Old 05-02-2006, 04:08 AM   #1  

Default In your 30's? No kids? Have 50 - 100 lbs to lose? A little crazy? May 2006

Welcome to the May version of our little support group. Feel free to join us - you don't really need to be in your 30's or have a lot to lose - as long as you are a bit crazy!

Anyway come on in, help yourself to fruit and pick a comfy chair. There's a treadmill in the corner if you fancy a bit of exercise or a bar serving only low cal drinks. Mine's a G+T. There's also a LOT of cats so if you are allergic I'd suggest stocking up on antihistamine!

Claire x
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #2  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Maybe we should stock some allergy meds next to the water cooler? Hehehee... yes, all my kids are furry! Come to think of it, so is my hubby... hmmm....

Two cups of coffee this morning and I still want to nap... wake up, Lala!

Happy Tuesday!

-lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:53 AM   #3  

I'm reposting Chrissy's post over here...as it had a particularly good line about recording everthing that passed her lips!

good morning all! I've had a rather bummed out last few days. I weighed in on Sunday and gained .6lbs. I know it's only .6lbs and everything but I'm still a bit bummed about it. I was hoping not to gain and I had a really good week last week.

I'm back though...I've been writing down everything little thing that touches my lips...well....the food and drink anyway Hopefully that'll keep me on track this week. I'm doing WW (in case I didn't tell you that before) so I know I can do it if I just follow the points right.

Ok...i'm in a better mood. I've even changed up my routine. I usually have the same old toast for breakfast each and every morning since January....I've changed to....sit down for this one....bran flakes cereal with raisins and 2% milk....I know...I'm a wild one...watch out!!!

I'm hoping changing up my routine will help...do you guys have any meal ideas and that are tasty? I'm tired of eating the same old stuff....

Hope all is well for everyone....ttyl....
Old 05-03-2006, 04:02 AM   #4  

And now to my post!

Chrissy! - I did LOVE that line!

LALA - WAKE UP! did that help?

I'm off to the gym again today. Have finally found a bra that fits - almost! I've gone down from a 44F to a 37F...they don't even do 37's! It annoying because my cup size is still enormous. I'll be looking like Pamela Anderson if I'm not careful! (Yeah sure you will )
Old 05-04-2006, 10:12 AM   #5  
Play that funky music!

Well, I'm an awful cook, so we still eat out too much and when I cook it's the same old boring stuff...

For breakfast though, I alternate with:
-oatmeal w/variety of add-ins (peanut butter, cinnamon & raisin, walnuts & bananas, berries - and always a tbsp of protein powder)
-high fiber cereal (Uncle Sam or Grape Nuts) and peanut butter toast
-omelet (1 real egg, 1 egg white) with veggie-pattie sausage (not particularly fantastic, but it works when I really crave sausagey breakfast)
-rarely, buckwheat pancakes and a fried egg (and sugar free syrup)

My favorite dinner lately is broiling a steak or a London Broil roast with some petite red potatoes. I boil the potatoes first, coat them with nonfat butter spray and parsley or rosemary if I can find it, then dump them into aluminum foil and broil them for about 10 minutes with the beef. Add a glass of pinot or chiraz and I'm a happy camper! Oh, and of course, some form of veggie... green beans or a salad. I should try that with some kind of chicken and... hmmm... what for seasoning? I could try cajun or chipotle, that would be nice. Then broil the potatoes and maybe some zuccini.... yum...

Other than that I do the occasional stir fry with lots of veggies. I also do chicken enchiladas about every other week, but that's not so healthy.... too much cheeeeeeeeeeessssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Then we go out for sushi a lot!

Hehehee...

-Lala
Old 05-07-2006, 06:35 AM   #6  

Yum! Stop talking about foods you are making me hungry! Over here we have a traditional sunday roast - roast beast, roast potato's and lots and lots of veg. Its the veg that helps you convince yourself its healthy! I am planning one later. Hurrah for sunday!

Am very chirpy today as I've finally lost another pound and am on a round 40 pounds lost!!!! How cool is that? Feels like a goodly amount.

Anyway am off to do some work - I tell you having two jobs is a bit crazy I don't even do it because I need the money (although it doesn't hurt) but because I love tarot reading! Had to work all day yesterday for my other job and now have loads of tarot readings. Busy busy.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:48 AM   #7  
Play that funky music!

Wow, good work Claire! Forty pounds is great! Boogie on with your bad self.... It's good that you have something like tarot that you love and can do for a living! So many people, myself included, work to live instead of love to work. I'm hoping when I'm further along in school and can get a writing job that I'll be happy at work, doing something I love...

Hope ya'll are having a great (and healthy) weekend!

-Lala
Old 05-07-2006, 11:16 AM   #8  

Thanks Lala, how are you doing?

Claire x
Old 05-08-2006, 09:35 AM   #9  
Play that funky music!

I still feel a little stuck... I had gotten down to 254 then screwed up and shot back up to 259, so I've been slowly re-losing the same 5 pounds for the past couple of weeks. I'm 255 today, though, and TOM is about gone, so I should see a happy number in time for my Wednesday weigh-in. Yay!

I should also be able to start working in the next week or so, if I can just pass the bleeping typing test. I went Friday to take it and really messed up. At home I can type 65 or 70 wpm pretty easily, but I got there and could barely make 60 wpm... really ticked me off! I'm going to try again this week... wish me luck!

-La
Old 05-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #10  
Play that funky music!

Woo hoo! I finally passed the typing test yesterday, so I went to finish up the paperwork and take the drug test, which will be fine. So, once the red tape and paperwork clears up I should be working by early next week! Relief!

-lala
Old 05-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #11  

Hurrah! Well done! Was posting earlier to ask how you had done but had to work..the cheek of it! Am very glad.

Am a bit stressed today - have very noisy neighbours and asked them to keep it down last night. Their dad is away and its two kids approx 16 and 18. Anyway later I heard fighting next door, furniture going over etc and then the kid was outside our door shouting 'I'm going to stab them/him.' Can't tell whether it was them or him. Anyhoo, now we dont know whether he wanted to stab his brother or us! Not the best feeling I can tell you.

AND have been told my job (not the tarot job my other bill paying one) is not secure so moving isn't looking very possible at the moment.

Hmmm...I'm sure things will look better tomorrow.

Claire x

ps well done again!
Old 05-10-2006, 12:58 PM   #12  
Play that funky music!

Oooo, good luck with the work situation. My hubby used to work for a different division of his company and we had to agonize through potential layoffs about every other month. It was horrible! Fortunately he always avoided the hammer, but every time it was knots in the tummy...

Keep me posted!

-lala
Old 05-15-2006, 01:07 PM   #13  

Hello! Hello! Hello!

Sorry have been a bit quiet. Me and the fella have decided to move so my getting a permenant job is more important than before! I've got an application in so we'll see. I've also been doing lots of tarot readings as I've had an offer on readings.

Weight wise still STILL havent had TOM to visit so am getting bored. Its not that unusual for me to be a week or so late but if this goes through to the weekend I'm buying a pregnancy test! ARGH!

Anyhoo, fella has just cooked tea as I've been working upstairs on my readings...better go!

How's everyone else??? Lala have you started work yet?
Old 05-15-2006, 03:26 PM   #14  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

WOW - a site designed just for me...
I am 34..100 pounds over what I should be..no kids...and definitely crazy..
can you take one more on board?
Crime girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:56 PM   #15  
Play that funky music!

Hi Crime Girl! Definitely come on in and welcome! No kids... any pets?

Coley - Yep, started work this morning. It's not bad... maybe a touch on the boring side. Lots of paper, lots and lots of paper. But the hours are so very flexible that I can deal with that for a long time. I'll be able to take my classes whenever I need to and still have a job around that. Yay!

Good luck with your search and I hope you get plenty of readings to do in the meantime...

-Lala