Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 06:17 PM   #46  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Wabbit

My opinion, take it with a grain of salt: Don't set yourself up for disappointment. The old guy will never change -- if talking about how things are/were between you two (or the idea of apologizing) makes him uncomfortable, he might avoid you just because of that. If you want to talk to him, I would suggest just doing it. Nothing wrong with just saying you'd like to resume contact with him, and assuming that no response to that notion = consent. My guess is he would be grateful for the gesture, although don't expect him to say so. Good luck, hope he recovers quickly.

I still can't get #1941. Neither can DH and he is an expert with a master's degree in Freecell.

Kiwi
Old 08-09-2004, 07:27 PM   #47  

Location: the Loralai district in Pakistan's Baluchistan Province

It starts with the first row.

Wabby, I say take the high road. Don't expect him to be any different....he won't be. There were many times that I felt like an *** for helping my mom since she was never so nice to me. But , we are the apples that fell far from the tree. It is important to recognize and be grateful because we could have turned out just like them. In the end I took my mother because I knew that in my situation she wouldn't have done it.
Must go...covered in paint. L
Old 08-09-2004, 10:36 PM   #48  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yes,i would always err on the side of generousity--------one would hardly regret being kind {even if it falls on the unappreciative}==== if you only get to know that you are "doing the right thing"---well that may have to be enough---------------i really can't think of a reason to remain "estranged"-----------" that which you resist -persists " {not sure what that means but it sounds good-----------------Having "no regrets' will be worth it wabbs in the long run..................or as the youth like to say "SUCK IT UP"!!!!!
Old 08-10-2004, 02:29 PM   #49  

Just slap me. I emailed him. Told him I was sorry he was ill. Said I'd like to have a relationship, just give me a sign, - if he couldn't apologize, I could accept that. He emailed me back, said that he was the one who had the apology coming, and that he had done more for us than we had for him. That we would not be were we are today if it had not been for him.

He. Makes. Me. Crazy.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:21 PM   #50  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

you probably aren't really surprised right wabby?? so now is your big chance to be the valiant one and just ignore his inability to see the truth of the matter------there is alot of wisdom in the "old dog---no new tricks " saying!!!--------at least you have put out the olive branch and maybe if you just keep the contact "light" you won't have to regret not "trying'----good for you darlin!!!!!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:11 PM   #51  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow. That's stubborn. Sorry to hear it.

I've spent most of the day noodling around on the computer, setting up diet forms and cr**. Probably a waste of time. How long will I keep track of my diet this time?

Holy he**, I'm boring.

Kiwi
Old 08-10-2004, 06:29 PM   #52  

I figure I tried. He didn't. I'm off the guilt hook.

It must be a full moon. I actually lost my temper with an employee. He is the world's worst teaser. But he's not teasing. He's being abusive to other employees and then when they get mad he acts all innocent. So yesterday when I heard him make a jibe at one of the other guys I told him the "teasing" needed to stop. He told me that other people just need to get thicker skins, and he continued to argue with me. I told him that maybe he didn't realize it, but I'm his employer and sometimes he just needs to shut his mouth. Which he did, and he went out the door in a huff (it was the end of the day). This morning it had all blown over and he acted like it never happened. I didn't hear him teasing or making snide comments to anyone all day, though. I am woman. Hear me roar. Hee.

Kiwi, there is no way to make diets interesting. Of course the whole topic is boring, and yet we constantly play the whole tape over and over in our heads. And that's fine. All I ask is that you listen when I drone on about diets, ok? I'm still holding at the 12 pound gain, although I bumped up a pound yesterday, today I'm back down though. See? Boring.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:59 PM   #53  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh, sure, be all boring about diets and one-up me.

Good job informing the employee where he stands. Sometimes you just have to display your alpha position.

Did I mention that we got a letter from the wayward DD yesterday? Of course, I had typed up a couple of "form" letters for her to use, with witty fill-in-the-blanks, and included envelopes, stamps and addresses, but she actually managed to write on one and send it. Brilliant.

ta
kiwi
Old 08-10-2004, 09:37 PM   #54  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

THAT IS CUTE!!!! you are very original kiki-----------your daughter is very well looked after and that is why she is secure enough to not have to keep in constant touch {like we would prefer!!!} like for instance as we speak my dd is on the freaking crappy moose highway that runs through your dear state so i shall be up and having a hissy fit until she {and the others she is with}arrive in the "big city" it never ends this worrying---------wabby----- i hate confrontations but when you are faced with such a situation it is more upsetting to see it continuing than to try to stop it=========YOU ARE TAKING CARE OF EVERYTHING THESE DAYS!!!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:24 AM   #55  
Member w/ messiest house

Peachie, how are things going? Come on in here and vent.

Hey, I got a lovely p-card from that world traveller who seems to have gone to a tropical beach in the Northwest. Where is that girl anyway?

Boring diet crap:
Two days in a row! I've kept a food log and kept it under my limits for calories/fat/cholesterol/sodium. No, I'm not counting carbs, do I look like a complete masochist? I've spent so much time in the past setting up ways to keep track of my diet, that it only took me a day to get this one the way I wanted it. So last night, when I wanted a snack, I entered in my day's log and figured out I couldn't eat any more cheese (which, let's face it, behind Doritos, is my favorite snack). So I ate 3 slices of turkey instead, which put me right at the limits. If I didn't do anything but this every day all day, I'll bet I could lose weight... I'm a card, eh?

Kiwi
Old 08-11-2004, 02:00 PM   #56  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default okay miss kiwipants!!! set us ALL up!!!!

i feel YOU are just the person to set us all straight----tell us how many caloried to eat and EVERYthing about your diet and let's try it!!!!!! this could be exciting----KIKI"s house of Dieting-------------you may get famous like flywhacko!!!!-----seriously i want to know what you ate----there is a girl on one of the sites who posts what she will eat every day====it always sounds delish----------------------------Peacher's mother's funeral is today so maybe she will tell us how it all went------------hopefully it is going well----
Old 08-11-2004, 09:25 PM   #57  
loves kleenex box art

Wabbo, I read what you said about your dad doing more for you than you have for him !!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL.... I believe I heard Judge Judy explain to someone once that as a father, he was supposed to do things for the kid. The kid, in her explation, owed no debt for this.

I look at it like this. Some people just can't help how they are. You can't really forgive it because it they killed half the town with an axe because they couldn't help it, that wouldn't be forgiven. Killing your feelings can't be forgiven any easier. But they can't help and at some level you detach and view them compationatley. I'm doing that with the Spawn of Satan.

The day went o.k. Was nice to see certain people. The service was brief in the military way and nicely done. The funeral director has gone far beyond his requirements in the area of kindness. It's done. It's all over. And as Sugar says, my life will change now.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:50 AM   #58  
fatter than U

Talking still shaking the sand out of my ears

The beach was lovely and beautiful and fabulous. Some might say I got a tan. Details later.

I'm so sorry to read about all these bovine trials and tribulations. Yep, you can't change 'em, you just have to change your attitude toward them and try to deal with it. Lots of family stuff on this side too, plus having to deal with going back to The Place I Do Not Love next Monday. *sigh*

Mummy and I are visiting the "Psychic Fair" this weekend. Tarot cards! Crystal balls! Palmistry! We like that kind of stuff.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:53 AM   #59  
Member w/ messiest house

Ah, Sugar -- lovely to see you in cyberland again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
Mummy and I are visiting the "Psychic Fair" this weekend. Tarot cards! Crystal balls! Palmistry! We like that kind of stuff.
What a hoot! That sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you squeeze out every bit of good times before you have to return across the pond.

My wayward daughter was supposed to call last night; by 11:45 I gave up waiting and got online. Yep, she called while I was online. How'd you guess? Her concert this week is on Saturday and her class (of Modern Rock guitar) is playing something by Rage Against Machine. That sounds lovely, eh? I was hoping she was playing on Friday, so we would have an excuse to go a day early and hear 2 days of concerts instead of just one, but I guess not. DH can't really take the time off without a compelling reason.

Boring Diet Crap: Had hamburgers and potato salad at SIL's last night, went over my daily limits even though I only had one hamburger and a reasonable amt of pot. salad. Came home, entered my numbers in, and found I couldn't afford to have a snack (unless I wanted raw carrots or something ). Doesn't seem fair. Then when I went to bed I remembered I hadn't written in the ice cream and cookies....

Gotta go make a doctor's appointment for my car. It has a chronic disease, I'm afraid.

Kiwi
Old 08-12-2004, 03:13 PM   #60  
Member w/ messiest house

I couldn't help myself:

from FreeCell lists of difficult deals

(6) Laura Ross of Omaha, Nebraska played all 32,000 deals, solving all but five of the deals (8591, the impossible 11982, 13007, 31465, and 31938). She found 617 and 1941 the most difficult of those she solved.

(7) Two Japanese lists mentioned on Hideyuki Ichihara's excellent site:
[a] 169, 322, 915, 1941, 7825, 30057, 31729
[b] 1600, 1941
1941 is cited on both lists as well as Adrian's "very difficult" list: is this the hardest solvable hand?
Closed Thread