Old 04-08-2004, 09:28 PM   #16  
GmaTo8

Maundy Thursday is almost over.....

Katie - so glad you are going to get to see your son. I bet he can't wait to be home, either. I am jealous that you got to see the Stones! I have a tape of one of their shows, and it is awesome.

Angie - that was a funny Ruckers story! However you get your exercise is up to you, lol. Woodstock was in the summer of 1969, and I was about to turn 16, so I didn't drive yet. But my friend and I thought about hitching.... can you imagine?!?!? I didn't do drugs or drink, and wasn't into sex yet so thank the stars I never made it there!

Cristi - about your not committing to lose - well, when you are ready, you will do it, and not a moment before. Don't feel bad about it - just accept that for some reason you just aren't ready yet. Dr. Phil would say you are getting a payoff that makes it worthwhile to stay at your present weight. What is the payoff? Or is it maybe a leftover habit? Only when you are truly ready will it work... imho.

Marti - smart girl, getting the homework done early. Are you taking any summer school classes?

Well, Neal helped me get to Walmart, and I took it verrrrrry slow. My back hurt pretty bad by the time we left, but it was worth it.... now I can rest easy that I have everything I need for our Easter dinner. Mary and Gina are going to help me cook, so that will be nice. Neal and Katie are going to dye the eggs tomorrow, and I will get a cake baked Saturday.

I love holidays!
Jana

PS - I missed my beagle avatar so I brought her back.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:45 PM   #17  
kitty Momo

Good Evening,

Hi Katie & Kathy!! Now where is Kayecee...lol It is nice to read how you are all doing- kind of bummed when someone is missing from the board.

Am I making sense?? Super tired tonight.

Jana- How is your back?? Got the PM, and you are welcome I did send your Easter card- didn't forget that.

I have some pictures. I will try and post sometime.This computer at work is so funky,messed up. I let Rachel once look at a music site and now I have a virus on it...keeps getting worse and worse.

I did go buy a new answering machine! YAY- Gaby loves to wake up in the mornings and crawl over me to get to the telephone and answering machine.....before I know it everything is falling to the ground.Anyway, I bought a new one- back in business.

Oh- I worked while my mom was watching Gaby- lol.Tonight Rachel wanted to watch her because there is no school tomorrow.

Would love to see resent photos of you Ang!! Doug (my ex) took some of me today and he always stresses me out, so they didn't turn out so well. There is one that my mom took of me that it *passable*. I am super critical.......uptight with my pic being taken.

Hi to Katie, Kathy,Rita,Shanna,Cristi,Kayecee,Jana,Kat,Angie,Sk ew,Marti.....is that it??lol

I better go-

ttfn
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:23 AM   #18  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jana, I can almost feel your pain,,,ouch! I had a rare back problem years ago...came close to being in a wheel chair. Like I said wayyy to young to go to woodstock!

I bought the boys their books for Easter,,,and Brandon's best friend a book too...hes spending Easter with us. I got a bit of candy and will be stopping at Wallys tomorrow to pick up the rest. Called my cousin Tanyia,,,told her aobut the audition,,,shes excited about it,,,and said she would do my hair so I wouldn't be all messed up..lol hmmm gee thanks..lol

I went and bought some crispy creme donuts today...their ok...

Im making dinner on Saturday,,,for the 5 of us,,,going to call a friend to join us..shes been seperated from her husband since Oct so I think she should come over.

We are talking of going to Banff on Sunday...its beautiful...mountains and hot springs...ahhhh plus my favorite soap place...called Lush (love the name...)

well off to bed i go,,,
night all
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:17 AM   #19  

Hey Gang! Just a quick pop-in! Sorry to say, but this is the time of the year that things kinda go nuts around here. Taxes, testing at school, going to da hills, yadda yadda yadda. I may be a little sporadic until school gets out in 6 weeks. Sorry. On the very bright side, we finally finished all our taxes. We started them back in February, but the week that we went to H&R Block- our friends own it- the husband had a polyp in his colon to rupture 2 days before. Yikes! He almost died and still hasn't come back to work- he has a colostemy bag until June- poor guy- Anyway, this other girl started them for us in February, but I didn't like her as much so procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate! But now...... drumroll please..... a two thousand dollar refund! Woo Hoo! Yes, I know I way overpay in my check at school, but I would rather get one big lump sum than piddle it away 50 bucks at a time each month. I'm like someone else said- it's my 0% piggybank. And dang! What a piggy! Woo Hoo!

