Old 06-03-2004, 08:43 PM   #1  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Default Any SunSlim Program Folks?

Hey! I am using the SunSlim program that I bought on the internet and would like to hear from others using this program. I want to lose 50 pounds--that would put me at the maximum "normal" weight for my height. I am 5'4" and had a start weight of 196. (Can't weigh again for 6 weeks.) Have been following the program for a week and a half.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:13 AM   #2  

What is Sunslim?
yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 09:10 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Default SunSlim by Joy Siegrist, MD

Her program is basically a diet plan that you follow to the letter in a weekly cycle. It's low-fat, adequate protein, moderate carbs. I decided to try it because I needed something that told me what to eat and when--no choice involved. If left to my own choices, I seem easily able to justify eating things I shouldn't.
The material costs $25 to download from the website. I can't post the address here because of the forum rules, but a simple Google search should find it. Don't buy it unless you want a strict, very basic program. It is pretty tough, especially Phase I. Lots of turkey, chicken, and egg whites, but you can substitute protein powder for the egg whites if you can't eat eggs (or hate egg whites, as I do ). At least it is simple--anyone can find the food needed. No fancy recipes, in fact, no recipes at all. Also you are not supposed to weigh yourself for the entire length of Phase I.
I've tried other programs such as Schwarzbein, which I think is excellent, but that's not really a weight-loss plan, and I need to lose more than 15 pounds. Maybe later.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:11 AM   #4  

Thanks for the info. Sounds a little to strict for me. I need a program that is flexible.
yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 03:12 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Default Flexible

I can understand that, yoyogirl. For me, though, flexible always turned into going off program.

I'm at the end of my second week now, and my indigestion, which I have had trouble with for years, has gone completely. Also, I'm pretty sure I must be losing even though I'm going by the rules and not weighing.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:56 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Default Report on SunSlim

Well, I completed the 5-week phase 1 of the SunSlim program, and here are my results:

Start Wt 5/24/04: 196
Current Wt 7/5/04: 182
Lost: 14 pounds

Now that's really good. And I stuck to the program without any cheating. That being said, however, I don't think this is a good program for the long term. Phase 2 has too many carbs and not enough protein. Also, although the foods are common ones, easy to find in any market, they are mostly refined foods. I think I got my $25 worth, but I also think there are better programs to follow. Still, 14 pounds is 14 pounds!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:59 AM   #7  

I dunno if i should waste $25 :/
bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote