Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 12:16 PM   #46  
loves kleenex box art

Well, I opened up my chicken bones and Red Rose Tea in my office. My officemate is very polite and didn't watch but she turned later and remarked, "That has Christmas paper on it." But we understood. Canadians just do things a little differently!

I'm reading Secret Life of Bees which I know Wabbo read and recommended so I'm take her advice Bagzo.

The world certainly does not revolve around me. I have a fantasy of leaving my job and writing one final comment thanking the three people who have actually said Thank You when I put their kid or husband or project in the paper. Then I'd say "Blow it out yer shorts" to the ones who pointed out mistakes like they were simply awestruck that mistakes happen in this world.

I have a headache. Lush's house is beautiful. I'm not invited there much since her embarasing incident but I do remember the lovely oatmeal lawn furniture. I'm not sure I was invited indoors, even then.

One of my kitties swatted at another unknown kitty (we heard it) at the same time that kitty swatted and my kitty got the black pad on his paw ripped open. He limps around like Lassie now. I'm enjoying it because I get to baby him.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:07 PM   #47  
Member w/ messiest house

I have a septic system and I use whatever I want for TP. Since I've been doing that for 18 years, I guess there's not a problem in mine.

Hey, I didn't get an email notice about my adfree sub! Maybe they don't like me as much as they like Lush.

I recommended the Secret Life of Bees, especially since it was written about my old stomping grounds more or less (mostly less, but who's counting?)

There is actually an ad for chocolate at the right side of the screen I am typing on right this very minute. Seriously. I may have to go buy some chocolate, simply because I'm such a good little sheep. Sure, the ad is for recipes, but there is a big candy bar pictured!

I wonder how much time I can waste before I really have to finish the laundry and start packing? Sugar, you know all about that, give me some advice. I have to leave Saturday morning early and I'm busy Friday night, watching DD win Katahdin Idol

Kiwi
Old 07-15-2004, 01:51 PM   #48  
Member w/ messiest house

Poor little kitty. Here's a kiss for kitty:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kitty.jpg (17.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 07-15-2004, 01:59 PM   #49  
loves kleenex box art

Funny picture, Kiwi. Love that.

It was not you, though, who recommended the Bees book. You recommended "Bony-Legs" a book that illustrates that skinny women are mean.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #50  

I recommended the secret life of bees, but now I'm worried that Peach won't like it. You know how it is - if you recommend something -book, restaurant, household cleaner, etc. you feel responsible if the person you recommended it to doesn't like it.

Can you tell I'm bored here at work today? I wish I was at the shore w/ Lush.

"Blow it out yer shorts" is a Canadian expression, Peaches. Are you sure you don't want to say "stick it where the sun don't shine"? I think that's a Florider expression. It is the sunshine state.

DD just stopped by - she was approved for the apartment!! woo-hoo!

My latest book to read is The Birth of Venus. It's a new book at the library so I have to have it read in 14 days. Anyone read it?

Last edited by Wabby; 07-15-2004 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:16 PM   #51  
Member w/ messiest house

I will bow to your superior memories. I have read Bees, but perhaps never recommended it. I never heard of "BonyLegs" -- what on earth is that? Believe me, I never recommended a book by that name, 'cuz I've never read it.

Don't worry, Wabbit, if she doesn't like it, just blame it on me.

We get 21 days to read our library books. Mainers are slower readers than Oregoners.

Kiwi

P.S. Am doing really well on wasting time when I should be packing. Have managed to do a load of laundry, made a packing list, dug out some linens. Don't know how I do it all...
Old 07-15-2004, 11:51 PM   #52  
loves kleenex box art

Bony-Legs is a kid's book. Apparently a good one. I missed it, too.
DS says we're using Opera now.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:05 PM   #53  
Member w/ messiest house

I hear that Mozilla and Opera are better than IExplorer. But Opera is covered with ads unless you pay for it. Mozilla Foxfire is free. I have Opera, but I don't use it.

I haven't done anything toward packing today, except another load of laundry. Oh, and I tossed and turned in bed a lot worrying about all that I had to do. That was productive...

My cat stares at me ALL the time. Do you think she's a spy?

Kiwi
Old 07-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #54  
fatter than U

Talking Several pecan chocolate chip cookies and a "stretch and strength" class later...

Now that I'm able to walk again, I'm posting. Mummy made me accompany her to above mentioned fitness class at the recreation centre on Tuesday and I haven't been the same since. I am not fit. There were older ladies there who didn't sweat. There was also a buff babe who must have been 50 but had the body and the tan of a seventeen year old. The perky instructor made us use a step and those stretchy elastic things and weights. All that for only $5.50. On Wednesday I could barely walk down the stairs. Owowowowow. Too many squats for feeble old me.

Have only bought two pairs of sandals and some flip flops and a ton of crap at the drug store. Must spend more money.

It stopped raining last Friday and the weather has been purrrrrfect ever since. Speaking of purrrfect, the two kitties who rule the roost here are adorable.

My brother, who has a good chance of becoming the fire chief in this town but cannot keep his room clean, throws paper towels down his toilet. That's why my dad had to go in there with his fancy plunger and undo the damage. Believe me, it was not pretty.

Bagzie - my older ds, turned 11 in Feb., is getting really chunky too. Just the belly, though, the arms and legs are OK. He has *exactly* his father's figure, unfortunately. Dh is 6'4" so we're hoping ds will grow out of it when he goes through puberty. Little ds8 is just the opposite, a tiny stick insect who eats next to nothing, so I usually make the mistake of giving both of them stuff I know ds8 will eat - lots of carbs, cheese etc and forget that ds11 actually loves fruit and vegetables and will eat anything. We don't tease him and kids at school don't either so we'll see. At least he's getting a lot of exercise on this vacation.

Kids and dh are at the beach right now. When they get home we'll have lunch and then...um...go back to the beach, I guess. This place is full of beaches. And Mummy's garden is BEAUTIFUL. I love it. It makes my garden look like a weed patch.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:13 PM   #55  

Yes. Your cat is a spy. She's reporting back to your DH that you haven't packed a thing.

Call me cwazy but I think I'm getting a little melancholy about the DD moving out. I need to keep reminding myself that she is 24. It's time. She moves tomorrow. I really don't know how my friend let her DD move from Oregon to Virginia all by herself. DD will only be 20 minutes away from our house.

Eeep. Had to come back here to say hi to Sugar! We must have posted at the same time. Sounds like you're having a lovely time.

Last edited by Wabby; 07-16-2004 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:26 PM   #56  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
Yes. Your cat is a spy. She's reporting back to your DH that you haven't packed a thing.
I knew it! Boy, am I busted!

I can identify with your DD-moving-out-angst, Wabbit. It is torture letting them be independent.

Sugar! Sounds like your mother very kindly didn't make fun of your infirmity--is she taking you back there? All those beaches sound loverly; I'm going to mine tomorrow. Well, I won't get there until Sunday, but it will be worth it. If I ever get packed.

Ta
Kiwi
Old 07-17-2004, 03:07 AM   #57  

When DS graduated college and we both agreed he was now officially "on his own" there were happy moments and sad ones. I wish he would VISIT or CALL more often, but I don't think I really want him living here any more. Besides, with his graduaton cash he bought a full Yamaha drum set!?! I'm certainly glad not to have to live with those, although they are very beautiful.... In order to protect him, I will not repeat where he is living!

Sug, thanks for letting me know that there ARE 50 somethings who are tan and trim. I'm not hairy enough to be the hairball on sticks (nor do I pull up my shirt in public), but even I can tell I'm huffing and puffing easier and easier on stairs and when there is any hill or distance involved.

More water, less calories.

DH and I are going to Chicago in September instead of me going on Alaska cruise... (friend who invited me on cruise decided not to go for myriad reasons). Gotta be in shape to "cover" the 9 acre museums and galleries.

I think it is reasonable to be direct with "annoying boys" who don't get the hint after the first time. They probably learn their obliviousness from their parents... so I'd not worry much about whether the mom was miffed.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:25 AM   #58  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
(nor do I pull up my shirt in public)
Well, exactly. And kudos for feeling more comfortable doing stairs et al.

I'm off to the sunny south

Kiwi
Old 07-19-2004, 08:10 AM   #59  
loves kleenex box art

I have 2 questions.
1. Where can I go for cheap but nice framing? We have several pictures, various sizes and the flea market people are rude jerks.
2. DS was eating a potato (cooked in microwave) the other night and started making LOUD crunchy teeth-breaking noises. The potatoes came in a bag and I threw out one because it was so black inside. One was perfect. One needed the edges removed. Then his. He pulled a "rock" out of his mouth about hte size of ... several grits ... I got the refrigerator magnet and it stuck. I am concerned that it's lead. What should I do?
Old 07-19-2004, 11:58 AM   #60  

Peaches, I don't know. Call the store you bought it from?

My very good friend and I went on that garden tour yesterday. We visited 8 private gardens. Some of them were so incredibly beautiful I was swooning. I would like to have garden touring as a full time job.

'bye Kiwi, didn't you just get back????

I got DD all moved into her place on Saturday. She's living in an artsy part of town with lots of cool little shops and antique stores and the most wonderful restaurants. I can't wait to be her friend-mom instead of her nagging landlord mom. We can shop and lunch and hang out together. Oh yeah, she probably won't have time for me. waaah.
Closed Thread