Old 06-23-2004, 03:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

so I am confused... is SB low carb or just good carbs?? Because most of the recipes there look so good and aren't really that low in carbs. Ok... I really am getting off here...lol
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:41 PM   #17  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Ok Spryng,

I hope this helps some..... Here are some websites you might want to check out.... If you haven't already

www.starfall.com
www.childfun.com
www.learningpage.com
http://www.mymoondrops.com/spelling.html#

I have also purchased the leapfrog frig magnets that sing??? Very neat! Has anyone else got there hands on these? I love them!

Let me know if you need anything. I work with the boys alot of learning adventures
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:45 PM   #18  
SAHM of 3

Spryng here are some more:
www.atozkidsstuff.com
www.dltk-teach.com
www.dltk-kids.com
www.first-school.ws
www.underfives.co.uk
www.preschooleducation.com
www.enchantedlearning.com

I know there are alot more, there's one that I don't remember the wesite, but maybe you could search...BillyBearKids or something. The last two on that list are really good. So is the dltk one. Hope you find some interesting stuff.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:35 PM   #19  
2BoysMom

Goodness ladies! You've been busy here today.

I never got down here this morning. For some reason, Will hasn't wanted to come downstairs so I can exercise. I've been working out in the livingroom while he watches tv in the family room. Now it's raining so here we are. I told him he could play the Barney game on pbs.com when I'm done here. He's really good with the mouse for being 3 yrs old.

Dh was tired last night . Usually it's me who says that. Poor guy has been working 12 hour days then comes home to me and the kids and once the boys finally are in bed, he's just about had it. We always say to each other that we have the rest of our lives for lovin' . So, yes, we had a nice time talking .

Spryng, now I feel guilty. I haven't made the bed for 2 days. It's one of the things I don't like to do. I have done 3 loads of laundry and made a list of the little things I need to take on our overnight trip to see Grandma tomorrow. Tonight I'll throw a little suitcase together for the 3 of us. Glad you got your workout in last night.

Penny, TOPS is $20 per year and $2 per month. You can save $1 by paying for 6 months at a time too. I'm the weight recorder so I'm supposed to have free dues but I had already paid a year in advance. They said they could give me my money back but I don't know if I'll push it or not. I hope this is a good chapter for you. We were on a roll for awhile, but no one's come up with many new contests lately. Ours usually involve money. The ones I read about in the monthly magazine sometimes seem a bit lame.

Lisa, congrats on the new bed. You're not going to want to get up in the morning . Sounds like you had a great workout with MIL yesterday. I'm not a horse fan myself. Haven't been around them too often.

Ricci..hugs to you . Here's a cup of coffee too . Hope your life gets back to normal quickly.

Cindi..I too wanted to know what VBS is??

Di...I used to get little love notes too...but then again I haven't been leaving any either . It is tough to remember to work on your own relationship when our lives are so busy with everything else. We're going to have a date night one of these days soon. I think we're going to go to a Brewer's baseball game. They are actually acting like they care about playing this year...it's been really bad for so many years. The last time I went to a game the players looked like all they wanted was their paychecks...needless to say, we have many new players now. Anyway, we do need a night out.

Michelle..you go girl with the exercising. I think this is a much better plan because you aren't always going to have 1 1/2 or more hours a day to devote to exercise you know? I need to get some weight training into my plan one of these days.

Crystal..hard to belive your trip is this weekend already. I know you're going to have a great time.

Melinda...how's work going? Any progress on the work from home option? I would have a hard time because I don't have the self-discipline for it.

Well, I had better get some work done or the boys won't let me stay on the puter! I have some TOPS stuff to get done. Have a wonderful eveing and I'll check back later.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:45 PM   #20  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hiya again,
I'm still waiting on my bed (dum de dum de dum). Dan, Dan the carpet man, came early but I asked him to come back cause I dont want the furniture guys trampling on my nice clean carpets lol. He is going to go do another house and then come back and by then hopefully my bed is here.
Spryng, yes Cal. King beds are huge but I love em'. We had a cal. king bed in WA. Keep in mind I have 2 kids who have to sleep with me in the little apartment lol so I need as big as bed as I can squeeze in my apt. (oh lordy, I will be glad when we buy our house and land).

yeahhhhh, I am getting excited. Only 5 more days and my hubby will be home. I think I will jump his bones at the airport then on the way home and again when we get to the house LMAO. (ok, can you tell I havent had it in a while lol) At least from the 28th June thru 7th July I wont have to worry about not getting enough "excersise" in hahahahaha. I wonder if there is such a thing as too much "excersise" (Nahhhhh)

will check back later....
nagsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:59 PM   #21  
Walking away the weight

Default Almost Evening

DH should be home soon and I am excited to see him. He was out of town yesterday/last night. The only ingredients I have in the house for dinner are for turkey burgers and baked fries, but we just had burgers and fries yesterday, so we're going out to eat instead. It's hard when guests are here - you have to cook for everyone's taste which can be difficult. Anyway, I already know what I'm getting - either another veggie burger with a side salad; or blackened chicken over salad. Either way it'll be 4-5 points.

Spryng- I'm glad you got a lot of housework done. I got a bit done. Laundry is all done and I cleaned our bathroom.

Geri- Oh, I'm with you - I hate making the bed. I hate it even more than laundry, and if you knew how much I hate laundry . . . Well, hope DH got rest.

Tomorrow night, DH and I are going to the movies (hooray). We're going to see Saved. Liam is getting fussy, so I'm outta here . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:20 PM   #22  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile

VBS is Vacation Bible School at our church...sorry!

Also Spryng, I was told the abs are the one muscle group that you can work daily. Don't ask me why, because I couldn't tell ya. But I was told by my trainer at the gym. I am such a wealth of info, aren't I? lol

I am having a rainy lazy day, but need to get ready to take the kids. I don't know what to do with myself for the 3 hours they are in class. It's too far to drive back home. I'll figure something out.

back tonight sometime.

Hugs to all!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:57 PM   #23  

yeahhh, I got my bed

Oh wow, it is sooo big and commmmmfffffyyyyy lol. My drawers are really big and nice too. I got to run to Big 5 Sporting Goods store and then over to my MIL's but when i come home I am going to sort through my kids clothing and put them in the new drawers.

I seen this "Laterla Thigh Trainer" advertised on T.V and really want one, but my hubby wants me to go to Big 5 and see if they have one similar. Has anyone seen it advertised on T.V. It's like a stepper but it swivels too and it has a place where you can attch resistance bands to it so you can do a complete boy workout. anyways, I am going to check and see if they have one similar at the store. I like the one on T.V cause it is really small in size and will fit in my tiny apt.

anyways, got to run again....all this running, geeez, the scale better be nice to me this week lol.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:38 PM   #24  
Walking away the weight

Hey, Lisa. Glad your bed arrived. I'm envious - I'd love a king-sized bed, but it would take up our entire bedroom I've never seen the thigh trainer, but it sounds interesting. Maybe I'll look at one online to see what it looks like.

Did well at dinner . . . I think I'll be under points today. I get soooo full now every time I eat a meal. Even when I eat one of my WW meals. I suppose that's a good thing Nothing else planned for the evening. I'll talk to ya'll in the morning.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:15 PM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........anyone miss me?????
I am in the process of getting my computer fixed, as a matter of fact, am on the phone with the computer repair man now. Just wanted to say hello, (being that at least now I am able to go online briefly). Sorry to me MIA for so long, but school is almost over (tomorrow is the last day- woo hoo!!!!!!)
Gotta go- see ya!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:04 PM   #26  

Oh cool guys, guess what?? I found the "Lateral Thigh Trainer" at the Big 5 sports store. It is the same price as advertised on t.v BUT they are all out of them lol. They told me to call on Friday cause they are getting more in. so that's what I am going to do. It looks like it would be an excellent workout and like I said, its very small in size so it dont take up much room. I will let you all know on Friday if I get one.

I am actually home at a decent time tonight but it was a hectic day. I went over to my storage unit and pulled out my King Size Mink blanket (it's not real mink lol) It is sooo cuddly and soft and I love sleeping on it at night. anyways, I put it on my bed.

oh and guess what else?? lol My cousin, Joan, well she is moving back east on the 7th July. She is selling all her stuff, mostly junk, and today was the first day of her sale. I went over and she had a brand new 21 inch color t.v/vcr combo sitting outside. She only wanted $20.00 for it, so I GRABBED it lol. We have been using a smaller one for the bedroom so I am going to take it back to the storage shed and use this one.
I bought a couple of other things from her too.

I havent done any actual excersise today, other than running around all day, and to be honest, I just want to put my feet up for right now, so it looks as if I am taking today off. I will make up for it on my usual day off, Sunday.

and...come to think of it, i havent had anything to eat today except breakfast so before it gets any later I am going to go munch on something. Mabey some tuna and some fruit.

well, I will check back later. If anyone is up for chatting, say around 8pm pst, let me know and I can meet you in the msn group chat room.....
Old 06-23-2004, 10:43 PM   #27  

Nags - I would love to have a Calif. King bed. We have a queen and it is tight in the room with the other furniture. If your kids are in the same room, where will they be when dh comes home? The lateral thigh trainer is a good idea. I have one of those balance balls and use it for leg work. It is amazing how much it works you.

Ginny - Good to have you back. Do you have year round school?

Crystal - Hope you have a great weekend with dh. We are going up to Maine for our 3 year anniversary, not til the beg of Aug. First time to leave John Wesley. I am excited, but I know I will miss him.

Has anyone flown with children? My sister lives in Philly and I wanted to see her for her birthday at the end of July. JW ticket would be free, but I would have to hold him the entire flight unless the flight is not booked, then he can sit in his car seat. I think I will just take my chance that there is an open seat. It is 1 hr 1/2 if it is direct flight. He is a pretty calm baby, so hopefully he will not scream.

Have a good evening.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:06 PM   #28  

anyone for chat?? i will wait in the msn group chat room for a few to see if anyone shows up
Old 06-23-2004, 11:11 PM   #29  

Hi Melinda,
I kept of of the airbeds, and the kids will be sleeping in the livingroom when my hubby comes home. we kinda make tents out of a bunch of blankets and make like a makeshift den lol. They will also be staying with their cousins for a couple of days so that we can have some time alone. I kept my SIL's boys for a few days last week, so she is going to return the favor when hubby comes home YEAHHHHH!!!
Old 06-23-2004, 11:17 PM   #30  

oops I forgot to mention, when my kids were very small, I think Nathen was like 4 and Sean was just 1 years old, we flew from CA to South Carolina. Nathen had his own ticket but I had to hold Sean. we were hoping for an open seat but both planes was packed. I had to hold him the whole way there and those seats are not exactly large lol. Coming back, we actually got BUMPED, can you believe that?? It actually turned out pretty good, cause we were able to catch a plane that left 30 mins later and we 2 free round trip tickets out of it lol. The return journey was easier cause there was harly anyone on the plane.