Old 05-23-2004, 04:59 PM   #16  
2BoysMom

Penny...forgot...I kept up the exercise even during my binging...knew it was the only thing that might save me...did 4 miles again today.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:05 PM   #17  
Walking away the weight

Spryng - a question about Saving Dinner - thhose recipies look awesome! Anyway, what happens if you don't like one of the options for a certain week? How do you replace it with another option? I'm thinking of doing the email subscription.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:06 PM   #18  
Walking away the weight

Hey, Geri! That's so nice that you fit into the 18 jeans and that Dh noticed!!! Way to go
Old 05-23-2004, 06:16 PM   #19  
SAHM of 3

Geri, WTG for fitting in those jeans. That's a great feeling. And happy dh noticed, he sounds like my dh, if they didn't look good, he'd definitely tell me so.
I feel better knowing that you exercise to cover up your binging. I was going to tonight, haven't all weekend, but now I'm baby sitting my FIL's 7 week old newborn, so that cut that out, that's alright, I don't ever have a problem picking myself up Monday after a bad weekend.

Anyway, making enchiritos for dinner. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:45 PM   #20  
Walking away the weight

Default Good Night

Well, all, today was a good day. Stayed OP. Even went out for dessert to an ice cream place, but got the no-sugar-added ice cream! It was yummy. For some reason, I feel almost like I'm eating too much on WW Crazy, huh? I can't explain it, but maybe once I see that I'm continuing to lose next Friday, I'll get that out of my mind.

Oh, and my walking buddy clocked the route we've been walking and it''s almost three miles!! I couldn't believe it. We do it in an hour, which means we're doing a 20-minute mile! If that's true, should I be counting it as moderate exercise rather than light for WW? Because wouldn't heavy be a 15-minute mile?

Crystal - what are enchiritos?

Spryng - I suscribed to the email version of Saving Dinner.

Have a good night everyone - "see" you in the a.m.

Last edited by Loveliam; 05-23-2004 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:27 AM   #21  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Well good morning Ladies. There weren't many posts late yesterday, I think that happens every Sunday evening, everyone is just getting ready for their regular week to start again.
Leigh, enchiritos are nothing low fat, I suppose you could make them much lower in fat by using all low fat items, but it's just like a bean and beef burrito with red sauce and cheese melted on it. Just a Taco Bell boxed dinner.

Well, I went WAY off plan this weekend. I have to figure something out. Friday's I can handle going off plan but the other days, I really shouldn't. I just lose control over the weekend. Let me add, however, that the weekend before this I went way off plan on Friday and Saturday and still lost 4 lbs. So I'm sort of testing myself, after going off plan ALL weekend, I'll work just as hard the rest of this week and be anxious to see the loss or not. That could help me get out of this weekend slump. Anyway, I sure hope everyone had a great weekend. Spryng, hope you enjoyed your weekend with dh, can't wait to hear about it.
Well, girls, I've got some errands to run today and then I think I'll be home all day. If it's not as windy as yesterday, we'll get to swim in our little pool. It's not bad though, it's 8 ft. around and about 2 feet deep, enough to stay cool, huh?

I'll check in later.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:53 AM   #22  
Walking away the weight

Good morning gals! Crystal's right - it looks like it was a quiet night around here

Crystal, What might help you is to investigate what leads you to go off plan on weekends. I agree that one day, like Fridays, won't hurt you in terms of week-long loss, so I think one "free day" can fit well into your plan. But sometimes, if you look over what exactly happens on the weekends to get you off plan, and then address those challenges directly, it may help in showing you how to change that and stay more OP Saturday and Sunday. For example, when we were in Savannah, and plan ahead very well for the restaraunts we were eating at. So, beforehand I told myself that I would look for the healthiest options and if I wasn't sure of something or was tempted, I would eat only half, or take just 1-2 bites of things like dessert. For me, it really helps to have a mental plan and backup plan in place already, so I'm not making decisions in a semi-panic But that works for me, I know you may be different - but I hope that somehow helps!

Today is grocery shopping and household chores. Speaking of which, I've decided to put $500 of next motnh's budget toward home organization/improvement. Maybe I'll take before and after pics for ya'll!
Old 05-24-2004, 08:19 AM   #23  
SAHM of 3

Leigh, thanks for the advice. I've sort of thought of that. I know that going off plan on Friday's leads to my off plan the rest of the weekend. And, I don't do alot of cooking on the weekends, and even though I've got healthy things around here, I go fot the quickest UNhealthy things. Now if my weekend days were the same as my week days and I stay home all day and don't get out and such, I can do fine. It's when I get out and I can even plan healthy choices, but temptations always get the better of me. But I'm hoping that after I see results on Friday, it won't be as good as last friday, a 4# loss, maybe that will help actually SHOW me what happens when I go off plan too many days. I'll wait until Friday and let y'all know what happens. But thanks again for the advice and suggestions.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:38 AM   #24  
2BoysMom

Good morning...

