOL! He cracks me up!

Hi Jill!! Nice to meet you and glad you joined our little group! I hope to get to know you better! And yes, ruptured cysts are beginning to be more common for me for some reason. I think it's because I have that IUD Mirena for BC. That is one side effect of it. And as far as going to the doctor for it... well there is nothing they can do for it. once it ruptures your body just has to absorb what it releases and that is all. I can take aspirin or something for the pain though. But I tell you... this is my 3rd one in the last year. Too many for me! If I have another one I'm going to have to consider getting the IUD removed because it is really excrutiating. Where at do you live in oregan?? I have an aunt in klamath falls... you know where that is? She is on ww too.

Penny, I didn't know andrew was sick! I hope the infection goes away fast. Did the doc give him something for it? Poor guy.

Crystal, what kind of pattern is that afghan? and what color/s are you using? I'm glad you are enjoying it. The first few days I started crocheting my wrists and fingers ached but it passed. Kinda like playing the guitar... your fingers have to toughen up to play well. How is the pregnancy going? When is your next appointment?

melissa, how are you doing today?

Well, nothing planned for tonight. Since dh has the karaoke machine hooked up he'll want to play with that all night, lol. Anyone been watching Big Brother? Who was voted out last week?

TTYL!

Leigh, it's nice to know I wasn't the only "bad" one, lol. But this is a new week and I think we can do better this time! Today has been going well for me. We had subway for lunch and dinner is one of those saving dinner recipes. You have any of those lately? I don't follow the news so I have no clue who is Lori Hacking... but I hope that if her dh is guilty he pays for it. That whole Lacey Peterson case puts me in knots... terrible things. How can people harm someone like that? Especially their own mate??! Evil.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:32 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Ok i made a few more dolls for you guys!! Kristin I'll get to work on yours tonight and Crystal what color is your hair? I'm gonna make you a special preggy one I don't mind doing then it gives me practice with the program.

Spryng!!!!! Its so great to have you back!!! We Missed you sooooo much!!!!!
I'll post your doll again in case you missed it I hope you like it

Penny i wonder why yours is small...did you resize it? If you want I'll give you the link to the image in my photobucket album Here it is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...erae/Penny.gif

oh man poor tay her fever got back up to 104.9 today, this stuff just worries me because her doctor has told me that when a fever reaches 104 and up that you have to watch for seizures. So I'm keeping a really close eye on her.

Ok i'm going to go figure out some dinner. TTYL!!
michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #43  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Gonna start a new thread! See ya there
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote