Old 07-23-2004, 01:33 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Friendship - a thing of value

I've been thinking of friendship tonight. How things can happen to make you question friendship. Through my life, I've had friends come and go... mostly because we took different paths in life. But all of us here have a common goal - a healthy lifestyle. Our friendships here have been borne out of this...

The Jaded Ladies members have been true friends to each other. We are here every day to boost each other, encourage, tease, and cry on each other's shoulders. Sometimes things happen that can be taken too seriously, or can be mistaken. After all, we can't hear the inflection of the words in a posted message.

I personally come here at least twice a day. Why? To see how my friends' day is going. To congratulate a "loser", read your insightful comments, commiserate with any friend who is hurting or, as is usually the case, to just say Hi and be here if you need me - some of you even call me "mom". And I feel so comfortable sharing my day with you, too. It amazes me to see the bonds that have formed here over the past year!

So, I hope you - Cristi, Marti, Shanna, Angie, Jen, Susan, RosieKate, Suetalks, Kayecee, KatieCat, Kathy, Heather, Jo, TJ, - and anyone I may have left out accidentally - remember what we mean to each other. I really, really appreciate you being here for me, and I hope I have brought you some friendship and support in return.

Sometimes we just need a reminder.... thanks for letting me share this.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 01:47 AM   #2  
a work in progress

Default beautifully said, Jana...

We're all different, different ages, from different parts of the country, but we also share so many common threads. Even when I'm so tired after work I can hardly think about anything other than hitting the pillow, I want to pop in here and catch up on everyone's lives, find out how you are doing, encourage you the best I can, congratulate you, laugh with you This is really a great group of friends, and I feel really lucky to be part of it.
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:16 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Me too, Katie...
Old 07-24-2004, 10:39 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Funny, because I too was thinking about friendships the other night. But when the trust has been broken how does one go on?? This I would like to hear other opinions about. While I have always felt that friendships are forever, some do come and go. Katie you are right in that we are all different, from different places, ages and such, we also have our own opinions about stuff. But we do have this common thread. I too enjoy coming to the JL thread, I actually miss you all if I miss a day. You all are like an extended family to me.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:49 AM   #5  

i have never felt so comfortable with other women in all my life. i'm just getting to know you all but i feel so supported and so welcomed. its a beautiful thing.

as for broken realationships, i'm not sure where your coming from this, but i was hurt by, what i felt, was a very close realationship about 3 years ago and i was still hurting til about a month ago when i decided to write this girl a letter stating what exactly hurt me (i didnt send it i just tore it up) it made me feel so much better. this might not help everyone. but i decided that the friendship was never going to come back and i have to let go and move on.

actually, ive been trying to let go of a lot of stuff and allow myself to heal. i am just now realizing that its ok to heal, let go and move on. its tough.

i hope this helps.

(((((hugs)))))
tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 12:52 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

TJ - we're glad to have you as a part of this group, and are so glad you're comfortable here. Good idea about writing the letter that was never sent. I did something similar to a man who molested me, after he was dead. I put all the hurt in a box, mentally, and pictured myself handing it to him and saying for him to take it back! It was very theraputic.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:41 AM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

When Im having a good day I can't wait to share it with you all, and when Im having a bad day I can't wait to cry on your shoulders....
I love hearing your family news,,,or horror work stories and knowing you are reaching out to me for advice or my shoulder to cry on.
To me you all have become part of my life, my support system not in just weight loss but in all aspects. Parenting, careers, animals, and relationships with the people around us.
We do all come from different areas of the country/continent. We are all of different ages, lifestyles. But then have so many similarities to make for a wonderful friendship.

JMHO
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 04:21 AM   #8  
self portrait

Amen To Every Post!!!!!!
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 05:16 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

I agree with everything that was said here.

I have come to cherish what friendship I have here with all you gals and I thank you all for being here for me when I need it. (and boy do I need it sometimes)

With what is going on in my life right now, it helps to relieve a bit of stress that is going on just by being able to come here and post. If I wasn't able to come here due to any reasons at all, I think that would break my heart...you girls are who I consider my friends. (you're like family to me)

And I again --- thank you for being here for me.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:00 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Angie & Shanna,

I think I'm gonna cry... seriously! You guys are like family to me, too. Thanks for being here.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:53 AM   #11  
self portrait

Default Oh no!!!

JANA: Don't you start crying now missy. Then I will start crying , then everyone will start crying and then everyone will have the threat of floods, not just Cristi!!!!! I am a big crier, I cry at the drop of a hat. It can be just a sad commercial or something silly and off I go with the water works, very frustrating for my boyfriend. I also cry when I get really, relaly mad, so you know I am mad when that happens, or do you??? Since I just said I cry over everything who's to know?? hee heee
So I guess we will all cry together and just have that much more to share as a group.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:19 PM   #12  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

GROUP HUG !
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote