Old 04-08-2004, 12:44 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi meltin- so you didnt particularly care for the swan? I actually kinda liked it and....Im ashamed to admit...I wished I was one of those girls lol thousands of dollars of free lipo and plastic surgery and a trainer that MAKES you do it when you dont want to **** ya when does the next show start I wanna sign up lol jk....Well I finally got my monster girls to bed lol my 2 yo didnt have a nap today so she was cranky come 9 pm. How did everyone else's night go? Hope all is well
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:06 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Wow, lots of posts since I posted last.

Penny, sorry about you and Dh, hopefully it will all work itself out. And I am routing for you to get back OP so you can feel better about yourself. Get a good nights sleep and we'll "see" you tomorrow.

Ricci, glad you got your exercise in! You are really great at that. I got mine in too. I wanted to do an hour like I mentioned earlier but after 10 min on the LTT my legs were shaking so I called it quits. But my heartrate was up and I was sweating so that is a good thing. I figure it may take a few days to work my way up to 20 min or more on it. It really wears me out!

Melinda, I hope you feel better tomorrow and so glad you enjoyed your mexican dinner!! I LOVE mexican food. I watched the Swan too and I thought it wasn't much different than Extreme Makeover (which I like) I will probably watch it just to see the transformations. But what is with every girl having super long hair????? Even the ones previewed for next week end up with really long hair. Do you have to have long hair to be pageant material? If so then I just lost my chance because I cut my hair off on sunday! lol. Oh and no I'm not the new host of the moms losing weight website... Penny is. I'm an assistant manager I guess. I don't really know what that entails though.

Crystal, are you able to get an allergy shot or something? Rest up and hopefully it passes soon.

Mary, going to the gym is a great thing to be addicted too! Glad you got to go. What machines do you use there?? And thanks for wanting to look up info for me to start a MOMS group here but I just am not coordinated enough to do that right now. I would love to join one but not run one, you know? I'm just not confident enough to do that. But thanks for the offer! Oh and the chat someone was talking about is here... http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight we all try to meet here everyday at 2 pm central to chat with each other. A member here started the site just for us so it's nice to talk there. Come join us sometime!!

Michelle, I think you will do great on Atkins. I've been on it many many times and lost weight each time. Even DH joined me once (even though he quit 5 days into it and lost 10 lbs in 5 days!!) The first time I did it I shed 20 lbs in like a month and half. But I kept giving in to my cravings for breads and pastas that I would go off plan and you gain your weight back very quickly if you do that. And then getting your body back into ketosis takes 3 days so it got harder and harder each time I'd fall off the wagon. So I think atkins is a great plan but you have to devote yourself to it and when he says no cheating (especially during induction) then he means it! lol. When are you going to start?

Welcome Cindi!!!! I am so glad you have joined us!! I am Spryng (pronounced spring) mother of 3, Ava 4, Joseph 3, and Tanner 9 months. I give you so much credit for bringing up 7 kids!!!! What are their ages?? I didn't want any kids when I first got married and then as soon as my first came along I knew I'd want a big family. After I had Jospeh everyone told me to be happy with 2 kids, it was enough but I didn't feel the same and neither did my DH so we planned and had one more. And now I feel our family is complete. Was all of yours planned? I'm young (24) so who knows, maybe in 10 years I'll have a couple more, lol. But probably not Are you on a specific diet? I hope you feel right at home here and post as often as you can so we can get to know you better!! And welcome again.

My evening went great. Made those soft tacos I was craving for dinner with some fat free refried beans on the side. It all hit the spot. I bought some low carb tortillas because they are mostly wheat and high in fiber and they are only 1 pt each (my other ones were 2 pts each) and they were actually pretty good. The kids ate it up too. Then I went and tanned, vacuumed out the van and then hit walmart because my WW journal notebook was all used up. So I needed a new one. While I was there I bought some yarn and a beginners book and crochet hook to give myself a hobby! I am so thrilled about this! lol. I did a little tonight and then messed up and had to unravel it all but it was alot of fun and relaxing. I haven't had a hobby in a long time so it feels good to have something to do. I used to cross stitch but haven't in such a long time that it would be hard for me to get back into it and I haven't crocheted since I was pregnant with Ava (never did finish that blanket) but I remember it was soothing back then too. So hopefully I finish a project this time I'm making a afgan for DH, it's army camoflauge yarn, very cool looking. It will go in his truck for him. That is if I ever get it done in this lifetime, lol. I am not a very good crocheter. But I try. But I ate well today (came in under pts) got in some intentional exercise and feel good about everything so now I am calling it a night. Talk to you all tomorrow!! G'nite!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 07:38 AM   #33  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs down Morning

Hi there, my night was only so so. My son still wakes up about 2x a night. On top of me not feeling well. This morning I can't say I don't feel much better. But I haven't even been out of the house (except for being outside), in like 6 days, so I'm thinking getting out today may force me to feel better. I've got a ton of errands to run maybe I can do that.
It seems alot of you didn't feel like posting last night, I understand. I did take notes though, so here goes:

Melinda, don't feel bad for not doing well yesterday. TOM is ruthless to us. We ALL understand.

Penny, sorry your evening wasn't too good, been there.

Michelle, I have to agree with Spryng, I got on atkins and at one point lost over 20 pounds, but I honestly think it screwed up some chemicals in my body because once I tried to slowly start bringing back carbs, I went crazy and in no time the weight was back. It does work, but if you can't stick to it FOREVER, I think it's not the one to go on. Wish you the best though whichever you do choose.

Spryng, you sound so much like me. Although I did want kids when I got married and I knew I wanted 3 or 4. My sister is expecting her 8th, and she had already had like 3 and I just couldn't get pregnant. It took two years, then with horrible stressful times, I miscarried. Thought, maybe I'm not ready, but 3 months later got pregnant. When Alisa was about 2 or so, I wanted another one so badly, I cried and cried, then got pregnant. Had Ally. Knew I wanted more, it just didn't feel complete, but when she was only 9 months, I got pregnant, I cried because it was so soon. Ally was a collicy baby, so thinking I was going to have another one so soon, scared me. Had Andrew and it feels complete. In fact, my fil and wife just had their second and when I went to see her and hold her, I did not even get that feeling that I wanted another one. You know that feeling you get sometimes, I didn't get it and I knew it was because I just didn't want anymore. When I was pregnant with Andrew I knew he was a boy and I hate being pregnant. So I had this long talk with God, that if it was indeed a boy, which I knew he was, then I wanted to be finished. I didn't want anymore. And I really believe God listened. However, I do know that it is up to God, if I am to have anymore, but I really don't think I am. I am so happy and complete with the family I have. Did not mean to go on and on like that. Also, you're trying crocheting, I tried that many years ago. I was not good at it. Wish I was I just love afghans. Good luck, let us know.

Well, yesterday wasn't good since I didn't feel good. I did okay most of the day although I never even ate an actual meal so when dinner came, I went for the quickest, easiest and highest in calorie. But I didn't feel too bad about that. I'll get out today and feel better and do so much better. I may have to ride my stationary bike tonight. Can't miss Friends, the #1 viewers choice. I hope everyone has such a wonderful, on plan day. TTYL.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:20 AM   #34  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!
Someday life is going to slow down a bit.......well maybe!
Got another busy one here, Dd goes to the orthodontist (her baby teeth are not coming out in 2 places and it is holding up the adult teeth.......guess that means extraction, but he will decide that today). Then off to practice a flute piece I am doing for Easter service. Maybe this afternoon things will slow down.... Last nite we went to Dd's softball game, which was nice. Some of them are so far away it is nearly impossible to get to them. But all of us were there and then we went out to Arby's for dinner. I LOVE their Martha's Vineyard salad......awesome.....and I figure about 7 points. (It is a large salad).
Anyway, sorry no time to get personal.....I had better go. Hi to everyone, maybe I can get back here later. Have a great day! Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:59 AM   #35  

Started a new new thread! # 146 see you there!
Old 04-08-2004, 11:16 AM   #36  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Morning ladies!!

THANKS for the warm welcome!!!

Today was my weigh in day, I have lost 5.5 pounds in week 1 of my challenge and 10.5 in the past 10 days or so. I AM SO EXCITED!!! No specific diet, just portion control and a bit lower on the carbs than I had been, but not like some of the low carb plans out there. My goal is to eat healthy, smaller portions and to drink up. I try to exercise daily, but sometimes a few minutes here and there is all I get, but that's fine...it all adds up!!!

My kids are 18,17,14,8,4,3, and 18 mos! My dd is the 3 yo and WOW she is something. Don't know what I expected, but she is a unique character. Tougher than all of my boys! Yet, so emotional and unpredictable, typical girl! It never gets boring here, I can say that! But I do really have great kids...no drinking, no drugs, no drama to speak of so far...so I am happy.

I hope EVERYONE has a much better day!! Stay motivated, focused and on you plan...I'll check in again later. Daycare baby is here!!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:37 AM   #37  

Cindi, congrats on your loss!!! That is amazing! Whatever plan you have devised it working for you, maybe you should write a book, lol. Sounds very healthy.
We started a new thread... when one gets to 3 pages someone starts a fresh thread, so just go back up to support groups and we are at 146 now! See you there!!