Old 04-06-2004, 08:16 AM   #46  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Rita - glad you are walking a lot, keep up the good work.

Cristi - Mary and Terry are the "grown-ups" in their households now, and buy Easter stuff for their own kids, so Katie's my last one.... kinda sad. But easier. I agree with Marti - don't worry about the scale until you get a nw one. Or just weigh in at the doc's office once in awhile.

Angie - I also read Janet Evanovich books. The grandma cracks me up! I'm very sorry about your aunt. And it sounds like her daughters won't be much help... About the Dr. Phil book, I bought mine when it very first came out, and I wasn't ready to start again. I remember I was eating a huge bowl of Cheetos as I read it, lol. I think I will get it off the shelf and re-read it now. He always inspires me. Did you see the show yesterday with the 611 pound woman? God bless her.... I will think of her when I get down about having so much to lose!

Marti - your Easter plans w/grandparents sounds nice. How old will g'ma be on Friday? Hope you and Shanna have a good time today and share the pics with us. Everyone seems to like your new thread - you're good at thinking up new ones.

Today is supposed to be as pretty as yesterday was, and I'm loving that. I plan to clean off my back patio. It is screened in, with lawn chairs, little tables, and a kid's swing hanging from one of the rafters. But it is all dirty from the winter and needs some TLC. Plus, I have to tackle Mt. Washmore again - why is there no end to laundry!!

I'm trying a new crock pot recipe today - Southwest Chicken Stew. It has chicken, salsa, corn, pinto beans, broth and a few spices. I'll let you know if it was any good. 3 WW points per 1 1/2 cup serving - YAY!

Toodles,
Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:22 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Morning ladies~

I got on the scales this morning to see what is up and they were down two from yesterday. I am definitely thinking the scales are bad so will get some new ones sometime this week. Then see what the difference is with those and the doctors when I go next week. I thought about going back to weighing once a month but that would bug me, and I like to *try* and stay on top of things before it gets too bad.

Angie~I am so sorry to hear of your Aunt. I also like Sandra Brown and Nora Roberts-I have too many favs. Also like Mary Higgins Clark-haven't read her new one. Of course I haven't done much reading period. How goes the selling of your house?

Jana~I agree witht he laundry-did three loads yesterday and it has piled up again today. Yes, let us know how good the Southwest Chicken Stew is, it sounds delicious. I am cooking chicken today also, just don't know how yet. I think I will look in the cookbook for something different.

Marti~I know what you mean. Too many celebrations and goodies catch up with us in the end-no pun intended. Even though with me that's where it usually ends up. Sounds like you guys are going to have a nice Easter.

Hi Shanna, Kathy, Katie, Rita.

I did catch Dr. Phil yesterday and it has made me get out the book again. I started rereading it again. I keep seeing all these people losing so much weight and I am a little embarrassed that I haven't gotten it yet. I definitely need to work through the steps again. Can't remember her name, but the 600 lb. woman inspired me-she is finally moving around and losing weight and I think that is great! The whole show actually inspired me. So that is what I am doing today, catching up on reading, as soon as I get to Walgreens to get a couple of things and the post office. Also, going to clean a bit. Just really need to vacuum and dust a little. Trying to stay on top of things. There is nothing like the feeling of having your *own* house. We didn't do shrubs and such this past weekend but plan on doing it Sunday. Vince is getting a hold of one of the guys about the grass-just can't wait.

Have a GREAT day everyone!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:42 PM   #48  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

I am headed for a walk with the Gabster.

Your chicken stew sounds SOOO good Jana.....I wish I had a family to cook for, I think that is what I miss the must being divorced.Course I still could cook and eat it over a few days??
Anyway, sounds yummy!!!!
Curious what WW has you do in weighing?? Is it once a week or bi- monthly??

So sorry about your aunt Angie

THANKS for the Easter card Cristi! Very sweet.....don't let the scale get you down.I am kind of getting leary of it and always thinking about what I am eating and if it is healthy........need some Dr Phil inspiration myself.

Took Beck for her cast this morning, she picked powder blue for her color- thought she would pick pink....

Gaby went to work with me last and that worked out great. I got TONS done...lol.......don't have time to be on the puter with her around so I actually worked and she tagged along- very well behaved and said "hi" and bye to all the tenants.....sure she charmed the drunks and drug addicts along the way...lol....
I think that is funny.......I mean I manage a low income housing and I know there is drug activity and people that shift through the garbage looking for pop bottles.....so..........The Gabster charmed everyone......

I don't know what I am wearing for the Alex meeting,Jana......feel discontected when I haven't heard from him in 4 days.I will go for my walk and drop in at the mall and stroll around and look.........would be nice to get something for Easter.

BTW- I work that weekend, might go to my sisters and hope I don't get a page.Think it will be a quite 2 days.......

Rita,Rita!!! I don't think I have your addie!!!! I will go look,sent out cards yesterday.If anyone has it, can you send to me??? Thanks

Hope you are having a good day Marti

Best get busy,haven't even started on the water drinking.....

Breakfast was Atkins shake,banana,cracked what bread with peanut butter....and some coffee....

ok.......best get!!!!

Hi to all you MIA'S!!!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:46 PM   #49  
kitty Momo

OK!!
I have Rita addie!! Thanks Cristi-,,,,,se where you sent it to me awhile back.........
Old 04-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #50  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hey Ladies~

I'm back for a few minutes. Just realized I forgot to say Hi to Susan. See, I knew I always forget someone. Not that I forgot you Susan-never, thought I had said a few words to ya. I love the nn Gabster-so cute. I bet she did charm everyone along the way. But then don't all two-year-olds?? I say that because there was a cute little boy at church Sunday I would have loved to bring home-soooo cute. Hope Rebecca is feeling better. Bet she can't wait to get to school to get her cast signed. No word from Alex in 4 days?? Bummer Does he have a laptop?? Did he say he wouldn't be in touch till he returned?? Well, don't let it get ya down, I am sure he can't wait to get back and talk with you.

Oooo, just realized I forgot Kayecee also. Okay, Hi to EVERYONE! I always forget someone when we don't hear from ya daily-sorry.

Okay, I am outta here for now. Just returned from the store and need to get the house vacuumed and be done by 3 for Dr. Phil. I want to get his book on CD-I think hearing his voice will do more for me than reading the book. See ya later
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:30 PM   #51  
kitty Momo

Evening,

THANKS for the Easter card Jana

Hi Cristi- No he never said much of anything before he left for Cali. I don't think he has a laptop, really don't think he has a computer at home because he always emails from work.
He has called from work and home though.
Anyway- pretty sure California has computers *snicker*....also even think they have telephones.Course he isn't a boyfriend and I am sure it was a long drive for him.......
We will see what happens......don't feel too eager to spend $$$$ on a dress though......

Took a walk with the Gabster.

Having a hard time with the ex.....very distressing.I will probably just see the girls on the weekend.I HATE this......I miss my babies.....
He can be great or he can be a bully.....

Anyway, I have the Gabster......

I guess that is it.Work is going fine so far with Gaby with me-

I better go

TTFN
Old 04-06-2004, 11:39 PM   #52  
a work in progress

Default hi

Hi everybody...

I'm listening to Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue and feeling rather blue. My mom is not doing too well -- she's 74 -- and I need to go to Montana in May for a few days to try to help her. I'd go sooner, but couldn't get the time off work and get plane tickets. As it is, I had to spend $700 on round trip tickets for both Tim and me. *sigh* I'm pretty worried about her...her blood pressure is through the roof and she is under a huge amount of stress, and...when I talk to her on the phone, she just doesn't...sound like herself, I guess. Hopefully, I can help her in just the few days I have there.

I bought Easter cards for everyone, but haven't gotten them sent yet. I will get them in the mail tomorrow; hopefully most of you will get them by Saturday.

Susan, I think you said you pictured me as a petite blonde? Not exactly, hon -- I'm 5' 10" in my bare feet, and even when I'm not heavy, I am a BIG girl: broad shoulders, big hands, size 10 feet. My hair is really long and curly, and sort of the dark reddish-brown of an old penny, and it's usually messy looking because I'm a total klutz and can't do a dang thing with it. Hope I didn't mess up your mental picture too badly.

Anyway, ladies, sorry I haven't been on for a while...just been very preoccupied. I try to pop on here everyday at least to read how you all are doing, so I'm thinking of you, even when I don't post.

See you soon,
Katie

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:55 PM   #53  
kitty Momo

Hi Katie

You SURE you ain't petite??? I am pretty sure you are....lol

Post a picture sometime?? Would love to see what you look like,,,,,,,,,,,or color photo a pic and send in my Easter card!!

I NEED to get some pictures taken. I keep putting it off,,,,,,
Tomorrow I will go to my mothers and have her take some.

Sorry about your mother , Katie.My dad is 73 and he was sick for awhile back in November....just sending best wishes for her

Gaby is watching a show and being a sweetie.......sitting behind me on the chair and leaning her head on my back.....awww,love the Gabster,,,,,,,miss my other girls!! waaaaa,waaaaa.......

K- out of here .....
Old 04-07-2004, 12:56 AM   #54  

Height: 5'1"

Default It's me!

Hi girls--

To start off with...you will have to forgive me for not sending out Easter Cards...I did the e-mail again! I have to do my Thank You cards and I completely forgot about Easter!! ((Sorry))
Thank you Jana & Cristi for your cards. BTW Jana....you can send things to Marti D for now on!
I have idea's for scrapbook pages that involve pockets to hold cards. And I figured I could do a page for each holiday!! (Plus my wedding cards I received) I just got to get my rear in gear and start scrapping. Michaels has a sale this weekend. I'm meeting Shanna this Friday to get some stuff. I had bought a bunch of eyelets and I really want to use them....well this weekend they have to tools to use them for only $14.99!! That's down from $32.99. Is that a deal or what?

Jana--Your Chicken Stew sounds yummy!! Maybe post the recipe? I need to eat much healthier than I have been. I'm not sure where my motivation went. I think with everything going on the last couple months I've kind of put myself (health) on the back burner. Now it's time to concentrate on me. I did finish a "Me" page in my scrapbook. I'm pleased with it.

Cristi--I need to start figuring out ways to celebrate without food!! But there are so many good things out there that are just too tempting sometimes... Obviously I have no self control. Tonight we had a roast.....I gave myself a small helping...but I still managed to eat too much.....only because I thought my helping was too small and I went for seconds. Why!? I only feel bloated and uncomfortable!! My jeans are screaming at me!!

Susan--Let me say this about Alex and not getting in touch with you.....he must be enjoying EVERY minute with his kids. He travels a distance to be with them and they may want to keep him occupied most of the day....so don't feel like you've been abandoned, just know that he is a wonderful father who wants to enjoy the company of his children. And once he gets back....I'm sure you'll have long conversations and e-mails telling you all about it. And telling you how much he missed your conversations. Abscents make the heart grow fonder!!

Katie--So sorry to hear about your mother. I think you going to see her will help her very much. Just having you near will make her smile and that alone can bring the blood pressure down a bit!! I send good thoughts her way!! About what you said to Susan about how you looked.....for some reason I pictured you a blonde too!! Isn't that strange how we envision someone before we see them? Unfortunately I can't keep you all in the dark....I post my photo too often!!! Have you all noticed my size increasing???

Hi to Angie, Kayecee, Shanna, Kat, Kathy, Rita!!! Come back soon and post!!

Ok ladies.....here is a question to ponder....What was it that finally took hold of you and gave you the motivation to lose weight??!! Jana & Susan,....you two are having the most success....what got you going? I'm having such difficulty sticking with anything, it's pathetic. You would have thought that my wedding would have gave me TONS of motivation....but obviously it didn't. I'm disappointed in myself, but instead of kicking myself until I can't see anymore,,,I seek your advice. So if any of you have a "trick" or what have you....please share.

Hmmmm ....maybe if I take close up photos of part of my body naked ...then post them all over my fridge...that might make me choke and take notice!! I could post my butt on my dresser with all my jeans..... my belly on the fridge for when I'm hungry....and my thighs in the closet with all my dresses!! Yeah...that would do it!!
But seriously...I need to get "moving" Just got to start!!

Ok...I better get off of here and organize my kitchen. Need to get my dishes done before bed. It's late, but the dishes sitting all night will bug me!!

You all take Care
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 08:26 AM   #55  
GmaTo8

Please go to Chit Chat #41!!!!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote