Old 07-26-2004, 05:08 PM   #151  

Hello everyone....

Can't stay long but wanted to pop in!

Angie are you home yet with that cute pup?

Summer sounds like you also have a fun social life like the rest of the girls here! I wish I even had one !! Rest up, but your goals sound great for the week. It is a great thing for one to set goals for themselves. No, hus is not as big as Don, he is about 200-210lbs and I think about 5foot7inches, too.

Noelle did you have a relaxing weekend? Are you picking out paint for the office? Don't work to hard. Its sounds like your always going girl!!

Hi, Kempy I am glad you had fun Saturday night.

Hi Holly and Cal and anyone I missed. Check in later. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:25 PM   #152  

Hi Girls where is everyone?

I miss you all. Tonight for suppER I had two cheeseburgers with all the fixings. And I feel really guilty but I had a bottle of beer with it. I was just so stressed kids would not sit and eat AND hus would not help me with them. Oh well I am entitled to one every once and AWHILE, sorry something is wrong with my computer.
It keeps going to caps and the keys won't work.... I will try and check in later.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:27 AM   #153  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Good Morning

Hi. I went to the Cape yesterday and gpt the puppy who we changed his name to Mickey. It is short for McDuff and he has huge ears like Mickey Mouse. He is a tiny little guy. He snuggles in when he gets held but I think he is just afraid he is gonna get dropped. He loves to chase the cats and Meanie has already tagged him. He loves to play in the field with Rebel and Candi too. I think he has bonded with the kids alot because if they move he is right there. He sleeps in Britt's room so we dont have problems with Rebel getting jealous. (plus Brit gets to take him out to pee in the middle of the night,. ) She loves it!!!! I have to take him to the vets when I hear from the rescue group because I think he has tapeworm. YUCK!!! I only saw it in one pile of poop and everything since has been empty but....

I wished I had more time yesterday because we drove right by where Plymouth Rock was. That would have been a neat town to visit.

We actually got to Hyannis at 10:30 in the morning and left by 11:30 then on the way home we missed out turn to go around the city of Boston and ended up going smack through the center. Luckily with the Democratic Convention everyone was scared to go through so it was dead. I think everyone took the way around because that was way busier than in the city. It was basically just lots of cops on the sides of the roads with their lights on. We saw a car on its roof on I-95 on the way home. I hope the people were okay.

Thats about it for me. I will check back in a while to see how everyone is doing. I have lots of work to do today since I bailed out yesterday.

Last edited by angieME; 07-27-2004 at 10:32 AM.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 12:19 PM   #154  

Angie glad to hear that Mickey is getting along with the family. Do you ever hear about Cappi? I guess you will be busy today but I hope you can stop in and chat.

Sorry I wasn't on last night Julie. When I got home Joe was leaning out the fridge so I helped him and then we watched a movie. Thanks Angie for telling me about the dog in Butterfly effect. We watched that and I made Joe skip over that so I didn't have to see it. Before I knew it is was time to go to bed.

We have to go to a convention this weekend so Joe and I are going to Baton Rouge to the Mall of Louisiana to see if we can find something to wear. I think we are going to go eat at Outback and I am really looking foward to that.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 06:01 PM   #155  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, just popping in for a quick one. (Sent the office girl out to pick up lunch ). We were breaking a sweat yesterday cleaning out the 2nd office which Rick was using as a fabrication workshop, talk about filthy! Today we begin the first round of wiping down the walls and mopping the floor. I think it'll need a few sessions to get really clean enough to paint.

Angie, congratulations on the new addition to the family. He sounds adorable with those big ears.

Kempy, enjoy your dinner @ Outback, having dessert too? That's what I remember about eating at Outback , can't much remember the actual meal though...

Julie, yes you're entitled to "suck 'em up" as we say here (about drinking beer that is). Hang in there girl.

Hello to Summer,Holly, Cal and anyone else I may have missed. GOtta run for now. Miss ya!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:26 AM   #156  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. My neck is so sore this morning because we took the dogs for a short walk yesterday and I must have pulled the same neck muscle that gave me trouble all winter. FUN FUN FUN

Not much happening for me except I need to do some serious baking today so I dont have much to do on Friday becuase it will be 90 and huimid and I dont want to be turning the oven on too long in that.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:42 AM   #157  

Hey Angie glad the see you here this morning. I bet you need to get a massage to help your neck. i don't blanme you on not wanting to turn the oven on in that heat. It is just so weird to me that you guys have such high temps up there.

Noelle are you sure you guys don't want to come over here and clean up my office? I have a fileing problem too.

I need to do a few things so I will check back in a min.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:50 AM   #158  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, It can get really hot up here sometimes. I remember in 2000 the day my sister had Haleys Birthday party it was 101 that day. Let me tell you we dropped her gift and left. Wendy was up here within 2 minutes of pushing everybody out the door to go swimming herself. We had a big heatwave that year for a few weeks. So I hear this weekend is gonna be in the 90's all weekend with lots of humidity. YUCK!! It always happens on the busy days of work too. And of course we have to work on Saturday this week where we took Monday off at most places.

Mickey didnt have an accident in the house at all yesterday. Rebel loves to wrestle with him. Candi wants to but she is so much bigger than him that he stops and crouches up when she runs after him.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:52 AM   #159  

Good Morning Girls

How is everyone doing today?

Angie that is great, to hear about the no accident with the new pup. What a good doggy. I hope you get those worms to go away , is it contagious to the other dogs? Yucky!! I can't believe it is going to get up to the 90's this weekend by ya. Do you have fans or an air conditioner in you bakery? I hope at least a fan. I hope your neck feels better. I remember last winter my neck went out and actually my head was touching my shoulder and I could not lift it. I had to get some muscle relaxers.

Kempy can I come work with ya? I might actually start looking for some type of job like filing or something. I think it would be good to socialize.

Thanks Noelle for taking my guilt away, hus was surprised when I went to the fridge and popped open one .

Well I am starving I have not had breakfast yet. Its either going to be oatmeal or an apple. Even though I am dreaming of cream cheese cherry or raspberry french toast. Check in later Hi, Summer, Cal, and Holly. Julie
Old 07-28-2004, 02:16 PM   #160  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls I'm actually able to post this morning because my office girl is not in today. I love her work performance and her can-do attitude but she's got a heck-of-a-lot of drama going on in her life and I guess it's affecting her work. I mean, she is really great at what she does but the stuff with the boyfriend and the fights, etc...it's getting to be a bit much. I'm taking the wait and see approach. If she can't get a handle on her personal life and it interferes with coming to work, then Aloha no, baby. I'm still going window shopping for a new desk and some file cabinets.

Angie, that's hot for way up north. Just remember this day when you're freezing your butt off in December . Sorry to hear about your neck again, but good job on going for the walk--I still have not gotten out .

Kempy, you wouldn't want me to help you file, trust me. I am the worse filer. I just don't do it . That's why my stacks of paper were a foot high! I was almost on the verge of setting my desk on fire. I'm pretty handy with a mop and broom though, I should've been a janitor.

Julie, mmmm, raspberry french toast sounds yummy. Have you been searching the want ads for part time work or maybe you could just ask around if anyone's hiring. I just had this funny thought: if you and hubby moved to HI I could hire you to do p/t office work--but we'd be sitting in separate offices having conversations just like this on the computer

Cal, if Angie's sweating it out up north how are things in your area? How are you and Ashley enjoying the rest of your vacation? Did ya figure out how to post your get your vacation pics? Geez, sorry I'm so full of questions

Summer I just pictured you like this at the wedding, just kidding.
Glad you enjoyed!

Holly, how's your week going? Any decisions on the job front? Hope the little ones aren't driving you crazy.

