Old 07-21-2004, 12:17 PM   #121  

Good Morning Girls

Angie that house sounds nice and the puppy is so darn cute! My son is feeling alot better. I just am going to discuss the vomiting thing with his ped. at his check up coming up. Don't get to hot in that bakery today!! Drink lots of ice water.

Kempy I agree are we going to lose you when you get your new job? Since you rarely post from home and you probally won't have access to a computer at the salon. I agree with Angie, we don't to lose you we want to hear more from ya !! I think it would be good for you to post from home more. Maybe it would help? Hope boss man is not being to hard on ya.

Oh Noelle, I am proud of you. I would have cried alot. You are a strong woman.

Geesh, everytime I get on this computer someone is calling or someone needs something. I will check back later. Hi to everyone I did not mention. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:50 PM   #122  

Sorry I am here so late in the day. I have just been blah today and I didn't feel like doing much of anything. So, I have been dragging butt around here.

Don't worry guys, I wont leave. I will definatly be getting on the puter at home if I have to stay in the salon all day long. I don't really have much to say today. It is kind of boring here right now. I will check back in in a little while to see if anything new is going on.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:41 PM   #123  

Smile

Hey ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA for while...I did not get any e-mails stating people had responded so I came to check and Ohmigosh! There was alot to read.

Welcome back Cal! I hope you can get the pics up because I would love to check out Alaska. That would be an amazing place to visit! Was it prettier than you thought? Good luck wioth getting ready for school! Aug 5? New York does not start until after labor day.

Angie and Kempy my beautiful friends please please please remember YOU ARE MORE THAN NUMBERS ON A SCALE! Focus on health not weight.

Angie what a cute puppy! I think you need keep thinking outside the box for Lincoln Bakery - I like the idea of bakery and house. I am excited for the possibilities for you.

Noelle so how was Michael's first day of Kindergarten? How is work? I think I need firemen and a beach right now.

Julie how are you with the stress? the ds? the dh?

Hi to Holly!

I must go - craziness is in the air today.

Quote:
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

be well.

Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:54 PM   #124  

Hey girls

I am trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight? Whats everyone else making? I was thinking maybe a homemade pizza, I have an excellent recipe for a beer crust. I have to find it though, I hope I can among the thousands of cookbooks I have. Or the always hits the spot, chili!!!! I could live on it. It is muggy here and was suppose to storm today, nothing yet, I wish it would though the grass is really taking a beating from being so dry.

Summer I hope the craziness calms down a bit for ya. Lets see stress with ds none there, he seems to be better, but stress with dh ITS there! Hahahahaha....He drives me nuts but what a wife suppose to do. I think with men you have to come out and just tell them what you want out of them .

Kempy I hope your day perks up a little? How is Joe's aunt doing btw? How sad. I hope she is holding up.

Angie, don't work to hard.

Noelle how was Michael's day? I bet he enjoyed every minute of it. He sounds like a fun kid. That was so cute when he said bye mom, I love you . What a honey.

Hi Cal, I am happy for Ashley that she can be at the same school with you. How special.

Check in later. Julie
Old 07-21-2004, 04:59 PM   #125  

Angie you would probally have the answer for me on this one, do you really have to let yeast dough sit as long as it says? Thanks
Old 07-21-2004, 05:45 PM   #126  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Yep. It has to rise then usually knocked back down to rise again. At least for donuts. Otherwise they will soak the grease. YUCK.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:04 PM   #127  

Well girls ate way way too much for supper tonight. Had the chili, but at least I topped it with parmeasan cheese instead of loading it with cheddar and sour cream. Chili and pizza are my downfall, and lasanga, cheesecake, brownies, carrot cake, oh I God I must be dreaming !! Wake me up someone. I hope everyone has a great night. Check back later. Julie
Old 07-21-2004, 08:05 PM   #128  

Oh Angie thanks for answering my question, I get impaitent waiting for the yeast to rise .
Old 07-21-2004, 10:13 PM   #129  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, busy day today as usual but the office is getting more organized every day . Michael enjoyed his first day of school (of course it was only from 7:30 to 11:00 a.m.) but today he had a longer/short day. They let out at 1:00 pm so he got to eat in the cafeteria and even had PE. He said, 'we only learned about God today and had PE so we didn't learn much' . He said yesterday the teacher told him some things he already knew, so why was she telling him again?!? I had to tell him that some kids didn't go to preschool so they might not have learned everything he did so the teacher had to tell all of them no matter what. He did this --> Oh boy, he's getting obnoxious like his mother

Angie, that is one cute pup,I can see why you'd want to scoop him up and love him to death. Hey, that house w/bakery front sounds great. I can't imagine having 4 acres!!! There's nowhere on my island that you can buy that much space without paying through the nose. You can buy pasture land on the outerislands, but they'd probably expect you to raise cattle or something Hey girl, I totally understand about the head-trip and having every waking moment be about food. I guess that's why we found this website in the first place huh? To find people who undertand?

Summer, if everyday and every person were normal,what a boring life it would be

Cal, I think it's the realization that our kids are growing up so fast that makes me melancholy. I just want to wrap him up so tight and protect him from all of life's little bumps and bruises, I'm sure you feel the same with yours. You should've seen me this morning--I was the grumpy mama bear with the JPO on duty who did not give directions to my son as to where to go while waiting for class to open. I was ready to start growling! grrrrrrrr!!!

Julie, chili sounds good right now. Your boy won't eat it? Did you ever try calling it something else? Like for instance, my son wouldn't eat sausage patties until I started calling them crabby patty sausages (like on SpongeBob). I know, bad example of what I feed my kid.... but with those funny cartoon names, sometimes he just eats up.

Kempy, you are a beautiful lady. Like Summer said, that number on the scale does not define you. I understand about moods though, sometimes we just feel blah. Hope tomorrow is better. Hugs girlfriend.

Holly, how are you holding up today? Anything exciting happening? Hope to hear from ya soon.

Happy happy joy joy everyone. Have a great night.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 07:15 AM   #130  

Good morning! I have been OP longer than ever before, today will make 11 days! We did have KFC last night, but, I only had 1 chicken breast and 1/2 of a biscuit. My biggest staying OP challenge is the sweets. You know the reese's pieces, m&m's, brownies, ice cream .

We went fishing last night, and hubby caught a snapping turtle that had to weigh 20-30 pounds! We first saw the turtle, then hubby lured him in with a fish he'd caught. The turtle came out of the water enough so his head and 2 front feet/legs were submerged. Our 7 yr old was so funny! As soon as the turtle's head was out of the water, he said, I'm leaving, and about peed his pants . He calmed down after my husband let the turtle go.

I have a dilema. I am not sure that my daycare will bring in enough income. The days the kids all come are hit and miss. I didn't have any other than my 3 yesterday, today I have 1 all day, and 2 for 4 hours this afternoon. One child has been gone all week bc he's at his grandparent's. It's hard when it comes down to money or staying home with my kids, but, unfortunately, we have a lot of creditors that expect their money. I am considering finding a full time job. I am just not sure if I can physically handle it with 3 kids and a husband who has school 2 nights a week after work until 9:00 pm. Plus, I would have to make enough to warrant paying for daycare. I just don't know .

Angie,

Cute pup! I have the problem with excess/loose skin. I have gained and lost a total of 85 pounds throughout 3 pregnancies. I have it on my upper arms, side of hips, upper thighs, waist; it bothers me sooo much. I weigh 142 pounds at 5'5 1/2", but, feel awful.

Cal,

My husband's grandmother is from Alaska. He has been there and said it's gorgeous! He said the only places he would live other than here are Costa Rica, Hawaii and Alaska. Alaska is out for me, waaayy too arctic!!

Noelle,

Glad to hear Michael's first day of kindergarten went well. He sounds like a smart kid! Yea, once they go to school they get mouthy. I guess the worst, or best is yet to come .

Hi to Kempy and Summer! Hope you have a great day!

Holly
chikitababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:19 AM   #131  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Mornin Ladies!!!! I got up at 2:30 and went delivering with Jay this morning. We were driving down the road and there was a deer just standing in the center of the road and I am like"deer!!!!" and Jay doesnt slow down or anything. So I am like "DEER!!!!!!" The stupid deer didnt move the whole time. We had to swerve on the other side of the road. I swear I could have patted him on my way by. The kids are all at Grammies by the way. No I didnt leave them home alone.

I guess the Rescue group is going to do a home visit before they decide if we get McDuff. The waiting is terrible. I am so pathetic.haha
Old 07-22-2004, 11:49 AM   #132  

Hi Girls

Oh my gosh Angie what a scare, I know we have had plenty of those here too. Its like you are driving down the highway and they just look up and don't move. I am glad you are safe though, deer accidents as you know are nothing to be taken lightly. I hope you get a nap in today.
Not to much going on with me today. It is hot in the house all ready, but I am not complaining though, I do not want winter to come!! I want to get the house picked up and call around about switching churches, I just don't know if I am happy with the one I belong to. Even though I do not hardly go . I feel like I need something in my life right now, ya know? Like a stronger power to get me through the rough times. Well enough rambling from me.

Angie good luck with the house visit , let us know how it goes, okay? Hi everone....
Old 07-22-2004, 11:58 AM   #133  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, I dont want winter either but holy cow this heat is HOT!!! My pool water was 77 degrees yesterday(which felt perfect to me. ) I gots a feeling I will be in it after work today too.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:54 AM   #134  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default I am LONELY

Where the heck is everyone? I had to jump in the pool after work yesterday. The pool water was 80 degrees!!! I loved it!!

I think we are getting McDuff!!! I just looked on the websight and it says adoption pending. The rescue group asked me to take pics of my house this morning to email to them because they cant find anyone up here far enough to do a home check. Now I will have to ride to Massachusettes soon to pick him up. Rebbie and Candi are gonna love it. Especially Candi since Rebel just follows Daddy around all day and she likes to play.

Well, I gotta go to work. But I hope some one posts today.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:55 AM   #135  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Holly, I almost forgot!!! YEAH!!!!! You are doing great girl. Send some of those good vibes my way PLEASE!!!!