Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 08:32 PM   #76  

Glad you're able to come back in, wsw. And glad you're feeling well enough for an outing or two. Hopefully your progress will continue on all fronts.

yardwork was my exercise today too, Eydie. Sounds like you have a lovely place. We took four pines and a spruce out last December because I was afraid one pine was going to land on the neighbor's house one of these days. Had some guys here today taking more shrubbery out. I think I got carried away when we moved in. Hard to take out things you've planted though it now be way overcrowded. Plus it's all part of my goal of simplification. Too much to maintain.

Empress, we share that "not one of the crowd" feeling. I seem to put a lot of my energy into trying to see that things work out in a civilized manner but not too many seem to think it's worth worrying about. I'd have been sorely vexed about that "fee" being sprung on me on top of the cost, etc. I've been trying to learn to tone it down a bit and had a great victory today. The yard kids were over two hours late arriving (and I had figured they'd brushed me off) but when they did show up, I figured no sense shooting myself in the foot and grousing at them. I wanted that work done. Glad I asked dh to go to grocery store so it turned out I was still here when they showed up. It also helped that the business owner is just a kid really and I think has a good start on a business at his age. I also knew he had a final today as he's taking some business courses at the local college . So I put out cookies and lemonade (ungodly hot here today) and got most of what I wanted done plus he put in two shrubs that dh had bought while he was out. (Yes, I KNOW I said I have too much in but these were to put where we have a small lack of privacy from removing the pines.)

Feel better, Kaylets. Glad to see you're beating that scale into submission, Ceara. Hope the aching tootsies are better, Cerise and zadie. And hi's to Wood Nymph and Wildfire.

Non Scale Victory - yesterday dh called me "baggy pants" again. I was so plesed when I was able to start wearing these last summer and I have been feeling they were getting more lose - but he confirmed it. Love that feeling.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:54 PM   #77  
Empress/Queen

Hi, Baggy Pants!!!! Good job on that NSV!!

Thanks for letting me know that thou also feeleth a bit not-of-the-crowdish at times also. I'm trying to tone things down also ... not too successfully! That was nice being so understanding about the lawn kids!!! I've had yard people not come at all or come and do a terrible job, etc., etc., and I usually don't say much as I'm desperate ... but I've never served them lemonade and cookies! I really regret the loss of one guy who worked for me for a few months ... the nephew of an elderly friend who'd been laid off from the mine ... now he's back at the mine and it's too bad I can't pay what they pay. He was a great worker, told me I paid him too much money, and even brought me a flower one day! Sigh. They don't make 'em like that much these days.

Oh well.

Off to report on the journal thread!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:06 PM   #78  
Empress/Queen

SENDING POSITIVE VIBES THROUGH UNIVERSAL VIBE CONDUIT FOR K!!!!! You ARE applying yourself, Kaylets, you just don't feel well and you're a little unsure, but you WILL get through it all and the triumph will be all yours!!!! Just take it easy on making decisions and keep thy eye on that idea thou hadst ... you ARE strong and don't really need these vibes, though!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 05:25 PM   #79  
deleted2

Sending you good strenthening energies, Kaylets, to add to what you already have. You know, it doesn't help that you're not feeling completely well.
Know that you're treasured and respected by all of us!

Old 05-13-2004, 06:37 PM   #80  

Sending you good vibes, Kaylets! Eydie's right - you're not feeling well yet so breaking down under a stressful situation is not unwarranted. But the "not applying yourself" is not a way I'd describe the Kaylets we know and love in the court. Your determination shines through in all of your posts and accounts of other aspects of your life. Doing your darnedest does not seem to have been noted in your workplace. Let's hope the resume, etc. to downsized place brings good results. In the meantime, Queen K, soldier on with our strenth and good vibes behind you.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:00 PM   #81  

Hello all!

Thanks for the energy-- think I actually picked up on some about 11 am est...

DH keeps telling me its polictics... and who knows...

Have to admit I did lose sleep over it... guess just all of the event sinking in...

So... b/4 I get knocked off the system again...

Thanks all
and I hope I can get on and post in the am....

and what do you think?? If you lose a couple quick pounds because you don't feel well.... you really can't count them as part of your weight loss can you??
Because they'll just jump back right on the minute my appetite comes back right??
Old 05-14-2004, 11:37 AM   #82  
Empress/Queen

Yes, they DO count, K~!!! And maybe some will come back on, but the calorie deficit you created for a short time still exists. So when you resume normal eating (but carefully, you don't want to binge anyway as it might trigger cravings and you might start feeling rocky again), you're likely to gain some of the deficit back but not necessarily all of it. Anyway, that's my opinion!
Old 05-14-2004, 12:25 PM   #83  
wsw

kaylets-as everyone has said so well, we are all sending you good vibes. sorry to hear things have been so rough at work. i hope things will get better for you a.s.a.p. hang in, there! we all appreciate you so much here. i hope you can feel the big hug i am sending you. i also hope that you are feeling much better physically soon too. that bug you had sounds pretty yucky. take good care of yourself.

hi anagram, cerise, arabella, ceara, amarantha, eydie, zakie k. and to all the rest of the royal court. just seeing your posts always brings a smile to my face. still not able to get out much yet on my own steam, but little by little i know it will get better. has taken a while to get settled in to my new place, since i had not been feeling well, but that too is coming together slowly, but surely, now. have stayed op and started back with more consistent exercise in the past few days, so hopefully will keep up with this. i hope everyone has a good weekend. take care, all.

wsw
Old 05-14-2004, 08:12 PM   #84  
Empress/Queen

Have a great weekend, Wsw!!!!
Old 05-15-2004, 03:02 PM   #85  

Hello all!

Am here to report that yet feeling bruised and bloodied, I am having more and more moments of 'moving past it'.....

Even shared w/ someone very close to the situation who was dumbstruck having worked side by side with me.... which might have been a real mistake by sharing with someone that close.... but also reaffirmed why I really didnt see this coming...

The very up side is that I am finding the few family members I have shared have been very very supportive and in some cases, even indignant... one even offered to review my resume for me. What I found out later was that she sat right down and revamped for 2 hrs... I cannot express what kind of a gift that was to receive back....

Thanks for all the good energy.... I am really relying on it...please continue...

And then it was the end of Friday work day and the thought actually fluttered across my brain as I could feel some of my optimism return....
"F....'em if they can't take a joke"..... not sure to whom that comment was directed exactly but it did let me know I wasnt out for the count.....

although I will admit when the alarm went off this am, my stomach tightened trying to remember what day it was....

But DH yet wanted to go yardsaling .... Took me a few hours but I did finally get into the swing of it... found 2 great cd's I'm playing now... Urban Knights and Rick Braun.... Am going to set the clock for 15 minutes at a time to get things in some kind of order as well as some final touches to some correspondence....

My sense of taste is not yet totally back... guess that's a small favor... and yes Empress, it happened, the very next day after I started eating regularly a pound jumped right back but I really hadnt had much to eat for 3 days...

So, we'll see what Monday weigh in brings....

I have missed all of you.
I was starting to think I was going to have to run to the library to check in!
So, let me hit the submit button before the fates have decided I have tempted them too long!

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 05-15-2004, 03:32 PM   #86  
Empress/Queen

Yo, sending more vibes thy way, K!!! Hey, I'm not exactly sure what's going on at thy work, but just keep saying, "F*** 'em!" and you'll be ok. Great how thy family and friends are supportive and one even worked on thy resume!

I had a chance yesterday to get out some things about the job to a colleague. Dunno if it helped or hurt my cause, but did it nevertheless.

Just finished working for the week and am braindead. Will be back later.
Old 05-16-2004, 06:20 AM   #87  

Good morning on this halfway point in May. The court seems to be hurting a bit - Kaylets bruised and bloodied but stalwartly supported by friends and family - Empress A. braindead and hit by depression. Working environments seem to be lethal and we hope for instant improvement in earth's magnetic field.

wsw, so glad your problems seem to be working in the right direction. And so many royals missing - hope it is not earth's reverse polarity causing the absences but rather that the queens are seeking many pleasures in the warm late spring weather.

Things just sort of trudging along here - I consider that good as so oft they are going to Hades. Some gardening progress, some health progress, some little progress in social life. Feeling massively lazy but then it's early. But suspect we'll just do church and then lollygag until it's time to go meet some friends for an early dinner.

Heading off tomorrow for a bit of time with the princesses. It's actually been a few weeks but I'm not sure I'm ready to go anywhere for a bit longer. Only reports that the Dowager and her Consort have been sorely missed will put the chariot back on the road. And of course that huggie medicine is always good for heart and soul.

So good vibes to all in need of them this a.m. and maybe an 'off' day would be good for all the queenly ones. Fresh Start Monday cards have recently been reprinted and are in goodly supply. Enjoy the ides of May!
Old 05-16-2004, 07:37 AM   #88  

Hello all!

Anagram! Just yesterday while yardsaling, thinking of you as I found a word game called "Anagrams".... havent opened the box yet but do plan to take it work to share during rainy lunches rather than be tempted by vending machines....
My garden also calls... hoping to do some after DH and I return from a yard job.... A good friend is on the verge of serious heart surgery at John Hopkins and has brush and saplings overgrowing a backyard... neighbors beginning to get upset... we're not expecting payment as this friend has done us many favors in the past but perhaps someone will see us and we will be noticed...

Which is why I am off but promise to look in again upon my return...
At that time I 'll have a thought for the day....

Isnt this a funny one?? I weighed myself w/ shorts/shirt and underwear... then w/o.... scale says the same... guess what I removed was light enough not to change the range...

oh well.....

Big excitement with the Philadelphia horse Smarty Jones.... Another "Cinderella" story if you will....
hmmm
Old 05-16-2004, 08:51 AM   #89  

A Me-Me Post - weighed in this a.m. and saw a brand new low - 202.00 - 3 out of 5 times. The other two were 201.8 so hope they're a foreshadowing. Anyway, put me in a "lighter" mood. I know one meal of reckless abandon and it'll be back up but still I'm "up" for the moment. This is a full 3 lbs down since Mayday - ok, some of that I ascribe to previous hard work. But it's down .8 for the week - it is also 5.8 lbs down from my weigh in following my return to Demon Scale in early March.

As our Empress would say - Yowza! (I'm not being immodest - just happy.)
Old 05-16-2004, 02:06 PM   #90  
Empress/Queen

Yowza, indeed, Anagramatic!!! Congrats on the THREE POUNDS DOWN SINCE MAYDAY AND 5.8 DOWN FROM EARLY MARCH!! You're doing great!!!! Also congrats on .8 for the week!

Details of my weigh-in and plan for the week are on the journal thread. Basically I'm the same and have figured out what I need to do to get back into the 140s.

Kaylets, I don't think it's unusual for scales (especially digitals) to fluctuate like that (re the clothes versus no clothes thing). I think they all do. I never get on with clothes and I have a longstanding rule that the lowest weight the reads in a given day is what I weigh! I try to only get on one time once a week, but have been known to lapse and get on more than once, so in that case, I apply my rule. Consistently, though, my present scale seems to be doing well. If the misbehaves, he KNOWS he'll be in the trash heap and I'll be in Wallyworld buying a new !!!!!
Closed Thread