Well have a great day everyone, I'll be back later.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:48 PM   #161  

Noelle - that was pretty accurate picture of me at the wedding.

Just thought I'd say hi today for a moment Craziness ensues once again but it makes the day go by fast!

I will try to check in later! Have a great day!

Quote:
Beware when the great God lets loose a thinker on this planet.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 10:12 AM   #162  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hello ladies.

I just got an email from the shelter in Tennesssee where Mickey came from and they said he was found wandering the streets with his brother and that when a family tried to pull over to get them out of the street he got hit by a car and sprained his ankle. That poor boy!!!! Makes me love him even more....if that is possible. lOL How could someone throw 2 baby puppies out into the street and leave them there to die? People make me sick sometimes.

Diet is still nonexistent. I am stumped why I am too lazy to start one.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:55 PM   #163  

Angie

It makes me glad that there are people like you who would take the doggy in!

Cheer up - Sometimes you do not give your self enough credit. Maybe that is leading you not to start the diet again...but I have faith in you.

to all! I gotta shower - I'm stinky I just got @ss whomped in tennis.

Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:25 AM   #164  

Sorry to have been AWOL for awhile, but I've been enjoying my last few days off. Actually, I'm looking forward to going back to school because I'm starting to get bored. I do have a lot of weeds in the backyard that I tried pulling, but the aroma from some of them has really affected my allergies. I was able to talk to someone from church and they're going to get some of the young people (read teenagers) to come over and pull them for me. My eyes are still swollen and watery after 2 days.

Noelle: It is hot here, but we don't have much humidity. Today is supposed to be 108; but it's a dry heat. I still haven't figured out how to post the pictures. Whenever I try, I get a message that says the file is too big. I have no idea how to shrink it. I am working on creating my own website, hopefully I can get that figured out soon and then I can post pictures.

Angie: I know what 90 degrees and humidity feels like. It's one of the reasons I prefer to go to Italy in March instead of the summer.

Yesterday, Ashley finished her first session of swimming lessons. She's doing pretty well, but she's still apprehensive about the water. She did jump off the diving board (with her instructor) and she went down the water slide, not willingly at first, but she loved it. Next week she starts her 2nd session and then we're done for this summer. She takes her lessons at the city aquatic center. It's a really nice one.

Hello to everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:49 AM   #165  
so close, yet so far...

Default Tgif

Good morning ladies, can't wait for the weekend!!!! I woke up early this morning so I have time to post and say hi. All day yesterday I was thinking it was Friday...that sucked. Well, here's to a good day Michael's loving school and has gotten used to having to tuck in his shirt. Small victories! We may be heading to the State Farm Fair this weekend but that's all we've got planned.

Cal, may your allergies and your weeds begone If your computer doesn't have photo editing software already on it, have you searched the web for free services? My niece uses something called photobucket, www.photobucket.com to share her pics. Congrats to Ashley's swimming accomplishments , she'll be like a fish in no time.

Angie, you are not lazy. Think positive Is it still blazing hot up there? We're waiting for the remnants of what was once Hurricane Darby to pass us by. Humid and yucky, but with scattered showers. Mickey is defintely lucky you found him, poor baby. So what's your menagerie count up to now? 4 cats, 3 dogs?

Summer, @ss-whomping = calorie burning so good job! Does Fenway like to play with the tennis balls? We had a mini-bull terrier named Pablo that was so ball-obsessed that when we went walking past the tennis courts, he'd lunge at the fence to try and get one--every single time. The guys on the court got to where whenever we'd pass by they'd automatically throw a ball over so he wouldn't bulldoze the fence down

Julie , I just re-read your last post and for some reason, I read your sentence as "...type of job or fling or something..." . Sorry, I know you said fililng. I made myself laugh though, of course I don't have my glasses on at the moment. So how was your day yesterday? Hope today goes well. Anything special going on this weekend?

Kempy and Holly, hope you can come out and chat. Have a good day everyone!