Old 04-30-2004, 06:01 PM   #1  

Question I love to eat!

I don't really know how to lose weight. I've tried so many things but I think I'm overeating. Even so I was working out so hard, but didn't lose an ounce! I've tried different diets, but nothing that I can stay with for a long period of time! I work out, running for an hour a day, I've done so for two months and nothing changes. I've gotten I thyroid panel done by my doctor to see if there was a problem there but nothing. And when I do work out I want to eat even more!! I've tried a couple of different diet plans but even the ones that seem like they'd work, preparing the meals are time consuming. I've done Atkins but I can't stick with that forever! I was thinking about getting the slim in 6 exercise and diet plan but I've put so much time and money into weight loss I'm not sure if its worth it!! What can I do?
stephaniesaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:52 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi Stephanie and welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

I'm no expert, but I know it's really hard to lose weight by exercise alone. I have had a lot of success with Weight Watchers (although I seem to be at a plateau right now!) and would recommend it to you.

I have some friends who have lost with South Beach, and I know it is referred to as the "Healthy Atkins". Basically, though, you have to eat less than you need to survive, hence the loss. A pound is made up of 3500 calories, or 500 a day. If you normally eat 2000 calories, and you cut it back to 1500, you'd lose a pound a week. Forgive me if you already know this... anyway, I think you should keep track of your calories, keep exercising, and drink lots of water.

You don't mention your age or anything, but if you are a teen, make sure you get enough calcium. (Actually, that's good advice for any of us.) Try to pick foods that are good for you - fruits, veggies, lean meats.... you know the drill. Hop in at the Jaded Ladies chit chat if you'd like... we welcome you there!

Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:06 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Welcome!!!

Hi Stephanie--

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies.

You sound a lot like my sister. She would do everything, watch what she ate exercised, everything you could think of and she wouldn't see much of a difference. So she stopped weighing herself, thinking that she wasn't going to succeed. But then....she started noticing her clothes weren't so snug, so she decided to try weighing herself....she had lost weight. She is a SLOW loser. (it was MONTHS before she noticed anything) Also, the whole time she wasn't losing lbs.... I noticed a difference. Her body was getting toned and she looked great. Just remember, a pound of fat is a lot bigger than a pound of muscle.

I'm obviously no expert either, but here is what little advice I can give.

Keep up with the exercise (if you're still doing it) but make sure you do things that you actually enjoy doing so that you don't get bored and it feels like a chore to where you stop completely. As for the eating.....there are so many "diets" out there, but I think it has to be a lifetime commitment for anything to work. WW is great as you can see for Jana (I'm still going to look for you in a magazine someday!!) and the Southbeach, even Atkins. But it has to stick with you forever. So you must choose something that you enjoy doing and know will help and that you can stick too. I tried Atkins myself, but I'm too selfish to not want tasty breads and pasta in my life!! Stay positive and soon you'll see the pounds go away. And if you feel like you're having a downer day and feel you need to talk...don't hestitate to come here......it always feel better let it out. Believe me, I've had my "pity parties" plenty of times and these girls are just great!! Very supportive.

So join us in the chitchat thread and feel free to talk about anything! We'll support you in whatever you choose to do. We'll be here for ya! We'd love to all get to know you.

Once again Welcome!!

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 09:45 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

**bump**

Come back and chat with us!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote