Old 07-21-2004, 11:16 AM   #31  
Walking away the weight

Default Back again.

Okay, I'm back We went for our power walk at 9am and Liam slept most of the time, which is excellent. I think I'll do an abs tape later, but I'm not positive because I need to straighten up the house.

Geri - have you tasted the cake yet? Is it good?

Jaymi- sounds like TOM is doing a number on you Hope he comes and goes quickly so you can feel better. I get really frustrated at everyone the week before TOM too And, hey, 30 minutes of exercise is 30 minutes, right?

Crystal- about sometimes wishing Dh was out of town. I will say this - I think him going out of town often helps us because then I remember that I really miss him as opposed to whenhe's home and it gets easy to be frustrated over how messy the bathroom gets, etc., etc. So him being gone does make me appreciate him more. Quite honestly, right after 9/11 when he was in Afghanistan and it was really dangerous, I truly came to realize how a lot of the day-to-day things I used to get frustrated over really don't matter and I became a lot better about certain things. Sorry the contractor didn't show- hope all is well.

Angel- you could also try buying single size servings of ice cream treats for the kids on the same day they'll be eating them. That way, they'll most likely eat their servings and there won't be any left over to tempt you.

Michelle- do you have a craft store like Michaels near you? They'll also have a great selection of beads and jewelry making items. As for Motrin, yes - everyone says it works better, but unfortunately it makes Liam spit up. He loves Tylenol though - he opens his mouth as soon as he sees the bottle

Spryng- glad you're having a good day! Dinner tonight will be a WW meal since DH is gone. I saw Big Brother, but it never gets good until there are fewer people in the house.

I'd love to try and chat with you guys next time. Okay, Liam needs a playmate. Later
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:50 AM   #32  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Angel,
Do you have a hobby? Like Spryng said, try to keep your hands busy. I know it always helps me. Hang in there, sometimes it takes us a long time to figure out a game plan for weight loss.

Hey Geri,
What's the party for? Are we invited??? I love the meal deal idea more and more every time you say it. Thanks for the ww info. I really appreciate it.

Jaymi,
Hope things get better for you. Don't blow all your hard work you have done. Do you take a whole Adipex a day or 1/2?

Crystal,
Sounds like you have a busy day planned! Good Luck

Leigh,
Thanks for your help on the serving sizes and such. I was confused about doing 1.5 points or rounding to the next point so thanks for clearing that up! Sorry dh is out of town

Spryng,
I am glad you posted about putting our plan in our sigs. I have been wondering about including a little short bio for everyone in the starting reply. But I wasn't sure. Like maybe: name, kids/age and plan. Not sure but I guess everyone can vote on what to do. Your supper sounds great. I am making Thai Chicken for supper but not sure about the sides yet.

Michelle,
I joined the new chat. Thanks for doing that. I was thinking about the same thing. Great minds think alike How is your scale doing? I know you are peeking.........

Well, Ladies ....
WW is agreeing with me so far. My scale was back down 4 pounds already this morning! OMG Yah! I am still at 166 but I am hoping to get back down to 159 soon. I know it may take awhile but atleast I am going back to the right direction.

I have been scrapbooking last night and fixing to get started again this morning. Have a good one!!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:54 AM   #33  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

OMG GERI!!!!!!!!

I didn't realize that 5 more pounds and you will be on the other side!!!!!!

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2004, 11:55 AM   #34  
2BoysMom

Good morning all

Crystal, I'm still drinking my coffee so I'll have a sip or two for you! Sorry about the ants...they're a pain in the butt. My uncle told me about an ant poisen that you can put a drop on a piece of cardboard and the ants will get to it and take it back to the nest and they'll all die! Just can't remember the name of it! I like the idea cause you can put it where the kids can't get to it and still get the job done.

Leigh...The cake package is still sealed. I keep walking past it and looking at it but it won't be opened until after dinner tonight. Hope Liam's doing better today. There's nothing worse than a tired, cranky baby...well, maybe a tired, cranky mama!

Spryng, how can you say you're not funny? Michelle with no panties? OMG!! I even had to go back and re-read her post . Do you have a scanner? You could scan the pattern and email or snail mail it to me if you wouldn't mind! The green one looks adorable too. Hmmmm, who do we know that's going to have a baby????

Michelle, the party is on Aug 7th at 3:00 ish. We have an extra bed so you wouldn't have to pay for a hotel! Let me know what time to expect you!!!!! Wooo hooo, that would be fun!

Angel, I quit smoking 3 times! The first was for 6 months, the second was for 8 months and the 3rd was the charm. I think that is easier than dieting because you actually have to go out of your way to get a cigarette...but there is always SOMETHING in your kitchen to eat even if it's not a sweet treat . I don't have cravings and I can smell when someone's a smoker right away. It's been 5 years now. I always keep treats here for the kids too...that's normal. I also tend to get into them once in a while but even if I didn't I'd find something...like peanut butter...yummmmmmmmy. Stick with us...you'll be fine. It took some of us a while to get our diets together before we started or kept losing.

Spryng...I like the idea of putting the plan in your sig. If I remember I'll do it right after this post!

OK, I must get some other stuff done. It's supposed to storm here this afternoon. It's about 88 and sticky outside so we'll stay in I think. I love hot, just not sticky. The morning storms they were talking about must have broken up before they got here.

Crystal...almost forgot. The garden is still doing well. Tasted some carrots but I keep breaking them when I try to pull them so I have to get out there with a little shovel when the ground is wet. Still getting lots of beans a few peas and the green peppers are starting to sprout. Had 1 pickle that was big enough to taste. We'll be canning in a few weeks I think. Mom's got lots of tomatos on the vine too.

Have a wonderful day ladies and I may get back on here again. TTYL!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:57 AM   #35  
2BoysMom

Hi Penny! We posted together! Congrats on the 4 lbs.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:49 PM   #36  
**Kristin**

hey ladies!
How are you all doing this Wednesday morning! Well today is my weigh in, I maintained today, which i guess isn't bad, since I have been having TOM cravings lately, its on the way, early next week....ugh. oh well, at least it wasn't a gain!

Michelle - All you can do is try, with the potty training...see what works, ya know? I figure, if they are ready, then they will do it. Sydney was just lazy, she could go, just never MADE her do it......so when she ran around w/ no diaper, pull-up or panites, it kinf of forced her to try, she had been waking up dry for months, and telling me right after she would poop or pee in her diap...so I just forced the issue! well anyway, good luck!

Spryngy (boing,boing) hahah! how you doing lady? sorry, I just had too!

Geri - CONGRATS!!!! That is awesome!

Hi Leigh - glad you got your walk in today!

Crystal, Jaymi, Panny, Cindi, Melinda, Cheri, Angel, Di, Ginny! HAVE A GREAT DAY! Don't have time to get personal with all of you! I still love ya, hope you all have a great day! :ballons:
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:11 PM   #37  
Walking away the weight

Penny- on being down 4 lbs!! Wow! That's enough to keep a person motivated What is the "starting reply"? Sorry if that's a dumb question. What kind of scrapbooking are you doing? Kids albums? Wish I could join you

Geri- Liam is in a great mood today, so I'm glad. He napped a lot this morning. It looks like he may nap again soon so I can straighten up some more. I try cleaning while he plays on the floor, but he doesn't put up with that for long. How are the boys treating you today?

Kristin- congrats on maintaining - believe me, during pre-TOM, that's an accomplishmnet!

Well, I keep forgetting to discuss this with ya'll. I know this goes against every single nutritionist or diet expert's advice, but I find when I skip breakfast and just have an early lunch at 11am instead, I do much better with cravings, hunger, etc. during the day. I know it's crazy, but I swear this has been true for me my whole life.

And the signature line - I do like the idea of everyone putting thir plan in there. SHould we also, as Penny suggests, put a short bio?
Old 07-21-2004, 01:48 PM   #38  

Hi Lovely Ladies! I'm back home, what a journey!

I did just OK on my plan while I was away, gained a couple, but that will be easily lost, so I'm not stressed about it. I feel sooo motivated and sooo good about my eating, that I'm really happy with myself. I'm also working really hard to get more exercise into my week and starting Friday I will be hitting the gym with Logan and Ethan. My big plan is still doing Yoga twice a week, with 2-3 days at the gym for some strength training.

The boys' birthday was really great, Ethan had a blast playing with the "big" boys and Logan pretty much was doing his own thing playing in the bushes and with the fountain. I really miss my family, and it was hard to leave. Luckily I talked my mom and Grandma into visiting us in August and I'm working on getting my sister and her brood up her in Sept. or October. I didn't realize how lonely I was till I had to leave my sister's house.

I'm trying to catch up with all of you, it will take a couple of days! Sounds like everyone is doing well, so what big things did I miss while I was away?? Give me some details ladies, I feel like I've been gone for a month instead of a week!

Michelle, I would love it if you could give me some guidelines on weight training. Like how I should break up my workouts each day. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Well "Howdy" to all of you, Spryng, Leigh, Crystal, Penny, Ricci, Kristen, Geri, and Angel, cripes, I hope I didn't forget anyone, if I did, please forgive me!

Tonight, I'm making a W.Watcher's shepherd's pie, sounds yummy, for dinner and for lunch a lean cuisine pizza roll, not sure how good it will be as it's the first time I will be trying it.

Off to try and get some of our luggage and crap put away. You can all just imagine how much laundry I have as well as toy sorting. Too much stuff!

Glad to be home, and hope to catch up soon.

P.S. Leigh, I used to find it easier to skip breakfast as well, it would really cut down on cravings for me. Then I realized that the real reason it helped me was because I wasn't starting out my day with carbs. I don't have the same reaction to breakfast if I eat eggs first thing, but I really see a difference if I start the day out with toast or a bagel or cereal. You may want to check that out for yourself sometime, it could be just me, the way my body works with carbs, but I've heard others say the same. Just a thought!

hugs,
Di

Last edited by DianeJ; 07-21-2004 at 01:53 PM.
DianeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:01 PM   #39  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

OHHH DIIIII,
WWWEEEEELLLLLCCCOOOMMMMMEEEEE BBBAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!!

We have missed YOU!
Please give me the recipe for the ww shepard's pie. My hubby loves it but I never had a lowfat recipe for it! Thanks so much!

Don't worry about the gain. You will have it off in no time! I am glad the boys enjoyed their birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN & LOGAN!

Leigh,
About the starting reply. I didn't know what to call it. I was talking about the one that starts our thread.... the one we copy to each thread. Me or my kids are not breakfast people. I could live without bf everyday and it wouldn't bother me one bit. I say do what you think is good for you! You know your body better than any dr, right!

Kristin,
Congrats on the maintenance. Yes, it is better than a gain. I know you will have a great loss this coming week!

As for me, I am really loving ww. I didn't think I would but now that I have really put some thought into it, it is really simple. I never wanted to have to measure out all my food but now I am..... and realizing how much I was overeating at each meal. And I have found that I am not picking at food like always. I use to grab a bite of something all the time. Now I don't want to have to use a point or look it up. I am feeling great so far! Thanks ladies!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:03 PM   #40  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Gonna start a new thread!

C-ya there !!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:06 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

DI!!!!!!!!!! Its soooooo great to here from you!!!!!!! My biggest advice on the strength training is to first make sure that you are performing proper lifts etc...second, make sure you are consistent, third always give your muscles time to recover, thats when you'll start to see the results not when you are lifting the results happen in the "repair" process. I'll try to find some good sites for you I had a bunch of them but when I wiped my harddrive I forgot to write them all down. So glad the boys had a great birthday!! Taylors is coming up in August and we are doing a finding nemo theme for her. Good luck on your vacation laundry I always hate doing laundry after vacation lol.

Penny Great that you joined the other group we can put stuff up on that site as well if you like! I dunno what the problem with msn has been lately but it was ticking me off the other night lol.

Geri DAMN!! I wish I could come for the party!! Too bad we all don't live near each other it would be so fun to get together and have a party!! I still think we should plan a sahm cruise or something lol!!

Kristin I am getting frustrated with the potty training to be totally honest, she has gone 3 days without a diaper during the day and hasn't gone in the toilet once!!! I got her potty presents wrapped and now she's mad at me cuz i won't let her open them everytime she sits on the toilet!! I keep telling her that she can have one when she pees or poops and only then. I'm just gonna stick to it and not give up otherwise this kid is gonna go to school in diapers lmao!! One thing we are experiencing with her is that she seems to be attached to her diapers...she'll be wearing panties and then go in the diaper drawer and come running out with a diaper she wants put on! I tell her no and she gets upset with me oh well We'll get through this ......I hope How is your day!!

Geri....quit imagining me running around with no panties you big sicko LMAO!! JK My sister is one of those women who hates wearing panties but me noooowayyyyyy I need mine!! For comfort more than anything lol big cotton granny panties lmao!!!! I swear I will have cute underwear again in the future!!

Spryngy!! Boing Boing Boing....now I keep picturing you with a tigger tail LMAO!! Thank Kristin for that lol.

Leigh, unfortunately we don't have a Micheals here I love that store but we do have JoAnnes Fabrics perhaps I'll go check that out we also do have a bead shop that just sells beads and stuff like that!

Well Taylor is freaking out because the dog just went to get her hair cut and Taylor thinks we gave her away or something!! She is screaming at the top of her lungs so I should go console her! She doesnt understand that Jaxxie will be coming back later lol poor girl!

Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:18 PM   #42  
Walking away the weight

Hooray! Di is back!!! We've missed you I'm glad you did so well while you were gone - I knew you could do it! Thanks for your insights on the breakfast thing. For me, no matter what I eat it seems the same

Penny- oh okay, now I know what you mean about the starting reply/post thingie. I'm glad you're enjoying WW - I love it too. It fits so well into everyday life and is quite simple.

Michelle- poor Taylor! That's so sad that she thinks the doggie is gone. Liam now has figured out he has to throw Duncan's toys to him and he does, but he doesn't throw far enough for Duncan to figure out he should fetch them.

Oops? Did Penny start a new thread?? I"ll repost over there.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:27 PM   #43  
Walking away the weight

There's a new thread! See you at 222