Can y'all believe that we ain't going to the hills this weekend? With 3 days off? LOL We are still trying to wrangle a new camper and work schedules haven't cooperated with us and the bank. They close before I get off work and Tim has worked late every day this and last week. He usually fetches all the papers to me and I sign then he ferries them back. (Suits me just fine- I hate negotiations! ) But we just haven't been able to get everything settled yet. We know we have the loan, just gotta go do all the nasty paperwork! Yuck! Katie- I really hate to hear that you're tied up with a bunch of paperwork yourself. Sometimes bureaucracy sucks. I hope you don't have too much trouble getting the mess straightened out.

Gotta go fix breakfast for the princess! Hi to everyone and I hope your back gets better Jana! See y'all!
Kayecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 12:48 PM   #20  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Kayecee

You are the early bird ain't ya??? lol

I have a princess to that needs breakfast but she is going to have to wait for the Queen to get off the puter - haha.....

I need to head for a walk. I did post pic's of you can't open I will send email- geeze- I am not real computer smart- though it works for me!

Wearing my 6 Gap jeans! YAhoooooo-

Hope you all have a great TGIF
Old 04-09-2004, 02:01 PM   #21  
kitty Momo

Morning Again,

I just read through the post ,haven't really been able to do that-

Katie- So sorry about your mother. I worked with senior for a long time. My only thought is look for a senior service in her area to help you?? They should be able to help with her medical and housing- certainly they would know the in's and outs.......I know we had a really good office on the coast that I worked with for my residents.
Best of luck and Happy Easter

Jana-How is the back today?? Easter is my favorite holiday. I am taking Gaby for Easter Egg hunting tomorrow- trusting that the pager won't go off-lol.......it won't, just will pray real hard.

Kayecee-YAY on the tax return!! What are you going to spend the $$$$ on?? I had 2020 myself, gave half to the ex because he has helped me a lot with child care,besides he has the 2 older girls, thought that was fair.Now that my share is spent.........I don't think that anymore ...lol

Cristi---- Didja get new scales?? lol....don't weigh on ones that put you 4 pounds heavier--- Best of luck and this will be your first Easter in your new home??

UGH--need to go!!! too much wadder........

TTFN!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 02:16 PM   #22  
kitty Momo

Yada,Yada........

Feel so much better!!

Marti- I feel bad...I sent an Easter card to you without including Jhanai's name. I just have a mental block or something and forget how her name is spelled, so I just didn't write it on the card.
HAPPY EASTER Jhanai
Chickens??? Because they lay eggs.......easter eggs....lol

Shanna- Hey!! Hope you have a lovely Easter!! The weather is going to be great!! I think 80 up here in Portland.

Kathy- Hi! I need to send you those photos I promised, sorry. I hope you have a nice holiday with the family. Have you done a Bio?? I will go check out-

Rita- How are you?? Any plans for Easter??

Kat- Hi!!!! Miss you- hope to see you on the board soon- Happy Easter

Ang- Hi Rebecca won't let me sign her cast. I will try and sign it for you though Happy Easter to your lil family. You are a sweety- hope to see a photo soon!! I included one of Beck with her cast- hope you are able to pull it up.

Better go. I work this weekend.....

TTFN

Tomorrow is weigh in day!!!! YAY
Old 04-09-2004, 03:41 PM   #23  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Happy Good Friday All~

Don't really have much to say but thought I should post since the weekend will be a busy one and I don't know when I will be able to post next. I will check back later this evening and then probably tomorrow night.

Have to take my car in tomorrow morning to have the brakes checked and some weird light came on. They said it was the tire pressure light??? Didn't know there was one. I didn't think it was important enough to get it in as soon as it came on, even though it bugged me. It is down next to the water (windshield refill) light, not up by the brake, engine and other lights-the really important ones. I don't like how the brakes feel so thought I better get it in. Going to also go get some shrubs and trees for the front yard, not sure about the back yet but tired of looking at the dirt yard. The guys is going to do sod and seed we think next week. He is pretty busy this time of year so...

DD and I went and did a little shopping at the mall this morning-didn't make it to Wal-Mart to get the scales, will get those possibly tomorrow while DH and I are out and about. It was time to get my wedding ring checked and cleaned. I keep up on it twice a year because as long as I have the regular check-ups if something happens to one of the diamonds they will replace it for free. That and I just like how it shines after they clean it. Finished shopping for DH. Of course while there we had to pay a visit to Bath & Body. I love their lotions and had been out for a while, so DD and I both got 2 bottles-they have the buy 3 get one free. It's kind of costly, but well worth the money.

It is such an ugly day today. Got chilly and rainy.

Susan~can't wait to see your photos. Did you include any of the kiddos?? Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

Jana~take it easy with your back, try not to overdo it. Have fun this easter weekend.

Kayecee~wtg on getting your taxes done, and getting a refund to boot! Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he is doing better.

Hi to everyone else, Katie, Kathy, Marti, Angie, Rita, & Shanna.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend & Easter. TTFN

P.S. Oooops! I almost did it again. Forgot to thank Katie for the Easter card I received today.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 04:40 PM   #24  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

I'm kinda busy but want to do individuals anyway - they may be short, lol!!

Susan - YAY for the size 6 jeans!!! That has to be a good feeling! All the wadder and exercise is paying off. Thanks for the Easter card - got it today.

Angie - hope you have a nice dinner tomorrow and a real good time at Baniff!

Kayecee - glad your taxes are all done and you get a nice refund. Sounds like you'll be busy til about the end of May! Stop in when you can, though, okay?

Cristi - landscaping is such a big job! We still need to plant some wind-break trees in the back of our house.

Hi to all the others.

My back is a lot better and I even got the laundry and towels finished, and the eggs boiled, ready to be dyed. It feels good to be up and mobile, but I am taking it slow and easy. My son and his family won't be here for Easter dinner because Macy is real sick again. Poor little sweetie, she just can't get over it.

I've got a lot to do between now and Sunday but I'll try to be here sometime tomorrrow. Be good!

Jana
Old 04-09-2004, 08:38 PM   #25  
Give me strength

Susan, I got to see the pics! thanks! I will get Monte to get the printer scanner hooked up so we can take some pics...I have one pic that was taken 3 weeks ago for theatre.
Jana,,,glad to know your up and about,,,can't keep a good woman down...isn't that a song? or is it a good saying? All truth in this case...*smile

Cristi,,,I hates scales and don't own one...should thou since Im going to be serious with this weight loss thing...specially if people watch tv,,,and Im on the show...

Kaycee you lucky lucky bleep did you see how much I have to pay? ya exactly!

Anyways Im going to go and hang with the family...
ta ta for now
Ang
Old 04-09-2004, 11:24 PM   #26  
kitty Momo

Hi Ang.
What do you mean you don't own a scale?? I think if you are going to be on the show they should give you one or they just might make it part of the show to weigh you why they film??? YIKES......now why are you doing this again??lol- so brave-

That is sweet that you clean your diamond bi yearly Crisit I have never had a diamond but am sure I would do the same thing.

So, don't I look waxy Ang?? My face I mean in the pic?? Don't I look 40?? Don't I look old??? I have been using vegetable oil to take off my make up---it works pretty good.I can go outside now tilt my face towards the sun and crack on egg on my eyes and watch it cook....suppose to be 80* Sunday, I can make the kiddies omletes for Easter brunch.....lol

Jana- hey I am cheating on that size 6!! While I can wear them and breathe , they still kind of ride up the butt....very annoying. I am thinking another 5 pounds and I will be able to wear them comfy....and I didn't have to lay on the bed like I did last week so figured I could wear them,,,

THANK-YOU for the card Katie!! That was sweet of you

TTFN
Old 04-10-2004, 01:58 AM   #27  

Height: 5'1"

I'm late checking in I know......

Just got Jhanai to bed and I thought I would pop in before I go to bed. Today was a very nice day!! Beautiful. And I keep hearing rumors of it being up to 80' this weekend!! Any higher than that though and I'm whining that it's too hot! (yep...typical Oregonian here)

Jana--I'm glad that your back is feeling better. I'm absolutley miserable when my back is thrown out. Makes me feel worthless since I don't do much when it does happen.

Cristi--I love how my ring sparkles after it's cleaned. And it's just so pretty that I tend to hold my hand out a lot afterwards!!

Susan--I receieved your photo through e-mail. (I wasn't able to see it here either) very nice. Which ones are your girls in the group photo?

Angie--I'm looking forward to seeing your photo...I have this vision of you and I wonder how close I am. Once we see your picture...then I can tell you the comparison. (it's nothing horrible or anything btw....I picture you as this really cute outgoing lady)

Kayecee--James and I did our taxes the other day...(yep, I finally got my W2 just last weekend) and we both owe. Altogether it's almost $3,000!! Didn't like seeing that, but it's better than what we thought. Most people from Sony owe this year. Not a good thing. If they didn't owe, the came out even. (with State anyway...federal I'm actually getting back some.....crazy)

Shanna--Sorry I wasn't able to visit with you longer than I did after Michaels. I would have suggested going out for lunch or get a drink or something, but Jhanai was waiting for me. We'll meet up again soon.

Hi to Katie, Ruth, Kathy,.....hope I didn't miss someone!

Went to Michaels today and met up with Shanna. She already had her cart full!! My tool set I wanted was sold out, so I got a raincheck for it. I was going to get some paper, but I have so much and I have such a mess with all my stuff that I need to get organized. It's all crammed into a cabinet in my hutch. Don't like it all there, but it keeps it out of the open.
Jhanai and I picked up all the fallen limbs from the trees...that way we can borrow my grandparents lawnmower tomorrow and mow our "field". My dogs are disappearing!! Plus, I'm sure the neighbors are wondering if we ever do anything around the house.

Well, I'm going to check on Jhanai then head off to bed myself. You all have a great Easter Weekend and I will try to post...I have a lot going on, but I like to spend some time keeping in touch.

Nighty Night ladies
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:28 AM   #28  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

I've only got a few minutes before I have to call my sister, but wanted to pop in.

Susan - the fact that you got the jeans on and zipped says it all! I would feel just as elated if I could get into a regular size, not plus-size!

Marti - a couple of weeks ago, Mary and I said we'd get together every Wednesday night to scrapbook, and then Dale had to work the first Wed. Then this Wed. I was flat on my back, so maybe this coming Wed. I am getting so far behind that it is starting to feel like a job!

Hi to all the others, too....

I'm down 1 3/4 more!!! Since I spent about 3 1/2 days off my feet, I was almost afraid to weigh in, but it was all good. I passed up a lot of yummy food at the restaurants out of town last weekend, and boy, am I ever glad!

Gotta go call my sister,
Jana
Old 04-10-2004, 11:24 AM   #29  
Give me strength

Susan
your pics looked fine you haven't aged a bit since I saw you 4 yrs ago. Shows you how great it is being my friend,,,you never age. Gabby, OMG shes so tall...shes 2? Id say she was 3.
Marti, me cute and outgoing? yup thats what I look like...grin
Cristi, I should be cleaning my diamonds more often,,,did do it 3 months ago. And wow so sparkily

So our plans have been changed...grrrr
we have so many people coming to view our home today we can't have our dinner so tomorrow is when we are going to eat, but we can't go to Banff. Brandon and Adam don't show up till this afternoon...so this put a big wrench in our idea...I had forgotten about dessert for dinner so Ive got to run out and get something. Mississippi mud sounds good....or strawberry creame pie...
I got a recipe for yams,,,and apples,,,going to try that out. I like to try one new thing each holiday.

well off to Superstore I go...

Ang
Old 04-10-2004, 11:29 AM   #30  
Give me strength

You all have a wonderful

EASTER

hugs
Angie