Old 07-08-2004, 09:22 PM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Did you see mine?? I must yap my head off!! Sheesh!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:33 PM   #17  
GmaTo8

Marti and Angie.. Click on the chat link in the upper right hand corner and head in to the chat room... see you there!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:22 PM   #18  

Susan---goto the chatroom!
Old 07-09-2004, 02:17 AM   #19  
self portrait

Jana: I love your new picture. You always look so happy in you pics
See you tomorrow miss marti!!!! What fun we will have
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 06:03 AM   #20  

Morning ladies!!

Well I should say...I ought to be in bed by now...but I wasn't able to sleep!! But now that I'm on here posting...I'm getting sleepy. Must be what I needed.

James will be surprised to see me awake if he walked in any minute...should be home in the next half hour!

Jana & Sue, I enjoyed our chat on in the chatroom. Sorry if I was a boring chatter. Angie, Susan, Cristi, Rosiekate and EVERYONE else that I missed....we should all cram in there sometime and yap away. It was fun. Think of a time we could all be online and we can get together and yap.

So what are everyones plans for the weekend? Anything fun? I would like to go to the coast. But I don't think that's what were going to do. James will be spending some time bottling up beer he made last month. I hope he doesn't expect me to help! My whole house smells awful when he's making that stuff!! But apparently all that have drank his beer, really liked it. Too bad I'm not a beer drinker. Actually it's probably a good thing, otherwise when I ran out of wine, I'd be hitting the bottles of beer!! Boy...I need a job.

Ok girls....I think I'm finally ready for bed.

Talk to you in the morning.

Marti
Old 07-09-2004, 07:35 AM   #21  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Happy Friday morning, Ladies!

Awwww, thank you all so much for the kind words about my new avatar. I was feeling playful and decided to go for it! Especially to you, Shanna, since you made a special effort to pop in and say that!

I PMed Suzanne and asked if we can get our own chat room. I had a blast in there last night! And I think we ought to plan to meet there tonight at 9PM my time, which is 7PM on the West coast. If Neal and I go to the Eagles, I won't be there, but the rest of you can try....

By the way, I have often checked out members' data. It's fun and informative.... That's how I know when someone leaves us, if they're really gone or if they just moved on to a new group.

To Alex - if you see this, please join us, okay? Although we are a lot older than you, we still know how to have fun! You seem like a sweet girl who would fit right in here.

BBL,
Old 07-09-2004, 10:11 AM   #22  
RosieKate

A quick hello this a.m. -

Jana - love the new avatar, cutie-pie! I would love to chat, but can't promise I'll get to the computer at that time. That's when we are winding down, getting the kids bathed and read to, yada yada. I'll try.....

Susan - Sounds like Gaby and her dad are forming a special bond..... All this talk about big feet, lol. I have this vision of a BigFeet Anonymous meeting..." Hi, I'm Katy, I am a Size 9 and I have plantar fasciitis." " Welcome, Katy".....

Well, Dad brought the table over, and it is indeed gorgeous. Trouble is, it smells like cigarette smoke, so I Febrezed the cr** out of it. Now it smells like Febreze and cigarette smoke, lol. But it is an improvment. I could have cried, however. He was giving me a hard time about my apprehension over having such a large, formal piece in my little dining area. We have no formal dining room and I just didn't think hardwood and upholstery and toddler was a good combination. He kept saying, "It survived you and your brother just fine, and you were hard on it" Then he brings it over and there is a half-dollar sized burn mark on the surface from where he and his wife let a candle burn down. So the table could survive my brother and me, but not HIM, apparently. Ugh. So I called my mom, who has room and could use a dining table that seats 10 as she has begun distributing some of the books she has edited and published. It will be a good work space for her, she will take good care of it until either my DB, me, or my children are in a position to have it again. She is coming Sat. to have a visit and cart it off.
Today I clean and get ready for company - again. Yeesh! When it rains, it pours. I'll try to get back later to do individuals
RK
Old 07-09-2004, 01:13 PM   #23  
GmaTo8

Ladies,

I forgot to mention that Suetalks was in the chat room last night, and she mentioned that her father passed away yesterday. She was kind of antsy, so she was diverting her attention that way. She and her DH are going to PA today, and she isn't sure how long she will be gone. I know we will all want to keep her in our thoughts and prayers during her trying time.

RosieKate - so glad you found a home for the dining room set! Your mom may be able to buff the burn stain away. Btw, I had plantars faciitis for almost 2 years and it hurt so much! I have to be very careful on the treadmill, which is what caused it in the first place!

Later,
Old 07-09-2004, 07:18 PM   #24  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Bunch of chatty ladies while I was gone-I think you are trying to tell me something!

Just a quickie ladies as I just got in about an hour ago and I am pooped. Definitely will be turning in early tonight. I will try and catch up tomorrow.

Susan~I remembered that you had asked about pictures after I logged off yesterday morning and have thought about it since then. I honestly wasn't ignoring the question. I will try and get some photos up again tomorrow because I had deleted them all, or either pm them to you tomorrow.

Jana~cute avatar!

Anyway, just wanted to say HI!

TTFN
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 07:27 PM   #25  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

dang Jana, I rushed out the door as soon as I did my post and now the day after I see I missed some fun...double dang

Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:12 PM   #26  

Evening ladies--

Just a quick post....I just got home about 15mins. ago. Went with Shanna to the local farms and bought some fresh veggies. I really wanted to load up but thought that I better not. Didn't think that I would be able to eat all in time before they spoiled!! Spent most of the time pulling up my pants...finally dragged Shanna to Walmart and bought me a darn belt! So now I feel better.

So did any of you get to chat today? Sorry I missed it if you did. Maybe next time.

I better clean up the kitchen.....can't be a housewife that doesn't keep house!!

Chat more later
Marti
Old 07-10-2004, 01:10 AM   #27  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

AH man ladies anyone see TROY? well on a scale of 1 to 5 I give it a 10...nothing like seeing Brad in a leather skirt to get my BP up....I swear I was sweating watching him swing that sword....
Remember the Island thread about what we would bring? Sorry Rupert you have been voted off the Island,,,come on over Brad.
Katierose,,,murphy's cleaning oil will help with the table....remember to clean under the table too,,,been there done that when Monte's mom passed on, we got a few wood pieces and her being a heavy smoker I washed and still the smell was there till my mom helped me with the cleaning oil...
well need to get to bed,,,,gotta be up early to go to a pancake breakfast.
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 08:24 AM   #28  
GmaTo8

Talking

Good Saturday Morning,

I'm into sea green this morning for some reason... maybe Angie's island talk did it, lol.

Cristi - so how was the concert? What did Miss Thang have on? Bet you had a lot of fun with Jason... or was it Josh?

Angie - you missed some fun in the chat room, that's for sure. Cast your vote at the Chat room thread for when we should meet, okay? Poor Rupert... he's been cast off the island, huh? LOL! Wait til I tell Jennifer what's going on!

Marti - I chatted with a real nice member of the 100# club for a little while. They were getting ready to meet in their own room. I took off because I was so bushed and wanted to get a shower. YAY for your pants getting too big!

Hi also to Susan, Shanna, RosieKate, Jen, Kathy, Katie and LibraryKate. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

I gotta call my sister in a couple of minutes. Wanted to share my 2 pound loss this morning. Very happy about that...

Be good, and I'll bbl,
Old 07-10-2004, 10:04 AM   #29  
RosieKate

Angie - thanks for the Murphy's Oil tip. A day later, it still smells like smoke, with a whiff of febreze over it - ha ha. I joked to DH, " I just replaced one stink with another!" My mother has a steam cleaner that will take care of the upholstery, and she and her DH will most likely refinish the top due to damage. It really is a gorgeous piece, and I have fond memories associated with it. Someday I would like to pass it to my children. Brad, Brad, Brad - what a hunk o'man. Problem is, he has to open his mouth I 'd rather just sit and look at him. I saw him on Oprah a few years back and thought he was quite the dim bulb...

Jana - YAY - again - on your loss! I received my WW stuff yesterday and it is a much easier program than I expected. Seem like I just need a points list and I'm good to go. The calculator is very helpful for keeping track, particularly with activity and flex points. So I'm off and running....

Marti - Farmer's markets are the best! We have several really good ones in the Portland area, including one just down the street from my neighborhood in Hillsdale. Now that I get organic produce delivered, I don't go very often. I need to go to the Portland one sometime, though, as they carry a grass-fed chicken that I want to start buying in bulk. Just haven't made it downtown yet.

Sue - if you are lurking, hang in there. I 'm saying a prayer for you and your family and so sorry about your dad.

Christi - did the JS concert happen? Paper (or was it People mag) this morning said she had a kidney infection and was canceling until later in the month. Or was that BritneySpears ....I can't keep them straight. I just read the People with Brit slobbering allover her new fiance, whom she's known for a whopping three months. He's dad to a 2 yr old and former GF is expecting his second child. Shall we all start betting pool about how long this marriage will last? Gag.

HI to everyone else...sorry I'm missing some people. I need to finish cleaning up the house and get some groceries, as Mom and her DH are expected today. After they pack up the table and leave tomorrow, life should calm down for awhile. I'm looking forward to a low key week so I can catch up on my garden and whatnot. Anybody here a BigBrother/Amazing Race fan? Don't know that I'm into BB as much as I used to be, but TAR is my fave reality show. I'm also enjoying Last Comic Standing.....

Have a great day everyone
Rosie Kate
Old 07-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #30  

Just want to quickly post this morning.....I need to get myself going today.

Jana--CONGRATULATIONS on 2 more pounds!! That is just fantastic!! I may weigh myself today.....but don't know...it's TOM and that just doesn't feel good to see a gain!! But I'm so happy for you!!!!! As for the pants.....they didn't get too big, I bought them that way. I keep telling myself I need a size 10....and James tells me a size 8. I say, it depends if the jeans are stretch or not. Anyway, the belt helped with the falling down part!!

RosieKate--Haven't ever watch either of those shows. Have you watched "The Jury" yet? very interesting. I like trying to figure out if the person is guilty or innocent, and then at the end, they show you what happens and lets you know if they are or not.

Angie--I haven't seen Troy....I haven't gone to see a movie in awhile. Shrek2 was the last one. So you've fallen head over heals for Brad have ya??? He is a cutie!! I saw him on Oprah yesterday, but didn't stay long enough to watch it.

Hello to the rest of you girls......so much for posting quickly!!

I gotta get going......

Talk to you later
Marti