Old 07-03-2004, 07:43 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Chit Chat # 57

Welcome to the Jadies Ladies site!

We invite anyone reading this to join us for some humor, encouragement, applause, and most of all, friendship during your journey to a healthier lifestyle. We know that what you weigh is not who you are. The door is open - won't you join us?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 08:00 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Good morning Ladies,

Susan - don't worry about Gaby... she'll be okay. And if her daddy is willing to go to counseling, he must really want to be a part of her life. Btw, if you ever want to talk to me, just call and I will call you right back on my cell phone. That way it won't cost a thing... I've got a national plan, okay? That goes for any of the JLs. Have fun with Rachel and Rebecca!

Angie - omg, your vacation sounds so cool! Can I go????? You sitting on the curb while someone looked at your house sure brought back memories. I used to pile all 3 dogs in my Jimmy and go sit down the block while my house was being shown. The dogs could see that strangers were going into our house and the fur would fly, lol! Good luck with it!

Hi also to Cristi, Marti, Shanna, RosieKate, Katiecat, Jen, Kathy and LibraryKate... Hope I didn't forget anyone....

Well, you can see my news in my signature... I'm down 2 1/2 pounds more this week. I got off and back on the scales 3 times to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me, lol.

Gotta get some things ready for the party tomorrow. I know everyone in the nation is having cookouts.. but I bought rotisserie chickens and we are having baked beans, fresh green beans with new potatoes, macaroni and cheese, slaw, deviled eggs, brownies and WW raspberry fluff pie. Gina and Mary are helping with the food, like they always do. Bless them!
Old 07-03-2004, 11:12 AM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies~

CONGRAT'S Jana-wtg! You are doing an awesome job and will make goal before you know it. Have fun tomorrow.

Susan~that was just my opinion on the movie, wasn't ment to offend anyone because we are all different and like different things. And I hardly ever rate a movie higher than a 5, it has to be really good, to me that is. But I think a 2.5 is not bad at all, my scale is 1-5 with 5 being excellent. It just seemed a little boring to me, but Tom Hanks did do a good job with his character. I am glad you liked it and rate it a 7.5.

Angie~Only reason I said Cuba??? Was it seems most people are trying to escape from there. LOL Anyway,I too had to check out Cuba, it looks very nice. I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL time there! Which I know you will.

Marti~can't remember if you guys had special plans for the weekend, but hope you guys have a fune 4th.

Hi to everyone else!

HAPPY 4th of JULY Ladies!!

Just wanted to wish it to you early since I probably won't be on the computer much this weekend. V is off tomorrow and Monday, which is a miracle in itself, so we are making the most of it. So have a good one ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:47 AM   #4  
kitty Momo

Congratulations on the weightloss Jana!!! YAY-

If I call you--- can you make your voice deep and sexy?? Kind of like a man so I can pretend??? lol

Just teasing!! You wouldn't have to do any "sweet nothings" or anything....lol...

Ok, I am a sick puppy!! I already knew that........

Gabrielle's dad loves her very much. I guess in our sessions I learned that any fear based feelings were rather unfounded. He is very protective of her and wants to be a part of her life. I guess I really never wanted him to be.....but of course that isn't my choice.So.

I called then this morning and they were just waking up.

I went to Starbucks and got some coffee and a low carb bagel. BARF......hate the taste. I did weigh in at 140, so up a little , down a little.....it was a rough week, soooooo glad it is behind me.

Going to catch up with the older girls and go for a road trip.

Hope you all have a safe holiday weekend!!!!

Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 12:47 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning all,,,I feel like I wrote a novel in the fav authors thread...
Cristi, I had to laugh at what you wrote...lol Only reason I said Cuba??? Was it seems most people are trying to escape from there. I never thought of it that way,,,lol I just wanted some place different and the beaches are cleaner then Mexico. This will be a learning experience for the boys,,,The only time they have seen poverty is on tv. And if we decide to do some site seeing in Havana there will be some beggars,,a real eye opener for them to see how forunate they are.
Because we are all having birthdays in Sept after we get back I warned them that their presents will be VERY small. (thing is I already have their presents bought and hidden away,,,so I will just hold back soem for Christmas)

As Ive said before I am so pathetic with loosing my address book,,,Could you all PM with your addresses so I can make a new book?

JANA! WAHOOO so tell me what are you doing with all your old clothes? altering to fit or just tossing them out?

Well best get my day going here,,,
later
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 02:12 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies--

Well I did my WI today and with TOM around the corner....I'm at 150 AGAIN!! But thats fully clothed too! (I usually weigh in my bare nakedness!!) So I may still be 148...not going to change the signiture until next week....see if it's still at 150. **sigh**

Jana--FANTASTIC WI today!! I can't believe how you're just cruisin along!! Actually I can believe it. You've got that determination and willpower. That is my problem. I think that it may be due to the fact that I'm not doing anything right now in my life...(job wise) so lack of activity. I can stay OP but not exercise much. I have an idea for you if you're into sewing or if you know anyone who sews......Choose one of your outfits that are now too big...choose one of your favorites (something that you look at and say....wish I could wear this if it wasn't too big) and make a teddybear out of the material. That would be like a trophy item for all the weight you have lost!!

Cristi--Our plans for tomorrow are to go to a parade that is in the town where we used to live. Then hang out at the park where they'll have fesitivities and them come home later and light our own fireworks. The raceway (which is just down the road from us) will be having a display and we can pretty much watch from home. That's unless we can talk James into going to the coast!! The fireworks display there is always fun!!

Susan-- You want a low and sexy voice over the phone??? Hmmm...I can just now picture Jana giving you a call and trying to talk without laughing!! Cracks me up!!

Angie--I was telling James about your vacation in Cuba.....he pretty much said the same thing as Cristi....never thought of it as a vacation spot. I think I would like to vacation in Ireland....visit some of the castles.....(is that where they have castles???) But if we ever vacation....it'll be here in the states. I'll PM you my address.

Well gals...I'm getting off of here. You all have a great 4th of July!!!

Marti

Last edited by M.N.J.; 07-03-2004 at 06:27 PM.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 05:54 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Talking

Hiya Ladies,

Susan - <heavy breathing> <deep voice> Hey, baby, what're you wearing?????

Cristi - hope you and V have lots of fun w/ the fam!

Angie - Neal says one thing you won't have to worry about is terrorist. They don't go to Cuba because since it is a Communist state, the terrorists would be shot on sight. I saw beggars in San Diego and it just about broke my heart. We don't have any of that where I live. Well, there's this one guy who begs as a sideline, but really isn't broke. The police are always after him, lol.

Marti - good idea about the teddy bear! Sounds like you've got lots of fun planned for this weekend.

We've been having rain off and on... hope it doesn't spoil the holiday for the parade-goers tomorrow. I've got the WW pie made, and the twins helped me snap beans. You never saw such uneven beans, but they look wonderful to me.

BBL,
Old 07-03-2004, 06:28 PM   #8  

Oh Jana you crack me up.......

So Susan.....keep us posted on what your wearing today!!
Old 07-03-2004, 11:09 PM   #9  
Give me strength

Marti, I would like to go to Ireland one day too, my grandfather was born there and imigrated to Canada, married another Irish lass who was living in the US at the time but moved here also. I think when we are older and have no kids taggin along with us.

Monte hurt his back today,,,so he is hopped up on Advil,,,may have to and get him that back pain killer stuff...

We have had a really rainy couple of days,,,so we rented a few movies.
The Secret Window is interesting,,,twisted ending...which is something I like.
Foolproof we haven't seen yet.

Went to the library and picked up Janet Evanovichs 10th series book,,,gotta go read that...
ttfn
Angie
Old 07-04-2004, 09:16 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Happy Independence Day!

Party Hardy!
Old 07-04-2004, 11:41 AM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

You ladies are too funny!

Hope everyone has a SPECTACULAR 4th of July!

We had a horrible thunderstorm this morning at 3 am, geez, hail and all! Thought it was going to break my bedroom window, it was so bad. Looks like it is going to start again, pretty ugly outside. Hope everyone isn't having the same weather we are and you guys can have your fun!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 11:51 AM   #12  

Happy Fourth Everyone!!!!
Old 07-04-2004, 10:22 PM   #13  
Give me strength

HAPPY 4th Everyone
Old 07-05-2004, 08:28 AM   #14  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Happy 5th, too!

We had so much fun yesterday! The kids loved the parade. Neal and I stayed home and watched the little one. Then when everyone got here, we ate, and visisted, and before you knew it, it was time for fireworks. Neal had them all set up, ready to light, out in the side yard. We sat on the patio where no skeeters could get to us, and enjoyed the show. We ooohed and ahhhed and clapped, and since I was stretched out on a chaise lounger, I was able to hold numerous grandbabies. YAY!

Plus, it is so good to weigh in this morning and not show a gain like I would have in the past after a holiday.

How was YOUR 4th?

bbl,
Old 07-05-2004, 09:20 AM   #15  
Give me strength

Woke late, had breakfast, red the sundays, helped Monte with his pastries at Walmart. Went out for dinner to Red Lobster, ate 1/3 of my dinner and brought the rest home.
Watched Independence Day on tv,,,and read the whole Ten Big Ones (Janet Evanovich) hilarious...I laughed so much read parts to Monte.
Was going to make salsa but the realitor said someone was coming at 3,,,they didn't grrrr
I had to get up early to drive Brandon to work,,,so now Im up early and I don't maybe clean up a bit,,,got all of Mount Washmore done. Nice way to start the week.
well better shower and get going...
have a great day all
Angie