Taking the boys for pictures this morning....I'll check back in later! Have a great morning.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:44 AM   #25  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies,

Off to buy groceries this morning.....grrr......

Be back later

Have a great day!

Geri,
Have fun with the boys! Scan us the pics if they give you proofs! Congrats for being on plan!

Leigh,
Congrats for doing so great yesterday! And 3 miles is awesome!

Crystal,
Would it help to change your weigh in day to Sunday or Monday? It sure helped me!!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:56 AM   #26  
soontobethin

Good morning. I am getting ready to go exercise. Geri, I took my boys to get their pictures taken yesterday. They had the photographer at wal mart, so we went. Congrats on the jeans.
Melinda, I hope your not in so much pain anymore. That must really be terrible to have a cyst rupture. Lisa, I agree with everyone else. Measure yourself, I am sure you have lost inches. Sometimes that happens first before the weight loss. And, you probraly have been gaining muscle too. Just keep up the good work. Michelle I hope your feeling better today.Penny congrats on the weight loss. Crystal, you have been busy. I hope things slow down for you.Hi to everyone else. I will check back in later.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 10:59 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

DH hasn't left yet but he's busy with our a/c (the new one) so I have time to post.

I'll try to address as many posts as possible...

Ricci, how did those pics turn out? I like walmart most of the time for pictures but the last time they did my kids they didn't come out very well. All depends on how patient the photographer is, the last one we had rushed us so we had to settle on a crappy package. Oh well... can't really complain though when it's only 4 bucks for a big package.
Penny, have fun grocery shopping!
Geri I hope you get a good photo session!
Leigh, you'll have to let me know how that menu mailer is. Do you get to choose your servings? (like if you want the recipe for a serving of 4 or 6 you can choose that amount?) that is the only thing I don't like about the book... every recipe is for 6 servings and that is WAY to many servings for me and three kids. One who only nibbles anyway. So I have to cut them in half. But I guess that isn't such a big deal. When do you get your first list? And if there is somethng on thee you dn't really want or like I'm sure you can just make something else that night. I'm trying every recipe though because I really want to try new things and I heard all of her recipes got great reviews (I reaad a few of them on amazon) so I want to try them all.
Crystal, I wish I had some words of advice about going off plan all weekend, but I think you already know what you need to do. Make a plan of action. If friday's "free" day makes you eat that way all weekend then change your "free" day to another day or something. I hope it gets easier for you. Have fun swimming!
Lisa, so sorry about your weight loss struggles. I do the exact same thing. My losses every month are not much of anything. I lose well one week, stay the same the next, TOM hits and I gain the next week and then lose alittle the week after that just to come to a grand total of 1.5-2 lbs lost for the entire month! Can be frustrating but I see it as a loss. A loss is a good thing even if it's slow. So hang in there and maybe your body will kick into gear.
Michelle, I hope you are feeling better today! And congrats on your loss for the week! That is great!
Melinda, hope you are feeling better. I had a cyst rupture about 3 weeks ago and it was heck to say the least. Were you sore a couple days after it happened because I felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach for a few days after. Did you go to the hospital or did you just know it was a cyst?
OK, that is all I have time for. I hope I got everyone.
My weekend has been great. Saturday we didn't go far and then stayed home all evening. Just ordered a pizza and watched a movie. It was really nice.Sunday we went to MIL house for the day. I got there just in time to help them put up their pool for summer. It's one of those big blue pools from walmart. What a pain in the butt. So we struggled with it for 2-3 hours in the heat trying to get it up and then had it almost full of water last night and their stupid dog decided she wanted in it and put 6 holes in it. Needless to say I was so mad. They never control that dog and she is wild. So it took another hour to patch the holes and no on e got to swim. Oh well... I didn't really care but the kids were all broken hearted. But we had green chile smothered burritos for dinner last night and they were awesome. Hit the spot. We had a good visit. I think me and my MIL are starting to really get along. They even invited me over tonight but I just want to stay home after a long weekend. Buit was nice of them to ask. I may go over there this weekend to take the kids swimming.
But anyway, this moring Dh decided to get all "handyman" on my new a/c and put a hole in the compressor so now he has to take it back and get a new one. I was sooo mad. But since he's going to stay a couple hours longer to put the new one in I guess I'll forgive him
Ok, I need to get off here and get a few things done while dh is out replacing that a/c. So I will catch you all later!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:24 AM   #28  
Walking away the weight

Default Mid-Morning

Okay, back from the grocery store. I'm excited to try some of the new Saving Dinner recipies for this week And no meltdowns from Liam in the grocery store

Geri - have fun with the pictures!

Penny - that's a clever idea about the weigh in day! That way, your motivated by having to weigh-in!!!

Ricci- Hi, Ricci! How did the picture session go? Did they get some good shots of the kids?

Spryng- Hi! I got to choose between 6 or 2 servings, so I took 2 since it's just me and DH - so, either way you'd have to add or subtract for your family The recipies do look delicious! I'm glad you had such an awesome weekend

Well, Liam's on the verge of a nap, so I need to cram 40 thingsto do into one hour before he wakes again
Old 05-24-2004, 11:28 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls!!

I am finally beginning to feel better!! Thank god!! Yesterday was absolutely horrid lol.
On the flipside I woke up and weighed (of course I did ) and I was at 227 which made me feel good since I did eat a lot of fruit while being sick fruit and fish to be exact lol wierd combo but I'm feeling not half bad today. I'm anxious to get a walk in today since I havent had any exercise the last 2 days.

Spryng - So glad you had a wonderful weekend!! Thats great about MIL! I love my mil she is just always so great and supportive of us and always has our best interests at heart, and when I was sick for so long and having repeated surgeries she always called to check on me and was heartbroken when she couldnt be here to help us. My mom not once called to check on me or ever offered to come help hubby with the kids. grrr

Penny - Have fun grocery shopping!! Let me know when you get your WATP tapes!

Ricci - I don't even try to go to walmart for pictures there is always a huge long line and atleast 3 hour wait!! Plus they only let us get one childs picture taken at the 4 dollar price so we just go to this studio here that has a 25 sitting fee and you get all the proofs then we just scan them and print them ourselves.

Geri - Have fun getting the kids pics taken!! I hope everyone is happy and smiling!!

Crystal - I agree with Penny maybe you should change your wi day. But its up to you. Do what you feel is right for you. Personally I can't see myself cheating cuz I absolutely cannot live with the guilt!! I am planning a spaghetti dinner however for this wednesday but I'm going to use whole wheat pasta and make my own sauce and use ground turkey instead of ground beef so it is a much healthier version. I hope you figure it out!

Leigh - I would love to see pics of your home improvements!! I wish I had some of the work we did on our house!! We'll be re-vamping our basement this summer so we'll have an all new storage room and laundry room and rec room master bedroom and master bath!! I can't wait!!

Ok my girls are fighting well Taylor is screaming at the baby so I gotta run, I'll talk to you guys later.

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:40 AM   #30  
SAHM of 3

Okay Penny, I was actually thinking about that. In fact I meant to ask you if it helped you and forgot to. So it has helped you to change it??? I actually thought about keeping Friday for WI day and Sunday or Monday!!! Only because I like weighing on Friday's I don't know why. But if I add wi's on Sunday or Monday too, I can see for myself the difference in eating and how it really effects the numbers. I may give that a whirl actually.
Spryng, I can't really change my Friday "free" day, because that is the day I'm always away from home and I usually let the kids eat wild that day too, it would be almost impossible to not use that day. It's just my own discipline. If I am good all week I need to use that same motivation or self discipline for the weekends too. I think I'm actually getting better over time anyway.

Well, I came to vent. I'm so frustruated. My MIL is wonderful. She is sweet and loving and kind. Always compliments me for being a good mother and good wife and such. But man o man, she has got her down falls. When we really need her she's there. When Andrew was only a couple of months old, me and dh both came down sick and couldn't care for any of the kids, she came and got ALL of them and kept them ALL night. But she is horrible at planning something on top of something else. The weekend that me and dh are having our getaway, which I asked her beforehand, is now a weekend that she's gonna be out of town too. She said she knew she had something in June but thought it was the weekend of the 12th. I'm thinking, if you knew you had something in June, you should've checked your calendar. I'm just frustruated, because she ALWAYS does this. Yes my mom can watch them all weekend and said she would, but that's not the point, I'm tired of my MIL doing this and I think she needs to watch them. See she was never that great of a mother, she wanted to be more of a friend than mother. Now she is on her 3rd marriage with someone that can barely even speak english. Her tv stays on other languages, even her music is usually on different languages. Her mind is always on other things. I'm not trying to be selfish, but she always tells Alisa she's gonna take her to see a new movie when it comes out but hardly ever does. I get tired of her doing that. Alisa is old enough to know these things now.
I'm sorry for going on and on like this, I'm just frustruated. I'm working on that weekend, I'm gonna figure something out today.

Anyway, dinner is a pot of red beans with oven-fried chicken breast with new potatoes. YUMMY!!!
I'll check back later.