Old 07-09-2004, 04:52 PM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Talking New Year, New Goals, New Me, Week 28

Hello everyone!

Remember from last week, beginning this week we are going to post one nice thing about ourselves each week. It won't be hard, as we are all wonderful people, we just need to give ourselves a break and be good to ourselves.

First, my goals for the new week:

1. Stay within points, using activity points, with WW program.
2. Be dilligent with getting weights routines in this week.
3. Lose the 1 pound gain I showed last week.

Alright, now onto something positive about myself:

I am a very dependable person. Work, family, friends, volunteering at charities--you need something and I say I'll be there, then you can count on me. I believe so much in following through with committments, it's just with weight loss I falter sometimes. That has changed, and I'm happy about it! So, you can keep depending on me to be here for support, frustration, anything!

Jolly: I hope you have a good weekend and get some rest. Don't make me send Bat to you, as he is winking at me this week whispering, "Hey, I can take both of those scales...give me a shot." I reply to him, "Hey, Bat, give me a break...I can do it on my own, thank you very much!".

Connie: Wow! I bet your doctor was impressed with your results. Good for you! You are doing so well!! I'm very much looking forward to my surgery and my chest is ALWAYS deflated pillows! Not for much longer. C'mon, chant with me...perky perky perky!

Chequita: Howdy!

Lucky: Howdy!

Dan: ???APB???

Okay, here's to a wonderful week with EVERYONE reporting great weeks. Remember, crunch time for me! Time to get to 40 pounds gone within the next 4 weeks!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 06:26 PM   #2  

Hey all. Goals for this week - stay on track food wise. NOt let third shift and unexplained tiredness derail my eating.

One good thing about myself? That is hard. I am not used to tooting my own horn. I usually hide in the background. I guess my sense of humor. I have a strong, if slightly sarcastic and twisted, sense of humor.

Have a good weekend all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:09 PM   #3  

HEllo everyone. Hello. Hello? Feeling kind of lonely here. I weighed in this morning, even though I was afraid to. I stayed the same. Considering the food choices I made last week, that is a wonderful thing.

I had so much fun this weekend, going shopping. Phase one of my "growing up." I will feel comfortable in my own skin, in how I dress, do my hair, wear makeup. Phase two will be taking my fine looking self out there. Looking up fun places to go and be seen, meet people and have fun.

So, one more good thing about myself, is my willingness to (sometimes slowly) step outside the box and try new things.

Have a great week everyone.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:32 PM   #4  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Jolly, I'm here!!!

Tried to post earlier, but ran out of time.

I'm so glad that you are stepping outside of yourself and doing new things. I find it's hard for me also and sometimes I see my reflection and still see myself at my heaviest. I forget all the hard work it's taken me to get to this point. (And still have a long way to go!)

I am looking forward to a good week. I did well this weekend and got lots of exercise in. Food choices were right OP and that hasn't happened for a long time! Got all my sewing stuff organized and put away. Putting up the fence this week, so it's going to be a busy one!

Hello to everyone else.

Let's have a great week!

Chach
Old 07-13-2004, 11:54 AM   #5  

Default Tuesday

Hi Jolly and Chachee - sounds like you ladies are having a great week so far.

Weigh-in yesterday was a good one - I lost 2 lbs. I got in three days of walking since this past Tues which helped alot. So this week I need to work on getting at least 4 days of exercise in. It is very hot and humid here now so that means I need to dust off my treadmill and get busy. I work nights (get to bed about 2AM) and it is hard for me to get up early before it starts getting hot outside. So I bought this treadmill last fall and haven't used it much. Five minutes on it feels like 20 min walking outside. My dr told me to start out using it five minutes a day then build up. I live 10 miles from the Y and two other gyms. The Y is the only one with a pool (I tried water exercise several years ago at the college before I changed jobs and got on this night schedule). I like being in the water and will check with the Y about a water exercise program.

One good thing about myself - well I hardly think about myself in a positive way, in fact I hardly think about myself at all. But I will say that I am a friendly person.

JOLLY - I've worked nights for the past seven years. I get tired about 10pm every night; I slept yesterday afternoon about 3 hours but it didn't help.

CHACHEE - I'm chanting... per-ky, per-ky, per-ky! Good job getting back OP.

Chequita, Lucky - HEY!!

Have a good week.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:04 PM   #6  

Hey all. Just a quick post, from a crazy day. Congrats on the loss, Connie. You are doing great. Chachee, here's to a great weigh in for you. Good job on staying op.

I had a bad lunch, due to being very busy, but still feel I am doing well. Here's to a great day.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:56 AM   #7  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hello to everyone.

I am really here.

But I will try and come and post more tomorrow.

Happy hump day.

Kathy
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:46 AM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello All!

Connie: Thanks for the chants! They help! Big congrats on the weigh in! That is wonderful! You are slowly working the exercise in, which is great. That way it won't seem like such a big deal to do 30 minutes on it if you build it by 5 minute incriments. That's what WW says--do 10 minutes a day, three times a day if you can. I break mine up and have really seen drastic results. I do 30 minutes of walking or on my Gazelle in the morning, do weights along with that two times a week, then I walk on my 2 15 minute breaks at work. Its really helpful and makes it not really seem like exercise. Anyway, GREAT JOB!!

Jolly: You didn't go to chinese buffet, did you? Girl, you gotta stop that! I resisted last night at Quiznos. The guys were working on the posts and they were hungry. I made a run there and only got a Diet Coke. I had only had some stir fry veggies earlier, but it was already 7:00 pm, and it was too late to have something else. Their veggie sandwich there is AWESOME! Just a small totally fills me up. Do you need Bat??

Lucky: Hey girl, thanks for stopping in. How is daughter? Still have the black hair??

Hi Chequita. Results for the weigh in, please!!

Okay, weighin for me tonight. I am sure I can have that one pound gain gone. Other than that, don't know. It's been a great week, but I have been doing a lot of weight lifting, so that always affects the scales. It's okay, because I know I am getting healthier. Just love that feeling.

Have a great Wednesday.

Chach
Old 07-14-2004, 05:16 PM   #9  

Hey all. Chachee, good luck with weigh in tonight. And no, I don't need Bat. But thanks for offering. I did not do Chinese buffet. I had no time, and grabbed some McDonald's to eat on the fly. Had a salad for supper though, to balance it out.

Have a good one all.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:55 AM   #10  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hey Ladies!

Jolly: Hey, one visit to McD's is not going to kill you! I know how busy you are and that you don't always have time to cook/plan ahead with your meals. You need to give yourself a break, because look at what you have accomplished so far! You have moved your bar down, and gotten healthier! I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good fight!

Good weigh in for me. I lost the one pound I gained last week and another 0.6. A loss is a loss. Down 33.4 now since end of February. Have my focus back and ready to finish this with a good number before surgery. I'll still go afterwards, but really wanted to have 40-50 gone by the time I went in for it on August 11th.

Have a great day everyone!

Chach
Old 07-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #11  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Going to start the new thread.

Chach