Old 03-31-2004, 12:34 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Default Chit Chat #40

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies site!!

This is a very warm group of ladies who provide daily support in our walk towards a healthier lifestyle!!

Pull up a chair and a bag of chips..........umm, errr.....bag of carrots and join us!!!

Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:39 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Jana,

Is that ok to do, start a new Chit Chat thread?? Hope so, just have too much time on my hands.

Though why is #39 above #40?? Anyway, if I missed it up, maybe you can fix it?? *sigh*

I better get busy with job search stuff and get my walk in.

You all have a good day
Old 03-31-2004, 02:28 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hello Ladies,

Susan
- you did a great job starting the new thread! Very warm with a little humor! I have heard of a fish taco before, but I have to tell you, I don't think I could ever eat one. I love fish, but the idea of it on a taco shell makes me want to ralph. Okay, now that you know the exact day of the date, what are you going to wear? We will want pictures just like for Marti's wedding! Speaking of which....

Marti- you looked very pretty in your wedding pictures! Sometimes we are just too critical of ourselves! YAY for you getting all As and Bs so far! The semester will be over before you know it.

Katie - The way you do your taxes is how I pay for Disney. I will be sending them a certain amount of money every month from now til we go next March, and some people think I should just put the money in the bank. But I'm afraid it would end up going towards something else! I have already bought all the park hopper tickets rather than keep that money in the bank, too. And I feel real good about seeing them all paid for!

I helped Mary today by watching Caylin for about 3 hours. She is getting overwhelmed by the 21 month old twins and 5 1/2 month old Caylin, who is cranky because she's teething.

I've got the best meal cooking in the crock pot - peeled potatoes and chicken breasts with lite Italian dressing and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese on top. Yum! Only 7 WW points per serving. Which reminds me, I am ready for my afternoon snack, so I'll see you guys later.

Jana Banana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:26 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Hey, Jana.

Your soup thing sounds yummy!! I just had a can of salmon and for breakfast was the usual wheat toast with peanut butter.
Course it is payday!! So back to Atkins shake tomorrow.......there is a God!!

I don't mean Atkins is a God........there is a God because it is payday....course God is there everyday????.......*sigh*.......whatever,,,

I have done job search things and the ex has been my driver with Gabster in the backseat (like Driving Miss Daisy??)........what a grand morning I have had.

Went to the child support and went around in circles with my worker. I have received nada since Sept.03 and can't do a darn thing about it.After 3 months I can go after his ODL but if they are working on an adjustment that time doesn't cout......so 6 months down the drain.........would so love to see his drivers license taken away.....that'll show him.......lol........don't they put deadbeats in jail anymore? lol

Anyway, trying to release stress through goofy humor........

What am I wearing?? Has to be comfy....going to be a 1 1/2 hour drive...causual,cute,girlie....sexy,wanting,needin g.......lol....naw....though I am working on my romance novel.....lol

Oh joy.....the ex just called the deadbeat and asked if he an adopt Gabster....deadbeat slammed the phone down.........lol.......the men in my life.....

You have heard of a fish taco, Jana?? Sounds icky.....couldn't believe he was going to continue on the fish theme with a shrimp cocktail after going home sick....he is so brave............I need to email him.So, better go.

OMG!!!! THANK YOU for the card!! I did get it in the mail this morning.....knew I was here for a reason!! lol.....geesh...
Thank-you very nice.......

TTFN
Old 03-31-2004, 04:27 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi Ladies~
Forgive me for not trying to catch up-I really hate missing more than one day on here because playing catch-up is a bear. So I won't even try except to say...

Jana~thoughts and prayers with your family. I am so sorry to hear of Deborah's passing, but she is not suffering anymore and that is always a good thing. I remember when my grandma passed, seeing her slowly dwindle away with each day. It was so sad but what helped was when she passed seeing her at the viewing looking so peaceful, almost angelic. I knew then she was in a better place and would no longer suffer. I am slowly coming out of my little funk and thanks for the offer. Your dinner sounds delicious!

Angie~EGADS!! woman! $13,000!!! I thought that was a misprint and had to reread that one.

Susan~are you getting excited about meeting Alex? I know when I first met Vince I was extremely nervous and don't know why because it was like we knew each other already. I wish you luck on your date and hope Alex is all you want in a man. And as Jana said-pictures lady, pictures! I hope you find the perfect Sandra Bullock dress.

Marti~I thought your wedding pictures were nice. I do think we are too critical of ourselves, I know I am-really bad!! I am going to have to take a look at them again. I went to print them out but found I am out of color ink so will have to wait. Can't wait to see your scrapbook pages of your wedding.

Hi to everyone else, Kayecee, Katie, Kathy, Shanna and anyone else I missed.

Not much going on with me. Fighting with the landdlords from the other house over our security deposit. We called them two weeks after we were out of that house to see what is up, and left several messages. None were returned. Vince got a hold of the lady last Thursday and she said she would get a check in the mail. He called again yesterday and now she said she is waiting for her carpet cleaning guy to come sometime this week and then she will get a check in the mail. What??!! Well, DH called the Housing Authority to see what to do and we were told that KS law states that we were supposed to receive our deposit within 14 days after vacating the premises and that unless the carpets were soiled, stained bad or torn they cannot charge us for the cleaning of the carpets, because it is considered normal wear and tear. He suggested we write a letter demanding the full deposit and if that doesn't work we will have to take them to small claims court where we would be entitled to 1 1/2 times the deposit plus the deposit and yadda, yadda, yadda...we think we are going to have to take them to court. We don't understand this because we kept the house clean and never had any problems. They were always nice people, until now and I don't understand them not giving us the deposit back-just doesn't make sense. I am hoping the letter I wrote to them solves it. I don't want to have to take them to court but we will if we have to.

Today instead of going to wally world I cleaned house. Also, went and washed and vacuumed my car out real good finally, getting ready to clean the inside as soon as I get off the I am dying to get out in the yard and do some planting, maybe this weekend. We finally did get some estimates on the yard, which is not as bad as we thought it was going to be. We are doing sod in the front and seed in the back. Probably do that in the next couple of weeks. Trying to decide what type of tree to put in the front and back yard. Haven't gotten much exercise in in the last few days but I plan on going for a walk later this evening, after dinner. That's about all I have.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day! See ya later ladies
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 04:32 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Talking

Hi Susan I see we were posting at the same time. I am with Jana on the fish taco-gross! I like tacos and I like fish but a fish taco-no thank you. I have heard of them and seen them on the menu but would never try one. Hey, wasn't it Marti that had one not too long ago?? Anyway, just wanted to say hi before I log off. See ya...
Old 03-31-2004, 05:55 PM   #7  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

ya Marti was eating fish tacos not long ago...I don't care how good you guys tell me it is,,i think it sounds yucky!
I had a great day today,,,had to get the brakes done on the van aka money pit on wheels. only 350 there...*sigh
To make myself feel better i went to Wally World and bought a couple of necklaces and a ring,,,I was going there for rug cleaner...I did leave with the rug cleaner,,,wrong stuff but still...
Tanners schoolhad a silent auction last night,,,I tried to win a couple of things but I refuse to pay over the actual price it is worth. I pushed the bids up thou so I felt like I did my part...lol
Anyways I better get going,,,
ttfn
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:48 PM   #8  

Yep! Ask Marti about fish tacos! LOL
Kayecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:39 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

Yep....it was me who had a fish taco. They really aren't terrible...but I wouldn't buy one from Taco Time (or Bell) Gotta go to a mexican restaurant. But I totally understand NOT wanting to try it. The two just don't sound like a good combination. But what does it hurt to try??

Anyone ever been to Krispy Kreme? James and I went up to Portland and stopped by one......they are just not all that people say they are!! But they were still good. Really liked the creme filled one......

Went to Michaels for a few minutes to pick me up some Brads and eyelets and other stuff....couldn't find the brads...then Shanna tells me that they were in an area not with the eyelets!!! I should have called her butt to help me out. But I didn't. She came over and did a page while I sat there trying to figure out HOW do layout my page. I think I'm in a stump. OR is it Scrapbookers block??

I got my ring back today!! James picked it up before coming home. I had the two saudered together and I missed wearing it for FOUR days!!! It's nice and shiney!! They cleaned it up nicely. I will have to take a photo of it and share with you girls. It's Love Story .....something something. Pretty.

I will have to do individuals another time. This place is busy and hard to keep up!!!

But I hope you all have a great night. I will try to post my individuals later tonight or tomorrow.

take care
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:45 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

I know, I really need to start work but am so bored here. I could do all that they want me to in 30 minutes.

Hi Cristi! Never heard of Wally World.

Never hear of fish taco's.....I wouldn't try them either.

Your ring sounds nice Marti, I am glad you got it back so fast. I know when I was wearing a ring even after you take it off it still feels like you are wearing a ring......does that make sense??

I have been really tired. I was up at 4 and raring to go though.

The Gabster threw up all over me tonight before I had to start work.She just laid there, so sweet.I don't think she has a fever though.......maybe her teeth?? I went and bought her some diet 7up and she held that down.

Ok, I will go to work......*sigh*. .....how are you Kayecee?? You didn't write much!! Miss hearing from Shanna also....

TTFN
Old 03-31-2004, 10:38 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Ev'nin' Ladies,

Susan - Wally World = Walmart, lol. Hope Gaby is feeling better. Just curiuos - would you let your ex adopt Gaby? Maybe she will have Alex's last name someday. Glad you liked the card, even tho it was soooooo late.

Cristi - sorry for your troubles with the ex landlord. Some people can be a pain! Good for you, not letting them get by with holding on to the deposit.

Angie - glad you got some new bling bling! I got mine yesterday at Penneys!

Marti - I like Krispy Kreams but don't think they are as good as everyone says. I've had 1 since I've been on WW - 6 points! Not worth it. Glad you got your rings back!

Kayecee - hey, girl. How's the testing going at school?

I will be gone in the morning and then tomorrow afternoon and evening we are going to the showing and service for Deborah. Friday AM is the actual graveside burial.

Has anyone here used Priceline for hotels? If so, how'd it turn out?

Later,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:13 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Hi Jana,

Thanks about Wally World!! Thought it was some theme park or something. I must say all our Wallys are clear cross town.I don't go there much but did when I was calling Arkansas a lot, good prices on phone cards and all.

I wouldn't let the ex adopt Gabrielle. I pray that some day she has a wonderful father that will treat her like the princess she is. It won't be my ex though....lol
He does love her and she adores him. I try to have her call him Papa but she hears the other girls calling him dad.....so she runs and flings her little arms around his legs and says "daddy!!!!!!".......ugh,I don't really encourage it but that is what is happening. I use Papa a lot.
His thoughts were that if he were to adopt her she could at least get his social security someday.....he is trying to look for the future.
I know he means the best but that wouldn't be the best for me.

It isn't like I am going to run out any time soon and get married but when I do it would be kind of nice to have the new husband be a father figure.I don't know........
Alex sounds like a wonderful father.Any man that I would get involved with has to take Gaby as a side dish....lol......I am the main course....lol

I am not nervous Cristi.I still have 3 weeks though and I probably won't get nervous until I actually have to see him face to face.Just would like for him to think I am pretty and interested in getting to know me.Course I may not like him at all......lol.......actually I think I will.
My only concern is that his children seem so well behaved and mine are so rowdy.......how is that going to match up??? I can't lock Rachel and Rebecca away forever........*sigh*....

OK.......I will go back to work.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:25 AM   #13  
a work in progress

Default since when did I become a morning person?

It's really weird to come on here early and be the first one to post for the day. I have NEVER been a morning person. Maybe since my husband now works days and no longer comes home from work at midnight and expects me to entertain him for 3 hours it's not so bad to wake up in the mornings now. Especially when I have coffee...

Cristi - ya got me! I almost fell outta my chair! And that's all I'm gonna say about that. I'm sorry you're having a hassle with your former landlord. I wonder...if maybe the delay is because they simply didn't have the money to refund your deposit yet? Maybe they were waiting for some funds to come in, didn't want to admit that they didn't have the cash, and that's why they were stalling? I dunno, but I know that a LOT of our business customers call to say they don't have the money to pay their bills and ask for extentions on their accounts...

Marti - I don't really like Krispy Kremes, because they glaze everything, bleah. My favorite donuts are raised donuts with sugar (regular old granulated sugar) and chocolate cake donuts - some places call them Devil's Food - with plain chocolate icing, or maybe chopped peanuts. As for fish tacos, I'm in the minority here, but I'd eat them at a good Mexican restaurant. Tacos de Pescado, and they are actually not all that uncommon here, especially in Southern California, and Baja...not with the same fixings as say beef or chicken tacos, sometimes with a vinegar/cabbage slaw or with salsa...the vinegar and cabbage taste isn't all that different than like, British fish and chips with coleslaw. Anyway, I don't think you are weird for eating them! And I'm glad you got your pretty sparkly ring back from the jeweler

Kayecee, I must have missed something -- how come your hips hurt from walking because of standardized testing??? Is is like...PE testing? Or you are having to walk around the room watching the kids like a hawk while they take their tests?

Susan - is Gaby feeling better? I hated it when my little ones were sick. And when they are too little to realize they have to throw up and get to the bathroom in time....EEK! One time Mike didn't make it to the bathroom...he was like maybe 4...and he threw up into a huge plastic box of Legos. OMG...it was maybe $300 worth of Legos, and the boys loved them and played with them all the time. And they pleaded, "MOM! Don't throw away our Legos!!!" What could I do? I washed them. With hot, hot water, and rinsed them with bleach water. I knelt by the bathtub, washing Legos, while my two kids with the stomach flu laid on the bathroom floor, faces somewhere between sickly green and ashen-gray, moaning, "Thanks, Mom..." One of those precious Kodak moments of motherhood.

Jana, I'll be thinking of your and your family this afternoon while you are at the service for Deborah. I've never used Priceline, but I have used some other online services to compare hotel prices and reviews, like when we went to Monterey.

Angie...I'm lost...you have two sons, Tanner and Brandon? How old are they? Which one acts? Which one is in a band, and what does he play? I have: Erik, 20, in the Air Force in South Dakota; Mike, 18, plays guitar, Senior in High School, and just got a job, yay!; and Noah, 13...hasn't found his place in the world yet. He is learning to play guitar, too...

OK, it's that time, gotta fly!

Katie
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:15 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Smile

Hi ladies~

Once again, bad timing in getting on the 'puter, but I definitely will be back later this evening for individuals. Real quick though...

Katie~I am such a dork-I couldn't think of an April Fools joke-wouldn't that be funny if the joke was on me??? Not! About the ex-landlords-DH and I both thought the same thing, that they didn't have the money. I mentioned that I bet they are waiting till they rent the place. They have several rentals though and I would think they would have some money-for some reason she mentioned that they are leaving this week and will be gone for 2 weeks-not sure what is up with that. The way it looks they have no intention of giving us a dime back.

Susan~hope little Miss Gaby is feeling better today.

Jana~never used Priceline but my son has several times and liked it, no problems with them.

Okay, I need to get outta here. Vince will be home in about 30 mns. and I have a couple of things to do then we are on our way to Lowe's for a few things.

Hope EVERYONE is having a wonderful day! BBL
Old 04-01-2004, 04:51 PM   #15  

Height: 5'1"

Wow....where is everyone today?

Katie--So glad I'm not the only one who eats fish tacos!! I had a co-worker who made them with smoked tuna that he smoked himself....and he would bring them for some of his buddies.....they smelled so good that I asked him to bring me some.....of coarse, I never got them...Sony closed a week later!!

Well today is BEAUTIFUL out!! And this weekend is suppose to be wonderful too which has me with a smile on my face!! My sister is having a reception held at her house for me & James and she wanted to have room by letting people out on her back deck.....and we were a little worried about the weather...but it's suppose to be nice!!

James is such a sweetie!! Today while I was at school....he went to Michaels and bought me a big slide cutter for my scrapbooking. Do you know what I'm talking about? Well I had one that I had bought from Wal-mart and I guess I must have made comments about how small it was....so he said that he was thinking of me and bought me a gift. Boy I just kept hugging him!! Such a sweet man to go into a craft store and buy something for me!! So now I can cut larger paper!!

I'm so happy.

Well, I need to get ready to go visit my aunt and my grandparents....I will check in later tonight.

Take Care
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote