Old 04-07-2004, 11:12 AM   #16  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies

Spryng, nice talking to you last night. Sorry to cut it short but I was so tired!! Can I call you back tonight? About the same time? The chicken recipe calls for dijon mustard which I didn't have so I just used mustard powder. It was sweet due to the pineapple...I guess the flavor would have seemed better had the chicken texture been better! I'm not a good judge
You know I will be watching the bachelor. It's 2 hours though so I'll try to do other things in between. He was on Good Morning America this mornind and I didn't get the impression that he fell in love. He was really hesitant and just kept saying he met a very special woman...but he wasn't gushing like the girls do. We'll see.

Mary, don't worry about the gain...we'll help you get it back off . Hope Dh gets some rest. About taking notes, if you "go advanced" on your reply you can scroll down to see the other posts. Just doesn't work if there's a new thread, but as I told Spryng last night "duh" you can just open another window and pull up the old thread to read it. Never thought of that myslef.

Ginny, have a great day! Hope I sent the warm weather to you...it was 68 here yesterday.

Crystal, sounds like you've been having a wonderful week. Looking forward to your WI on Friday.

Penny, I think Dh thought he was going to get some lovin' the night of the spider incident! I don't think he realized just how po'd I was . They always get over it hey? Yeah Hunter!! And I want a picture of the speckled frog posted also!! Will asked for an apple for a snack this morning so I'm a proud Mommy too! It's the little things in life. My Mom's stopping over later and I'll be you she'll have some candy for him. Once a month they have a breakfast at her apartment complex so she'll have some kind of treat for me from that too. I'm just going to toss it in the garbage the minute she drives away. I just can't get her to understand how hard it is for me not to eat that stuff...not that I always stay away from it, but with Easter dinner on Sunday, my 1 Recess egg that I plan on eating and Dh and I are going out on Saturday so probably dinner out, I don't need any extra treats during the week .

Welcome Michele, I'm Geri Mom to 2 boys Will & Tony who are soon to be 3 and 1 next month. I do the WATP 3 mi power walk & I love it. If I have to go break up one of the boys many fights I can keep going I'm in the 200's also and know what a tough road it can be. Anything I can do to help!!

Melinda, I don't know how often I'll get to the chat once the weather warms up. It's just too nice to be sitting in the basement some days. Glad you got to the gym! Precors are the machines that Dr Phil gives away...they're like $5,000 machines!! Wish I could afford one Have fun at the MOMS club thing today! You're working tomorrow right?

Well, got the 3 mile walk in this morning so must get upstairs and head into the shower before Mom gets here. Hope you all have a great OP day! BTW, I had 4 teddy grahams last night...but that was it after dinner! Today's plan is to not have anything!! I was very close to that last night so I know I can do it (for the newbies...night time snacking is my worst habit!!) Bye now!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:12 AM   #17  

Spryng-dh is a mailman. you know, rain, sleet, snow, etc. He works 6 days a week cause he has to stay on the overtime list. He makes $300-400 extra a paycheck if he gets overtime. Since I don't work we can't really make it on his base pay. Plus, it takes an act of Congress to get an approved day off and if he calls in sick or is late more than twice in 6 months he gets a disciplinary form. I'm hoping to start taking some classes this fall. If I can get a degree in something and make enough for the transition he can find another job. The dr at the ER gave him a slip saying he needed the next few days off, which his boss is NOT going to like, but who cares. Come next week he'll go back to the same old grind.
BTW, what is boca crumbles?
Congrats on all your success! So many times the people that post try and try again(me, being one of them), but its good to see someone who has actually done it.

Geri, ladies, thanks for your support. All this talk of getting outside is making me want to. I need to get a good walking stroller for Nathan cause he gets a wild hair sometimes and decides to make a break for it. I've always been a hermit, but I'm trying to teach my boys better habits.
Later

Last edited by ebeth2210; 04-07-2004 at 11:18 AM.
ebeth2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:22 AM   #18  

Cool, Geri. Thanks for the tip on the advanced mode.
Gotta get off here now. Maybe a shower will jumpstart me. DH is still asleep, but when he wakes I'm off to the gym
Old 04-07-2004, 11:45 AM   #19  

Lost the post! We are suppose to be at the Easter party at 1200 and JW just went to sleep at 1100, he has been playing in the crib since 1015.
It is pretty much a neighborhood over, so I will leave here at 1200. Got about 35 min at the gym this morning! I have started my first period since the baby, that is one thing I did not miss. I thought the cramps were suppose to get better. I am trying to hold off on the meds. I feel like eating a bag of chips, good thing there are none in the house.

Michelle - Welcome, I love the name Teagan as well. I am Melinda, mother of 7 month John Wesley. I work two days a week at my old office, my mom keeps JW. I am not on any formalized program but a combo of all I have been on in the past.

Penny - We ate lunch at Just Fresh yesterday, it is a chain. I had an oriental chicken salad, so good, but they charge $7. I know it does not cost that much to make it. Post the pictures on the boys. I am so looking forward to those days. I am so proud of JW now and he does not even do much.

Ginny - Keeping busy these days!

Mary - I am with you on the cheaper than therapy and trainer. I work in a psych office it can get expensive. Hope your dh is feeling better. I know that must have freaked you out.

Spryng - I have not actually paid dues or officially joined the MOMS club. I will ask about that today. That is stupid that they do not let out of towners, start your own group in your free time.

Crystal - Dh and I have allergies and we just know that ds will have them. I have asthma, but don't have many problems with it. Had an attack this year after 10 years without.

Well, I am going to wake up JW. I hope he will be in a good mood. I so need some adult interaction today. These cramps are making me so moody.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 03:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Just got back a little while ago, put away the groceries, did a load of dishes and now here I am.

Melinda, so sorry about the cramps! Were you on mediaction for them before JW was born? I hope it gets better as the day goes on. And great job on getting to the gym again!! You are doing so great in the exercise department! I would love to start a MOMS group here but I have no clue how to do that or anything that goes along with it. But I wish someone else would start one!
Mary, does you dh drive his route or walk? Maybe i should be a mailman... that would force me to get some exercise in everyday, lol. I hope he gets better soon. Boca crumbles are a vegetarian product. Like morningstar farms products. There are veggie burgers and such that taste like real hamburgers and stuff like that. The crumbles are their version of ground beef and when put in recipes taste just like them without all the fat. But they have lots of protein in them so they are very good for you. I'm not vegetarian by any means but I love those products because I get the same flavors for less points so I can eat more if I like. Regular ground beef is very high in pts and then lean ground beef is so expensive so I use either morningstar farms crumbles are boca crumbles instead. I think they taste like the real thing, but maybe that's because I haven't had the real thing in quite a while. lol. Thank you so much for your kind words about my success but I have been part of this group for 2 1/2 years and have been through the mill on diet after diet. Weight watchers is the first diet I've ever stuck with and I just love it. I think every diet can work if you can make it your lifestyle. I learned that the hard way but I think I got it this time I think you will do great too!!
Geri, I enjoyed talking to you last night too! And of course you can call me tonight if you like...around 9:30 pm should be a good time. Usually all the kids are in bed by then. I'm glad you will watch the bachelor, you can tell me all about the secret spy plot... I think that will make it interesting. I think you did great last night on your snacking. You can do this I know you can!!
Well I started this post about 30 min ago, then put Tanner to sleep so forgot everything else I wanted to say. I'm going to go outside and clean out my van so that after tanning tonight I can vacuum it out. It's a french fry mess right now, lol. Then I'm going to get on my LTT for about 20. I'm going to try and get in an hour of exercise today since I won't workout tomorrow. So I decided I'll do some now and the rest tonight. Keep me motivated!!!!
TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 03:53 PM   #21  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Thumbs up Can I jump in?

Hey, I am Cindi, a Georgia SAHM to 7, 6 boys 1 girl!!!!!!!!!!! I just joined 3FC a couple of weeks ago and I am trying to decide where I fit in best here, this looks like a nice spot to hang out for a while. I have enjoyed my stay here so far, this is a great site.

I am diabetic and after a BIG blood sugar scare last week, I am changing my way of life quite a bit. I am eating much better, trying to exercise and drink up, so far with great results!! This morning my blood sugar was normal for the first time in years! I will get off these meds!! I PROMISE!! I have spent too many months not paying attention to my eating habits, and caring about the restof the world more than myself. I have decided that I am worth it, and that if I don't watch myself, my family will be without me and that would be tragic.

Hey Crystal!!!! Good to see you here. Haven't chatted in a day or two, hope all is well!!

To the rest, I am looking forward to getting to know you better!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:08 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone for the welcome I have decided to do the atkins diet for 2 reasons 1 being that my husband will do it with me and the 2nd being that I was told that it is a great diet for people with thyroid disease it helps balance out hormones which is definately what i need as Im on the hormone roller coaster and the meds dont seem to be helping yet. When I joined the forums I hadnt yet decided on a diet plan but was eating healthy ie. low sugar low carb veggies and meat mostly. I think the atkins will hopefully prove itself with great results for me
It seems everyone here is as busy as I am with kids and to me it is a workout lol but once i get them calmed down it is very enjoyable to take them out on my walk with me and sometimes we stop at the playground on the way back I cant wait to get my WATP DVD's, plus my sister gave me her treadmill so hopefully the pounds will just start melting away.
Well I hope everyone is doing well!! BTW what is everyone doing for easter? How do your diets fit with the holidays, or affect them? Have a great afternoon ladies
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:13 PM   #23  

The Easter Party was fun, about three kids JW age. Most of moms have older children starting school next year, so it looks like they need new blood to start the younger groups. I will see how the part time stuff goes and think about becoming more involved. Elections for new offices are in June.

Didn't eat much at the party, spent most of the time getting to know everyone. Since I have been home, I am craving the salts. Just had some pita chips, so that should hold me over til dinner. We are going to have Mexican tonight. I am craving it so bad. I am already downing the water for all the sodium. PMS is awful, I feel so bloated. I guess it makes up for no sickness during preg. I don't like taking pills, but I just took Aleve. JW is down, maybe I just need a nap.

Cindi- Welcome, I am Melinda, mom to John Wesley 7months. How old are your children and is the girl the youngest. What part of Georgia are you from? I live in Charleston. Hope we can help you out, it is a great group.

Michelle - Good for you doing the Atkins. I am trying a combo of everything, but I think I need to pinpoint it to one since I have been up and down for the last month. I am reading Dr. Phil. I have every diet book in my collection. You would think I would get it by now.

Spryng - Saw you on the chat, but did not get you. Are you the new host of the website? I won't be there tomorrow, working.

Andrea - Where are you? Hope things are well.

Have a good evening! I am going to get some rest. These cramps make me want to have another baby. J/K

Melinda
Old 04-07-2004, 05:49 PM   #24  

Hey all!
I have had a great day so far. So far I've only had about 900 cals. I'm not very hungry, but I'm gonna make myself eat at least 400 more cals. Or else I'll be too hungry tomorrow. I got to go to the gym. God, it felt good. I think thats why I've been so cranky. I'm getting addicted. Nathans nose is still goopy, so I still can't take him to the gym daycare. Maybe by the time dh goes back to work, he his nose will be dry. I don't have any exercise equipment and if I go outside, for some reason Nathan just wants to go where he's not supposed to go,i.e. the road. So I have to give him my full attention. I want to get me a good walking stroller.

Spryng-about the MOMS club. The lady mentioned it yesterday and we are encompassing 4 cities cause we live in a small state, but she said its to ensure that we don't have too many people. Cause we'll be doing stuff like the park and the zoo and lunch at McD's, I guess there has to be limit. But the lady who started did it by herself, so it can't be too hard. If you like I can try to get some info on it.

Melinda-I just waved bye to TOM. I was craving so much. But I think next month I'll satisfy some of my cravings and just add some oomph to my workouts.

Michelle-I lost 30 lbs on Atkins, but my hair started falling out, which is a side effect for a very few. Then I got pregnant and gained it all back. Good luck!

Welcome Cindi-nice to see another Southern girl. Wow! You have your hands full. How old are they? My SIL has 5 and her dh talked her into having her tubes tied after the last one and now she holds a grudge because she wants more. I have 2 boys and I say if I could have a girl I'd go for it. But I'm 3 for 3. (I had another little boy that I lost at 1 day). I just can't handle anymore. But you are right. You do need to take care of yourself. For you first and then for them. I had gestational diabetes with all 3 of mine, which is why I lost my first child. The dumb dr didn't do a blood glucose test, only urine and it never showed up in my urine. I was on insulin with my last. Plus I'm overweight and have diabetes heavy on both sides of my family. So far, I don't have it, but I know its coming if I don't get healthy. So I know where you are coming from.

BTW, what chat are ya'll talking about?
Bye. Gotta get supper started.
Having baked chicken and whatever else I can find.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:55 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Mary- hehe the hair falling out is a side effect of one of my medications so Im used to that lol handfuls of it falling out at a time it really is horrible I told my husband that I almost want to get pregnant again so I can have that rich, vibrant pregnancy hair again. But we're calling it quits after this last pregnancy it was too hard on me so no more thick hair for me.
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:17 PM   #26  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs down Good Afternoon Girls

Hey there. I've read all your posts but didn't take notes.

Cindi - I'm still here. The days have been full. I'll catch up with ya later though.

Like I said this morning my allergies have gotten the better of me. I've felt like crap all day and haven't done like a thing. I haven't kept track of calories today, but I'm sure I'm pretty low, I haven't eaten very much, no apetite. I haven't exercised either. I have to feel better. All I want to do is lay down and go to sleep. I'm thinking a couple of days I'll be better. This is Texas and this is Spring, the two combined are just not good for weather. We've been having almost 80 degree days and just great, but Easter looks to be in the 50's. Can you believe that?

I promise I read all your posts, I'm just to blah to keep typing. This may be my last post today. Hopefully in the morning I'll wake up new and refreshed.
Hope you all had a great day and have a great night.

TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:25 PM   #27  

Had Mexican tonight, went crazy. Chips, cheese, enchiladas, and sodium. I think it is out of my system because my stomache is so upset. I can not even think about eating. Did drink tons of water. Tomorrow is a new day! Had the Swan on, I can not get into it. It is awful how those doctors are nit picking those girls. Won't be one I will be watching. I am going to take a pain pill and call it the night. At least I did get a workout in.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:37 PM   #28  
soontobethin

Good evening.
Hello to all the newbies. I am Ricci (pronounced Ricky) sahm to two boys 5 and 3. I cleaned my house today, then I had my physical for my study tonight. Since I had to get the physical done, I couldn't eat from 11 on. They needed me fasting to check my blood and all that. My sister called me at 4 today, her friend didn't pick her up from school, and so I had to go get her. She isn't transferring schools since they only have a month left. On the plus side, when they weighed me tonight on the doctor's scale, it said the same as my scale here. Sorry not to get personal, but its been a long day. Did everyone get in their exercise and water? I did. Have a good evening.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:44 PM   #29  

I'm sorry ya'll aren't feeling well. Must be the Monday blues.
I did ok today. I am at 1500 cals. I'm going to bed before I get any cravings.

Hope everybody feels better tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:01 PM   #30  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies,

Dh and I are spatting a little tonight and I am feeling crabby so I will post tomorrow when I get anew vibe back

Still not on plan ......

Just feeling crappy!

I will post again in the morning, address everyone and hopefully start over once again!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote