Old 06-17-2004, 12:01 AM   #31  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Spryng,
Glad everything is ok now.... whewww......

I ended up having (white) eggplant casserole. It was really good but I didn't eat much because I wasn't too hungry tonight. Anyhow, I am still working on all those extra cals I ate last week. GRRRR.....

Geri,
I don't get Teletubbies either, but Nicholas is really into it too. LALA - POE - TINKY WINKY - DIPSY... Sometimes I think that pinwheel is some kind of brainwashing... JUST JOKING I PROMISE!

Leigh,
SHHHH!!!! Don't tell Michelle but... I tried that new C2 Coke today at Wal Mart. It wasn't too bad.

Me and the kiddos ran to Goodwill today to look for hubby some work clothes. I actually ended up with 4 shirts for me that were really nice. Actually one of the shirts I just bought from the dept store but it was in another color.

OH!!! I gotta say this too I went to feed the kids turtles a few minutes ago and one of them is missing. They are in a turtle lagoon on top of my entertainment center and I can't find him. I took the flashlight everywhere but he is missing. I hate to tell the kids.

Ok last thing I promise..... LOL I applied for financial aid for college a few days ago. I haven't told anyone yet other than dh. I want to go back to college and I will soon find out if I can get my aid. I want to start off taking one or two internet classes this coming semester so I won't have to be away from the kids. But we will soon find out. I will be notified within 2 weeks.

Ok I am off to bed! Have a great one
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 01:33 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Penny - first let me start by saying: NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!!!! No C2 for you!! Second I am so happy that you want to go back to school, I know you and I have talked about it and I'm am just tickled taht you are going to make this happen for yourself!!

Spryng - OMG you had me sooo worried!! I was praying till I got to your follow up post Glad everything is ok but you sure got my heart racin I woulda been here but I stayed at work late it was really busy, but I had fun

Geri - Hey girl!! You know, even Super moms make mistake. Isn't there a saying that says to err is human? Well that about says it all! None of us is perfect and that is just how god made us

Leigh - Did I ever tell you how much I loved your scrabbooking space? I think it is great and I absolutely LOVE that cute little desk, so simple yet feminine and elegant

Lisa - Hang in there girl you are doing a good job. Don't let yourself believe otherwise, that will just set you up for failure I love all those Fathers day gifts! That is just too sweet~ I haven't picked one out yet, I have no idea what to get him

Crystal - Hope you are feeling ok

well I need to get my butt in bed its 11:30 yikes!! Have a great night everyone!
Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 07:56 AM   #33  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Good Morning Ladies!

Michelle,
I am glad everything is working out with your new job! How is Body for Life going?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! I will check in later!
Old 06-17-2004, 08:42 AM   #34  
Walking away the weight

Default Buenas Dias!

Good morning I had lots of fun last night. A friend and I went to one of our favorite scrapbooking stores - it's a 1/2 hour drive. We arrived at 7:30 and stayed until closing time at 9pm! I didn't get home until 10, which felt quite strange . . . don't do that a lot since Liam's arrival

Lisa - I grew up with 80s music too

Di - I love massages! That may be my treat at some point along the way. That fishing pole frame sounds beautiful. I can't wait to hear his reaction to all the gifts.

Crystal - hope you had a restful night.

Spryng - I'm glad all is well now. My DH would get worried, too, so I know what you mean Glad the pork chops were great.

Melinda- if you don't like unfinished projects, I'd definitely not suggest scrapbooking It's addictive and perpetual! Have fun at the park today - are you excited about WI Friday? My WI is tomorrow as well.

Penny - I can order it online or go into the store. But they might not have any left in my size in the store. It is S, M, or L . . . they run pretty small, so I may still need a Large. I'm not sure. Maybe I'll try it on at the store when my mother and sister are here. Hope your feet feel better- soaking them sounds nice.

Geri - DH's extyended family is from Wisconsin We'll be in the Milwaukee area and probably visit Madison because they have connections to Madison. How far are you from there?

oops - Liam's screaming - I'll finish up later.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:00 AM   #35  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hey Leigh,

Did you find anything at the scrap store last night???

BTW, I didn't change my weigh in from last week. I had gained three pounds so I am really at 162.5, until my weigh this week!!!
So we are neck and neck! It looks like you already met your goal for 6/18 WTG! You are doing so awesome!!!!

Oh, I was gonna tell everyone who has babies in diapers.... Have you seen that Pampers has a new diaper called FIRST STEPS....

I bought Andrew some yesterday. It feels just like the cruisers that Pampers makes but looks more like Pullups (without the disappearing stars and stuff). It is for standing diaper changes.
I have a hard time keeping Andrew down for diaper changes. So if he just has a wet one I can slip them off and on without laying him down.

Oh and I saw in my parents mag that they reviewed the best self tanners. So if anyone's interested I will give you the scoop. The boutique here has that new professional spray tanning which I thought was pretty neat too!

TTYL! PENNY

I hope we are all losers this week!
Old 06-17-2004, 10:23 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Penny, I defintely want the scoop on the best self tanners! Next year I will NOT be going to a tanning bed. Now I know spray tanning costs way too much so I won't be looking into that until the prices match the tanning bed sessions. I've never had eggplant, was the casserole good? Let us know when you find out about that college stuff! What kind of classes are you wanting to take??

Leigh, so glad you had alot of fun last night! Did you buy anything?

Michelle, I'm sorry I worried you so much! I was worried too. I didn't want the police knocking my door down because dh was frantic, lol. (he has a friend in our local police dept so he would have called him) But my phone is working fine now... don't know what got into it. And I want to know how body for life is going too!

Does anyone watch that Ultimate Love Test on ABC?? I've been watching it since it started and boy are those couples crazy. I would never submit myself to that.

Ok, what is everyone up to today? For me I'm getting some last minute cleaning done before DH comes home (there is a slight possibilty he may come home today but we don't know yet, but tomorrow for sure) I started a new afghan last night and had to stop after the second row because a stitch was really confusing me. I need someone to look at it and tell me what to do next because I'm not understanding the pattern. But I'm going to keep messing with it until I figure it out. It's really cute, lots of little hearts all over it. I'm doing it in a really pretty purple.
What is for dinner tonight? I think I'm making Creamy Ziti (does anyone know what turkey ham is and where it is at the grocery store??) I couldn't find any when I went shopping so I bought regular ham cubes to use instead of turkey ham tonight, but I'd like to know what it is for next time. DH thought it was a deli meat but I couldn't find it and it wasn't next to the reg hams either, so beats me, lol.
Well, I may get to see DH today anyway if he stays at the yard for awhile. So I'm waiting for him to call me to let me know if he's coming home, or if he wants me to come up there or what. I hate being in limbo, lol. But I do know I need to hop in the shower and get a load of laundry done. So TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:33 AM   #37  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Hello all!

Pray dh gets a job so that I can have something that resembles my normal life and schedule. I love him, but not here ALL THE TIME!!!

Seth is going to the doc to get his cast off today and if all looks good, maybe he won't need another one. The way he runs on that thing, I think he should be fine, LOL!! Still no word on that surgery for Christian, so he is going to the other doc Monday that I love and we will just use him.

Leigh...that dress is sharp! You will be beautiful in it.

Penny I like those first steps, too. But for my diaper removing baby they are just to easy right now! He has lost weight and really needs something more adjustable.

Lisa...At least you ARE exercising, I have no time for me with my "extra kid/dh" here. So whatever gets your heartrate up counts! Walk Away the Pounds doesn't require much room at all, and even if you watched them to get some ideas of how to incorporate more exercise type moves into your dancing to get more benefit, I think that would a good thing. You know things like the leg lifts and hamstring kicks for your legs, and some arm movements will tone you up quick. Also, bending at the knee increases the intensity and your heart rate. Maybe you could check one out at the library or just buy one of the single tapes...I got mine for 6.99 at Target. Just trying to give ideas to make your exercise the MOST!

Spryng...glad you are okay. Why doesn't everyone get AIM or something so we know who is online when we need to chat? It would also be another option for those who can't get into the MSN chat room, we could have an AIM chatroom! I think it's the easiest way to get several together and for those of us who can't make the evening chat often, when we see someone online we could just zap them in anytime we need support. Just an idea, as our group grows and grows closer, for everyone to be able to contact each other one on one or as a group when needed. You could have IM'd one of us in a second when you were in need.

Yesterday ALL I ate was fruit and veggies all day long. After Midnight I had soup, so I am counting that for today, RIGHT?? But it was very easy to eat that way yesterday, as I munched all day and was too busy to cook anything worth eating. I didn't get the water, so I am chugging today. I also WILL take a walk to escape the chaos at least once!! I have a mountain of laundry for not being able to stick with it this week, but everything else is okay at this point.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 11:01 AM   #38  

Good Morning Ladies!!

My girls are driving me absolutely nuts today! Taylor is just a big fat meanie!! GRRRRR

Penny - Thanks for that info about the diapers, I'm going to check them out! We currently use dri-bottoms because they seem to hold the most, for overnight etc. We've always had problems with leaky diapers at night until we tried the dribottoms which are great! I want to know about the tanners too!

Spryng - Phew!! I'm so glad that everything is ok with you Your new crocheting endeavor sounds soo cute you'll have to show us a picture when its done! Your dinner sounds great!! I dunno what I'm going to make yet, Maybe just some lemon pepper fish fillets quick and easy I'm starting body for life today so I'll let you all know how it goes!!

Leigh - So did you get any cute scrapbook stuff? I have hallmark scrapbook software on my computer but I have only used it once, maybe I'll try it out again, it was pretty neat, if I remember correctly.

Cindi - Praying that your DH gets a job and out of your hair soon!! I bet seth is excited to get his cast removed!! How is christian?

Well I better get off here my girls are driving me bonkers today, If I don't come back its because I was committed to an institution
TTYL
Michelle
Old 06-17-2004, 01:14 PM   #39  

Cindi - I love soup anytime of day. One time I was on a soup diet for 4 weeks and lost 10 pounds, but I think any changes to your diet will do that, not just the soup. On my plan they have these powdered soups which are actually pretty good. The IM thing is a good idea. I used to have one with aol, but I have not used it in awhile. Then we will always know who is online.

Michelle - Sorry the girls are driving you crazy. I better have the next one before I see the other side of JW.

Penny - Thanks for the diaper input. I really buy whatever is the best deal at the time. All of them work about the same, but I do feel like I have to strap him down to get his diaper on and off.

Spryng - I am glad things are all right. Is the time always my actual time or does it consider the different time zones. It was about 1030 last night when you were on-line.

Geri - We went to Applebees the other night and they gave us some seeds to plant carrots to promote their new salads. Haven't planted them yet, we just have flowers and they are still alive. Amazing what a little water will do.

Leigh - We decide against the Atlanta trip, too much going on. Good for me as that will be one less food temptation.

We were up early, at the gym by 800, weigh in at 900 .2 down (1.2 for the week), at the park at 930 and home at 1100. Jw is still napping. He loved the park. He ate the wood chips, scrapped his lip, but he had a great time or did I have more fun.

Happy Thursday!
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 01:24 PM   #40  

Melinda!!! Yayyyy congrats on being down 1.2 for this week!!! Keep up the great work!! You were up and running early today good for you on getting to the gym right away!!

michelle
Old 06-17-2004, 01:45 PM   #41  

Default Carb Smart

I bought the One A Day Carb Smart multivitamins bc I had a $3 couple. I have been taking them for two days, haven't felt much different. Has anyone else tried them? Really I just need someone to give me a placebo diet pill and tell me it is real and I would probably lose weight. It is all in your mindset. Maybe I will get into the sugar pill business.

Thanks Michelle on the encouragement.
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 04:30 PM   #42  
SAHM of 3

Hi girls, this is my first post today. I only scanned through the posts.
Spryng, turkey ham is so good. Tastes just like regular, but obviously is better for you. I always get it close to the lunch meat section. JennieO makes one of the best but more expensive, I think Rodeo makes one too. Tastes the same.
Glad everything was okay last night. You are really making me want to try crocheting again. My mom used to and I think she would help me, but I just don't know if I really am ready to dive back into that or anything right now. I've tried all kinds of things and with Avon and Watkins and my decorating stuff and maybe us building a house I think I may take on too much.
Congrats to all the losers.
Geri, thanks for asking about my garden. It looks beautiful. My zucchini is starting to bud and the cantaloupe has flowers on it. I noticed some green beans but they're still too small. I think I started my garden alittle too late. I wish I was already getting veggies from it, but it may be another month or so before I do. Everything is huge and beautiful though. Glad to hear yours is doing good.
Well, I had a dr. appt. today. They still couldn't see much. They found the sac or as the doc calls it, the babies home, but it's still to fuzzy, I'm only 5 weeks. He said my bladder should be full it makes it better to see, but they tell you to pee in a cup as soon as you get there, he said next time, tell them no. He wants me back in two weeks this time, I'll be 7 weeks, so he really should see something. My MIL almost fell through for me to babysit. She works, but with her mom and the office is in a home and alot of the times someone is there, I told them Monday and reminded them Tuesday, couldn't get in touch with them yesterday and this morning she said, Oh I forgot, she was headed to Dallas, but she hurried and hurried and made it back right in time and I felt bad because I know she's working, but at the same time I told her several days ago and most of the time someone can be there and they are all I've got during the day. Sister lives too far, the only friend I've got works, mom works so what do you do? Anyways, it worked out. I've gained 2 lbs. in 3 weeks. I told the doc that when I started to feel better I would start back counting cals and he told me 2000 give or take. So maybe soon, I think I've started SLOWLY feeling better, but every time I say that, I get a relapse.
Melinda, I think it's a boy. I don't think you can tell with signs of sickness and such. All of my others were much better than this I only got alittle nauseaus for not very long, both girls and Andrew. This time has been worse. I feel like only a boy can give me so much nausea, LOL!!! Or at least I hope so.
Well, I go back July 1st. The doc said it's not reccommended to be in a hot tub, so when we go on our trip I won't get to get in, but we have a jacuzzi for 2 in our cabin, so we can enjoy that.
Well, I'm having some cravings for candy, those sour cherry chewy things. I think when Andrew wakes up I'll get some.
Gotta go for now. Dinner is either leftover roast or smothered hamburger patties.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 06:07 PM   #43  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to stop by and see how everyone was doing. I am up to my neck in laundry lol. Diet is still going good and I did my 30 minute dance workout this morning. Thinking about taking a quick nap when this last two loads of laundry are done then going over to my MIL's to feed my CodyBear. Hope your all having a good day...will check back in when I have more time.
nagsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 09:12 PM   #44  

Starting a new thread see you there...